Page / 8
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:21:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cops were scared for their safety.
They are the biggest joke.
View Quote
Guy that's a big joke calling others a big joke? The irony......
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:22:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
FUCK YOU!

The broken light is a CRIME. A ticket is an ARREST! The ticket is a promise to APPEAR! The officer can have you get OUT of the vehicle.

Good arrest and the rest of you people spouting off about cops getting big heads etc. Eat Shit. I'm going home to my family. And if I want you to sit on the curb, case law says I can. Hell, if I WANT to, I can book you in to county jail for the fucking broke light under state law and not even give you a city ticket.
View Quote
Holier than thou with a poor attitude. Occupation fits.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:23:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Didn't need to watch the video to know the ethnicity.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:24:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Step out, keep mouth shut, get ticket, go home.
View Quote
Correct.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:31:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Never understood why people have to be assholes to cops, but I have no sympathy for this couple.  They were looking for a confrontation from the get go.
View Quote
Yup. Rich and vibrant culture being rich and vibrant. Fuck em.

Funny how most people never have a single issue with cops except the dumb fuck who wants to record the interaction and be a fucking moron.

Reason number 37 I couldn't be a cop, most thankless job on the fucking planet yet let those dipshits get robbed and watch who the call screaming.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:31:46 AM EDT
[#6]
There are a number of people in this thread with their pants on their head.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:32:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
lol some of you guys would let a cop fuck you in the butt if it was a "lawful" order.
View Quote
And some of you are so full of internet baddassery that it's laughable.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:39:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Because feels.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you. How is there even more argument than this?
Because feels.
No.  Not just because feels.   If I am walking down the sidewalk and get stopped by an officer who demands ID and gives me a pat down....I am going to potentially be irritated because there is no probable cause.   Just because an officer demands something does not make it justified.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:43:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No.  Not just because feels.   If I am walking down the sidewalk and get stopped by an officer who demands ID and gives me a pat down....I am going to potentially be irritated because there is no probable cause.   Just because an officer demands something does not make it justified.
View Quote
And the way to handle that is to take it up with their chain of command after the fact
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:51:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
And the way to handle that is to take it up with their chain of command after the fact
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.   I think you should always comply with an officers commands.    But what I want to make clear is they are not correct all the time either.   And I don't want there to be an abuse of authority because they feel like any command if fair game because everyone always complies and never questions.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:58:26 AM EDT
[#11]
I've only had an officer disarm me once on a traffic stop. It was pretty scary actually....... Dumbass didn't know how to unload my 1911, he had both hands on it fucking with it. I was waiting for him to shoot himself with the damn thing, I knew he was an idiot as soon as I opened my suit coat at his insistence so he could see the gun and he says, "Why is it cocked?"....The whole time I'm thinking, "You're a real fucking dumbass, if I wanted to shoot you, I'd grab the FAL off the back floor board of my truck while you have both hands on a fucking gun you can't get the safety off of and ventilate your ass".

As soon as I told him I was armed he says the standard bullshit, "For your safety and mine I'm going to disarm you"......So, I'm thinking, "For my safety? Are you telling me that I"m not safe since you pulled me over? Maybe I shouldn't give up my gun if I'm not safe now..." It's so fucking stupid beyond words.

Yea, I'm a real fucking threat in my new pickup, wearing a suit and tie with three Cub Scouts in the back seat on my way to a den meeting at the Church, good job, you literally caught Ben Quaeda, Al's older brother......
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:03:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I converted all my lights over to LED's awhile back,,, The vehicle will rust out under me way before I have a buld shit the bed... Fuck be upon the old incandescent bulbs..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
i try to keep spare bulbs in the truck, just sayin'
I converted all my lights over to LED's awhile back,,, The vehicle will rust out under me way before I have a buld shit the bed... Fuck be upon the old incandescent bulbs..
I started converting them a few months ago, I think I have the entire rear end done except for the license plate lights
the interior of the truck is done too, but I still have the front end remaining and it's expensive
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:04:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:22:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hey, funny guy.  Google how they caught son of Sam, then come back and admit you don't know what you're talking about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good job.  Gotta get those fuckers with burned out license plate lights.  Next thing you know they will be running coke!  
Hey, funny guy.  Google how they caught son of Sam, then come back and admit you don't know what you're talking about.
Uh....he told on himself while arrested for something completely different. That's how they caught him IIRC.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:25:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Uh....he told on himself while arrested for something completely different. That's how they caught him IIRC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good job.  Gotta get those fuckers with burned out license plate lights.  Next thing you know they will be running coke!  
The tip that broke the case ... came from Cacilia Davis, 49, a terrified woman who told a belated story to New York police. Davis, who lives near the Gravesend Bay site where Stacy Moskowitz was killed, said she was walking her dog Snowball near her apartment at 2:30 a.m. on the night of the murder.

A young man "who walked strange, like a cat" approached her on the sidewalk, looked directly into her face, then passed. She said he held his right arm down stiffly, as though he were carrying something partly up his sleeve. Five minutes later she heard shots and the wail of a car horn.

Next day, learning of the double shooting, she was certain the passing stranger had been the killer. When detectives questioned her, she recalled another vital detail: she had seen a cop tagging a cream-colored car parked illegally near a fire hydrant one block from the murder site.

Incredibly, Berkowitz, who had so cleverly eluded police for so long, had used his own properly registered 1970 Ford Galaxie sedan as his getaway car for each attack, not bothering even to acquire stolen license plates. When New York police checked parking tickets for the murder night in the Gravesend neighborhood, they found one issued to Berkowitz; it led to his Yonkers address.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:33:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Generally speaking I treat everyone as potential threat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shot and killed by a ccw permit holder. http://officerphilipdavis.com/
Just so we're clear, one incident allows you to profile everyone and treat everyone suspiciously, but when cops do bad things it's "a small percentage/don't judge all cops by one/bad apples/etc."
Generally speaking I treat everyone as potential threat.
Understandable from the POV of "mentality of the job and getting through the day".
A problem when Law Enforcement actions violate the very covenants of Freedom that are expected to be upheld.
LEO's blurring the line of probable cause and reasonable suspicion over what most would consider absolutely zero indication that anything other than a minor traffic violation occurred is the issue.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:34:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I was driving through almost-super-rural northern Minnesota... ETA: about 0200 (2AM)

Came up to a semi truck and trailer stretched across the road with state patrol blocking the road off. A minivan had just pulled up to it before me.

Guns everywhere in my car. Short rifle case in passenger seat. S&W Bodyguard in pocket sleeve/holster on center console in view, OD drag bag stretched across back seat.

Trooper talks to minivan people a little. They start going around the truck in a small path around. Then cautiously approached me. By this time I had turned on my interior light and was keeping one hand on the top of my steering wheel, the other resting my chin on. I do this so he doesn't need to work so hard to check my hands, check my car, etc etc. That said, I have guns everywhere. Probably lucky I didn't have the AR pistol out of the case...

I give a nice 'Howdy.' He looks in, I think he sees most of the gun indicators. Tells me to follow the van to get around the truck. I give a positive "Will do" and get to it. Dude was a younger white dude. I'm 26y/o. I doubt he was even 30y/o.

Perfect interaction.
View Quote
Wow, that's almost exactly the same situation.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:40:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Pulling someone over for a broken license plate light is dumb.

Almost as dumb as killing a guy over not paying taxes when selling ciggs...

When the infraction that is the cause of a stop is so minor as a broken license plate light, the stop probably shouldn't happen in the first place.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:46:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:48:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This 'officer safety' thing needs to be DONE.

Basically 'I can treat you like a complete criminal and do anything I want under the pretense of 'officer safety (control)'

And I'm pro-policing and all that.

Me and a buddy both had our guns pulled off us for a traffic stop. Two white good ol boys from MN. And people from AZ thing their cops are sooo pro gun.... lol. It was in AZ.
View Quote
Every traffic stop is different. I've been disarmed by an officer for expired plates, I was in my jeep with no windows or doors on, wearing a suit and tie. He got in my jeep and pulled my .38 off me unloaded it. And kept it in his car until he came back with a warning.

Another time I was driving my jeep home from the desert after shooting, I had about 15 guns in it. Multiple ars, ak, 6-7 pistols. It was about 11:30 at night. I was pulled over for speeding and swerving. Officer thought I was drinking and that's why I was pulled over. I wasn't drinking, I was pulling the pistol off my belt because it was digging into my side, crossed the lines a little. My loaded/holstered beretta right there on the passenger seat as he comes up the the vehicle. He seen the beretta asked if there were other weapons, told him yeah a bunch. he actually told me to calm down because I was so nervous. Never even grabbed the beretta to put it in the back of my jeep or anything. He ended up not giving me a ticket for speeding, then we sat and talked about guns for 10minutes or so. He was telling me about his friend just got a new scope for his ar15 and they went shooting, then we were both from the same area in Michigan. Turned out to be the best interaction with an officer I've ever had.

Both instances I handled myself the exact same way. Both hands resting on the steering wheel until the officer comes to the window, no sudden movements or digging around the console or under the seats etc.  yes sir no sir etc.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What's with the awkward silence at the beginning and the looking around, and then the cop says something quietly to the driver and then starts with his talking?
View Quote
Was wondering the same thing.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:52:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Last time a cop asked me to get out of the car (and disarm), I got to sit in the front seat of a really nice new Charger. He looked at my record. We talked about various criminal law scenarios. He told me to slow it down and enjoy my time in Kansas City. No ticket. No one was shot, tazed, or dragged. Because I'm not an a-hole or a douche.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:54:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

When the infraction that is the cause of a stop is so minor as a broken license plate light, the stop probably shouldn't happen in the first place.
View Quote
Having a burned out light is dumb, because that is how you get pulled over.  Not because of the light, but because it gives them a a reason to stop you.  That's how they catch 87% of drunk divers, among others.  Never invite the man into your life.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:03:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Got a permit, that's great, but cop says get out, you better get the fuck out..  also typical attitude from usual group.  The bullshit attitudes most blacks seem to have is IMHO 90% of the reason they have so many issues with simple assed traffic stops.  Fuck just follow orders, how hard is that ?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:08:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Having a burned out light is dumb, because that is how you get pulled over.  Not because of the light, but because it gives them a a reason to stop you.  That's how they catch 87% of drunk divers, among others.  Never invite the man into your life.
View Quote
Uh, no.  Combination of: failing to maintain lane (left or right over the line), wide turns, driving too slow, no headlights, passed out behind the wheel and so on.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:15:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:15:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Let's back it up to the moments before the stop was initiated. In one vehicle, you have a family enjoying the evening and minding their own business. In the other vehicle, you have a man who wants to fuck with somebody over a broken license plate light.

Who was looking for the confrontation, again?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never understood why people have to be assholes to cops, but I have no sympathy for this couple.  They were looking for a confrontation from the get go.
Let's back it up to the moments before the stop was initiated. In one vehicle, you have a family enjoying the evening and minding their own business. In the other vehicle, you have a man who wants to fuck with somebody over a broken license plate light.

Who was looking for the confrontation, again?
Actually, the man who "wants to fuck with people" is a paid agent of the state that has job duties including enforcing the vehicle code, or whatever they call it in Texas.  

Talk about anti cop....
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:16:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The reality is that the worst drivers drive lousy cars. especially here in the NE where we are a four season state. You drive through the trailer parks and section 8 complexes and you see a mish mash of cars held together with Bondo, duct tape and red tape over the taillights. Real rolling wrecks that have a ton of equipment issues associated with them.
It isn't hard to find a reason to stop drunks either. they're bouncing all over the road, getting into accidents, not following the V & T laws.....

Quoted:

That guy died because he fought back and placed demands on his body that his body couldn't keep up with.
Ultimately he died because he ignored the previous incidents where he'd been a problem and decided he could continue to thumb his nose at the community and the laws.
It was the community and their complaints about him that brought him to the attention of police.
It's not like the police were sitting around the station bored and said lets go find this guy and mess with him.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:16:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Step out, keep mouth shut, get ticket, go home.
View Quote
or WARNING...
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:25:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Imagine how much heartburn, heartache, arrests, deaths and beatdowns could be prevented in the world if people would JUST DO A PROPER PMCS.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:27:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They were fishing.  Hook, line, sinker.
View Quote
Yup.  They wanted a confrontation.  They acted confrontational.  

Here is a hint for my young Brothers in Blue-

If they are actively filming you, they want a reaction, and they want it on film.  
Unless you have them dead to nuts on something serious, just roll with it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:38:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
it's not what?

not required to inform?  you probably know that isnt true.  Just because there is no penalty doesnt mean it isnt in the law
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Actually it's not anymore.  There is no penalty for not informing.
it's not what?

not required to inform?  you probably know that isnt true.  Just because there is no penalty doesnt mean it isnt in the law
Did this change? I thought the penalty was loss of CHL.

I would much rather not inform, the gun is safest if neither party is fucking with it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:54:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Uh, no.  Combination of: failing to maintain lane (left or right over the line), wide turns, driving too slow, no headlights, passed out behind the wheel and so on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay,  but I'm not wrong in principle.  If you stop someone for a plate light,  is it not often at least in part a justification for the stop in the hope of finding something more?   I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:56:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Pulling someone over for a broken license plate light is dumb.   You would be shocked to find out how many crimes are solved / criminals arrested because of minor equipment violations. 

Almost as dumb as killing a guy over not paying taxes when selling ciggs...   You can't really believe that...  Do you have a link for that?

When the infraction that is the cause of a stop is so minor as a broken license plate light, the stop probably shouldn't happen in the first place.    Wrong.
View Quote
When I first started I was told that the person you are stopping / contacting knows exactly who you are.  You're wearing a funny uniform and driving a car with lights.   You, on the other hand, have no idea who you are stopping. 

One of the things that people don't really think about is that a criminal, who has just committed a crime or has committed a crime and has not yet been identified, thinks the Officer knows everything about him.  Most of the time the Officer doesn't know anything about you and takes a posture of control until the stop is over and you have left.  

Go on a ride-a-long and get a different perspective of what actually happens.  You might actually start to understand why cops do what they do.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:12:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
When I first started I was told that the person you are stopping / contacting knows exactly who you are.  You're wearing a funny uniform and driving a car with lights.   You, on the other hand, have no idea who you are stopping. 

One of the things that people don't really think about is that a criminal, who has just committed a crime or has committed a crime and has not yet been identified, thinks the Officer knows everything about him.  Most of the time the Officer doesn't know anything about you and takes a posture of control until the stop is over and you have left.  

Go on a ride-a-long and get a different perspective of what actually happens.  You might actually start to understand why cops do what they do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pulling someone over for a broken license plate light is dumb.   You would be shocked to find out how many crimes are solved / criminals arrested because of minor equipment violations. 

Almost as dumb as killing a guy over not paying taxes when selling ciggs...   You can't really believe that...  Do you have a link for that?

When the infraction that is the cause of a stop is so minor as a broken license plate light, the stop probably shouldn't happen in the first place.    Wrong.

Most people CANNOT put themselves in anothers position. They dont learn it in school, and their job doesnt require it, so it never occurs to them.

Thats how you get people indignant that a cop might think there is a possibility they are a bad guy.  Its not like the cars that have second strike felons with an open beer in the console are labled.  The cop has NO IDEA who you are.....until you show him.  Some show it by shooting at the cop.  Cops would be idiots if they werent thinking about that during traffic stops.  

Some show who they are by making the cops interaction easier for everyone.

Ive posted this dozens of times.  Heres how i do a night traffic stop.  First, as others have mentioned, i maintain my vehicle.  No burned lights, no broken lenses, no cracked windshields.  It takes two minutes once a month to check this.  We all KNOW that cops pull people over for "chicken shit" stuff, so why give them that excuse?

Then, when the lights go on, i pull well to the shoulder, in a safe place, and i put the car in park and turn it off. Ive never felt the need to toss the keys on the dash, but some do this.  I roll all the windows down, especially if there is tint.  Being able to see who is in the back seat at night helps them decide this car isnt a problem, because thats what they are looking for.  I also turn on the interior lights for the same reason.

I keep my hands on the wheel, 10 and 2, as the cop approaches. I dont kiss his or her ass, but i am polite. If they want something, i tell them where it is, and ask if i can reach to that place for it.  I dont take my hands off the wheel,until they verbally tell me thats what they want. Ive actually said "i need you to say 'yes' " when one guy nodded.  When i move, i move slowly, deliberately, and i reach where i told them i was going to be reaching.

I keep firearms AWAY from what i am going to be reaching for.  Wallet in left pocket, gun on right hip.  If the gun is off me, its someplace where i do not keep insurance or registration. Ive taken to keeping registration in the visor, there is no digging there.  

I hardly ever get pulled over.  Ive never been pulled over in 3 years of carrying.  But thats how i do it/plan to do it.  

Never had a problem.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:23:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Okay,  but I'm not wrong in principle.  If you stop someone for a plate light,  is it not often at least in part a justification for the stop in the hope of finding something more?   I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that.
View Quote
Equipment violations are violations of traffic laws or code.  I can't recall the last time I issued a money citation for one.  I give plenty of written or verbal warnings.  In my state you can take a citation to any LEO and show them that the violation has been fixed and they can inspect the fix and sign off on the citation.  The person can then take the citation to the courthouse and it will be dismissed.  My take on equipment violations is that it is a safety issue, the goal should be alerting the driver so they can fix it.

With that said, equipment violations are often used as pretext for a stop.   I have used them to stop vehicles leaving known drug locations or for vehicles slow driving neighborhoods late at night or early morning that are prone to burglaries as common examples.  It allows me to identify who was driving and investigate if there is any RS/PC for a criminal violation.  So I may have a warning citation and even complete a Field Interview Report if no further action is taken by me so detectives can have the information if needed.  I also frequently use warning citations when making a case, because they document your PC for the stop and cannot be taken to a traffic hearing and dismissed.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:45:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you. How is there even more argument than this?
Because feels.
You do not even know what you are talking about.  (You do not know the difference between RS and PC) yet you have a firm opinion on it. You also do not understand what a Terry stop is. You also do not understand what a lawful order is.  Remember, the police are not the ones who decide what is lawful. You are, through representation you chose.

Not only does my statement "because feels" stand, you have proven it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:55:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Why didn't he just get out of the fucking car? Both the driver and passenger had more attitude than you could throw a stick at. He could have easily avoided the ride.
View Quote
Because they're both dumbasses.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:56:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
in some instances, officer safety has ended up with a dead civilian, so I am with the driver. Some, I said SOME, cops can be dicks and don't need us out of the car to cite us.

didn't watch the video, don't care.
View Quote
Awesome comment.  I too like to form opinions without knowing any facts.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:57:22 AM EDT
[#40]
protip: don't marry a sanctimonious, obnoxious twat.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 12:00:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
lol some of you guys would let a cop fuck you in the butt if it was a "lawful" order.
View Quote
You "might" have a legitimate point if there was anything remotely near that going on in this incident. There was nothing illegal or anywhere near the sexual assault comment that your dumbass remark equates this to. Typical Antifa
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 12:01:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Then change the law requiring a tag light.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then change the law requiring a tag light.
You should know buy now that its more fashionable to bitch on the internet than actually put in the work to try and change what you don't like.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 12:01:40 PM EDT
[#43]
What part of do what the officer says and all will be good do these idiots not understand
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 12:03:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Equipment violations are violations of traffic laws or code.  I can't recall the last time I issued a money citation for one.  I give plenty of written or verbal warnings.  In my state you can take a citation to any LEO and show them that the violation has been fixed and they can inspect the fix and sign off on the citation.  The person can then take the citation to the courthouse and it will be dismissed.  My take on equipment violations is that it is a safety issue, the goal should be alerting the driver so they can fix it.

With that said, equipment violations are often used as pretext for a stop.   I have used them to stop vehicles leaving known drug locations or for vehicles slow driving neighborhoods late at night or early morning that are prone to burglaries as common examples.  It allows me to identify who was driving and investigate if there is any RS/PC for a criminal violation.  So I may have a warning citation and even complete a Field Interview Report if no further action is taken by me so detectives can have the information if needed.  I also frequently use warning citations when making a case, because they document your PC for the stop and cannot be taken to a traffic hearing and dismissed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perfectly legit, IMO.  I got pulled over for 3 MPH over the limit in Arkansas in the middle of the night a couple of months ago.  I was on my way back from Texas, with a load of stuff in my truck under a tarp, Ohio plates, and I had a map light on.    It was probably the nicest cop I've ever encountered.   He came to the passenger side, where my wife was sitting, knitting a sweater, (which is why the map light was on).

Him, after a nice conversation in which we agreed that I was speeding: "I'm just making sure you ain't hauling any guns or drugs tonight".
Me: "No drugs, but a few guns".  
Him: "Well hell, that ain't illegal.  You folks have a safe trip".
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 12:06:28 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm still trying to understand how the 4th Amendment is violated when a fellow is asked to exit a vehicle during a reasonable seizure (traffic stop for a violation) and no search is involved, and why SCOTUS is evil for allowing it to happen.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 12:09:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Over a broken tail light?  That's messed up.  The cop should have deduced, by virtue of the fact that the guy had a CHL, that he wasn't a criminal.

What a pussy.
View Quote
Because CHL holders are superhumans that are immune from human frailties and temptations to commit crimes unlike the rest of the human race.
What an idiot.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 12:11:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Found some background.  Driver has a history of assault on cops.  

Defendant Quincy Blakely, indicted for assault of a public servant by the Dallas County Grand Jury in 2015, see State v. Blakely, No. F1518020 (Crim. Dist. Ct. No. 5, Dallas Cty., Tex.), has removed the aforementioned, still pending state criminal prosecution to this Court under 28 U.S.C. § 1455, see Dkt. No. 3. United States District Judge Jane J. Boyle has referred this action to the undersigned United States magistrate judge for pretrial management under 28 U.S.C. § 636(b) and an order of reference. See Dkt. No. 5. The undersigned issues the following findings of fact, conclusions of law, and recommendation that the Court should sua sponte remand this action to the Dallas County Criminal District Court No. 5.

http://www.leagle.com/decision/In%20FDCO%2020170515G80/STATE%20v.%20BLAKELY
View Quote
Dumbasses that idolized this scumbag don't care that he is a scumbag. This makes no difference to them.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 12:13:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Went looking for drama, Dallas county sheriff deputy obliged.

The woman sounds like Dashiki from Don't Be A Menace...

Link Posted: 6/29/2017 12:14:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'm still trying to understand how the 4th Amendment is violated when a fellow is asked to exit a vehicle during a reasonable seizure (traffic stop for a violation) and no search is involved, and why SCOTUS is evil for allowing it to happen.
View Quote
It isn't until there are additional facts.  Like a head but through the window in order to get the guy out of the car.  I had that case.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 12:16:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Driver deserved everything he got.

What a moron.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top