Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/26/2017 11:49:51 PM EDT
Maybe its just my county, but, why is it when you see these signs, its always on the most run down trashiest properties in the county?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:51:44 PM EDT
[#1]
lack of a HOA
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:57:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Dey cookin meth
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:17:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Their land, their rules.
Go be poor somewhere else.

I will be purchasing land on which I will be building a log home where I will retire to in a decade or so.
It will also be posted with no trespassing signs.
The reason being is that there will be a shooting range on the property and having someone wander onto it will be hazardous to their health.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:00:28 AM EDT
[#4]
My no trespassing, no hunting, no shooting in this direction signs are there because I caught a .30 bullet in the of my truck  rear bumper while parked in my yard.

I've got 3K of state and national forest behind my house, deer are rampant, and hunters don't think what's behind the deer they're trying to shoot.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:01:31 AM EDT
[#5]
negligent discharge.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:03:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Maybe its just my county, but, why is it when you see these signs, its always on the most run down trashiest properties in the county?
View Quote

Because they live next to trashy people that like to trespass on private property...
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:08:47 AM EDT
[#7]
In Texas purple paint on the trees on the property line takes the place of signage. Not a good idea to ignore it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:46:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In Texas purple paint on the trees on the property line takes the place of signage. Not a good idea to ignore it.
View Quote
Missouri as well. It's actually surprisingly rare on individual landowners' property, but it's definitely used.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 6:26:21 AM EDT
[#9]
OP  HATES COUNTRY PEOPLE....

My trashy hillbilly land is posted in case some city asshat gets hurt on my land I can state it's posted
and they didn't belong there. Not my problem..
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:33:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
This just became law in TN. Never even heard about the purple paint thing until I read about it in the newspaper.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:37:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This just became law in TN. Never even heard about the purple paint thing until I read about it in the newspaper.
View Quote
Same here.  I wonder if they have to post signs that purple paint means no trespassing?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:42:08 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm not seeing that much around here.  Signs are on a wide range of properties in various conditions.  It just saddens me a little when a big stand of old hardwood trees is clear cut to a muddy field of stumps.   It looks ugly and trespasses on my vision.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:44:42 AM EDT
[#13]
As one who has many no trespassing signs I can say they are only effective if you have some cameras to identify who is not obey your property rights.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:46:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Missouri as well. It's actually surprisingly rare on individual landowners' property, but it's definitely used.
View Quote
I see it often around my rural Jackson County hunting spots. Up around my 50 acres in Macon County, not so much. Personally, I think the No Trespassing signs and/or purple paint both look trashy, so I don't use them. Neighbors do a better job keeping trespassers away than anything else.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:51:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not here. The best hunting land has posted signs. We have lots of trespassing.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:09:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Because people refuse to accept the fact that despite them being absolutely certain that they do not own it, they use it like they do anyway because there is no place to ride their four wheeler at the apartment complex they live in.

Trespassers,on the quality of human scale are only a very short step removed from child molesters and animal abusers.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:14:11 AM EDT
[#17]
I have found it is usually the trashiest people who trespass.  They do alot of damage to my property. Almost all have permission to be there. Trespassers are scumbags .
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:15:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Dey cookin meth
View Quote
Second post nails it!
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:16:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:18:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I see it often around my rural Jackson County hunting spots. Up around my 50 acres in Macon County, not so much. Personally, I think the No Trespassing signs and/or purple paint both look trashy, so I don't use them. Neighbors do a better job keeping trespassers away than anything else.
View Quote
Meh, I post the signs because it makes it much easier to deal with them when I do find them.  They cross a sign = arrest, vs I find them and they have to get a warning.  Gives me more leverage to get rid of them without much fuss when I remind them that they could be arrested right now if I wanted to give the sheriff a call.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:29:44 AM EDT
[#21]
It's a good thing Lewis and Clark had a chance to explore the country before you guys showed up
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:50:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Because people refuse to accept the fact that despite them being absolutely certain that they do not own it, they use it like they do anyway because there is no place to ride their four wheeler at the apartment complex they live in.

Trespassers,on the quality of human scale are only a very short step removed from child molesters and animal abusers.
View Quote
I agree.

One downsides to TN is that you have to have your property posted, it has to have a certain type of sign with specific language and spaced every 100 yards and at every typical entrance and so on ans so forth before the ssheriff or Game Warden will do anything about trespassing hunters.

I like AL laws much better:  You have written permission to hunt on property not your own in your possession or your trespassing, no other requirements needed.  Also in AL, all private property is considered posted "No Trespassing" for the purposes of hunting.  This means you don't have to post NT signs if you don't want to but your property is still considered posted for the purposes of hunting.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:52:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Their land, their rules.
Go be poor somewhere else.

I will be purchasing land on which I will be building a log home where I will retire to in a decade or so.
It will also be posted with no trespassing signs.
The reason being is that there will be a shooting range on the property and having someone wander onto it will be hazardous to their health.
View Quote
I have both NT signs and "Keep Out - Shooting Range" signs around my property.  I currently have two rifle ranges now and I'll be adding a third once I'm done with my Taj Mahal Upgrade
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:57:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bowaters used bright orange (go vols!) here in Tennessee to mark the boundary lines on their tree farms. I don't now if its' a legal state color or not but everyone knows what it means.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:01:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
OP  HATES COUNTRY PEOPLE....

My trashy hillbilly land is posted in case some city asshat gets hurt on my land I can state it's posted
and they didn't belong there. Not my problem..
View Quote
It just shows you how stupid people are to think they can walk/drive/ride wherever they want on land they don't own.  It's simply if you don't own it stay off it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:02:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Arkansas as well. No hunting no trespassing.
Surprisingly the game wardens take note of posted property and will enforce the no hunting part.

And yes, my property is posted. I wouldn't think anyone would call it trashy - it looks more like a garden spot (landscaped by previous owner).
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:03:45 AM EDT
[#27]
I can see people putting the signs on property that is not occupied, but what is with some places that are lived in, in a subdivision, and have a no trespassing sign on the front door?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:10:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Second post nails it!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dey cookin meth
Second post nails it!
Growing pot.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:13:11 AM EDT
[#29]
so OP likes trespassing.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:15:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's only a few states.

It will get modified to paint AND signs as soon as the first color blind person is shot. 
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:18:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Same in WV. Never understood why they picked purple.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:22:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I agree.

One sownsides to TN is that you have to have your property posted, it has to have a certain type of sign with specific language and spaced every 100 yards and at every typical entrance and so on ans so forth before the ssheriff or Game Warden will do anything about trespassing hunters.

I like AL laws much better:  You have written permission to hunt on property not your own in your possession or your trespassing, no other requirements needed.  Also in AL, all private property is considered posted "No Trespassing" for the purposes of hunting.  This means you don't have to post NT signs if you don't want to but your property is still considered posted for the purposes of hunting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.

One sownsides to TN is that you have to have your property posted, it has to have a certain type of sign with specific language and spaced every 100 yards and at every typical entrance and so on ans so forth before the ssheriff or Game Warden will do anything about trespassing hunters.

Florida is even better. Trespass with a firearm is a felony.  As it should be.  Also, IIRC trespass by projectile is a felony as well.. aka, you shoot at a animal located on someone's property, or your bullet goes onto another's property. = felony.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:26:27 AM EDT
[#33]
I hate trespassers.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:31:20 AM EDT
[#34]
I have them around my fish pond.  Its a private man made pond, that I own and that I stock.  Since my pond is about 3/4-1 acre nobody has any rights to access it.  In Maine the body of water has to be 10 acres in order for the public to be guaranteed access.  The no trespassing signs are not visible until you are well into my property anyway so its not like they are around my house or front yard.  I hate to have them up because I think they look trashy but hey I don't want someone coming in and drowning in my pond or catching all my fish.  Those brook trout and rainbows aren't cheap...
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:57:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Around here, the No Trespassing signs on trashy property are a sign that someone just bought the property for redevelopment.  They are working on a plan to clean it up and don't want more junk dumped on it or damnyankee squatters living in the bushes.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:01:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have signs along the road and silver paint on trees in the woods. Just in case you miss the sign.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:01:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:03:20 AM EDT
[#38]
I have one.  

I live on a lake.  People in nearby communities LITERALLY would come fish off of my back porch.  About four feet from my patio door.  How much of a self-centered asshole do you have to be to just walk on to some strangers patio and plop down and start fishing? I figured a go the fuck away sign was a better step than just shooting them.  But, it may get there eventually.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:35:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
I recently found out about it for NC.  We've got two creeks that run through our property and a river on the back side.  Also have road frontage on the front side.  That means everyone parks and hikes through our property to go get drunk and make a huge mess and call it fishing.  I've purple stripes all along the property now.  Purple everywhere!

CHRIS
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:43:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I can see people putting the signs on property that is not occupied, but what is with some places that are lived in, in a subdivision, and have a no trespassing sign on the front door?
View Quote
 I have the no trespass and dog warnings sign.

Just a bit of legal protection in case someone not invited gets bit.

Other dogs roaming around and come in my yard.

And it acts as the you were already warned, step one.  Police can have them if needed after that. Keeps me from escalating a confrontation.

Keeps some of the door knocker salesman away.

Basically doing my part for private property protections for just in case.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:48:06 AM EDT
[#41]
I have one posted.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:56:08 AM EDT
[#42]
It looks like I need a case of purple paint now. Thanks ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:43:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It's a good thing Lewis and Clark had a chance to explore the country before you guys showed up
View Quote
Y'know, there's gotta be a reason that they dissapeared without a trace.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:34:36 PM EDT
[#44]
My Posted and No Trespassing Signs are to let the Down State Dip Shits and the Jersey Jerk Offs know that just because they are in the mountains it is not some free for all, that the land is actually owned by someone, and it is not them. Far to many of these scummers think "hey vacant land we can hunt, road hunt, quad ride, hike, take a dip in your pond, or soak our feet in your brook, stream etc."

Hell I had some Jersey Jerk Off try to drive across my lawn one time. He was out joy riding on what he tried to claim was the "power line public right-of-way," (all private property) but when it came to an end he did not want to try and climb back up the mountain. He sees my house and figures there must be an easier way out and drives through the woods and onto my lawn. In this POS mind he did not see anything wrong with driving across someones lawn to make his life easier.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:54:00 PM EDT
[#45]
We own property in Southern Tier of NY. Several miles back into the woods off of a seasonal road. 50 acres behind us is owned by a couple who live off grid and keep to themselves, property next to us and across the road from us is about 1,000 acres give or take owned by a hunting club. They posted every 50 feet of the property line around my property. Made VERY clear to me that I should never ever ever step foot on their property.

However... they will hunt on my property, ride their 4 wheelers across it, ride snowmobiles in the very large meadow at the back of our property and like to steal our game cameras. Their attitude to me is basically...tough crap. I was told they hunted that property and used that property as their own until I bought it and they will continue to do that as long as they want. No local LEO and the trooper who patrols that county is part of a neighboring hunt club and basically blows it off as them being good old boys and will "take them a while to get used to someone else owning that property"

I did recently find out that the road out front is part of my property and over the years the dirt road has slowly shifted off of the right of way and further on to my property. Currently only about 3-4 feet of the road is on the deeded ROW. rest is fully on my property. One of the people who owns land (a LOT of land) further up behind us and is friends with my wifes family who has LOTS of relatives in the area and actually settled a lot of the area around it originally... his laugh was that I should block up the road not on the right of way and sit back and watch the fun. Only other way in to the hunt club property is from the other end of the seasonal road which is nearly impassable and about a 20 minute ride.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:22:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Dey cookin meth
View Quote
Pretty much.

There is a dipshit down the road from my work place that grows weed.  He has his state issued (Michigan) weed card, so while he is a moron he's legal.
He has plenty of No Trespassing signs littering every window of the house.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:25:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It just shows you how stupid people are to think they can walk/drive/ride wherever they want on land they don't own.  It's simply if you don't own it stay off it.
View Quote
We have a member here who said exactly that in a thread a few months ago. Basically "if it ain't posted I go where I want because fuck your private property rights"
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:26:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Hmpf. I had to Google it but purple paint means No Trespassing in Texas.

I wonder what good it is if nobody knows?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:27:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quit trespassing OP
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:27:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Same in WV. Never understood why they picked purple.
View Quote
Colorblind people see purple.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top