Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:14:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I swear they could fuck up a wet dream.
View Quote
You just gotta remember there are quite a few Nevertrumpers in the Senate who want Trump to fail.

They hate him and wanted Hillary to win.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:03:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Of the "22 million" that will lose their health insurance - how many will it be because they chose to not have health insurance? 20 million?

OP might want to check that out.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:18:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They will only be uninsured if they don't get a damn job and take care of their own families.  

Headlines should be, "Working families will no longer pay insurance costs for 23 million deadbeats".

They got health insurance at the expense of my kids college fund and my retirement.  Insurance for my family of four doubled to a cost that is above my house payment.  Yeah, I'm a little bitter.
View Quote
What?  Just because you like being bent over a barrel doesn't mean I don't take care of my family.

I am still not complying, I pay cash for my healthcare, and I have yet to pay the fine.  If you assholes didn't buy into it in the first place it would already be dead, but you limp dicked, sorry excuse of Americans bent right over, took it in the ass, and paid a premium for it.  Fuck off, and have a shitty day.

Bitter.  Lol.  Shut up and comply like a good little serf.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:22:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I wonder how much higher my premiums are going to go

Previous plan was a co pay plan, that was $800 a month but went up to $1100 so I just bought the $16,000 family deductible plan, and that was $790 a month for this year.

I have a feeling my current plan is going over $1000 next year
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:25:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:28:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It makes sense to have a penalty for going uninsured. You can't have people break their leg and on the way to the hospital sign up for insurance and then drop the insurance once they are healed.
View Quote
No, no it doesn't.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:29:06 AM EDT
[#7]

New orders.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:41:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The government needs to get the fuck out of our lives
The government should do something.

Lol
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:55:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I wonder how many of those so called "20+ million uninsured by 2026" are young people who only had insurance because they were forced to?

Come on 'tards, can you PLEASE STOP FUCKING LYING JUST ONCE!!??

(I realize that is the dumbest request I have EVER made.)
View Quote
To be honest, I would rather they just stopped breathing and polluting my air. 
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:59:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Previous plan was a co pay plan, that was $800 a month but went up to $1100 so I just bought the $16,000 family deductible plan, and that was $790 a month for this year.

View Quote
Holy shit
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:06:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Holy shit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy shit
Yeah it sort of sucks. Ever since I have been buying my own health insurance roughly 2012, I have seen every year about a 15-20% increase in premiums on identical plans.

At this current rate, I fully expect to pay $2000 a month for a catastrophic policy in 3-4 years at the current rate.

I have to laugh at that.

Think about it. early 30s, no health issues that would cause me to go to the hospital and use up resources. Yet, I have to pay more for health insurance, than I do for my house note including escrow.

I guess what really pisses me off is that all of that money going towards somthing that I may or may not use. It's really a fucking scam.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:07:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Headlines should be, "Working families will no longer pay insurance costs for 23 million deadbeats".

They got health insurance at the expense of my kids college fund and my retirement.  Insurance for my family of four doubled to a cost that is above my house payment.  Yeah, I'm a little bitter.
View Quote
^this. 
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:11:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yeah it sort of sucks. Ever since I have been buying my own health insurance roughly 2012, I have seen every year about a 15-20% increase in premiums on identical plans.

At this current rate, I fully expect to pay $2000 a month for a catastrophic policy in 3-4 years at the current rate.

I have to laugh at that.

Think about it. early 30s, no health issues that would cause me to go to the hospital and use up resources. Yet, I have to pay more for health insurance, than I do for my house note including escrow.

I guess what really pisses me off is that all of that money going towards somthing that I may or may not use. It's really a fucking scam.
View Quote
I had someone tell me that Obamacare "slowed premium increases" and so therefore I should be thankful to pay the premiums I have.

I'm currently paying about $850/mo. Mortgage only a couple hundred more.

We recently got our bill back from the hospital for our daughters birth and insurance basically paid for nothing. Hospital was in their network  and a preferred provider. 11 grand. What am I paying for ? I have
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:15:28 AM EDT
[#14]
surprised more people aren't turning to the free market and opting into religious based health share plans like liberty instead of paying stupid crazy premiums with high deductibles.

Free market for the win.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:15:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I had someone tell me that Obamacare "slowed premium increases" and so therefore I should be thankful to pay the premiums I have.

We recently got our bill back from the hospital for our daughters birth and insurance basically paid for nothing. Hospital was in their network  and a preferred provider. 11 grand. What am I paying for ? I have
View Quote

You're paying for nothing.

Think  those I insurance fucks are paying out for the fsa? Fuck no . That's what Medicaid is for.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:16:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Trump promised no one would lose coverage, he wouldn't make cuts to medicaid, we would have insurance for everybody, and premiums and deductibles would go down. Hmmm
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:17:56 AM EDT
[#17]
OP is fake news.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:20:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Main thing they need to do is get rid of the individual mandate. Make up as big of a bill of goods as you like, if I'm not required to buy it it I damn sure won't. No coverage for pre existing conditions, penalties for time un insured pretty much makes insurance useless. If it's useless I need the ability to leave it on the table and look elsewhere. It will fix itself if we don't have to buy it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:31:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Of the "22 million" that will lose their health insurance - how many will it be because they chose to not have health insurance? 20 million?

View Quote
A few. Most are folks on Medicaid.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:34:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I have to laugh at that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy shit

I have to laugh at that.

Yet most insurers are still loosing money on these blocks. The scam is pre-ex. Folks who know they have had hundred thousand dollar conditions steal from everyone else. The Iowa hemophilia case is finally making that mainstream.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:36:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Think  those I insurance fucks are paying out for the fsa? Fuck no . That's what Medicaid is for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You would be wrong.

^ one of those insurance fucks
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:37:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Why the fuck can we not just remove the whole fucking pile of dogshit that is Obamacare and go back to what we had in place 7-8 years ago?  

Not saying that the numbers or any of the shit posted in the OP is true, but why the fuck do we have to "replace" it with something else?  
View Quote
we don't
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:38:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Main thing they need to do is get rid of the individual mandate. Make up as big of a bill of goods as you like, if I'm not required to buy it it I damn sure won't. No coverage for pre existing conditions, penalties for time un insured pretty much makes insurance useless. If it's useless I need the ability to leave it on the table and look elsewhere. It will fix itself if we don't have to buy it.
View Quote
Your tax dollars are still being used to subsidize insurance and expand Medicare for those who do sign up.

Welfare is a poison being purposefully administered to the public in ever-increasing doses.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:42:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You would be wrong.

View Quote
Lol. Only after people pay their 6000-10000 deductible .
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:44:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Buzzfeed and NBC

View Quote
First thing I saw too.

"I'm getting my news from Liberals/Marxists and I'm very concerned."

Yeah, if I believed what the Marxists said I'd be concerned too. Hey, maybe you'll get lucky and it won't pass and you can keep Obamacare because we all know that's a great success...

unless of course you have a job and your healthcare is not free. Then your rates doubled/tripled/quadrupled and your coverage is far worse than before ACA was passed. If you're actually one of the foolish employed taxpayers Obamacare hasn't exactly been a wet dream and any change, including no insurance at all, is a welcome one.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:46:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You would be wrong.

Some folks have much lower deductibles and out of pockets. Thank the lovely cost sharing reduction language.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:48:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Some folks have much lower deductibles and out of pockets. Thank the lovely cost sharing reduction language.
View Quote
I would imagine those are preferred citizens , not the slaves.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:48:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Problem is, they are trying to make Obamacare-lite...and it's not working.  Obamacare was a god damn train wreck from the get go...so why are they trying to base their new bill off of it?  

Here's the issue...people don't pay their bills.  It takes a lot of money to run medical hospitals and clinics.  It takes a lot of money to research medical advances.  

Human nature, especially in this consumer culture we have, people want as much as they can get for as little as they can get.  People don't want to pay for health insurance because they want that money to do other things.  Then when something happens, they gripe about not having the money to save their own lives.  Health insurance and healthcare in general is a major cultural issue.  People do not want to take the personal responsibility for their health.  They want the government to do it.  Worse yet, those that do get the insurance are getting screwed by the buttholes that don't have it.  

Expand medicaid.  Payroll tax deduction.  You work, you pay into it, you are insured.  You want something beyond basic medicaid, you purchase a plan for it.  

Everyone pays to get the hamburger.  You want the cheese, bacon, and fries?  You pay.  They are trying to create a one-size fits all program when the end result is anything but.  I as a male should not have to pay for a plan that offers me a gyno visit.  

For those extra plans that go beyond the basic medicaid, let insurance companies compete over state lines.  You get welfare?  A chuck of that goes to medicaid.  

We all want government out of healthcare and to be honest, that's the best available option but it's the least likely to occur and deep down we all know that.  We need to start coming up with realistic solutions.  Us saying "get the government out of healthcare" is as dumb as DU crying for single payer. 
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:48:57 AM EDT
[#29]
They're not fucking up by accident anymore than Obama did. The desired outcome on both sides is Single Payer, but we have to continue down the path to completely fucking up the current system before that will be excepted by what will be an exhausted electorate. This is just another step down that road.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:49:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I have to laugh at that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy shit

I have to laugh at that.

With that money you could be investing it and be a millionaire at retirement. Have you done the math to see if you might come out ahead working for a company instead of self?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:51:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Why the fuck can we not just remove the whole fucking pile of dogshit that is Obamacare and go back to what we had in place 7-8 years ago?  

Not saying that the numbers or any of the shit posted in the OP is true, but why the fuck do we have to "replace" it with something else?  
View Quote
Trump isn't a true conservative. I love lots of things about the guy, but he has always supported healthcare for all.

I'm with you, roll it back to the way it was in 2013.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:57:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It makes sense to have a penalty for going uninsured. You can't have people break their leg and on the way to the hospital sign up for insurance and then drop the insurance once they are healed.
Insurance is for unexpected things. You can't get coverage once the house is on fire. Not even you, Mr. Snowflake.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:00:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Trump isn't a true conservative. I love lots of things about the guy, but he has always supported healthcare for all.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Going back won't solve anything. All of these bills are theater as no one wants to address the real problem of cost. Until you address the billing side of things, premiums aren't coming down like you hope.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:01:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Problem is, they are trying to make Obamacare-lite...and it's not working.  Obamacare was a god damn train wreck from the get go...so why are they trying to base their new bill off of it?  

Here's the issue...people don't pay their bills.  It takes a lot of money to run medical hospitals and clinics.  It takes a lot of money to research medical advances.  

Human nature, especially in this consumer culture we have, people want as much as they can get for as little as they can get.  People don't want to pay for health insurance because they want that money to do other things.  Then when something happens, they gripe about not having the money to save their own lives.  Health insurance and healthcare in general is a major cultural issue.  People do not want to take the personal responsibility for their health.  They want the government to do it.  Worse yet, those that do get the insurance are getting screwed by the buttholes that don't have it.  

Expand medicaid.  Payroll tax deduction.  You work, you pay into it, you are insured.  You want something beyond basic medicaid, you purchase a plan for it.  

Everyone pays to get the hamburger.  You want the cheese, bacon, and fries?  You pay.  They are trying to create a one-size fits all program when the end result is anything but.  I as a male should not have to pay for a plan that offers me a gyno visit.  

For those extra plans that go beyond the basic medicaid, let insurance companies compete over state lines.  You get welfare?  A chuck of that goes to medicaid.  

We all want government out of healthcare and to be honest, that's the best available option but it's the least likely to occur and deep down we all know that.  We need to start coming up with realistic solutions.  Us saying "get the government out of healthcare" is as dumb as DU crying for single payer. 
View Quote
Tell me how I am screwing you?  You screwed yourself by opting in.

I pay cash for appointments, cash for medications as needed, cash for child births (going on my 3rd now), and have saved 10's of thousands of dollars in doing it my way versus subsidizing fatasses with diabetes and people with shit genetics.

You idiots are the ones that fucked the country by putting your money into the system in the first place.  You will also be the first ones in line to turn your guns in when that day comes.  May your chains rest lightly, homie.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:08:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Insurance is for unexpected things. You can't get coverage once the house is on fire. Not even you, Mr. Snowflake.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought we liked Darwin?  Or do we only like Darwin when it's someone elses misery?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:11:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I am 62 and retired, don't have employer sponsored health care. My income is about $5,000 over the amount to get any aid. I pay Blue Cross & Blue Shield $16,000 a year for just me, out of my pocket, with a $5,000 deductible. 
View Quote
and there you have one example of the whole issue.

say this in every one of this 'fix obamacare/repeal obomacare' threads.

the cost is the issue. 17+% GDP. that is not going away, someone(s) will pay. the entire dance is around who will pay, because someone(s) will. obama laid a heavy burden on the self employed (mostly white) middle class with the 'its-not-a-tax' thing. the poor dont pay, the rich can afford it,  no matter the cost.

mark my words, obamacare will remain mostly/totally intact until its replaced by single payer.

healthcare is not something that will work as a free-market system. it might have years ago, but that horse left the barn a long time ago.

in the republican congress, you have two main issues that will always garner enough votes to sink any legislation that attempts to 'fix' obamacare. one is the removal of preexisting conditions, the other is the complete repeal of obamacare. some congress critters will accept nothing but complete repeal, and some will never accept a bill that removes or cripples preexisting. those two issues will provide enough votes to prevent passage.

government already pays for over 50 percent of all healthcare. its relatively simple to put the rest of the population on the same plan. it exists, simply give everyone a medicare/medicaid card and be done. costs will then be 'controlled' by the government via rationing. currently there is no way to control the economics of medical care because it doesnt function as a free-market mechanism and the government doesnt set all medical care costs. so the costs will continue to increase and folks will continue to squeal until everyone throws in the towel and healthcare takes the same course as national defense. additional taxes will most likely be added to everyone's tax bill. most likely it will couched in terms not dissimilar to 'social security' in that the government provides for the retirement of old folks, now they will provide for the medical care of everyone.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:17:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I don't understand why we simply cant:

1.  Repeal Obamacare completely
  2. Allow Insurance Companies to sell Insurance across State Lines.
View Quote
first thing 90% of government employees starting with the politicians need to be shit canned
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:19:42 PM EDT
[#38]
None of this does anything to fix healthcare in the US.

1.)  Allow insurance companies to sell across state lines.
2.)  Allow the sale of catastrophic health care plans.
3.)  Allow the importation of drugs produced by domestic drug companies
4.)  Require that all medical service prices be posted and that no one can be charged a different price based on their affiliation with any external organization.
5.)  Prosecute all instances of price collusion and anti-competitive behaviors by health care providers.
6.)  Prosecute any medical related fraud, e.g. $1000 drive by consultations without the permission of the patient.
7.)  Stop the artificial restriction of healthcare training (e.g. Medical Schools etc.)  

Would be a good start.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:21:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
first thing 90% of government employees starting with the politicians need to be shit canned
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't understand why we simply cant:

1.  Repeal Obamacare completely
  2. Allow Insurance Companies to sell Insurance across State Lines.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:26:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I pay cash for appointments, cash for medications as needed, cash for child births (going on my 3rd now), and have saved 10's of thousands of dollars in doing it my way versus subsidizing fatasses with diabetes and people with shit genetics.

You idiots are the ones that fucked the country by putting your money into the system in the first place.  You will also be the first ones in line to turn your guns in when that day comes.  May your chains rest lightly, homie.
View Quote
you are commended for paying cash. here is an example that throws that out the door. you are a relatively young couple, you save, you dont carry credit card debt, you buy used cars, you dont eat out, you save as much as you can. then your wife gets pregnant, you have a premature baby that has medical issues that costs 100,000$. or your wife gets cancer and needs expensive care, our you are injured in a car wreck by an uninsured illegal alien and whatever insurance you have runs out after the first 100k. these are all realistic scenarios. and few folks in the middle class have enough 'cash' to cover such events.

life throws even the best folks curve balls, even if they arent fatasses and have good genetics. fortunately (or unfortunately in an ironic way) medical care has reached a point where it can have dramatic impacts on peoples lives, but at extraordinary costs.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:26:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have to laugh at that.

They are full of shit.

The only person that the ACA helped was the person who didn't make shit and didn't have employer sponsored coverage.

If you weren't getting the subsidy from the ACA then you were paying MORE than before, period.

The ACA fucked the middle class so hard it's not even funny. I am seriously fed up with poor people at this point.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
surprised more people aren't turning to the free market and opting into religious based health share plans like liberty instead of paying stupid crazy premiums with high deductibles.

Free market for the win.
View Quote
Sure. find me one where my doc isn't 4 hours away.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:28:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All is fine and dandy until you become one of the $100k cases I see. Sure, it's low probability but the risk still exists.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:28:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So a lot of folks on medicaid are going to lose their coverage?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:30:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Yet most insurers are still loosing money on these blocks. The scam is pre-ex. Folks who know they have had hundred thousand dollar conditions steal from everyone else. The Iowa hemophilia case is finally making that mainstream.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy shit

I have to laugh at that.

Yep...damn right.

In Louisiana we had a program in place for preexisting coverage. It worked fine and poor people or those with pre existing could go to the Charity Hospital system. It was great....ACA fucked all that up.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:31:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Healthcare isn't a right. Get your grubby fucking hands out of my pockets.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:34:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CBO estimates 15 million losing coverage would be Medicaid enrollees.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
With that money you could be investing it and be a millionaire at retirement. Have you done the math to see if you might come out ahead working for a company instead of self?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy shit

I have to laugh at that.

My field is weird. You may be a w2, but you are treated like a contractor everywhere you go.

So, I really doubt I'd save anything on health insurance.

Now, I could maybe join up with another group and get on their group plan. That's if they would let me  join.

I'm not greedy, If I could find a firm that would let me do my thing. Just pay me what I want and pay my health insurance, I'd be the most loyal employee ever.

I am seriously thinking about going back to school to get my PhD and just buying the insurance the University offers for cheap. You have to be smart to get a phd though.

To run the numbers, lets say that I saved $1000 a month in my retirement vs paying health insurance. @8% that's 1,500,000 in 30 years. I wouldn't even be 65 for full retirement yet.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:37:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, 15million are going to get off exchange plans and then enroll into medicaid?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:42:36 PM EDT
[#50]
You want to know why healthcare is so damn expensive?  We have multiple cases like this. Lots of folks have feels and think they are entitled to lifesaving care for perpetuity. In the article, a mother is quoted who has a mild form is hemophelia and her 2 sons have severe forms. Each son costs $700k a year to keep alive. Where is all that money coming from?  You and me, of course.

As a father, I am empathize with her plight. As a math geek, I know this can't continue forever.

$1 million per month illness
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top