User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 6/26/2017 11:07:09 PM EDT
so much better than ocare...

22 million more uninsured by 2026

15 million more uninsured by next year

4 million will lose employer provided plans next year

according to CBP score Premiums for a 64-year old with middle income go from $6,800 under ACA to $20,500 under BCRA

Without factoring in subsidies to buy insurance, the bill initially raises premiums, but eventually reduces them by 30% on average compared to current law in 2020. This is mainly because the insurance will come with higher out-of-pocket costs and less comprehensive coverage.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:13:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Buzzfeed and NBC

Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:15:54 PM EDT
[#2]
DOA, we are stuck with Øbamadon'tcare.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:17:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buzzfeed and NBC

View Quote
anything I dont like is fake news
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:20:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Honestly I think this will still pass. McConnell wouldn't be bringing this down if he didn't think he had the votes, but this is worse than ocare.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:20:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

anything I dont like is fake news
View Quote
Ain't nobody got time fo dat.  And that bill doesn't put out the numbers Buzzfeed and NBC did.  

Not saying it's a good bill but I'm not taking my facts from those sources.

~ why the quick edit?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:29:51 PM EDT
[#7]
It makes sense to have a penalty for going uninsured. You can't have people break their leg and on the way to the hospital sign up for insurance and then drop the insurance once they are healed.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:36:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Why the fuck can we not just remove the whole fucking pile of dogshit that is Obamacare and go back to what we had in place 7-8 years ago?  

Not saying that the numbers or any of the shit posted in the OP is true, but why the fuck do we have to "replace" it with something else?  
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:41:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It makes sense to have a penalty for going uninsured. You can't have people break their leg and on the way to the hospital sign up for insurance and then drop the insurance once they are healed.
View Quote
In the thread title it says if uninsured for 63 days you must wait 6 months. Not 61, or 60, or 65 days. What's the magic behind 63 days???
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:43:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Why the fuck can we not just remove the whole fucking pile of dogshit that is Obamacare and go back to what we had in place 7-8 years ago?  

Not saying that the numbers or any of the shit posted in the OP is true, but why the fuck do we have to "replace" it with something else?  
View Quote
Too many children died in hospital waiting rooms trying to get the care they deserved.

Listen, you can keep your health plan if you like it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:43:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
People say that but its not how it works.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:45:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
That was the real evil of obamacare, getting the government into the business in the first place. It's never going away now and everything else is just haggling.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:46:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
That was the real evil of obamacare, getting the government into the business in the first place. It's never going away now and everything else is just haggling.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:46:51 PM EDT
[#14]
nevertrumper doing everything they can to make Trump look bad

and this isn't Trump that wrote the garbage, for that, you can thank the GOP.

but, given that before obamacare, if you had a pre-existing condition, it didn't get covered for 6-12 months as long as you had no reported incidences from this condition during that time (with some conditions having a lifetime exclusion of coverage), if you were getting a group plan from an employer

but then, it sounds like you never had to get insurance yourself, so you wouldn't know anything about that.

as to the number of people losing insurance, it isn't so much there are people losing insurance from the number currently insured now, but, there are people forced to buy the obamacare trash, who would drop it, if they did not have the requirement to have health insurance.

such as those that are young adults, who typically had bought catastrophic health care policies, or limited coverage policies, before obamacare.

but, then again, you probably don't know anything about that either.

and finally, the numbers of insured and uninsured are probably unknown, as the obama admin had people fudge and massage practically any statistic that had to do with his admin to make him look good. The truth is, a majority of people that gained insurance under obamacare, most likely got some form of medicaid.

for instance, this article in forbes details some of the problems, and also, for example, how the government made changes in how they counted the uninsured in 2013, such that you could not compare the number uninsured prior to 2013, to the numbers after 2013.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottgottlieb/2015/05/14/how-many-people-has-obamacare-really-insured/#7cc8370f788a

but keep nevertrumping there, your nevertrumping is going to really cause Trump to leave the presidency.....

in another 7 1/2 years....

edit - forgot to add that if you had a pre-existing condition and tried to get personal insurance, you might not be able to find any insurance company that would cover it, even with an exclusionary period, and an expensive premium to cover it.
even for something as simple as high blood pressure or diabetes
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:47:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
I wonder the same thing. It seems like premiums were somewhat affordable then and care was good, now we just keep going from bad to worse.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:47:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Republicans get money from the same insurance companies as democrats. They are going to duck it up even worse than Barry.

They could give fuckall about doing the right thing.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:48:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
This. The penalty is only for those who drop it voluntarily.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:48:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Concur.  If they want to allow cross state purchases or similar to promote competition,go for it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:50:43 PM EDT
[#19]
I'd take anything from CBO with a big grain of salt. They and the left like to bring up "22 million will be without health insurance in 2023". What they aren't telling you is that they wont' be covered by Obamacare. They might be covered by other insurance, or they might not get any insurance at all (young people).
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:50:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
nevertrumper doing everything they can to make Trump look bad

and this isn't Trump that wrote the garbage, for that, you can thank the GOP.

but, given that before obamacare, if you had a pre-existing condition, it didn't get covered for 6-12 months as long as you had no reported incidences from this condition during that time (with some conditions having a lifetime exclusion of coverage), if you were getting a group plan from an employer

but then, it sounds like you never had to get insurance yourself, so you wouldn't know anything about that.

as to the number of people losing insurance, it isn't so much there are people losing insurance from the number currently insured now, but, there are people forced to buy the obamacare trash, who would drop it, if they did not have the requirement to have health insurance.

such as those that are young adults, who typically had bought catastrophic health care policies, or limited coverage policies, before obamacare.

but, then again, you probably don't know anything about that either.

and finally, the numbers of insured and uninsured are probably unknown, as the obama admin had people fudge and massage practically any statistic that had to do with his admin to make him look good. The truth is, a majority of people that gained insurance under obamacare, most likely got some form of medicaid.

for instance, this article in forbes details some of the problems, and also, for example, how the government made changes in how they counted the uninsured in 2013, such that you could not compare the number uninsured prior to 2013, to the numbers after 2013.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottgottlieb/2015/05/14/how-many-people-has-obamacare-really-insured/#7cc8370f788a

but keep nevertrumping there, your nevertrumping is going to really cause Trump to leave the presidency.....

in another 7 1/2 years....
View Quote
Wait, are you saying articles from Buzzfeed and NBC might be misleading??  Hmmmmm
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:51:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Republicans get money from the same insurance companies as democrats. They are going to duck it up even worse than Barry.

View Quote
I suspect that's why they suddenly got shed of the buying across state lines thing......It's good to be a monopoly.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:52:06 PM EDT
[#22]
They will only be uninsured if they don't get a damn job and take care of their own families.  

Headlines should be, "Working families will no longer pay insurance costs for 23 million deadbeats".

They got health insurance at the expense of my kids college fund and my retirement.  Insurance for my family of four doubled to a cost that is above my house payment.  Yeah, I'm a little bitter.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:55:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

In the thread title it says if uninsured for 63 days you must wait 6 months. Not 61, or 60, or 65 days. What's the magic behind 63 days???
View Quote
Can't find it at the moment, but I thought there were already existing penalties when converting from a group plan and taking longer than 61 days.

edit: current 61 day limit I was thinking of is a late Medicare enrollment panalty.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:55:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Not saying that the numbers or any of the shit posted in the OP is true, but [/b]why the fuck do we have to "replace" it with something else?[/b]  
View Quote
Unfortunately, it's what trump ran on
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:56:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Your continual concern is noted OP.
Let's see what's actually in the entire bill before we begin weeping.

I guarantee you its better than " you have to pass it to see what's in it" and " if you like your doctor you can keep you doctor" from your party.

The elimination of monetary fines for those who choose not to buy health insurance is a big plus.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:07:20 AM EDT
[#26]
So wait, the millions and millions of people who are forced to buy health insurance under penalty of law currently may decide to not buy it in the future, causing millions and millions of people to be uninsured under the proposed bill that hasn't seen the light of day yet and is currently being voted on by the main stream media?

I'm shocked.  Literally.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:07:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Too many children died in hospital waiting rooms trying to get the care they deserved.

Listen, you can keep your health plan if you like it.
View Quote
Poor minority children aged 18-27 with gunshot wounds or OD you mean?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:11:18 AM EDT
[#28]
They had seven years to come up with a replacement plan to sell the American people. The GOP just sat on its ass and kept playing political fuck-fuck games with the White House.

I still think they never wanted the Republican candidate to win the White House. That way the GOPe could just keep banging the Obamacare drum and how they keep voting to repeal, but the Dem president keeps shooting it down and we'll just have to live with it. But Trump wins and now the GOP in Congress has to put their money where their mouths are and they don't have shit to send to Trump.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:15:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Unfortunately, it's what trump ran on
View Quote
actually, the system that existed before obamacare, no longer exist.

so if you repeal obamacare, you have to replace it with another regulatory system.

obamacare has made so many (bad) changes to the existing healthcare system, that no one bill will fix it, and it may take years to get back to anything even partially stable (as far as premiums and coverage) is concerned
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:17:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I suspect that's why they suddenly got shed of the buying across state lines thing......It's good to be a monopoly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yessir

They are giving taxpayer moneies to companies with Billions in profits in the form of subsidies.  I'm all for making money, but they should earn it, not buy politicians.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:18:09 AM EDT
[#31]
I am 62 and retired, don't have employer sponsored health care. My income is about $5,000 over the amount to get any aid. I pay Blue Cross & Blue Shield $16,000 a year for just me, out of my pocket, with a $5,000 deductible. 
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:39:44 AM EDT
[#32]
I just want my damn catastrophic care policy back.

My nonexistent vagina doesn't need annual checkups nor do I want to replace my dick and balls with a vagina.
I also do not need neo natal care or help with a heroin addiction.

I want what I had before. An affordable policy to cover me for the big things. Serious accident, cancer, etc. I can cover the little stuff by myself if I need to.

That was made "illegal" by Obamacare. A replacement compliant policy would cost me as much as the payments on a nice CPO Porsche. I do not have that kind of money.

The media like to crow about all the people that Obamacare has "saved". What about the people like me who were left uninsured by this clusterfuck?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 3:22:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Why can't people figure out that a large fraction of the national GOP is worthless and isn't looking out for anyone but themselves?

I mean, it's not like they go through all the hair shirt crap that the Dems do any time they're trying to convince one of their minority voting blocs that they give a shit about them.

Does this mean vote for lefties?  No, but we clearly need to figure out something different.   Trump was probably a good start.

Quoted:
There was a penalty for this - not being fucking insured, because the insurance companies wouldn't put up with that nonsense.  But no, now we all have to feel bad for people who would rather blow their money on smokes and beer  - or, if poor enough, who simply failed to sign the fuck up for .gov stuff they already qualified for in the first damn place.

I suppose if you're going to go through the motions of giving a fuck about prexisting conditions for people too lazy and stupid to act like adults, then a time-out after dropping coverage might work.

There comes a point where people start getting real tired of paying for other people's bullshit.  The main driving factor in obscene healthcare premiums is .gov bullshit demanded by people who want free shit.   All sorts of things start to look more attractive than just watching premiums go up 15-50% every year.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 3:23:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Only correct answer.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 3:33:39 AM EDT
[#35]
They don't want to replace it because they've made a lucrative career out of being in office for decades.   They'd rather watch everything crash and burn than do the right thing and risk re-election.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 4:59:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I am 62 and retired, don't have employer sponsored health care. My income is about $5,000 over the amount to get any aid. I pay Blue Cross & Blue Shield $16,000 a year for just me, out of my pocket, with a $5,000 deductible. 
View Quote
so will the new plan be better for you?

that cost is insane.  I don't understand why we are putting up with this shit.  It is criminal.  The whole system needs to be burned down and we start over.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 5:06:51 AM EDT
[#37]
The government needs to get out of healthcare completely.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 5:11:48 AM EDT
[#38]
I don't understand why we simply cant:

1.  Repeal Obamacare completely
  2. Allow Insurance Companies to sell Insurance across State Lines.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 5:34:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
How much will you be paying in three years?

I love the way they show the worst case numbers (64).  I feel for you though.  I slipped my retirement date to avoid the crunch.  After my accident, I can't afford to be without insurance or afford paying for it without a job.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 5:35:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I don't understand why we simply cant:

1.  Repeal Obamacare completely
  2. Allow Insurance Companies to sell Insurance across State Lines.
View Quote
3.  Address the factors that make medical care - not insurance - so outrageously expensive in the first place.

Seems it would also be worth investigating whether, rather than counting on "insurance" and the gamble that incoming premiums will outweigh outgoing payouts, perhaps some kind of low-interest loan program could be made available to those who actually end up needing the more expensive procedures.  I had a heart attack a few years ago, racked up $100K+ in medical bills.  I'd much rather be paying off a $100K loan than all the money I've spent over the years in premiums and deductibles.

Insurance is expensive because it tries to cover everybody, whether they actually end up needing it or not.  Paying for med care after-the-fact puts the onus of paying for it on those who actually use it, and would not only reduce expenses all around, but drive some real effort at reducing medical expenses and cut back on those $500 "my tummy hurts" emergency room visits.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 6:13:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
They will only be uninsured if they don't get a damn job and take care of their own families.  

Headlines should be, "Working families will no longer pay insurance costs for 23 million deadbeats".

They got health insurance at the expense of my kids college fund and my retirement.  Insurance for my family of four doubled to a cost that is above my house payment.  Yeah, I'm a little bitter.
View Quote
Me too  

I don't give a fuck about those that don't work
They are Fucking my insurance up
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 6:24:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Me too  

I don't give a fuck about those that don't work
They are Fucking my insurance up
View Quote
Actually the government and legislators are fucking your life and insurance up.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 6:42:07 AM EDT
[#43]
What if an insurance company willingly wants to provide you coverage and you willingly want to purchase it? Should these two people be able to contract without a violent third party forcing one or both to do something against their will?

Lots of free market folks around here...
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 6:45:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Honestly I think this will still pass. McConnell wouldn't be bringing this down if he didn't think he had the votes, but this is worse than ocare.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why, because old people who are much more likely to need health care services will have to pay more?

It's almost as if people don't like socialism anymore when they have to pay for it instead of being the free rider.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 6:48:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The government needs to get out of healthcare completely.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 6:51:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 6:56:07 AM EDT
[#47]
The government needs to get the fuck out of our lives
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:32:45 AM EDT
[#48]
I wonder how many of those so called "20+ million uninsured by 2026" are young people who only had insurance because they were forced to?

Come on 'tards, can you PLEASE STOP FUCKING LYING JUST ONCE!!??

(I realize that is the dumbest request I have EVER made.)
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:37:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Exactly, keeps them from gaming the system.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:10:47 AM EDT
[#50]
I swear they could fuck up a wet dream.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top