Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:47:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd like to see 3 more people appointed to SCOTUS who are of similar mind to Thomas and Gorsuch.

Those 2 Justices were both ready to hear Peruta.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 3:16:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thomas is easily the best Justice on the Court.  However, buck negros aren't known for their longevity.  He may want to retire during Trump's second term.
View Quote
 "buck negros"? The fuck is that??

I think Justice Thomas earned the right to be called a man.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 3:34:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I came to this thread and learned the term buck negro, something I've never heard before.

And I worked with a seventy-five-year-old security officer who referred to some kids playing basketball as "these colored kids" over the two-way radio for everyone to hear in 1997.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:01:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Roberts needs to go.  He is the next Kennedy.  He is not done screwing the court up.  He is a wasted appointment and a sorry justice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Slight hijack but can Trump make someone else Chief Justice and push Roberts sorry ass back to Associate? 
Roberts needs to go.  He is the next Kennedy.  He is not done screwing the court up.  He is a wasted appointment and a sorry justice.
this
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:09:17 AM EDT
[#5]
not yet.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:10:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If the only thing Trump were to do in his 4 years is to stack & pack the Supreme Court, he will have exceeded all my hopes & dreams to keep the Democrats from ruining this Great Country...
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:15:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Trump should officially declare that he will not be seeking a second term. Strictly for the purpose of encouraging RBG to retire.

Then he should announce that he was only joking after she is out.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:24:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Of all the justices on the USSC, C. Thomas is the one I respect the most.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:27:07 AM EDT
[#9]
nthony Kennedy7/23/1936
Served: 29 yr 4 mo
Clarence Thomas6/23/1948
Served: 25 yr 8 mo
Ruth Bader Ginsburg3/15/1933
Served: 23 yr 10 mo
Stephen Breyer8/15/1938
Served: 22 yr 10 mo

We got 3 judges 80 or close to it.

Trump is iable to replace all three of them, plus maybe Thomas, if he gets two terms.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:28:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Meh, he's go three to seven years before he needs to make that move.  Until then, he's a reliable conservative.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:30:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
OP, fail.   Thomas is only 69 years old.  
View Quote
The day after he and Gorsuch were the only justices who stood up for the 2nd? I can't help question the motives of any of the teeners.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:35:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Some of you are living in a fantasy land, Thomas is only 68.  You might as well ask Alito to retire too, he's 67.

And Roberts isn't going anywhere.

Unfortunately RGB will never voluntarily leave the court, not under any POTUS who's not a woman and certainly not under Trump.  Can she live another 6 years? Sure, that would only make her 90.  She's got far better healthcare than my Mom did, and Mom lived until 92.

Kennedy is 80 and Breyer is 78. It'd be nice to see both retire, but I doubt Breyer will retire while Trump is POTUS.
View Quote
Which is why I sure hope her medical situation is much more dire than we know about.  Her passing of natural causes would be good for the nation.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:35:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Clarence Thomas should be the last judge to retire you would be very hard press to find some one of caliber and even if you did they would not be approved.

Long live Clarence Thomas!
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:49:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Which is why I sure hope her medical situation is much more dire than we know about.  Her passing of natural causes would be good for the nation.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some of you are living in a fantasy land, Thomas is only 68.  You might as well ask Alito to retire too, he's 67.

And Roberts isn't going anywhere.

Unfortunately RGB will never voluntarily leave the court, not under any POTUS who's not a woman and certainly not under Trump.  Can she live another 6 years? Sure, that would only make her 90.  She's got far better healthcare than my Mom did, and Mom lived until 92.

Kennedy is 80 and Breyer is 78. It'd be nice to see both retire, but I doubt Breyer will retire while Trump is POTUS.
LOL she'll outlive all of us.  Check out her recent interviews, she is hale and hearty and sharp as a tack.  She has a personal trainer (a frigging Special Forces Reservist), a nutritionist, and just authored a workout book, Workout of the Original RBG.  To top it all off, she's had cancer twice and didn't miss a day of work.  Even undergoing chemo.

Bitch ain't goin' nowhere.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:50:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I hope he lives to be 100 and we get 7 more just like him.  He has really come into his own since he is out of Scalia'a shadow.  His defense of the constitution may be the strongest of any judge in living memory.  His decent of not taking the California carry ban was epic.

For those of us who work in marbled halls, guarded constantly by a vigilant and dedicated police force, the guarantees of the Second Amendment might seem antiquated and superfluous. But the framers made a clear choice: They reserved to all Americans the right to bear arms for self-defense. I do not think we should stand by idly while a state denies its citizens that right, particularly when their very lives may depend on it.”
View Quote
Fucking Awesome

I've been waiting for a presidential candidate to say something along those lines at a debate.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:03:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Thomas is easily the best Justice on the Court.  However, buck negros aren't known for their longevity.  He may want to retire during Trump's second term.
View Quote
Yes to Part One...

W.T.H. to Part Two...

Maybe to Part Three...

Again   WHAT THE BLUE FnCK to Part Two ?????

Clarence Thomas is one of the best Supreme Court Justices we have and that is your description of him?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:20:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
You'd best be glad I'm not a mod or staff.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:26:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yes to Part One...

W.T.H. to Part Two...

Maybe to Part Three...

Clarence Thomas is one of the best Supreme Court Justices we have and that is your description of him?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Yes to Part One...

W.T.H. to Part Two...

Maybe to Part Three...

Quoted:
Quoted:
From space I can hear the "REPORT" button being hit in righteous outrage!
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:35:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You realize that was MY WHOLE AND ENTIRE POINT.  THE GUY IS A WASTE.  

Obama needs to release the photos, file, whatever it is he has.  Send him home in shame.  Let Trump appoint a new chief justice and another real constitutionalist.
View Quote
Wasn't there some possible illegal stuff he did to adopt his kids?
I think he adopted his Irish kids through Honduras or something like that to get around Irish adoption law.
I thought it was kind of strange they adopted kids with blond hair and blue eyes from Latin country.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:36:30 AM EDT
[#20]
"buck negro"

just when you think you have seen every possible flavor of idiocy, GD steps up its game!
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:36:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
https://media.tenor.com/images/e321490421b9d60e01b93ee44e6f57f9/tenor.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes to Part One...

W.T.H. to Part Two...

Maybe to Part Three...

Quoted:
Quoted:
Hardly there Mrs. Kravitz.

Homie don't play that shit.

I've never used that button and won't even on this "person".

You fail.        
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:43:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Or better yet, Ruth Bader Ginsburg needs to stroke out ...
View Quote
so much this
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:45:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Ginsberg and Kennedy need to go before Thomas.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:45:11 AM EDT
[#24]
I loved his dissent yesterday.

Loved it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:47:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
He might only be 69, so how many remaining years does he have?  10?  maybe 15?

Replace him with a young conservative in his early to mid 40's and you have 30 to 40 years of coverage.

The appointed for life SCOTUS is such a stupid mistake, but it is one we have to live with.  A responsible judge would step aside to further their goals and ideals rather than slowly degenerate into a RBG.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:55:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Apparently this guy thinks that Black men such as Clarence Thomas are the equivalent of strong disobedient slaves who are sexually attracted to the white women and need to be immediately lynched to preserve American society.  

Last time I heard that word was in a book set in the 1920's-30's.  

Justice Thomas deserves way more respect than this.  It's not even about being PC, it's about basic respect...
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:55:31 AM EDT
[#27]
I'd rather he stuck around until FRBG and Kennedy are gone and replaced with worthy Justices first.  Bird in the hand and all that.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:05:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
No.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Slight hijack but can Trump make someone else Chief Justice and push Roberts sorry ass back to Associate? 
No.
That's a damned shame
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:06:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
LOL she'll outlive all of us.  Check out her recent interviews, she is hale and hearty and sharp as a tack.  She has a personal trainer (a frigging Special Forces Reservist), a nutritionist, and just authored a workout book, Workout of the Original RBG.  To top it all off, she's had cancer twice and didn't miss a day of work.  Even undergoing chemo.

View Quote
Maybe not, but i get to hope.......
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:08:47 AM EDT
[#30]
I'd rather that Thomas stay and Ginsberg, Breyer, Kennedy, Sotomayor, Kagan, and Roberts retire or resign, instead.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:09:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Apparently this guy thinks that Black men such as Clarence Thomas are the equivalent of strong disobedient slaves who are sexually attracted to the white women and need to be immediately lynched to preserve American society.  

Justice Thomas deserves way more respect than this.  It's not even about being PC, it's about basic respect...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL Don't get me wrong, it was a really bizarre comment; I didn't think we had 110 year old Kentucky Colonels on this board.  Shit, I didn't even know you could get wifi on the veranda whilst looking out at the young negro bucks working the plantation!
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:10:22 AM EDT
[#32]
I hope he stays and lives until he is in his nineties..........he is one of the best of all time IMHO.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:14:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
nthony Kennedy7/23/1936
Served: 29 yr 4 mo
Clarence Thomas6/23/1948
Served: 25 yr 8 mo
Ruth Bader Ginsburg3/15/1933
Served: 23 yr 10 mo
Stephen Breyer8/15/1938
Served: 22 yr 10 mo

We got 3 judges 80 or close to it.

Trump is iable to replace all three of them, plus maybe Thomas, if he gets two terms.
View Quote
Not necessarily, if the democrats win back majorities in the senate. Which very well can happen in the 2018 elections.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:15:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The day after he and Gorsuch were the only justices who stood up for the 2nd? I can't help question the motives of any of the teeners.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You mean the Never Trumpers - democrat operatives.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:24:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Naw, I'll speak how I want, but thanks for being the PC police.
View Quote
Whatever you say Colonel.  Can you get a good mint julep in CA?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:33:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Clarence Thomas is probably the best judge on the court.  

Maybe if he booked a vacation via Asia Air or something with RBG, then maybe.
View Quote

I heard he WANTS to retire though.

I do not want to see him go either, he is the  best Justice of my life time.

I would rather Trump replace him than a Democrat.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:51:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Replace him with a young conservative in his early to mid 40's and you have 30 to 40 years of coverage.

The appointed for life SCOTUS is such a stupid mistake, but it is one we have to live with.  A responsible judge would step aside to further their goals and ideals rather than slowly degenerate into a RBG.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As much as I like Judge Thomas, I'm inclined to see if it were possible to allow a younger 40's candidate who could continue to be effective for 30 years to come.

On "Planet Hammer", the SCOTUS would be a 30 year term, unless the individual requested to retire early.   Judges should be independent, but not kept on the bench for life...
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:13:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Thomas can stay as long as he likes. We need to get rid of some of the other clowns.

In the meantime, let's start packing the federal courts.  Trump needs to bring his lunch pail and start making federal appointments at a rapid pace.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:14:56 AM EDT
[#39]
So you want the most conservative and consistent judge on the court to resign.

Good thinking.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:18:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
As much as I like Judge Thomas, I'm inclined to see if it were possible to allow a younger 40's candidate who could continue to be effective for 30 years to come.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Justice if they are on SCOTUS or a state supreme court

On "Planet Hammer", the SCOTUS would be a 30 year term, unless the individual requested to retire early.   Judges should be independent, but not kept on the bench for life...
Make their term end at 25 years on SCOTUS or age 73, whichever comes first.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:21:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Thread title needs changing to "Ruth Bader Ginsberg needs to do the right thing and retire".  

I believe Trump could have someone talk with her and convince her it's time.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:22:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
  Well she is well rested

Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:34:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Justice Thomas-
If by the small chance you are reading this, please know that many here support you and clearly you know how to deal with those that are insensitive or otherwise unable to do the right thing.

OP: you need to change your thread title.  What Justice Thomas needs to do is encourage the President to pick more appointees that think like him and Justice Gorsuch.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:35:11 AM EDT
[#44]
"buck negro"

For real? I thought most of you models had died out by now.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:48:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Let him wait until a few more retire.

Thomas stepping down might make another more liberal justice hold on as long as they can... let him be the clincher play at the end of the game.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:50:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Oh, and I didn't know this guy was a member here.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:46:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I loved his dissent yesterday.

Loved it.
View Quote
Justice Thomas' dissent was the only thing that gives me any hope on the survival of the 2A.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:05:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So you want the most conservative and consistent judge on the court to resign.

Good thinking.
View Quote
As Roberts showed, nothing's a given.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Thomas is easily the best Justice on the Court.  However, Edited ~ medicmandan aren't known for their longevity.  He may want to retire during Trump's second term.
View Quote
Go back to stormfront you assburglaring twatwaffle.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:40:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Thomas is easily the best Justice on the Court.  However, Edited ~ medicmandan aren't known for their longevity.  He may want to retire during Trump's second term.
View Quote
Thomas is perhaps the best justice you'll see in your lifetime.  But, I imagine it's hard to realize it when you're balls deep in your cousin and "bucks" are on your mind.  Project much?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top