Page / 6
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:46:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Page 3 says you're next RBG

Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:46:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good point, maybe if we just start hanging people for being witches again we'll be back in the golden age in no time! 
View Quote
Yep!  Because that's what Gorsuch is for!

The way you tackled that straw man was totally epic.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:48:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I heard some liberal woman whining that he's the Third Horseman of the Apocalypse.....I guess he is for them.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:49:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
On Monday, Justice Neil Gorsuch revealed himself to be everything that liberals had most feared: pro-gun, pro–travel ban, anti-gay, anti–church/state separation. He is certainly more conservative than Justice Samuel Alito and possibly to the right of Justice Clarence Thomas. He is an uncompromising reactionary and an unmitigated disaster for the progressive constitutional project. And he will likely serve on the court for at least three more decades.

Although Gorsuch has barely been on the bench for two months, he has already had an opportunity to weigh in on some of the most pressing constitutional issues of our time. In each case, he has chosen the most conservative position. 

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/the_breakfast_table/features/2017/supreme_court_june_2017/neil_gorsuch_is_everything_liberals_feared_and_more.html
View Quote

2 or 3 more like him on SCOTUS would be epic.

Quoted:
Still.  Not.  Tired.  Of.  Winning.
View Quote
Worth repeating
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:00:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:08:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well, you are only 1 of 300 or so million other people who love to deny another group fundamental rights, so you are in good company! 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is clearly a matter of perception, IMO he's 100% not broken
Well, you are only 1 of 300 or so million other people who love to deny another group fundamental rights, so you are in good company! 
...So fundalmental it didn't exist for 99% for the country's history, and the underlying behavior was criminalized for 95% of that. Yet you're so shortsighted you're ok with letting 5 unelected bureaucrats suddenly find a right buried in an ancient legal document(that somehow everyone else had missed for a quarter millennia)and unilaterally impose a massive shift in social mores on the nation.

Obergefell was a travesty for objective law second only to RvW.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:09:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I think what they meant to say is that he isn't going to advocate giving out special carve out 'rights' to people who are LGBT, nor should he or any other SCJ.

To a liberal, this makes him anti gay because liberals are stupid.
View Quote
This. Because he isn't into creating special minorities with extra legal priveledge he's labeled an "anti".
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:12:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:13:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Come on Ginsburg!
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:19:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No, actually its more the opposite. They want the same right as you even though you eat vagina. 

You are referencing the very vocal very polarized 1% to justify completely denying a large majority of them the simple, simple right that you enjoy. Equal legal protections in marriage.
View Quote
What rights do they not have?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:48:25 AM EDT
[#12]
If Pres. Trump does get several more SC appointments (and it sure looks like he will) and succeeds in moving the court to a more originalist constitutional footing, I have no doubt that the next time the democrats have the senate and presidency they will try to pack the court as FDR threatened to do, and add enough justices to dilute the conservative majority.

It's all about power with the left.

The only way to prevent it is with a constitutional amendment setting the Supreme Court to nine justices.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:01:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:05:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

what has gorsuch done to homosexuals?

tell me what he has done. 
View Quote
Ha! Nothing....yet.

Am I to assume you will support Democrats in the future, because they havent banned guns, only the previous Democrats have?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:05:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:07:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Are you speaking of the "fundamental right" to Other People's Stuff?   Like Healthcare, Income, etc.?
View Quote
No, try Equal protection under the Law. You know, stuff that even in the 1860s people could agree on but for some reason some arfcommers want to deny / ignore. 
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:12:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:12:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

...So fundalmental it didn't exist for 99% for the country's history, and the underlying behavior was criminalized for 95% of that. Yet you're so shortsighted you're ok with letting 5 unelected bureaucrats suddenly find a right buried in an ancient legal document(that somehow everyone else had missed for a quarter millennia)and unilaterally impose a massive shift in social mores on the nation.

View Quote
Short sighted....Because letting 2 people of the same sex get married is surely the downfall of society. 

Yep, I totally see where you are coming from. Obergefell is definitely the rock on which the crumbling of society sits. Its too bad America isnt founded on the principles of equality and fair treatment, and more a shame its population is so supportive of discrimination. Keep fighting the good fight to keep those fucking gays oppressed. 
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:15:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, actually its more the opposite. They want the same right as you even though you eat vagina. 

You are referencing the very vocal very polarized 1% to justify completely denying a large majority of them the simple, simple right that you enjoy. Equal legal protections in marriage.
Currently nothing I'm aware thanks to some sound rulings in the very short past.

Hopefully though states wont waste time on unimportant things like....I dont know.....Immigration, gun rights, taxes, property rights.....And get back to trying to challenge something as important and devastating as gay marriage. Cause thats what matters, whether 2 people can get married.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:16:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'm afraid you will have to spell it out for me.

What right in particular (beyond 2nd Amendment and slavery) was freely practiced in 1860 and no longer allowed today?
View Quote
Equal protection under the law. Not a hard concept. Go research that one. Although today they have it better than in 1860.....But onyl as long as Republicans dont get the chance to change that.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:18:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:18:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Lets replace Ruthie now.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:20:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:25:47 AM EDT
[#24]
There is no place for Snowflake Justice on the bench.  I pray the Lord will make provisions to solidify the court for another generation.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:27:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The nevertrumpers owe the voters an apology...
View Quote
TPNI
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:32:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Do you realize how many cases that covers?   Which equal protection are you referring to?   The Slaughterhouse case?
View Quote
The equal protection as listed on something as basic as the declaration of independence..... All men are equal. You can argue scemantics all you want to justify unequal treatment. 
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:34:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Ha! Nothing....yet.

Am I to assume you will support Democrats in the future, because they havent banned guns, only the previous Democrats have?
View Quote
As far as I'm aware, Gorsuch has never expressed any anti-gay sentiments.

The SC serves a very important role, to make sure the legislative branch does not violate the constitution. It's also very important that Justices do not overstep that role.

It's not a Justice's job to use their authority to advance causes and agendas that they agree with. The legislative branch is there to represent ideological agendas and to try to influence the law to reflect people's views. The exclusive reason the Supreme Court exists is to ensure that they don't violate our founding documents while they do it.

So a Justice should rule on things based purely on whether or not it violates the constitution, regardless of their own views on the subject. Not influence law to reflect what they think it should be. That's not their job. That's Congress' job.

I agree with you that gay couples should be treated exactly the same as straight couples under the law in every conceivable way. But there is an appropriate path to advance such an agenda, and that path does not involve the Supreme Court.

Appologies if this response is a little long winded.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:35:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Lets replace Ruthie now.
View Quote
Yes!
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:39:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The equal protection as listed on something as basic as the declaration of independence..... All men are equal. You can argue scemantics all you want to justify unequal treatment. 
View Quote
Triggered and Emotional...

LOL!!!
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:41:32 AM EDT
[#30]
I want to see that empty bag of bones gone as much as everyone else does. However, I truly think that RBG will never step down. She is hanging on hard because she doesn't want the court to go ultra hardcore conservative.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:42:36 AM EDT
[#31]
holy shit, she's still doing that in 2017?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:46:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thomas Jefferson wrote the Virginia law mandating castration for faggots.

You're on the wrong side of history.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:52:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:58:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loving_v._Virginia#Decision

Acceptance of inter-racial marriage was around 17% at the time.

Something Southern Baptists also protested (inter-racial marriage, along with having to give up slavery, etc., etc., etc.)
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:00:13 AM EDT
[#35]
“I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and Constitutions. But laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors.” - Thomas Jefferson
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:03:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Something Southern Baptists also protested (inter-racial marriage, along with having to give up slavery, etc., etc., etc.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Slavery was abolished by the 12th 13th Amendment. Edited ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:05:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
“I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and Constitutions. But laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors.” - Thomas Jefferson
View Quote
Translation: "the law should be what FlyWire55 believes is right."
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:11:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Slavery was abolished by the 12th Amendment. Tell me, which amendment mandated all states to recognize Edited ~ medicmandan?
View Quote
Try again
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:12:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:16:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Try again
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Slavery was abolished by the 12th Amendment. Tell me, which amendment mandated all states to recognize Edited ~ medicmandan?
Try again
13th, FUCK
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:18:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Slavery was abolished by the 12th 13th Amendment. Tell me, which amendment mandated all states to recognizeEdited ~ medicmandan?
View Quote
What amendment mandated all states recognize race-mixers "marriage"? Try looking at the decision in Loving v. Virginia.

Why did "God" change his mind about this and slavery? Southern Baptists were founded in order to defend slavery.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:18:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The nevertrumpers owe the voters an apology...
View Quote
They (you know who) have been strangely absent from many of the recent Trump threads.

Hmmmm....have they seen the light or just snowflaking it?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:22:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Translation: "the law should be what FlyWire55 believes is right."
View Quote
Translation: You actually have to think about things yourself. Jefferson also had slaves (like it or not). This need to worship something/someone absolutely dogmatically (and putting one's fingers in their ears to criticism) is odd and troubling.

You actually need to think. Not just pass the buck unto someone else.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:23:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

"progress of the human mind"

FORWARD!

Debauchery!

PIZZA!!!

lol!
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:27:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What amendment mandated all states recognize race-mixers "marriage"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Slavery was abolished by the 12th 13th Amendment. Tell me, which amendment mandated all states to recognize fag "marriage"?
What amendment mandated all states recognize race-mixers "marriage"?
None. Liberal judicial activism started in earnest with the Warren Court of the 1950s and was the general modus operandi of the Court until the 80s when it started to be challenged by Originalist/textualist justices. Loving was decided in what, '67?  Some would argue that the 14th Amendment applies to interracial marriages.  And while I disagree, it's definitely a stronger argument than saying the 14th applies to homo "marriages." When the 14th was drafted interracial marriages were actually a thing and a topic of legal discourse. Granting "marriage" licenses to homos wasn't contemplated by the drafters of the 14th.

Why did "God" change his mind about this and slavery? Southern Baptists were founded in order to defend slavery.
You'll have to ask Him, and I'm not a Southern Baptist.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:29:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:29:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

"progress of the human mind"

FORWARD!

Debauchery!

PIZZA!!!

lol!
View Quote
This may come as a surprise to you, but slavery was pretty much widespread throughout the world. It was even permissible in the Bible.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:30:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Translation: You actually have to think about things yourself. Jefferson also had slaves (like it or not). This need to worship something/someone absolutely dogmatically (and putting one's fingers in their ears to criticism) is odd and troubling.

You actually need to think. Not just pass the buck unto someone else.
View Quote
As the Declaration of Independence was cited as a legal authority granting a "right" to homosexual "marriage," it's entirely appropriate to point out that the author of said Declaration thought homosexuals were criminals, and thus any reading of the Declaration that finds a modern conception of homosexual "rights" therein is an anachronism.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:31:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Constitution is a Living Document, just like the Bible.  It needs to change with the times, y'know.
View Quote
The Equal Protection clause didn't change, Due Process didn't change.

I'm glad we don't think slavery is permissible anymore, despite what the Bible says, too .......... and what Southern Baptists literally schism'ed over.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:32:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

None. Liberal judicial activism started in earnest with the Warren Court of the 1950s and was the general modus operandi of the Court until the 80s when it started to be challenged by Originalist/textualist justices. Loving was decided in what, '67?  Some would argue that the 14th Amendment applies to interracial marriages.  And while I disagree, it's definitely a stronger argument than saying the 14th applies to homo " marriages." When the 14th was drafted interracial marriages were actually a thong and a topic of legal discourse.
View Quote
Then why wasn't it [inter-racial marriage] granted right away?
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top