That's a Chopper.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
He had a Tommy gun in his pocket?
That's a Chopper.
I think the proper east coast pronunciation is "choppa".  
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:46:08 PM EDT
[#2]
One time a similar thing happened to me, but it was a Choppa.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:49:13 PM EDT
[#3]
One time while on A1A, it was Shay with a gauge and Vanilla with a nine.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:51:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Heater, rod, or piece all work for me.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:52:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Have we covered bang stick?

How about smoke wagon and did he "skin it"?

I was going to bring up hogleg but I was beaten to the post earlier. I feel shame. Off to the sin bin
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:52:59 PM EDT
[#6]
The closest thing l've ever seen was two weeks ago at our Monday bike night.

We have a raffle with decent gift cards and gag gifts.  One guy gets up to claim his prize and his shirt had come all untucked and riding up over his grip.  I think it was an od Glock.

No one said a word.  Except his wife must have.  Later he was all tucked back in tight again.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:56:59 PM EDT
[#7]
About 20 years ago I dropped it while in line at the bank
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:59:20 PM EDT
[#8]
More years ago than I care to remember I carried a BHP in a Bianchi shoulder holster, the vertical kind with the slit all the way down the front and the spring in it.  They worked great for revolvers, but sucked for autos.  One night I was shooting pool and my BHP came clattering out onto the pool table. Rather embarrassing, but what could I do do except pick it up, put it back, kind of rearrange the balls they way they were, and take my shot?

Also, had a similar thing happen in a shoe store with a small auto in a belt holster. This was much later than the first incident, I was married and the wife covered for me until I retrieved it and put it away.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:01:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I have had a friend drop a mag on a restaurant floor but every one was talking so loud no one noticed...
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:05:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Dropped trou to drop a Deuce, dropped a G23 on my bare big toe. Threw holster away.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:08:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

And that is why with pocket carry, nothing goes in that pocket except the gun. No spare change, lighter, keys, knife clipped to the pocket. That pocket is for the gun, and the gun only.
View Quote
Yep. Especially if one were "ridin' dirty" in less than friendly states. LCP slipped into a Desantis Nemesis, in a cargo pocket. *Very* discreet, not a whole lot of firepower, but still a little bit of "fuck you too" God forbid the need arises.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:09:57 AM EDT
[#12]
I went mountain biking one winter day, and at the trailhead were some guys I knew with their friends. I didn't know these trails very well so I asked if I could tag along. Since it was cold, I had a 9mm fs iwb with a spare mag owb covered by a long button down shirt (with the buttons undone). I started at the back of the group but moved up as the ride progressed because my skill level was above most of the group. About an hour in, I'm riding second wheel and we're tearing through this off camber twisty singletrack. I ducked under a cedar tree but my right hip tagged it hard and it ripped off the spare mag, kydex carrier and all. I didn't notice this at the time. We finish that section of trail and one of the guys behind me hands it to me and says, I saw you drop this. Then the ride leader pats my side before I can swat his hand away and says Yep, he's carrying a gun. 

Got made in the first hour on my first try carrying while riding.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:22:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I had two tickets to a Toby Keith concert. My girlfriend got called to work day of show for an emergency. So I asked at my work who wanted to go. Of course the shop idiot was only one without plans. A few hours later sitting in the bleachers next the guy surrounded by several thousand people I hear loud clanking as his Ruger P85 bounced off every metal support all the way to the ground. Luckily we live I a 100% gun friendly area and everybody around us laughed.
View Quote
That is hilarious and sad.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:29:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The term heater is acceptable, it's not like I said shotty
View Quote
I'm fine with heater.

Had a gun fall out of a shitty holster once and learned my lesson.  Glad it was a no harm done situation for you and him.

I'd invite the guy to the range.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:30:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I pocket carry a NAA 22mag that folds and the grip has a pocket clip on it.

My holster is one of those cardboard sleeves you put on your coffee at Starbucks.

It really keeps the gun from printing in dress pants.

True story.
View Quote
Well, that's just sad.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:54:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

And that is why with pocket carry, nothing goes in that pocket except the gun. No spare change, lighter, keys, knife clipped to the pocket. That pocket is for the gun, and the gun only.
View Quote
That's reason number 2.
Number one is so the thing doesn't get in the trigger guard and cause loud boomy noises and flash burns.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:03:21 AM EDT
[#17]
I call mine Roscoe
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:18:57 AM EDT
[#18]
About 20 years ago I had my Para P-14 stuffed down the small of my back while I sat in a wood chair at a restaurant. The wood chair was traditional early american style with wooden dowels for its backing. Later out in the parking lot and ready to get in my car, I grabbed the pistol out from under my shirt to find the thumb safety had pushed off while the magazine was also sliding out of the gun. Does that sort of qualify as stupid as a dumbass dropping his gun?  I don't carry that way any more. I had since also sanded that magazine button release to be flat and level with the frame so I don't unexpectedly end up with a 15 shot 1911 that will only fire off one shot!  (If I ever need more then 15 shots, I can still press that flat magazine release button easy with my thumb nail need be.)
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:23:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Dropped a mag at the dmv once. I don't think anyone even noticed
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:26:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So his rooty tooty point and shooty fell out of his pocket huh. What a rascal.
View Quote
Rost

Im looking at buying an Emm n P Boot in Common
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:29:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
About 20 years ago I had my Para P-14 stuffed down the small of my back while I sat in a wood chair at a restaurant. The wood chair was traditional early american style with wooden dowels for its backing. Later out in the parking lot and ready to get in my car, I grabbed the pistol out from under my shirt to find the thumb safety had pushed off while the magazine was also sliding out of the gun. Does that sort of qualify as stupid as a dumbass dropping his gun?  I don't carry that way any more. I had since also sanded that magazine button release to be flat and level with the frame so I don't unexpectedly end up with a 15 shot 1911 that will only fire off one shot!  (If I ever need more then 15 shots, I can still press that flat magazine release button easy with my thumb nail need be.)
View Quote
Filing the mag release button down?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:36:14 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm active duty in Europe. One of those who does long walks in the centre of town, carrying guns.

Anyway.

Busy (and I mean BUSY) shopping mall has an entry/exit leading into an underground corridor that goes to the subway. We patrol the corridor. The entry/exit has a security checkpoint due to some....unforseen circumstances, with a rent-a-cop checking bags. So there's a line of 50+ people leading out into the corridor. One of my collegues was walking in front of me, carrying his FN SCAR on the issued one point sling.

a yawn.

a snap.

a flurry of grabby hands and FUCKFUCKFUCK

a FN SCAR sliding clattering across the floor

I swear the world stopped turning, as *everyone* stopped whatever they were doing to stare at the gun laying on the floor...
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:09:44 AM EDT
[#23]
I was at an auction sitting behind a guy that was concealing a 1911 in his back.

You couldn't see the gun, but when he sat down it pressed a perfect imprint of it into his jacket.   When he stood up, the imprint was really obvious and people were point it out.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:17:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Walked into STL PD one day (downtown STL) circa 2007-2009 and observed a salty old detective with his snub revolver tucked in his belt in the small of his back.  No shit looked like Andy Sipowicz from NYPD Blue.  Bald caesar hair complete with mustache.  

Didn't drop it but......ah what the hell.  This actually has nothing to do with, or related to, OPs thread.  
View Quote
I think I feel what you're putting down.  Should've posted in "Missed Connections".
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:20:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
A guy I see in town, but don't know and I pull up to the post office at the same time and park next to each other. I get out of my truck first and he says, "Nice shirt". I'm wearing a black T with the large red letters H and K. He jumps out of his truck, and clackity clack; a G26 hits the asphalt. I say "Ooops", and we both look around. (SoCal)
View Quote
Yeah...CCW at the Post Office is a no-no in CA.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:56:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Yeah, I was that guy. I took my Para-Ordnance P13 to the pool at my apartment complex. It was late at night and I was going there to sit in the hot tub, so I figured I'd just leave it in the towel I had brought with me and leave it within arm's length, no problem. When I went to open the gate it became clear why so few people use a folded beach towel as a carry option, as the P13 fell to the ground. The funny thing was that the impact broke off the safety selector; it just cracked right in two. I sold it after that because I knew I'd never feel the same about it, and I sure wish I had it back now.
View Quote
You may be the only person in history who laments getting rid of a Para.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:00:41 AM EDT
[#27]
I wasn't there but a buddy of mine was out bowling one night and his Glock flew out and went tumbling down the lane. I would have loved to have seen that.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:11:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
When I first started  carrying my lcp  in a  uncle Mike's pocket holster  I took it out to pay for a  big mac
View Quote
thats called armed robbery 
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:14:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Was at the auto auction buying a vehicle for my son. As more people arrived the warehouse where they held the sale started to get warm. Guy two seats over takes off his windbreaker and a Ruger LCP kissed the concrete. I looked at it briefly, he picked it up and stuffed it in his pants pocket....nothing said.

The sales are cash or account, most of the smaller dealers pay cash. Don't blame the guy a bit for carrying a Gat.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:16:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

My holster is one of those cardboard sleeves you put on your coffee at Starbucks.

True story.
View Quote
This is a man who just doesn't give a fuck.

I like him.

No homo.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:20:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Had a guy come into an exam room open carrying a stainless ruger P series. I made him instantly and brushed it off immediately but could tell his family was uncomfortable with him carrying. Guy wasn't the quickest of cats if you catch my drift. I went on business as usual and didn't mention it. The para staff didn't even notice but I was sure they would freak out if they did. I was waiting for the "omg that psycho has a gun, I don't feel comfortable!" ect. FWIW I don't like the fact that clients can carry but I can't.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:20:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Meh.  The last church I went to regularly, a lot of folks carried.  Hell, the preacher got a little animated one Sunday and threw his hands up and there was a Roscoe (since we're using 1920s lingo) right on his hip.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:24:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Has anything like this happened to you? This was a definite first for me.
View Quote

Yeah, that's how my grandfather died.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:32:59 AM EDT
[#34]
I always pocket carry a BUG regardless of whether I'm carrying a larger pistol with me. One night I had joined some friends at a wings place and we were all sitting down at a high table. I was wearing looser shorts than usual and when I sat down I heard something under my chair that sounded EXACTLY like a Glock 42 hitting the floor 

I dove out of my chair and under the table, much to the amusement of my friends, and there was nothing there. Check my pocket, gun was still there. 

I still have no idea what that was. 
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:44:13 AM EDT
[#35]
I was in an outhouse once and my p64 slid out of the holster while I was dropping a deuce. Since then I have removed my heater and placed it safely in either my pack or held it while I drop trou just because I have nightmares of it going into the drink
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:45:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Somewhat related:

I have ALWAYS used the term "heater," for a handgun in my relationships.  Every girlfriend and now my wife has learned to refer to them as Heaters.

This is so that if we need to talk about them in public it won't catch the attention of bystanders.

For example,  "Did you bring a heater," doesn't perk up people's ears like "Did you bring a gun."

People unfamiliar with old gangster movies don't usually associate "heater" with "gun."
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:48:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:51:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I like "Rosco".
View Quote
Right up there with "leather piece".
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:52:48 AM EDT
[#39]
No but I made a guy at work once.  He was sitting in a mesh backed office chair and I could see the distinct outline of a grip printing through the mesh.  We ended up having regular range days and he got a foam backed office chair like mine
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:56:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Older guy (retired campus cop) at church dropped his walking in the door, laughed it off, old lady who saw it wasn't laughing.
Told a security guy, who told a (young and enthusiastic...) cop, who disarmed him and walked him out of the sanctuary from the front pew to the back in an arm bar at the end of service.

Young cop didn't know the guy, the rest of us were just like "oh, that's just Jimmy"
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:08:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

True story.
View Quote
One of these days you are going to ask for a refill on your coffee and wing Moesha. 
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:09:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The term heater is acceptable, it's not like I said shotty
View Quote
Maybe next time you tell the story (and you certainly will), you could replace heater with "gat".   You know, just to vary the presentation.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:14:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Dropped a mag at the dmv once. I don't think anyone even noticed
View Quote
Shield mag slid out of my cargo pocket at the theater the other day, it hit the floor when it was dead silent
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:29:18 AM EDT
[#44]
I dropped my truck G19 once in the driveway. Had my hands full and just tucked it under my elbow.....that didn't work. Of course this had to happen in from of the new GF's sister and brother in law. She started to give me shit about it but I said my house, my gun and my driveway.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:36:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

At Lowes earlier today, saw a county deputy with his wife. He doesn't know me, although we've interacted. Followed him for five minutes, finally noticed the bulge on his hip. Wonder if he noticed mine.
View Quote
That sounds lovely.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:36:40 AM EDT
[#46]
I bought myself an elpaso saddlery when I was stationed in Oki for my1911 back home. Fully engraved, it was a very nice looking holster and the thumb snap seemed to be very positive.

One day I was reaching for something on the bottom shelf at the local Walmart and it fell out. I caught it after it bounced and quickly reholstered. I was the only person in the isle thankfully.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:38:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
When I first started  carrying my lcp  in a  uncle Mike's pocket holster  I took it out to pay for a  big mac
View Quote
We prefer cash, sir, but if this is all you have ....... we'll need the spare mag too.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:46:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Older guy (retired campus cop) at church dropped his walking in the door, laughed it off, old lady who saw it wasn't laughing.
Told a security guy, who told a (young and enthusiastic...) cop, who disarmed him and walked him out of the sanctuary from the front pew to the back in an arm bar at the end of service.

Young cop didn't know the guy, the rest of us were just like "oh, that's just Jimmy"
View Quote
Why?  Is carrying in church illegal in SC or something?

If I went to a church that needed a "security guy", I'd better be allowed to carry too.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:12:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Made a guy going into a movie theater last summer, actually my daughter saw him first ( we as a family enjoy playing who's gotta gun). He had to been new as he could not stop adjusting and feeling for the gun. We all went our separate ways till after the movie I find myself behind him in line for a head call, he learned a very valuable lesson about ccw and button fly jeans that night. He undoes his belt and buttons and I'll be damned if the weight of the gun and spare mag didn't drag his pants all the way to the ground! The sight of him panicking while trying not to piss on himself or the guy next to him while trying to pull his pants up was priceless.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:21:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
When I was young I went mattress shopping with my parents one time. My dad laid down on one to try it out, and when he got up his Beretta 92F had fallen out of his Miami Classic shoulder holster
View Quote
This same thing almost happened to me last week
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top