Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/26/2017 9:52:55 PM EDT
Long story short, I greet and hold the door for folks at my church and we stay outside for 10 minutes after service starts to help seat any latecomers.

Anyway, I was talking with another guy, he was dressed casual with an untucked shirt and was messing with his belt before entering the building,

Clack! His heater hit the concrete.  I looked at it, he looked at me, I looked back at him etc.. sort of like the good the bad and the ugly. This went on for like 10 seconds.  It was pretty comical.

I shrugged and grinned at him and said you might wanna pick that up as I held the door for him..

Has anything like this happened to you? This was a definite first for me.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:54:53 PM EDT
[#1]
what caliber was said heater? Or was this an old man in Montana? 
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:56:34 PM EDT
[#2]
When I was young I went mattress shopping with my parents one time. My dad laid down on one to try it out, and when he got up his Beretta 92F had fallen out of his Miami Classic shoulder holster
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:56:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Is OP a gangster from the 30s?
Or was it a heater?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:58:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Never happened to me. 

I did "make" a guy picking pumpkins last fall, asked him how he liked his s&w shield.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:59:04 PM EDT
[#5]
The term heater is acceptable, it's not like I said shotty
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:59:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Or was it a heater?
https://image.sportsmansguide.com/adimgs/l/1/190785_ts.jpg
View Quote
LOL
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:00:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I like "Rosco".
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:02:36 PM EDT
[#8]
was it a jennings...

a gut buster

saturday night special

smith n wesson murder session
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:02:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I like "Rosco".
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:08:15 PM EDT
[#10]
When I was a wee young CHL holder, I had a p2000 in .40 with 3 spare mags mounted in upside down magazine holsters on my belt. They defied gravity with quite a bit of tension on the screws that help to keep the mags from flopping around.

I thought this was the best idea ever and had been practicing my reloads by tugging the mags downward off of my belt rigs. Felt right, seemed fast.

Was walking through Walmart when gravity got the best of a mag holster, a mag dropped, floor plate first to the floor. 12 rounds ejected from the magazine with a helluva ratchet sound.

Luckily there was only one person in the aisle. He asked about the noise and asked if those were bullets on the floor. Picked them up and bailed the hell out of there.

Decided that I should carry my magazine with floor plates facing upward. Now the only negative effect of gravity I experience is with my b-cup man tits.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:08:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Or was it a heater?
View Quote
I still use 2 of those in winter
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:11:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
When I was a wee young CHL holder, I had a p2000 in .40 with 3 spare mags mounted in upside down magazine holsters on my belt. They defied gravity with quite a bit of tension on the screws that help to keep the mags from flopping around.

I thought this was the best idea ever and had been practicing my reloads by tugging the mags downward off of my belt rigs. Felt right, seemed fast.

Was walking through Walmart when gravity got the best of a mag holster, a mag dropped, floor plate first to the floor. 12 rounds ejected from the magazine with a helluva ratchet sound.

Luckily there was only one person in the aisle. He asked about the noise and asked if those were bullets on the floor. Picked them up and bailed the hell out of there.

Decided that I should carry my magazine with floor plates facing upward. Now the only negative effect of gravity I experience is with my b-cup man tits.
View Quote
Bravo.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:13:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I like "Rosco".
View Quote
or piece or Mohaska
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:14:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Yep, when I first started CCW I had a cheap holster for my "heater" and it fell at my great aunt's house, I don't skimp on holsters anymore.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:14:41 PM EDT
[#15]
wasn't a notorious HiGlock40 Problem solver was it?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:19:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Local gas station chain (Sheetz) early one morning on my way to work.  Maybe 5 am.  I'm in there snagging a pack of gum and a few other things and waiting in line behind a guy who is in a pair of jeans, workboots, and a tank top.  He's a bigger guy in his late 40s (not fat, just built) and the entire time he's talking across the store to another guy whom he seems to know quite well.  He finally goes to pay and when he pulls money out of his right front pants pocket his Ruger LCP flies out with it and hits the floor sliding across it.  

There were maybe six people in the store at the time but no one even batted a eye.  He ran over, picked it up, and put it back in his pocket looking embarrassed as hell.  I just gave him a nod and went up to pay for my stuff.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:25:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Free ammo! Reminds me of my last trip to Vegas when I was going to load up some mags on the sly while other members of my party were at the rental car counter. I went to open the ammo box and the other end opened up by itself, the tray slid out and dumped 50 rounds of Federal HST all over the floor. I managed to pick up every last round.

I've never dropped a gat.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:28:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
pics?  LOL
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:29:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Edward G Robinson approves of heater, Gat or Roscoe
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:32:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Or was it a heater?
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:32:05 PM EDT
[#21]
He had a Tommy gun in his pocket?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:33:33 PM EDT
[#22]
I was helping an older trustee/usher take up the offering one Sunday morning. Right there in front of God and everybody else, my S&W model 12-3 fell out.
The pastor was all

The old trustee could not stop giggling... For days... Every time he thought of it, he would laugh...
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:35:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:37:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's a Chopper.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:40:42 PM EDT
[#25]
His rod...as in his rod and his staff.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:52:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Walked into STL PD one day (downtown STL) circa 2007-2009 and observed a salty old detective with his snub revolver tucked in his belt in the small of his back.  No shit looked like Andy Sipowicz from NYPD Blue.  Bald caesar hair complete with mustache.  

Didn't drop it but......ah what the hell.  This actually has nothing to do with, or related to, OPs thread.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:53:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
That's a Chopper.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's a Chopper.
Chopper is an AK.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:53:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Well, I guess you both know it is drop safe now. Mexican carry ftl.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:54:18 PM EDT
[#29]
When I first started  carrying my lcp  in a  uncle Mike's pocket holster  I took it out to pay for a  big mac
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:55:04 PM EDT
[#30]
I had a shitty iwb holster for my 1911, if I got my belt good and tight it was flexible enough to push the mag release in. Had the mag fall out a few times then got a better holster.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:56:34 PM EDT
[#31]
So his rooty tooty point and shooty fell out of his pocket huh. What a rascal.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:57:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
When I first started  carrying my lcp  in a  uncle Mike's pocket holster  I took it out to pay for a  big mac
View Quote
And that is why with pocket carry, nothing goes in that pocket except the gun. No spare change, lighter, keys, knife clipped to the pocket. That pocket is for the gun, and the gun only.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:00:42 PM EDT
[#33]
a guy i work with dropped his little colt .25auto at a gas station and it went off.... he doesnt carry it anymore.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:01:09 PM EDT
[#34]
I pocket carry a NAA 22mag that folds and the grip has a pocket clip on it.

My holster is one of those cardboard sleeves you put on your coffee at Starbucks.

It really keeps the gun from printing in dress pants.

True story.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:01:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I like "Rosco".
View Quote
I'm partial to burner, or maybe hogleg.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:11:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Or was it a heater?
View Quote
If he were from the 30s, it would be a "Roscoe".

ETA:
Shit! Beat by a bunch. Maybe I should read the thread before pulling the trigger on my heater.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:12:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Yeah, I was that guy. I took my Para-Ordnance P13 to the pool at my apartment complex. It was late at night and I was going there to sit in the hot tub, so I figured I'd just leave it in the towel I had brought with me and leave it within arm's length, no problem. When I went to open the gate it became clear why so few people use a folded beach towel as a carry option, as the P13 fell to the ground. The funny thing was that the impact broke off the safety selector; it just cracked right in two. I sold it after that because I knew I'd never feel the same about it, and I sure wish I had it back now.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:15:59 PM EDT
[#38]
At Lowes earlier today, saw a county deputy with his wife. He doesn't know me, although we've interacted. Followed him for five minutes, finally noticed the bulge on his hip. Wonder if he noticed mine.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:17:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Chopper is an AK.
View Quote
Actually, it goes by many names.... "Annihilator", "Chicago Typewriter", "Chicago Piano", "Chicago Style", "Chicago Organ Grinder", "Trench Broom", "Trench Sweeper", "The Chopper", and simply "The Thompson".
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:23:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Never had the heater come unholstered, but I did have my magazine release get bumped on the gun from a perfectly placed post in a metal chair.  This was at a restaurant's patio and the server handed me my loaded magazine.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:27:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Walked into STL PD one day (downtown STL) circa 2007-2009 and observed a salty old detective with his snub revolver tucked in his belt in the small of his back.  No shit looked like Andy Sipowicz from NYPD Blue.  Bald caesar hair complete with mustache.  

Didn't drop it but......ah what the hell.  This actually has nothing to do with, or related to, OPs thread.  
View Quote
I would never carry one in the small of my back. I know two cases of career ending injuries.

One slipped on ice and the other a knock down drag out fight. He ended on the ground on his back both severely cracked vertabra
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:28:13 PM EDT
[#42]
That's one hum dinger of a story there.  Guy sounds like a real firecracker.  He'd better be glad no coppers were around to see him drop the gat or he might of been heading to the big house.  Was he alone or did he have a dame with him?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:28:17 PM EDT
[#43]
A guy I see in town, but don't know and I pull up to the post office at the same time and park next to each other. I get out of my truck first and he says, "Nice shirt". I'm wearing a black T with the large red letters H and K. He jumps out of his truck, and clackity clack; a G26 hits the asphalt. I say "Ooops", and we both look around. (SoCal)
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:29:49 PM EDT
[#44]
I had two tickets to a Toby Keith concert. My girlfriend got called to work day of show for an emergency. So I asked at my work who wanted to go. Of course the shop idiot was only one without plans. A few hours later sitting in the bleachers next the guy surrounded by several thousand people I hear loud clanking as his Ruger P85 bounced off every metal support all the way to the ground. Luckily we live I a 100% gun friendly area and everybody around us laughed.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:35:40 PM EDT
[#45]
I like Iron...but now its Tupperware.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:40:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Or was it a heater?
View Quote

"Look Kirk, you got the heater..."
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:42:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Actually, it goes by many names.... "Annihilator", "Chicago Typewriter", "Chicago Piano", "Chicago Style", "Chicago Organ Grinder", "Trench Broom", "Trench Sweeper", "The Chopper", and simply "The Thompson".
View Quote
I'm merely going by the modern ghetto lingo of today, a "Chopper" is an AK, or any Tapco fucked SKS that a broke wanna be rapper has to look hard in his videos. Gotta have the babnana extendo clips though, or you know that fool is faking.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:42:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Or was it a heater?
I had one in the 70s as a scout.  One day l threw to the bottom of my sleeping bag for safe keeping.  It spotted into the low teens that night but l had an incredibly warm and comfy bag.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:43:45 PM EDT
[#49]
I was standing in the lobby of church after the service one Sunday, and a little kid holding his parent's hand turned suddenly and hit his head on the butt of my Wilson 1911.

Rubbing his head as he stared up at me: "Owwwww!"

Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:44:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Never in over 40 years of carrying.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top