User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 8:48:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh well, insurance isn't a right.
View Quote
But voting is, unfortunately, and every single person who loses Obamacare is going to walk through a mile of shit to vote. Democrats really played this one well.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 4:40:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Which is what needs to happen.

Make Darwin great again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that counting the tens of thousands it would kill?  
Wut?
The DNC is claiming that tens of thousands will die under the GOP plan.
Which is what needs to happen.

Make Darwin great again.
Our single biggest mistake as a species is denying that survival of the fittest is a real thing, and necessary if the species is to thrive.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 4:42:56 AM EDT
[#3]
A large number of people with "insurance" right now have a deductible that's so high they might as well not have insurance.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 4:51:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A large number of people with "insurance" right now have a deductible that's so high they might as well not have insurance.
View Quote
For most young healthy people a catastrophic policy should cover anything they need.  If they need a $1500 procedure they should pay for it like they would anything else.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 5:20:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
For most young healthy people a catastrophic policy should cover anything they need.  If they need a $1500 procedure they should pay for it like they would anything else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
$1500 is not a "high" deductible.

My family plan costs almost $1K/mo in premiums, with a $12K deductible.  Effectively I have to pay $24K out of pocket before I get any benefit from insurance, and even then they only pay 60%.

We don't go to the doctor unless is a life-threatening emergency.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 5:28:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

My family plan costs almost $1K/mo in premiums, with a $12K deductible.  Effectively I have to pay $24K out of pocket before I get any benefit from insurance, and even then they only pay 60%.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never said it was, a $10-20k deductible should be fine for young healthy adults.  An HSA in conjunction would be a good idea as well. You get cancer or have a major accident? You aren't automatically bankrupt.

ETA: my parents raised 8 kids with no fucking insurance, and no we never used Medicaid.  We payed cash for stiches and casts, and payed off our larger debts for long hospital stays, even if it was painful financially.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 6:01:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I never said it was, a $10-20k deductible should be fine for young healthy adults.  An HSA in conjunction would be a good idea as well. You get cancer or have a major accident? You aren't automatically bankrupt.

ETA: my parents raised 8 kids with no fucking insurance, and no we never used Medicaid.  We payed cash for stiches and casts, and payed off our larger debts for long hospital stays, even if it was painful financially.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed, for the most part.

HSA's sound great on paper, but too many are reluctant to put money into "just in case" things for them to really work, IMHO.  It's really just another form of insurance in the end, and this whole mess came about because most aren't smart enough to put money away - or in insurance premiums - if they're not forced to do it.  (and no, I'm not saying forcing them to do it is the answer)

I don't recall a lot of expensive medical treatment when I was growing up either, but I suspect part of that is because there was a day when you could actually afford to do it out of pocket.  That was before the day of $26 Advil tablets and $75 rolls of gauze.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 6:08:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Fucking healthcare isn't a god-damn right.  Shove that bill up their asses like they did to us.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:39:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
heard it from Bernie Sanders and Chuck Schumer so I know it's true
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:41:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Those are the same people who only have insurance because under Obamacare, there is a penalty/fine for NOT having it. Without that penalty, these people never would have signed up for the insurance they will "lose". So it's a bit like going back to square one.
View Quote
Yup, I'll bet that is the largest category of those who will be uninsured.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:49:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
I agree 100%

Neither is having your healthcare subsidized.

You have the right to walk into a hospital and not be turned away, but that is where it ends.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:55:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I agree 100%

You have the right to walk into a hospital and not be turned away, but that is where it ends.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I agree 100%

Bullshit.  You have the right to wander into a hospital ER and be triaged.  If your "ailment" is non-emergent you should be removed forcefully.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:11:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No.
But the chances of the health-care bill passing now just took a big nose dive.
View Quote

NO, lol.

Deficit reduction is a boom to conservatives and they know that most of the 26M is those that don't want insurance.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:17:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I wish they'd just either let Obamacare die, or repeal it.

Screw a bunch of replacing it.
View Quote
Why replace hussein-a-care with anything?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:55:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Why would I believe anything that the CBO says?
Or anyone else up there.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:29:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
No able-bodied adult's insurance should be subsidized, and I don't care how many that puts in the 'uninsured' category.  I've always paid for my own, and never had too much trouble doing it until I started having to pay for everybody else's too.
View Quote
THIS
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:38:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's only going to get worse under the new plan. The new plan will not lower deductibles, but will add back in lifetime maximums and allow shitty plans that don't cover anything. So pay about the same or more for worse coverage than ocare.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:41:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I agree 100%

View Quote
Everybody who pays for service at the hospitals is subsidizing the FSA who don't get turned away at the emergency room now and will never pay a penny of their bill. The abuse of the current system of not turning away anyone at the emergency room is rampant and causes lots of rural hospitals to end emergency services or close down altogether. The result is less access to emergency services and people dying because their distance to an emergency room is now double or triple what it would have been.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:44:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Before my country showed its ass and put that Muslim fuck in office ( twice for the love of God) I truely considered myself a good Christian. I man with passion and respect towards my fellow man. A man who raised his family with good Christian values and an attempt to walk the path that our lord showed us that was right and good...

...8 years later, Fuck the entire lot of them. Get a job, become a productive member of society or fuck off and die!
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:55:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Foxnews

DEVELOPING ... 
Senate Republicans’ health care bill would reduce the federal deficit and eventually lead to lower premiums, but would result in millions more Americans being uninsured a decade from now, according to a fresh analysis from Capitol Hill’s nonpartisan budget scorekeepers. 

Why 27 million are still uninsured - Bloomberg
View Quote

Since when is it the business of the CBO to tell us who is going to be insured and who isn't.

Screw the government bean counters. Their interest is in their own interest, not ours. Their numbers reflect what the government's cost is going to be, not what it is going to cost the average joe. Repeal the dumbass stupid law known as obamacare. Pass free market reforms(whatever that might be, it doesn't matter). Get the government out of our damn healthcare.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:00:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Pass free market reforms(whatever that might be, it doesn't matter). Get the government out of our damn healthcare.
View Quote
They added a provision to the new bill that says if you are uninsured for longer than 63 days you have to wait 6 months before buying insurance again. If I want to buy something available on the market and the government says I can't for an arbitrary period of time, how is that free market or better than ocare?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:05:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
CBO is talking 22,000,000 without insurance by 2026?
View Quote
According to the left there will be twice that many dead from it by then, so it's all good.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:09:40 AM EDT
[#23]
The Senate bill won't pass.  And it wouldn't lower the deficit anyway.  Nothing Congress does lowers the deficit.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:17:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Unless you work for a business with enough employees to comprise a separate group, our insurance system is truly fucked, and I don't see either version of this bill making it better.

I own my own business, and have been fortunate enough to bring in a top 1% income for many years.  As such, I'm not really even bitching about the costs of a private plan, which in my area have more than doubled for me since the beginning of Obamacare.  What I am bitching about is that my choices of different plans have practically evaporated over the same time period.  Essentially, in my area, the choices dwindled down to exactly one plan that offered any reasonable coverage regardless of cost.  One...  If that number dwindles further, I'm not really sure what to do.

The wife and I have seriously discussed her getting the stupid easiest, least stressful job she could find just to qualify us for insurance through an employer group.  This is very frustrating, as there is absolutely no other reason she would need to hold down a job and take time away from raising our children.

I fear this issue will be death of the Republican majority.  Whether we agree or not, I believe the majority of voting age Americans believe people are "entitled" to healthcare.  Putting a Republican stamp on a bill that further increases cost, and raises the number of uninsured citizens will not bode well for them.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:35:09 AM EDT
[#25]

So, an average of 11.4 million people are expected to be in Obamacare policies during 2017. Some 10.4 million people were enrolled as of June, the most recent figures available. The Obama administration is encouraging people to sign up to show Trump and Congressional Republicans how important Obamacare is to Americans.Dec 21, 2016
View Quote
22-27 million something is not adding up here. Because right now there are not even that many people on Obama care. So WTF are these numbers coming from. Also how many people are not on Obama care since only 11.4 million people are expected to be in Obamacare policies during 2017. Expected that's just a guess. They don't know for sure.

There is roughly 330 million people in the United States and only 11.4 million people are expected to be in Obamacare policies during 2017 and they are saying 22-27 million will not be on insurance under the new program.  Well how many will be on insurance under the new program lets be fair here. Will there be more than 11.4 million people that are expected to be on Obamacare ask the same questions

Why aren't these Senators looking at the same information I am, it's common sense thinking. The numbers are looking at from two different angles. One shows positive and one negative.  There are 11.4 million people on obama care hypothetically. Under the new insurance program would that number increase.

I've not heard this. Plus you can't subtract 22-27 million from 11.4 million someone lieing. These Senators that are against this based off of this report are Never Trumpers or are just plain stupid.  The current program is imploding.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:42:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
post above yours has link to a Bloomberg news article stating there are 27,000,000 uninsured right now under obamacare
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:39:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
THIS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No able-bodied adult's insurance should be subsidized, and I don't care how many that puts in the 'uninsured' category.  I've always paid for my own, and never had too much trouble doing it until I started having to pay for everybody else's too.
THIS
If you have employer provided insurance, you are subsidized.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:40:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
THIS
No it's not.  It's part of my compensation package.  In other words, I earned it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:41:33 AM EDT
[#29]
To maintain his campaign promise, Trump better veto it.

Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:41:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
They added a provision to the new bill that says if you are uninsured for longer than 63 days you have to wait 6 months before buying insurance again. If I want to buy something available on the market and the government says I can't for an arbitrary period of time, how is that free market or better than ocare?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Pass free market reforms(whatever that might be, it doesn't matter). Get the government out of our damn healthcare.
Free market would allow companies to underwrite, apply waiting periods, and rider policies. The government allowing 1 is more free market then outlawing them all. But your an expert on health insurance, amirite?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:42:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
No it's not.  It's part of my compensation package.  In other words, I earned it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
THIS
Wrong. Tax code provides a subsidy.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:50:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
THIS
Point taken.

They should do away with that too.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:58:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Point taken.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
THIS
Point taken.

On that note, yes, we take lower pay for the health insurance coverage. It is an earned benefit and not the same as the FSA who gets everything for nothing.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:09:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am conflicted on this

Most of the dead and dying would probably be FSA and Dems, so...
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:49:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
I make a good living and I've watched my employer provided insurance deductible increase over the past 6 years from about 1.5k / 2k to 8k.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:50:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
ok, how about having a kid?  How about ACL surgery?  

retarded argument there.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:52:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

retarded argument there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

retarded argument there.
Why should I pay for your kid or torn ACL?

retarded argument indeed
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:54:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

retarded argument indeed
View Quote
why have insurance then?  

If I pay for insurance premiums every month, why would I not expect to get help from my insurance when I run into a 20k + hospital bill?

Your argument makes sense if I was on medicaid.

blows my mind that hard working americans, like myself, have zero incentive to have children right now, meanwhile, poor / minority families are pretty much getting paid to crank fucking kids out.  Creates an evolving and never ending welfare burden on the working.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:55:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Fucking healthcare isn't a god-damn right.  Shove that bill up their asses like they did to us.
View Quote
The root of the problem is that a right used to be understood as something the government couldn't interfere in a person exercising, they were protections FROM the government. Now it has been redefined to something the government is supposed to provide.

That's the fundamental difference between the old rights and new "rights".
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:03:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Did you miss the statement "get the government out of our damn healthcare"? I agree with you. It is not free market.

Free market reforms are laws that do not coerce or prohibit people into/from buying insurance plans or choosing hospitals or doctors they deem to be fit for their ailment.

Edit: The reason why they added that provision to the law, to my knowledge, is because of the pre existing condition clause. Get rid of pre existing conditions and you can drop that added provision as well. It is a way to keep people from gaming the system.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:03:53 PM EDT
[#41]

Senate health care bill would lower deficit, increase number of uninsured, estimate says
View Quote
Compared to what? Before the ACA there were a lot of uninsured people, is this basically the start to a return to rolling that back? If 50% of people were uninsured and then the ACA gave coverage to 100% of the people, isn't the point of the rollback for people to lose coverage?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:08:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
why have insurance then?  

If I pay for insurance premiums every month, why would I not expect to get help from my insurance when I run into a 20k + hospital bill?

blows my mind that hard working americans, like myself, have zero incentive to have children right now, meanwhile, poor / minority families are pretty much getting paid to crank fucking kids out.  Creates an evolving and never ending welfare burden on the working.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

retarded argument indeed
why have insurance then?  

Catastrophic insurance should not be a CC for everyday bills

Get an HSA

Me paying for your baby is no different than you paying for some minority families kids
Both are wrong if .fed mandated
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:09:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

why have insurance then?  

View Quote
Insurance these days is a bit of misnomer...it isn't actually insurance when it pays for every minor or major injury or illness. When you pay premiums and use insurance for every doctor visit, it becomes a pre payment plan instead of insurance.

Should an ACL tear be covered under insurance? Well, I would argue no since it isn't life threatening and it can be done through same day/outpatient surgery centers.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:14:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The segment of a population that depends on other peoples money ( outside of Family ) will be the death of a nation, that segment continues to grow along with the size of the government it expects to support them,
it is simply not sustainable, never was sustainable.
View Quote
I overheard an argument yesterday... The person claimed that we needthe expansion of national healthcare because more than half of babies are born on medicaid.

That's true.

More than half of the current generation is being brought into the world on welfare.

That is fucking terrifying.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:19:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Great, people who cant afford something will finally not be breaking the law or incurring fines if they don't have it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:30:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Insurance these days is a bit of misnomer...it isn't actually insurance when it pays for every minor or major injury or illness. When you pay premiums and use insurance for every doctor visit, it becomes a pre payment plan instead of insurance.

Should an ACL tear be covered under insurance? Well, I would argue no since it isn't life threatening and it can be done through same day/outpatient surgery centers.
View Quote
I do see where you're coming from... but here's my perspective:

Last year, my wife had our first child and she was required to have a C-section.  Up to that point in the past 10 years, I hadn't used a penny of my insurance.   Totally healthy...  we walked out of the hospital with around a 15k bill which hurt alot.  Fast forward to this year, my deductible is 8k again, torn ACL... can't play sports / no hunting season / no hiking etc. Im totally out of pocket for it (10-12k).  Where has my 10 years of premiums gone?  It is a corrupt and un-just system and fucking pisses me off that Im paying for jobless slackers to literally have better insurance than my family and cannot get the help I need when the time arises.

Adding a decent sized co-pay to medicaid might be a start to eliminate the abuse or just abolish medicaid all together and work to reduce deductibles for those that actually contribute to their healthcare costs.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:34:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I overheard an argument yesterday... The person claimed that we needthe expansion of national healthcare because more than half of babies are born on medicaid.

That's true.

More than half of the current generation is being brought into the world on welfare.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The segment of a population that depends on other peoples money ( outside of Family ) will be the death of a nation, that segment continues to grow along with the size of the government it expects to support them,
it is simply not sustainable, never was sustainable.

That's true.

If I'm honest with myself, I think we're past the tipping point already. The most likely outcome is collapse, then the parasites will mostly die off organically, while taking a lot of the good people with them out of desperation. What's left will be a couple of hardened generations of good people and a small percentage of leeches who managed to slip through the cracks. Then society can rebuild.

There's no fixing this problem without millions of people dying in one way or another.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:34:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I agree. You can't trust the CBO figures.  There may have been a time in history that the CBO was impartial, that's no longer true.

I would bet that "22 million uninsured" figure is including illegals and college aged adults.  Illegals don't get insurance - that shit needs to stop now.  College aged adults generally don't need insurance.  Maybe colleges should provide health insurance to their students.
View Quote
College students are required to have it on many campuses, granted it is SUPER cheap though(since college students go to a Doc in the box for STD's, birth control, and asprin for hang overs, and generally are healthy), like 400 a semester back in 2000 when my campus required all full time students to show they had SOME form of insurance or buy theirs.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:38:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/06/26/pelosi-gop-heath-care-bill-hundreds-thousands-people-will-die-bill-passes/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/06/26/pelosi-gop-heath-care-bill-hundreds-thousands-people-will-die-bill-passes/
Better then the millions that will die under socialism.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:41:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
According to the left there will be twice that many dead from it by then, so it's all good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So since a larger percentage of old folks will die vs young folks you mean it will SAVE SOCIAL SECURITY, why does the left hate social security so much...
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top