Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 5:49:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yep, which I said earlier. There is no such thing as a "safe space/safe zone" anymore.

Public Transit, Bike Lanes, Uber, Cheap Cars, etc. have seen to that.

Now the Ghetto comes to you.

Unless you are more than a tank of gas away from a city over 100k you ain't in a Safe Zone (meaning somewhere in the Dakotas, Wyoming, Montana, or Idaho).

When I retire thats where I'm going, or deep in the hills and hollers of Tennessee, Kentucky, or West Virginia.
View Quote
Make sure your a tank of away from Huntington
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 5:52:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Used to go to NO all the time until the one time.

We were on Canal and me and my 4 other white buddies watched a dude park his car on Canal, run over to a bus stop and shoot a dude 3 times at the bus stop. He jumped back in his car and drove off. We got the plate number and description.

We went a few blocks and found some NOPD officers and told them we had info about the shooting.

"You boys should enjoy your stay and mind your own fucking business"

That was 2 days before Katrina hit
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 5:54:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Goddamn GD is getting racist.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 5:59:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yea, that's definitely what it is.

I mean every where that is majority black is a beacon of prosperity and safety. There is zero correlation between crime and racial break down of local populations.

I wonder where these knuckleheads come up with these racist ideas!

Well, beyond logic, reason, statistics, anecdotal experiences, natural understanding of the world around them, reality, etc.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 6:35:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 6:40:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Took way too long for a Derbyshire reference in this thread.

GD is slipping.
View Quote
I figured everyone was well versed in the Derb and Flaherty at this point.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 6:52:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:40:45 AM EDT
[#8]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitarian_Universalist_Association

The victims were in town for their religions annual Convention.
   Reading up on the faith it's pretty much a step above The Rainbow people.
Liberals cream of the crop of liberal cream of hope and change. God bless em.

I said earlier I thought the two groups had an previous interaction by the way they were robbed.
Notice on the video the sucker punch attacker doesn't search the victim. The attacker goes right for one pocket to retrieve an item and then starts his retreat. The attacker knew what he wanted and where it was located.

Now one of the attackers has been arrested and charged. One of the charges is " Distribution of fake drugs "

I'd bet our victims had purchased a product from the attackers and the attacker retrieved their " Drugs" and then mugged the pair for good measure.

The rag used by the attackers was to prevent prints on the packaging?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:17:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Any updates on the face plant guy?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:24:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
We were on Canal and me and my 4 other white buddies watched a dude park his car on Canal, run over to a bus stop and shoot a dude 3 times at the bus stop. He jumped back in his car and drove off. We got the plate number and description.
We went a few blocks and found some NOPD officers and told them we had info about the shooting.
"You boys should enjoy your stay and mind your own fucking business"
View Quote
Sounds about right.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:08:05 AM EDT
[#11]
The last time I was in Nola my Uber driver told me how he has a stray bullet hole in his car that he took driving his Uber passengers past a hospital.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:08:55 AM EDT
[#12]
As already posted in the thread, a few updates:

One suspect turned himself in.  http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/06/in_french_quarter_beating_robb.html

Victims were tourists in town for a Unitarian Universalist conference. http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/06/victims_of_french_quarter_atta.html

The police stated this:

"We know who the others are," Harrison said after Paul surrendered. He added that "it's just a matter of time" before detectives obtain arrest warrants and track down the remaining three suspects.

"We advise you to turn yourselves in as well," Harrison said. "You do not want us to come get you."

Paul was booked at the Orleans Justice Center jail at about 6:30 p.m. with second-degree robbery and possession with intent to distribute false drugs, according to jail records.

The victims have been identified as Tim Byrne and James Curran, both staff members with the Unitarian Universality Association, which was holding its national convention in New Orleans. Curran was treated for injuries and released, church spokeswoman Rachel Walden said. Byrne was in critical condition Monday morning but was said to be improving.
View Quote
It may be a bluff by the police that they know the others, but I hope it's not.

It good to hear that the kid's condition is improving.  

Reading between the lines, I'm in agreement with other posters; these tourists probably attempted to buy some weed of their attackers, and in doing so, marked themselves as easy targets.  Dumb.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:24:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Believe so.  Seen it many times on accident victims with head trauma.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn.

Did we just watch a video of agonal respiration?
Believe so.  Seen it many times on accident victims with head trauma.
Reminded me of a couple of IED victims.
IED victims died shortly after.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:53:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Worth reposting for a good laugh

Quoted:

Man if you are gonna draw, draw!

View Quote
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:42:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How ironic. Both gentlemen in town because of this church that they belong to...... uua in new orleans "resist"
View Quote
...and from the way it sounds, I'd guess these two were buying drugs from the black dudes.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:49:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
...and from the way it sounds, I'd guess these two were buying drugs from the black dudes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How ironic. Both gentlemen in town because of this church that they belong to...... uua in new orleans "resist"
The WOD wins again.  If it saves one kid from reefer madness it's worth it. 
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:55:19 AM EDT
[#17]
NO needs more Charles Bronson.

Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:15:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
fredoneverything just got bookmarked by me.  Thank you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://fredoneverything.org/oncoming-racial-doom-the-clash-of-cultures/

This man has wise words.
fredoneverything just got bookmarked by me.  Thank you.
Spot on, also sub to Tommy Sotomyer on YT..lolz..a blk guy that calls it like it is.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:24:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Nailed it.

These people have been practicing combat against each other since they were 4.  With and without weapons.  I've seen it.

The closest thing we have to Spartans and Gladiators.  The murder rate is high enough that the less powerful and cunning are killed off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those gentlemen were raised a good bit different from most people you are likely to know.  They clearly have practice working together and have no compunction dishing out violence. Their gang affiliation and experience likely trumps any training you can think of.  At best, most of us have only "war gamed" such situations.  Do not underestimate.
Nailed it.

These people have been practicing combat against each other since they were 4.  With and without weapons.  I've seen it.

The closest thing we have to Spartans and Gladiators.  The murder rate is high enough that the less powerful and cunning are killed off.
Lol far from it. Most are so stupid it is a joke.  Watch the first 48 ...
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:40:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Folks that commit hate crimes like those 4 did should have about a 2 inch section removed from each Achilles tendon, castrated, then returned to society after about a 4 year stint in Angola.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:29:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, GD is getting tired. Like much of America, GD is getting sick and fucking tired.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:34:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I mean every where that is majority black is a beacon of prosperity and safety. There is zero correlation between crime and racial break down of local populations.

Well, beyond logic, reason, statistics, anecdotal experiences, natural understanding of the world around them, reality, etc.
View Quote
Time for a reality check about white crime? Naw, whites can't be that bad.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:41:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Folks that commit hate crimes like those 4 did should have about a 2 inch section removed from each Achilles tendon, castrated, then returned to society after about a 4 year stint in Angola.
View Quote
You know that won't happen.

If the poor guy makes it.

The kid is going to get the min, 3 years, then he is going to go to OPP, then he will be out in 1-1.5 years.

That's the facts Jack.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:42:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
No, GD is getting tired. Like much of America, GD is getting sick and fucking tired.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is nothing racist about using statistics to make decisions.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:18:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks like they have a second suspect in custody.  http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/06/french_quarter_robbery_pastor.html  

So far they've arrested an 18 and a 21 year old "teen".  I hate the fucking media for using "teen" in these situations.  Such a fucking cop out.  These two aren't boys who somehow became involved in something they didn't intend, they are grown men who happen to be thugs and robbers.

Also, I remember at least one poster mentioned a possible TBI for the guy who was face down.  Apparently he's in bad shape, and there's a chance 1st degree murder is added to the charges.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:23:17 PM EDT
[#26]
A second suspect has been arrested in the savage French Quarter beating and robbery on Saturday night: 18-year-old Joshua Simmons.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:24:38 PM EDT
[#27]
NOLA and the French Quarter smells like stale piss, chlorine, and mold. I've been there twice before Katrina and after and it was the same pisshole both times. I went with my wife the last time because she had never been.
She won't go back because of the things she saw and what happened to us.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:28:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Two arrested, with the other two being apparently identified. Three of them were staying at a youth shelter about 9 blocks away from where this happened.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/06/3_or_4_suspects_in_french_quar.html#incart_river_index
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:30:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
A second suspect has been arrested in the savage French Quarter beating and robbery on Saturday night: 18-year-old Joshua Simmons.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:30:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Looks like they have a second suspect in custody.  http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/06/french_quarter_robbery_pastor.html  

So far they've arrested an 18 and a 21 year old "teen".  I hate the fucking media for using "teen" in these situations.  Such a fucking cop out.  These two aren't boys who somehow became involved in something they didn't intend, they are grown men who happen to be thugs and robbers.

Also, I remember at least one poster mentioned a possible TBI for the guy who was face down.  Apparently he's in bad shape, and there's a chance 1st degree murder is added to the charges.
View Quote
Nope...plead down to manslaughter and the 2nd degree robbery will run concurrent with the manslaughter sentence, he will get the min for both, 3 years and 10 years, so he will be out in 4-5 years due to being a parish jail.

You can quote me here, and then 2-3 years from now when he finally gets sentenced I can say, "I told you"
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:35:01 PM EDT
[#31]
As many have pointed out, situational awareness was lacking. http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/news/crime_police/article_6ce6a91c-5abc-11e7-8218-af57d6276db8.html

The founder of the nonprofit crime-camera network Project NOLA, Bryan Lagarde, said he gave footage to police that showed the assailants following Byrne and Curran for a couple of blocks before the attack and robbery.
View Quote
Attempts Monday to contact Curran were unsuccessful. A relative said that Curran remembered little about the attack beyond hearing footsteps behind him. The next thing he knew, he was on the ground and was being robbed, the relative said.
View Quote
Still not saying much about the condition of the other guy other than it's serious.

"I and a number of senior staff were with Tim in the hospital last night, and others, including our chaplains, are with him now," Frederick-Gray said. "Tim’s husband is en route to New Orleans from Boston. Our ... staff are profoundly shocked and filled with concern for their colleagues."
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:35:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Two arrested, with the other two being apparently identified. Three of them were staying at a youth shelter about 9 blocks away from where this happened.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/06/3_or_4_suspects_in_french_quar.html#incart_river_index
View Quote
"Often the troubled young people we care for suffer from mental illness and come from very dysfunctional homes."

Defense lawyer has somthing to work with now.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:37:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
As many have pointed out, situational awareness was lacking. http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/news/crime_police/article_6ce6a91c-5abc-11e7-8218-af57d6276db8.html

Still not saying much about the condition of the other guy other than it's serious.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The founder of the nonprofit crime-camera network Project NOLA, Bryan Lagarde, said he gave footage to police that showed the assailants following Byrne and Curran for a couple of blocks before the attack and robbery.
Attempts Monday to contact Curran were unsuccessful. A relative said that Curran remembered little about the attack beyond hearing footsteps behind him. The next thing he knew, he was on the ground and was being robbed, the relative said.

"I and a number of senior staff were with Tim in the hospital last night, and others, including our chaplains, are with him now," Frederick-Gray said. "Tim’s husband is en route to New Orleans from Boston. Our ... staff are profoundly shocked and filled with concern for their colleagues."
Yep, situational awareness was not there.

Some may think I am paranoid, but when I am walking I always look back every few seconds when out and about down there.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:41:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yep, situational awareness was not there.

Some may think I am paranoid, but when I am walking I always look back every few seconds when out and about down there.
View Quote
I do that everywhere I go.

I was misled by the video; the victims were much older than I thought. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4641346/Tourists-beaten-robbed-New-Orleans-French-Quarter.html

James Curran, the one that got grabbed first.

Tim Byrne, the one that got knocked out and is in critical condition.

Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:42:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sadly enough this is very true.
Just watch the news daily.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:04:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I do that everywhere I go.

I was misled by the video; the victims were much older than I thought. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4641346/Tourists-beaten-robbed-New-Orleans-French-Quarter.html

James Curran, the one that got grabbed first.

http://i.imgur.com/WpEW95k.jpg

Tim Byrne, the one that got knocked out and is in critical condition.

http://i.imgur.com/wJEtHv5.jpg
View Quote
I called that in my original post. A white wig and a hobble.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:11:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/06/video_french_quarter_robbery_c.html

Attack happens at 1:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qtRgyFsk3s

I've been in this area many times with my family, and this happened before 9 pm.  The poor fuckers didn't see this one coming.

ETA:

One suspect turned himself in.  http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/06/in_french_quarter_beating_robb.html

http://i.imgur.com/Urk75U3.jpg

Victims were tourists in town for a Unitarian Universalist conference. http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/06/victims_of_french_quarter_atta.html
View Quote
Just showed the video to my wife and said "now you know why I look around allot" 

she teases me about being "paranoid"

her face 
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:12:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Fast forward to 1:30

Didn't they hear those guys running up to them?
View Quote
French quarter can be loud an echo'y. Lots of shit just fades into background noise. 

No substatute for the mark1 eyeball
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:14:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It appears to be down close to the water, near the aquarium. Definitely part of the tourist area.
View Quote
^
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:15:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Ever read a story about some white trash getting killed by his own pit bull?
When you read that story you think that it's karma and stupid life choices come home to roost.

When I read a story about two leftist SJW's getting attacked by their own pet blacks... yea.

I'll have a Coke.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:25:27 PM EDT
[#41]
It's interesting how terminology like "his husband" is becoming mainstream now.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:28:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Uh oh, was Tim cheating on his husband?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:49:05 PM EDT
[#43]
I used to go to NOLA every year.  It's a good place for street photography.  Since the monument debacle I am done.  Having said that, I was raised in the City of St. Louis so I went to New Orleans with no illusions and with senses honed by years on the streets of St. Louis.

The problem is if you hang in the French Quarter until dark, you have to walk back to where you parked your car.  There are many lots on the outskirts of the French Quarter, yet there are no cops patrolling at all.  The cops seem more interested in riding their Harley's during the daylight parades.  There are cops on Bourbon street at night, but not many.  The NOPD is an arrogant, surly bunch who seem to be dirty to the core.  They reek of corruption.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#44]
I had always wanted to visit NO, mostly for the food.  A friend of mine went there after college for a job interview back in the early '90's.  He had nothing good to say about the place, nothing at all  He said he could literally smell the stench of the place while driving on the freeway.  The smell in the French Quarter was worse.

After Katrina, any waning desire I had to visit the place was completely dead at that point.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 3:54:17 PM EDT
[#45]
crazy crazy world man.

i was their this weekend for my bday bash...we were in bourbon st at that same time.

we rolled 6 deep, and 4 of us aint small, so i dont think we were "soft" targets.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 4:16:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I had always wanted to visit NO, mostly for the food.  A friend of mine went there after college for a job interview back in the early '90's.  He had nothing good to say about the place, nothing at all  He said he could literally smell the stench of the place while driving on the freeway.  The smell in the French Quarter was worse.

After Katrina, any waning desire I had to visit the place was completely dead at that point.
View Quote
If you want to try cajun food, I would just go to Places like Houma, Lafayette, etc. We even have a little cajun place in my town that ships in Leidenheimer bread for their po boys. Basically the whole New Orleans food experience without having to go to the ER because you got rolled walking to your hotel room.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 4:17:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No it does not.

I have been to New Orleans once.
I will never go there again, ever.

Fucking stinking shithole full of people with nothing but bad intentions.
I have never seen such a rotten cesspool, and I have been to every major city in the Southern USA.
New Orleans is America's black eye, even worse than Detroit.

Sorry Midcap, I do like you but that city........
View Quote
This is my experience as well.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 4:19:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Math is racist yo. science is racist. Yo. Statistics not racist? WTF!!!!
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 4:27:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, which I said earlier. There is no such thing as a "safe space/safe zone" anymore.

Public Transit, Bike Lanes, Uber, Cheap Cars, etc. have seen to that.

Now the Ghetto comes to you.

Unless you are more than a tank of gas away from a city over 100k you ain't in a Safe Zone (meaning somewhere in the Dakotas, Wyoming, Montana, or Idaho).

When I retire thats where I'm going, or deep in the hills and hollers of Tennessee, Kentucky, or West Virginia.
Does NOPD still hold the record for most police officers sitting on death row?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 4:35:35 PM EDT
[#50]
I bet there were "signs"

I have seen it when I am down town Albuquerque..

They like to work in groups of 2-5 looking for "victims" they really do go after "easy" targets.

And once you know what to look for it is painfully obvious.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top