User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:36:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This won't go on forever.
View Quote
Get out of my head. I had a random conversation with an State Cop about this about an hour ago.
View Quote
Been about, what, 50 years or so since the Civil Rights Movement? That didn't really go the way we thought it would, huh?

Now, I think people are getting tired. They're tired of having to put up with bestial, barbarous, behavior, and then being called nasty names if they dare point out that behavior for what it is.

I think a few more years of this, and then the pendulum is going to start swinging back the other way. And it's going to be ugly.

Quoted:
I love ghetto cops. They usually have a certain je ne se quoi.
View Quote
Is that like a sex thing?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:37:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm a maybe.  I'll be there if my employer approves my time off.  Frankly I need it.  

Were you there last year?  I didn't show until Saturday.  I came down Friday night but didn't realize festivities were going on.
View Quote
I was causing or involved in chaos somewhere.  I'm just gonna tell mine that I'm unavailable that weekend.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:39:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Been about, what, 50 years or so since the Civil Rights Movement? That didn't really go the way we thought it would, huh?

Now, I think people are getting tired. They're tired of having to put up with bestial, barbarous, behavior, and then being called nasty names if they dare point out that behavior for what it is.

I think a few more years of this, and then the pendulum is going to start swinging back the other way. And it's going to be ugly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This won't go on forever.
Get out of my head. I had a random conversation with an State Cop about this about an hour ago.

You are far more optimistic than I, like you said, its been 50 years, and if anything the pendulum was swung further and further in the wrong direction.

Its at the point now, when even when caught, convicted, and sentenced, prison itself is no punishment anymore.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:41:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Seems like baiting the fishes would be pretty easy there.....
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 8:01:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Grew up in nola, finally moved away when I was 24. Spent a lot of time in the quarter as a young man working and entertaining guests from out of town. Twice unholstered on folks up to no good. Both times they peeled off in a different direction quickly. I do go back to visit, I avoid the quarter at night, but I do give in to the wife during the day if she wants to go.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 8:13:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Only on page 2, so it may have already been covered, but is the guy who swings on the right wearing brass knuckles? There is something light colored on his hand when he pulls backs from the punch...

Link Posted: 6/26/2017 8:16:19 PM EDT
[#7]
How do you common sense your way into being safe around violent apes intent on hate?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 8:25:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Only on page 2, so it may have already been covered, but is the guy who swings on the right wearing brass knuckles? There is something light colored on his hand when he pulls backs from the punch...
View Quote
It's like a white cloth or something which he then passes to the other robber who then places it next to the body on the ground, and then attacker returns a little later to retrieve it but it's saturated in blood so he leaves it? Weird.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 8:27:08 PM EDT
[#9]
https://fredoneverything.org/oncoming-racial-doom-the-clash-of-cultures/

This man has wise words.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 8:27:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I really am grateful to be old enough to have partied on the Mexican border and NOLA before it was suicide to do so.  I got it out of my system.  I'm sorry for the youth who will never know what it was like.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 8:29:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Maxine Waters kids?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 8:29:12 PM EDT
[#12]
There is an SUV parked right behind the dodge that turns its lights on, and pulls out of the parking spot that they are looking at when they make the exchange...

The guy with the cloth is appears to be using it to wipe any points of contact for prints or...?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 8:41:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This thread ought to be an interesting watch.

GD loves cops...

Nobody loves NOLA cops...

"Tune in next time for the resolution of this internal dissonance!"
Dafuq you just call me?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 8:47:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
https://fredoneverything.org/oncoming-racial-doom-the-clash-of-cultures/

This man has wise words.
View Quote
fredoneverything just got bookmarked by me.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 8:50:40 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Art imitates life.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:02:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Bernie Goetz Cajun Edition
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:11:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Rhymes with...

I think I got cased in 2014 in NOLA.  Thought I might have to defend myself for real, but for some unknown reason, they decided not to do anything.  Perhaps it was because they knew I knew they were there and what they were up to.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:17:27 PM EDT
[#18]
I recently spent a few days in NOLA.   One thing that stood out to me is how few cops were around, especially in the French Quarter.   I did see a few state trooper cars around, but no visible officers.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:19:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I was in NOLA back in April. Four adults, all armed. I was carrying a Glock 19 with two spare mags, a Glock 43, a fixed blade and a Griptilian. Wife was also carrying a 43 and a Benchmade Mini Grip. Other guy in our group was packing a Glock 21 with spare mag, a Smith 642 and a Spyderco police and his wife was carrying a Glock 26 and a can of OC.
View Quote
I was there as well............my wife and I went to the Jazz Festival and walked around NOLA. I was armed as well, and we both had our heads on a swivel the whole time............some sketchy places even in the daytime.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:24:23 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm headed there in the morning for 3 days ofwork, staying in the French Quarter.

Anyone eaten at Taste New Orleans, corner of Dumaine and Dauphine?

It's a short walk from my hotel so I'm gonna check it out.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:28:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:30:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:43:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Fucking amazing how good I am guessing...
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:44:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Which works until you run up against a group which has trained to work together.  At which point the best you can hope for is to give a couple of them something to remember you by.

Not that these thugs have trained that way or at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We do a lot of 2 or 3 or 4 on one fighting in the dojo.  What you quickly realize as an attacker is the other attackers get in your way. As the defender, you can use one attacker to block the others.  It isn't obvious/intuitive until you actually do that type of training.  

#1 thing to remember is not being in those places in the first place.

Which works until you run up against a group which has trained to work together.  At which point the best you can hope for is to give a couple of them something to remember you by.

Not that these thugs have trained that way or at all.
Yup.  I wouldn't want to go up against CIA field agents, Secret Service, KGB/FSB, etc, people who practice this stuff for a living.  I'm less worried about garden-variety white or black thugs.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:45:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
FNOLA
View Quote
Yep, FNOLA
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:46:29 PM EDT
[#26]
What's the latest update on the victims condition?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:47:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
"Orcs"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

This problem is just getting worse and worse, the Orcs know that they cannot be touched, and the Law is no punishment anymore.

No one has the stomach to do what is necessary, except maybe on the individual level, and even then most who say they would/could are just bluster.
"Orcs"?
Warcraft reference maybe?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:55:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Situation awareness.
View Quote
This.  Pay attention.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:55:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Sadly he may just be a vegetable, or even worse all fucked up physically and mentally but with it enough to know he is fucked up physically and mentally.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Critical condition, , hopefully the guy pulls through with no permanent problems.
Cold-cocked and fell his height face-first into the ground.  I'd love to be his life-insurance beneficiary right about now.

Sadly he may just be a vegetable, or even worse all fucked up physically and mentally but with it enough to know he is fucked up physically and mentally.
Yup.  Re-watching the video, he's in a deep coma on the side-walk.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:58:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Bienville runs from the river all the way to City Park.  Saying "Bienville St. is in the Treme" is nonsense.
View Quote
Bienville isn't in the Treme, but the Treme is in Bienville.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:07:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yup.  I wouldn't want to go up against CIA field agents, Secret Service, KGB/FSB, etc, people who practice this stuff for a living.  I'm less worried about garden-variety white or black thugs.  
View Quote
Those gentlemen were raised a good bit different from most people you are likely to know.  They clearly have practice working together and have no compunction dishing out violence. Their gang affiliation and experience likely trumps any training you can think of.  At best, most of us have only "war gamed" such situations.  Do not underestimate.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:11:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
There are demographics in this world that view us as prey and hate us.  Yet the majority of my demographic are either willfully ignorant or think it's our fault.
View Quote
Sad but true. Head on a swivel always. Armed always. Just the way of the world is.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:14:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Those gentlemen were raised a good bit different from most people you are likely to know.  They clearly have practice working together and have no compunction dishing out violence. Their gang affiliation and experience likely trumps any training you can think of.  At best, most of us have only "war gamed" such situations.  Do not underestimate.
View Quote
Eho doesn't stand and plant when someone is running up behind them?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:18:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I was in NOLA back in April. Four adults, all armed. I was carrying a Glock 19 with two spare mags, a Glock 43, a fixed blade and a Griptilian. Wife was also carrying a 43 and a Benchmade Mini Grip. Other guy in our group was packing a Glock 21 with spare mag, a Smith 642 and a Spyderco police and his wife was carrying a Glock 26 and a can of OC.
View Quote
Throw in a couple SBR'd PS90s or MP5s slung SAS-style and you'd be about good
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:21:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Correct. It was a planned attack and they look experienced at it. Even if one of the guys was able to fight the 4 of them would have kicked the ever loving shit out of him and likely carried it over to the friend.

The only sure fire solution I see in that video is to A. Recognize they're coming and B. Draw your CCW.

As we've seen before, planting one of them would likely dissuade the attack from continuing. Shame, folks are saying that one fella is comatose now.

Over a fucking wallet and what might have been a little cash money.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:24:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Bernie Goetz Cajun Edition
View Quote
Bernie Geauxtz
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:25:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the problem that most civilized, law abiding people have, when dealing with the goblins.

Most of the people who were raised in at least semi-decent homes, have jobs, go to work in the morning, have families, pay taxes, and generally play by the rules of civilized society have no idea exactly HOW vicious and uncivilized these animals are - they have no CONCEPT of it, unless they've seen it first hand.  They simply would never believe, for example, that there are animals out there who will rape your wife or girlfriend, and then force you to suck their dick after they are done - to use one example that was discussed in a recent thread we had a few weeks ago.

Seeing "bad guys" on movies and TV - the only exposure most law abiding people have to these animals - in no way prepares them for encountering that breed in real life, and if they unfortunately do, the result is usually very much like what you see in the OP video.  Add to this the millions of people - very often though not always liberals - who have been lulled by the false narrative of the media regarding the actual state of race relations and racial tensions in this country, and you wind up with millions of potential victims ripe for slaughter.

This is why I try to live by situational awareness, why I "red line" certain areas and will not go into them unless there is some dire need, and why I very often carry not just one gun, but two.

Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:29:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Critical condition, , hopefully the guy pulls through with no permanent problems.
Cold-cocked and fell his height face-first into the ground.  I'd love to be his life-insurance beneficiary right about now.

Chances of recovery?  
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:35:03 PM EDT
[#39]
It looks like the one who delivers the knock out has something in or on his hand. Or maybe he has it wrapped. He then gives hands it to another, who then looks like he wipes it on the unconscious guy.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:35:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is hilarious.

(And the LSP never "supervised" us.  Among other things, it would be illegal for them to do so under LA law and our home rule charter.  They couldn't even give out traffic tickets in our city if we didn't give them permission.)
View Quote
It's not funny to me.  When I lived there, one cop murdered another in a all cop love triangle.  Many other cop crimes were noted in the news.  I rate NOPD right along with Tiajuana PD.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:35:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Chances of recovery?  
View Quote
Watching that video, I thought that guy was DRT.

Shit does NOT look good.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:36:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nailed it.

These people have been practicing combat against each other since they were 4.  With and without weapons.  I've seen it.

The closest thing we have to Spartans and Gladiators.  The murder rate is high enough that the less powerful and cunning are killed off.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:39:38 PM EDT
[#43]
It's a dangerous city.

Good thing his buddy was so effective at administering first aid.

He fucking sat there and let his friend bleed all over the sidewalk, like an idiot.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:40:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
You assume you'd win such stupidness and that is why you'd fail.

Fight the good fight don't go looking for the stupid fight.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:41:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It's a dangerous city.

He fucking sat there and let his friend bleed all over the sidewalk, like an idiot.
View Quote
He's fucked up and disoriented.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:41:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It's a dangerous city.

View Quote
what are you gonna do for that injury with no equipment?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:42:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
"Seems like a robbery gone bad."

WTF is a robbery gone well?
View Quote
When the thugs are laying on the ground in a pool of their own blood.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:45:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It's a dangerous city.

View Quote
He is very likely in shock and disoriented/not thinking clearly himself.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:47:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Seems like a robbery gone bad."

WTF is a robbery gone well?
Or better yet, there's a bright pink mist on the shrubbery and sidewalk that used to be their brains.

Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:48:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bienville runs from the river all the way to City Park.  Saying "Bienville St. is in the Treme" is nonsense.
Wat?
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top