Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 4:27:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is hilarious.

(And the LSP never "supervised" us.  Among other things, it would be illegal for them to do so under LA law and our home rule charter.  They couldn't even give out traffic tickets in our city if we didn't give them permission.)
View Quote
Yeah, because you guys have a reputation for doing the right things right.
NOPD is far from being the State Police.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 4:28:00 PM EDT
[#2]
[Nagin] "Chocolate City" [/Nagin]
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 4:29:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This thread ought to be an interesting watch.

GD loves cops...

Nobody loves NOLA cops...

"Tune in next time for the resolution of this internal dissonance!"
View Quote
I love ghetto cops. They usually have a certain je ne se quoi.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 4:34:27 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

man, condition white is a bitch.

Being more aware might have helped but 4 vs 2 isn't great odds.
We do a lot of 2 or 3 or 4 on one fighting in the dojo.  What you quickly realize as an attacker is the other attackers get in your way.  As the defender, you can use one attacker to block the others.  It isn't obvious/intuitive until you actually do that type of training.  

#1 thing to remember is not being in those places in the first place.
A firearm also works really well to get the attackers off of you.
It's still good to have some hand-to-hand if they are too close to draw initially and also for weapon retention.  
Exactly.
I told a buddy the other night after we finished training that the older I get the more I consider my empty hand training as a tool to get to my knife or gun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhdzGxThNK0
I guess that's 1 way to attempt to replicate stress induced shooting.
Range Nazis would have chest pains if they witnessed that going on.
"Hey no punching.....wtf......hey no drawing from the holster......shit no rapid fire either....."
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 4:38:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Situation awareness.
View Quote
Yep.
A couple dudes tried that same shit on my GF, a friend and myself a few years back in Detroit's east side.

It did NOT end well for them.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 4:40:30 PM EDT
[#6]
The last time I was there, maybe 10 or so years ago, a buddy and I were walking back to the hotel after a night of fun.  Three rich and vibrants came out from an alley and started to cut us off, while another came up behind us.  I reached for my ccw and they turned back to where they came from.  I hate to imagine how that would have gone had I not been armed.

I won't be back.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 4:45:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How ironic. Both gentlemen in town because of this church that they belong to...... uua in new orleans "resist"
View Quote
I guess the got "resisted" and culturally enriched. Shame this happened, but it seems that they are idiots to begin with.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 4:50:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Anywhere black folks congregate there will be trouble for white people.  That's just the way it is.

That said, New Orleans is America's Anus and needs another, more complete cleansing. New Orleans has "0" redeeming qualities.  No culture, no class, no tradition worth
casting a backwards glance at. 
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 4:55:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Anywhere black folks congregate there will be trouble for white people. That's just the way it is.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 4:58:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
NOPD tourism damage control video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNN8pT3OGyA
View Quote
He actually called it a "robbery gone bad." As if there is such a thing as a robbery going good.

I think it went exactly, precisely as the robbers intended it to.  And they were experienced.  It's not easy to time the footwork and punch coming up on someone at a run, who himself is moving.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 4:58:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Anywhere black folks congregate there will be trouble for white people.  That's just the way it is.

That said, New Orleans is America's Anus and needs another, more complete cleansing. New Orleans has "0" redeeming qualities.  No culture, no class, no tradition worth
casting a backwards glance at. 
View Quote
I used to would have argued most of those facts w you, but no more. Used to love going down there but it has only gotten worse w more & more years of liberal rule.

Now the only thing worth saving is the Port of New Orleans...
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 5:13:56 PM EDT
[#12]
We are heading over there for a friend's wedding in early September.  I will be well armed.
We have had several trips over there having a lot of fun and zero problems but things have been noticibly declining with each visit.  We also limit the majority of our events to daylight hours.

For what it is worth a local federal judge told me it started getting really bad when the city government ruled all local cops had to live in NOLA city limits.  That caused a bunch of the better ones to quit and there are not enough "qualified" ( read: non-criminal record types) applicants for replacements.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 5:14:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No one is visiting the aquarium late at night. I would bet that area is very lightly traveled at night. Most of the people visiting the Quarter are staying within walking distance so the parking lots wouldnt be abuzz with business, and the video supports this. No car traffic and very little foot traffic until the guys get beat up and were probably screaming. That area is at least a block or 2 from any real action and several from Bourbon St. It only takes a few hundred feet in the wrong direction to put you in a real bad place and they were in it. It also doesnt help if they had been drinking. Not saying they were but they wouldnt be the first tourists or businessmen to stumble off the beaten path shitfaced with a wallet full of cash and credit cards and a nice watch and cell phone. 
View Quote
You are correct that no one is visiting the aquarium at night.

However, plenty of people still use the lots at night.  This happened before 9 pm.  It's very reasonable for people to be walking from the shops or French Quarter restaurants and bars at that time back to their vehicles.

While you would see the street and building in the video and expect traffic, it's misleading.  This building is in the middle of several parking lots with exits all around the perimeter.  There isn't significant vehicular traffic on that part of the street since most cars can exit into other directions.  As you see in the vid, people were close by and ran toward them as soon as it happened.  It was simply a brash, brutal attack.

As has been stated throughout the thread, it is not necessarily "a real bad place" (outside of being IN New Orleans ).
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 5:15:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The last time I was there, maybe 10 or so years ago, a buddy and I were walking back to the hotel after a night of fun.  Three rich and vibrants came out from an alley and started to cut us off, while another came up behind us.  I reached for my ccw and they turned back to where they came from.  I hate to imagine how that would have gone had I not been armed.

I won't be back.
View Quote
Wish you could CCW in bars...
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 5:23:19 PM EDT
[#15]
wow we need to ban hand and feet who needs these high power hands that can knock a person to the ground with one hit.  Do it for the children.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 5:30:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Those poor lads had to cope with Racial Battle Fatigue, it wasn't their fault.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 5:35:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I would not be any less suprised if this happened in the Garden District or on Magazine's shopping district. Somewhere along the way somebody got their wires crossed and mistook NOLAs famous tolerance for drunken shenanigans and debauchery for encouragement of crime in general. When combined with racial hatred fostered by the local government NOLAS is a complete shithole. I say this as someone that had relatives in NOLAS and was probably there at least once every three months from age 1 to 25.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 5:42:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yup, always been a shithole, just ramped up after Katrina.

Been many times, before I was married and had kids. No way I'd step foot there now, when we visit now we go to places like Gramercy, Plaquemine, Homa or Pierre Part, ain't stopping at all in the Baghdad of the South.

What's crazy is Katrina moved a bunch of the illustrious citizens to Houston, many never left. Crime statistics spiked accordingly.
View Quote
They get serious prison time in Texas.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 5:49:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I get the sentiment but doesn't that honor belong to Memphis?  That said last time I went was May 2005 (before Katrina).  Fuck the "chocolate city".  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mogadishu on the Mississippi.
I get the sentiment but doesn't that honor belong to Memphis?  That said last time I went was May 2005 (before Katrina).  Fuck the "chocolate city".  
How about "Baghdad on the Bayou"?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 6:05:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
How ironic. Both gentlemen in town because of this church that they belong to...... uua in new orleans "resist"
View Quote
They were engulfed in enrichment.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 6:12:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Dude slammed his head into concrete, because he was knocked out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So nose bleed? You'd think they'd might have looked back to see who was running up behind them...
Dude slammed his head into concrete, because he was knocked out.
Yeah, I came to that conclusion in an earlier post. After more info posted about medical condition. not available at time of that particular post.

But in the video you can see his bud talk to him and it looks like he responds... so not completely unconscious...at first....anyways...

Sucks to be him.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 6:12:32 PM EDT
[#22]
I see removing the Confederate monuments fixed all the racial problems.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 6:17:31 PM EDT
[#23]
One arrest made today.

Dejuan Paul, 21 years old
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

How about "Baghdad on the Bayou"?
View Quote
That's a good one.

We called it Somalia Part 2 Electric Boogaloo while working their for Hurricane Katrina.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 6:24:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 6:29:36 PM EDT
[#26]
So I need to wear a white wig and hobble a bit the next time I'm down there? I've done everything 'wrong' in that video and worse and didn't even get approached.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 6:37:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Not as far as you'd think.  Its the parking area near The Shops at Canal Place, if I'm recognizing the spot correctly.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2z6e1e8.jpg
View Quote
I can see my house (building) from here.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 6:46:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

We do a lot of 2 or 3 or 4 on one fighting in the dojo.  What you quickly realize as an attacker is the other attackers get in your way.  As the defender, you can use one attacker to block the others.  It isn't obvious/intuitive until you actually do that type of training.  

View Quote
What style? Notice how they didn't fight they grabbed and held.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep.

This problem is just getting worse and worse, the Orcs know that they cannot be touched, and the Law is no punishment anymore.

No one has the stomach to do what is necessary, except maybe on the individual level, and even then most who say they would/could are just bluster.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 6:52:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Hard to believe ABC news just aired the video
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 6:53:51 PM EDT
[#31]
You would think somebody would recognize at least one of those punks and turn them in.

ETA: I see it's already happened.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 6:55:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's been an Aikijutsu thing since forever.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 6:58:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yep.

This problem is just getting worse and worse, the Orcs know that they cannot be touched, and the Law is no punishment anymore.

No one has the stomach to do what is necessary, except maybe on the individual level, and even then most who say they would/could are just bluster.
View Quote
"Orcs"?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:00:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You would think somebody would recognize at least one of those punks and turn them in.

ETA: I see it's already happened.
View Quote
Surprisingly!      Not even the Harvard educated community hero who was elected President twice is willing to "see something/say something".
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:03:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
"Orcs"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

"Orcs"?
Ferals, Violent Criminal Actors, a thousand other descriptors, whatever.

I like Orcs, because they are violent as a matter of course (like Orcs), and there's nothing to do but fight them.
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA: I see it's already happened.

Surprisingly!      Not even the Harvard educated community hero who was elected President twice is willing to "see something/say something".
Thats the real shocking thing about the story.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Noladishu strikes again.

Its a good thing their city and NOPD is on case, those four or five "aspiring police cadets" are in big trouble lol  
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:06:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

"Orcs"?
View Quote
It's the new 'amish' 'dindu' 'yute' etc. Typically used to describe those of the muslim faith, but not always.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:07:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Biz will fade and it'll decay or they step up enforcement.

Everything is market based.

I enjoyed my trip in 1979. I still got ripped off fir $20 at a pool hall.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:09:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yep.

and the Law is no punishment anymore.

View Quote
I was told once "only two things make a man behave, fear of God and fear of the law"
NOLA seems to have neither
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:12:22 PM EDT
[#40]
I can't wait to tell the kids I learned a new word today!!
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:12:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
That's Memphis.  We may have to coin a new catch phrase/name for New Orleans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mogadishu on the Mississippi.
That's Memphis.  We may have to coin a new catch phrase/name for New Orleans.
That's Memphis.  That's us.

I spent my evening with the gorilla with the pink bow when I was in NOrleans.  She knows her way around the city, and seemed aware of what was going on around her all the time.

I got to see lots of things I wouldn't have gotten to see otherwise.

Proof that "bitches be crazy."  
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:20:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
People wandering through the jungle should remember that they're wandering though the jungle. I bet that they never make that mistake again. 
View Quote
How dare you refer to the 'Chocolate City' as the Jungle.

You need to check your privilege
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:21:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Whitey needs to toughen up or stay in their safe zones.
View Quote
You don't think that by next week, there will be an upwelling of support from that community (you know the same community who's eyes saw everything), which will lead to marches and a show that violence like that will no longer be tolerated, or not, (and some snitch or someone wanting to throw some crimestopper money in their pocket!)
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:22:27 PM EDT
[#44]
I am glad we spent billions to save that Democratic shithole. 
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:22:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I spent my evening with the gorilla with the pink bow when I was in NOrleans.  She knows her way around the city, and seemed aware of what was going on around her all the time.

View Quote
You're doing CWC, right? I missed you last time.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:25:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This.
View Quote
I know this white , suburban, middle class couple from out here in Ohio, who went on vacation to NYC about ten years ago.

They were trying to get to - ??? - IDK, one of the major attractions, and according to the husband, they somehow got off on the wrong subway station.

When they walked up out of the subway to surface level, they came out into what he described as an extremely sketchy looking area (he had no idea where they were), and realized they made a mistake.

There was an old black gentleman sitting on a bench near the entrance to the subway station, and he took one look at them, and told them they needed to go back down to the subway and get back on the train, RIGHT FUCKING NOW, because they were in the WRONG neighborhood to be white tourists in.

The guy said "he didn't have to tell me twice."

Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:26:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
You don't think that by next week, there will be an upwelling of support from that community (you know the same community who's eyes saw everything), which will lead to marches and a show that violence like that will no longer be tolerated, or not, (and some snitch or someone wanting to throw some crimestopper money in their pocket!)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whitey needs to toughen up or stay in their safe zones.
Whats funny is that Whitey thought he was in a Safe Zone.

Of course, I find the whole concept of the Safe Zone laughable, because you know... public transport, walking, bikes, and cheap cars don't exist.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:31:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yep.
A couple dudes tried that same shit on my GF, a friend and myself a few years back in Detroit's east side.

It did NOT end well for them.
View Quote
So, you killed them?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:31:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Dejuan Paul, 21, surrendered Monday and was arrested on a charge of second-degree robbery
View Quote
In Louisiana, convictions for second-degree robbery — defined as taking anything of value from someone and intentionally causing serious bodily injury — result in a minimum sentence of three years hard labor, with a maximum sentence of 40 years.
View Quote
That is if the guy lives. I read somewhere that he is in a coma.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:31:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a maybe.  I'll be there if my employer approves my time off.  Frankly I need it.  

Were you there last year?  I didn't show until Saturday.  I came down Friday night but didn't realize festivities were going on.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top