Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2017 2:14:56 PM EDT
i laughed so hard at this video... but for the good stuff, skip to 10:00

How Tough is a Hi-Point? (CHEAPEST PISTOL)
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:28:13 PM EDT
[#1]
In before the haters.  1 JHP, 1 4595, both run 1911 mags.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:26:10 PM EDT
[#2]
The Demoition Ranch guy is awesome...I'm not sure if many people know that his "day job" is as a Vet. He has a YouTube channel on that line of work. GREAT GUY.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:48:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I have been wanting to get a Highpoint C9 Comp and have someone thread the barrel just to be funny.  I realize getting it threaded will cost as much as the gun.  So far I have not been able to find anyone to do this.  I have only tried a couple places TROS and Adco which I have dealt with both and have nothing but good things to say about them.  Both didn't want to take on the project which I understand.  If anyone knows of a reputable place that will do that reply or shoot me a private message.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:53:15 PM EDT
[#4]
My step dad bought one against my advice. His results are the polar opposite of the ones in this video, it was a jamomatic from day one.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:56:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Demoition Ranch guy is awesome...I'm not sure if many people know that his "day job" is as a Vet. He has a YouTube channel on that line of work. GREAT GUY.
View Quote
LOL. I was gonna say the opposite.  Reminds me of a more annoying  Ashton Kutcher.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:56:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:  My step dad bought one against my advice. His results are the polar opposite of the ones in this video, it was a jamomatic from day one.
View Quote
Magazine feed lips need tweaking - or just send it back to Mom.  If it's a .45" ACP, get the ThingMeister mag catch & run 1911 mags.  Both mine run fine on 1911 mags.

Come over to the HiPoint forum if you have questions about how to tweak the mags.  Don't know if there's a regular service to thread the bbls yet, but a few folks have done it over there.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:04:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Suppressed High Point seized in LA

Linky
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:14:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I would be shocked to find out he doesn't have an account here.

Dude is Arfcom material for sure.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:20:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
LOL. I was gonna say the opposite.  Reminds me of a more annoying  Ashton Kutcher.
View Quote
He's just a Texan. He can't help it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:22:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
He has three YouTube channels and I think he has over a million followers on each.  VetRanch, DemolitionRanch and OffTheRanch
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:24:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
He has three YouTube channels and I think he has over a million followers on each.  VetRanch, DemolitionRanch and OffTheRanch
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1.5 million+ on VetRanch.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:28:09 PM EDT
[#12]
He makes awesome videos. I can't figure out how he has time to do all that stuff, but I waste inordinate amounts of time watching Demo Ranch and once in awhile, Off The Ranch.

Matt, if you're an Arfcommer, give us a sign.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:33:59 PM EDT
[#13]
If you have a Highpoint that is jamming, just work over the mag feed lips and polish the feed ramp, I have owned several of them that is the first thing I do before I even try to shoot it, have never had problems with any of them.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:36:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He'd be in my top 5 youtubers that I would want for a SHTF buddy.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:36:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If you have a Highpoint that is jamming, just work over the mag feed lips and polish the feed ramp, I have owned several of them that is the first thing I do before I even try to shoot it, have never had problems with any of them.
View Quote
I'm fairly certain that hang up he was experiencing was a rough feed ramp.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:42:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:44:48 PM EDT
[#17]
He seems like a great all around guy. I wish I had the knowledge to help animals the way he does.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:45:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Coincidentally, a high point .40 just came up for sale on armslist for $80 with 2 mags and 100 rounds. Sort of want.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:53:56 PM EDT
[#19]
I haven't seen that guy yet, but I like him.  No way I wouldn't shot with thing with the slide/chamber looking like that.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:59:37 PM EDT
[#20]
lol there will always be haters, I have been watching him for years. sure its a little ridiculous, but his videos are fun and usually offbeat enough that i haven't seen it yet. 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
He makes awesome videos. I can't figure out how he has time to do all that stuff, but I waste inordinate amounts of time watching Demo Ranch and once in awhile, Off The Ranch.

Matt, if you're an Arfcommer, give us a sign.
View Quote
Isn't the animal hospital he works for a charity? I wondered if he even gets paid for that, maybe his wife earns the money and he just buys guns..
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 5:12:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Isn't the animal hospital he works for a charity? I wondered if he even gets paid for that, maybe his wife earns the money and he just buys guns..
View Quote
no, the hospital is a typical vet clinic. but he is partnered with a vet charity that pays for the rescues to get helped at his vet clinic. 

i wont lie, when its time to get a dog for us, i wont be averse to making a trip to pick up one of his rescues. 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 5:30:28 PM EDT
[#23]
I skipped to the 10 minuted mark and good stuff didn't happen
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 6:03:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I skipped to the 10 minuted mark and good stuff didn't happen
View Quote
Dude, he literally shot the Hi-Point right in the chamber with another pistol and it still ran a whole mag!

Obviously you would never carry a Hi-Point. But for a trunk gun or something to throw in a burried PVC cache to go dig up after the zombie apocalypse, it's seems like it's actually not bad.

Worst case scenario, you buy one and it sucks and you still spent less than $99 on the thing.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Dude, he literally shot the Hi-Point right in the chamber with another pistol and it still ran a whole mag!

Obviously you would never carry a Hi-Point. But for a trunk gun or something to throw in a burried PVC cache to go dig up after the zombie apocalypse, it's seems like it's actually not bad.

Worst case scenario, you buy one and it sucks and you still spent less than $99 on the thing.
View Quote
there is just no entertaining some people. 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:24:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Your right . I watched it past the shenagins and he did run a mag through . Impressive
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:26:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's a regular vet clinic but yes he does have a vet charity thing going on as well. I believe his wife is a stay at home mother from the Offtheranch videos, they seem to be great people and all his youtube channels are entertaining.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:31:12 PM EDT
[#28]
IIRC he actually bought the clinic he was working at.

A buddy of mine met him a while back, said he's a super nice guy
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:35:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:  Coincidentally, a high point .40 just came up for sale on armslist for $80 with 2 mags and 100 rounds. Sort of want.
View Quote
That's a good deal if you like .40" S&W.  Any issues w/ the pistol you send it to Mom, they fix it, ship it back to you.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:35:15 AM EDT
[#30]
from all the hi-point destruction videos that i have seen... i think a 15 round hi-point pistol would be perfect for the US marines. 
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:41:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Coincidentally, a high point .40 just came up for sale on armslist for $80 with 2 mags and 100 rounds. Sort of want.
View Quote
Not bad, that is a problem solver
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 5:05:51 AM EDT
[#32]
I approve of his vehicle choice.

Wonder if his power folding mirrors went TU like mine did last week.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 6:07:59 AM EDT
[#33]
From what I've gathered after watching all his channels for a while now is that he bought the vet clinic from his dad. He works with a charity for all the vet ranch stuff but all the proceeds from vetranch go towards it too. 

His wife stays home but I'm pretty sure she helps run everything like the vet clinic and the YouTube channels. She also has an engineering degree. 

Either way he seems like a cool dude. How he has time for everything he does is beyond me though.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 6:10:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That's a good deal if you like .40" S&W.  Any issues w/ the pistol you send it to Mom, they fix it, ship it back to you.
View Quote
Pro tip: anytime you send a Hipoint back do not include your magazine. They'll send it back after repair with a new mag.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 6:15:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Watched this one last night. Bullet hole in chamber, busted up the slide, and the damned thing still shoots. That's impressive no matter how you might feel about Hi-Points.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 6:16:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Magazine feed lips need tweaking - or just send it back to Mom.  If it's a .45" ACP, get the ThingMeister mag catch & run 1911 mags.  Both mine run fine on 1911 mags.

Come over to the HiPoint forum if you have questions about how to tweak the mags.  Don't know if there's a regular service to thread the bbls yet, but a few folks have done it over there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  My step dad bought one against my advice. His results are the polar opposite of the ones in this video, it was a jamomatic from day one.

Never have seen a Hi Point pistol in person, but my mom got me a 995 carbine for $115 9 years ago when I was in college so I could plink 9mm for $5 per box. I can't make it jam if I wanted, I've shot 3,000 rounds of Wolf out of it without cleaning it, no problem. Treat it like shit, it's got some rust on the outside from sitting in the case for weeks in the garage, still no issues.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 6:33:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Easily my favorite channel(s)
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:23:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Easily my favorite channel(s)
View Quote
He is a close third after inrange and FW
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:37:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Demo ranch is one of my favorite channels
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:45:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Had a customer stick about 10 squibs in his high point rifle then take it apart in an attempt to beat um out .

Sent it into high point , they reassembled it with a new barrel for no cost . 
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 4:18:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
from all the hi-point destruction videos that i have seen... i think a 15 round hi-point pistol would be perfect for the US marines. 
View Quote
Great idea - knocked up hi-points everywhere.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 6:01:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Never have seen a Hi Point pistol in person, but my mom got me a 995 carbine for $115 9 years ago when I was in college so I could plink 9mm for $5 per box. I can't make it jam if I wanted, I've shot 3,000 rounds of Wolf out of it without cleaning it, no problem. Treat it like shit, it's got some rust on the outside from sitting in the case for weeks in the garage, still no issues.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They ugly AF in person. I looked at one at the gun store once. Ugly, clunky but apparently bulletproof.

Hi Point Carbines just keep running. One of my buddies has one, it was his first gun, he didn't have AR money at the time so that is what he wound up with.
It was his gateway to BRD, he now has several nice guns but that old ass Hi Point just keeps on trucking along.

They have a very odd felt recoil IMO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top