Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:38:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Take a pic and post it on the dept's Facebook page. 
View Quote
This is the answer... seems like if anything goes viral now in the world we live in, then things actually get done.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:38:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You "attacked the character of an leo", so you are a piece of shit.  That is how many of the LEO's here are going to feel about you no matter what you do.  You could have video of him running over a child, parking illegally, and then just sitting on his porch smoking a joint and they would still defend him over siding with you because "you don't have all the context" and are a stupid citizen (their words not mine).  You can see from the hostility in there posts, which is why I commented on how it is easy to see who many of the LEO's are in this thread.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking safe thread.

DAY 1
I have already explained that on page 1. If you do not want to read the thread then move along; I ain't doing your homework for you.
You "attacked the character of an leo", so you are a piece of shit.  That is how many of the LEO's here are going to feel about you no matter what you do.  You could have video of him running over a child, parking illegally, and then just sitting on his porch smoking a joint and they would still defend him over siding with you because "you don't have all the context" and are a stupid citizen (their words not mine).  You can see from the hostility in there posts, which is why I commented on how it is easy to see who many of the LEO's are in this thread.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:41:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Op, put on your Speedo, climb on the hood of his car, take pic and post pic on their Facebook page.

Believe me, it will get addressed.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:41:35 PM EDT
[#4]
OP, WHAT parking law has he violated? You yourself said there was "a ton of street parking".
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:43:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The OP didn't ask how to handle it.  He is stating he is disappointed that a "professional" would blatantly violate the laws he swore to uphold.  The OP also said he would talk to the guy about it. In other words, everything about your post is wrong.
View Quote
It's still not clear what law was violated, if any. I'm also pretty sure that parking enforement is a meter maid's job. I never took an oath to check if cars were evenly spaced.

The OP reminds me of that guy that protested to the city council when we put plastic Speedfeed stocks on the patrol shotguns. OMG the apocalypse is upon us!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:45:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's still not clear what law was violated, if any.
View Quote
It took a while for me to find it since he didn't think that was an important detail in the original post.  According to him, the city paints squares in the public road to show you where you can park (sounds goofy to me, but some places are goofy like that I guess).  He's claiming that the officer parks the police car in the unmarked area between a parking square and a driveway.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:45:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe I missed it but I fail to see the traffic rule or parking regulation in question being violated.

I would really like someone to lead that convo with the idea the LEO is a public servant, and fetch the OP a sammich.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:45:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This is the answer... seems like if anything goes viral now in the world we live in, then things actually get done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Take a pic and post it on the dept's Facebook page. 
Nah, I would never out someone like that, period.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:48:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It took a while for me to find it since he didn't think that was an important detail in the original post.  According to him, the city paints squares in the public road to show you where you can park (sounds goofy to me, but some places are goofy like that I guess).  He's claiming that the officer parks the police car in the unmarked area between a parking square and a driveway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this a rainbow crosswalk kind of thing? Does it have an ordinance behind it stating cars must park on the squares?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:49:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Maybe I missed it but I fail to see the traffic rule or parking regulation in question being violated.

I would really like someone to lead that convo with the idea the LEO is a public servant, and fetch the OP a sammich.
View Quote
He is parked illegally; this isn't cold fusion Jethro.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:49:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Is this a rainbow crosswalk kind of thing? Does it have an ordinance behind it stating cars must park on the squares?
View Quote
Beats me.  I live in America.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:51:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
I do not know which law it is but I do have a neighbor who got a ticket ($50 I think) because their car wasn't completely inside the parking "box" by about two feet.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:51:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
And seeing as how much free time you have you could spare a little more and type something called specifics as to how he parked illegally.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:52:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

And seeing as how much free time you have you could spare a little more and type something called specifics as to how he parked illegally.
View Quote
Page one Jethro, about post 22.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:55:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Man the fuck up and go talk to him about it.
View Quote
Be sure to have a couple drinks first!
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:59:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Why not just park in your garage or driveway?

I had a work acquaintance that lived in a neighborhood that had an HOA and limited parking spaces - other than driveways and garages.  He said a bunch of people complained because cops would park in 'no parking zones' because they knew they wouldn't get a ticket. The HOA took notice of what the community wanted and spoke with the officers.  The end result was that the officers started parking in regular parking spots and now the entire neighborhood has less available parking. ...but at least they have lots of empty 'no parking zones' now.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:59:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have already explained that on page 1. If you do not want to read the thread then move along; I ain't doing your homework for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking safe thread.

DAY 1
 So THIS is what triggers millennials nowadays... 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:00:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking safe thread.

DAY 1
He is not wrong.  And it is not funny.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:03:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking safe thread.

DAY 1
What millennial do is NOT read the thread besides the OP and then expect everyone to catch them up on the topic on page 3.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:04:23 PM EDT
[#20]
I always appreciate when a cop lives in the neighborhood...and I always hope that he/she is not moving in next door to me.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:09:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
At some point I will see him and I will point it out to him in a professional manner. The conversation will center on him being a good representative of the police force. I would not start by going to his boss, I am not passive aggressive.

In regards to 'does he know he is parked illegally' yes he does. Permissible places to park on the street are outlined in white stripes and there are signs. The boxes end short of entrances to parking lots and near intersections to allow space for turning. This is where he parks.
View Quote
If he isn't blocking a car in, I would mind my own business.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:12:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking safe thread.

DAY 1
Actually, it is.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:17:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Is this within the municipality of Arlington, VA or some other town? I'm trying to understand this concept of parking squares designating a parking space such that not parking within the lines that delineate the spot constitutes a violation. I would need the chapter and verse cited to understand this as a ticket-able offense.

Because so many of us come from jurisdictions with very different rules, and different articulations.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:21:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Be glad there's a visible cruiser parked there.  Deterrent to crooks who wander into your hood looking to commit property crimes. 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:26:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Actually, it is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking safe thread.

DAY 1
Actually, it is.
It is to you because you have a warped sense of humor that must come from police work.  I get it. I would probably hate everybody too if i was a cop but if one has the maturity to see the world from other points of view, one would realize that not all people are bad and not all cops are good. Not all in any profession are bad or good but several of the leos on this site have a huge chip on their shoulder.

If it is that bad for you then please quit being a "peace" officer.  As to the op, I wouldn't mind the car being there, but the question is what would happen if the op parked that way.  Would he get a ticket or warning? If so, then the officer (if he has no reason)parks there, he should get a warning too.

If talking to him doesn't work, then go to the pd and file a complaint.  Lastly, if all else fails, you can go the youtube and facebook way.  This is an interesting time when much power is available to the citzenry so that they can document abuses of power.  In the old days, police could get away with more. Now they are being held accountable more and they don't like have their authority questioned and subsequently losing more and more of it over the people.

Good times and it is fun to watch the meltdowns.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:33:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That still doesn't necessarily make it illegal though.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:34:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I had a take home car. I  would get reemed by the brass if I got caught ( reported) parking illegally. So I didnt

Cause the world is full of people who got nothing better to do than worry about what I was doing.
View Quote
 I have two LEO in the neighborhood but they have their own driveways. In an effort to get more scrutiny of speeding traffic, I've offered to put in crush & run parking space and post it "Law Enforcement Parking Only". I wouldn't even think of complaining about how LEO parks.  I'm happy to have the visibility. 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:39:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Squad parked in the neighborhood...does it deter or increase crime in that neighborhood?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:40:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That still doesn't necessarily make it illegal though.
View Quote
In the GD world, it is illegal if someone FEELS it's illegal though.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:41:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Is this within the municipality of Arlington, VA or some other town? I'm trying to understand this concept of parking squares designating a parking space such that not parking within the lines that delineate the spot constitutes a violation. I would need the chapter and verse cited to understand this as a ticket-able offense.

Because so many of us come from jurisdictions with very different rules, and different articulations.
View Quote
It is not individual public parking 'boxes' on the side of the road. It is more like long white painted rectangles adjacent to the curb, with associated no parking signs at the ends, each rectangle usually has space for about four cars, though some might be up to eight or so. These rectangles end about one car length on either side of entrances to parking lots and at intersections, I assume to make room to turn in and also for line-of-sight when you are pullling out.

Not sure why everyone is getting sucked into exactly how he is parking illegally. He is parking in areas clearly labeled by signs 'no parking'.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:44:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:44:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I assume if asked why they chose their career most law enforcement would answer something related to providing safety to the citizens.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:46:37 PM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I assume if asked why they chose their career most law enforcement would answer something related to providing safety to the citizens.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/57330/LaughingNYPDCops-112595.jpg
Now that is flippin' funny!

Well played sir!!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:51:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Unless I see MSPAINT, this thread is dildos.
View Quote
I'll see his MS paint and raise it one video-- and don't hold the phone vertically!
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:53:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
OK. He is parked illegally. 

Question:  Does this guy parking his vehicle in these illegal locations in any way impact your ability to park near your house, access whatever roads/driveable surfaces you need to access, or hinder pedestrian traffic in any way?  IOW/ if this car were to suddenly not be there, would your parking situation (or the parking situation of your neighbors) improve? 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:54:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'll see his MS paint and raise it one video-- and don't hold the phone vertically!
View Quote
I ain't outing the guy. And not because he is a LEO; I would not out anyone for any reason.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:55:12 PM EDT
[#37]
How do you have time to worry about this AND post about it?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:56:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

He is a first responder.  He needs to be able to get to his vehicle quickly if there is an emergency.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:56:35 PM EDT
[#39]
At least he's not taking up one of the legal spots with his cruiser. He probably has a personal vehicle using one of the spots too, this way he only uses one of them.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:58:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Is this the cruiser OP?

Or this

Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:58:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
OK. He is parked illegally. 

Question:  Does this guy parking his vehicle in these illegal locations in any way impact your ability to park near your house, access whatever roads/driveable surfaces you need to access, or hinder pedestrian traffic in any way?  IOW/ if this car were to suddenly not be there, would your parking situation (or the parking situation of your neighbors) improve? 
View Quote
It does not affect me, he is about a block up the street. He does adversely effect, to a degree, folks trying to get in and out of the parking lot, hence why it is a no parking zone. Instead of being able to see around the corner it is sort of like driving forward out of a parking spot at the mall with cars parked on either side. You have to inch out and you cannot see until about a third of your car is out in the street. Speed limit is 25 so it is not like you are pulling into 50 mph traffic.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:02:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It does not affect me, he is about a block up the street. He does adversely effect, to a degree, folks trying to get in and out of the parking lot, hence why it is a no parking zone. Instead of being able to see around the corner it is sort of like driving forward out of a parking spot at the mall with cars parked on either side. You have to inch out and you cannot see until about a third of your car is out in the street. Speed limit is 25 so it is not like you are pulling into 50 mph traffic.
View Quote
If you lived a block up the street, I could see more of your point of view.  As his behavior has absolutely no impact on you, leave it alone.  If the people whom this conduct may actually affect are moved to report it, they will do so.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:06:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
So recently I noticed a police cruiser parked during off hours in my neighborhood. I am assuming a police officer has moved into the neighborhood but it could be that he is just visiting someone like a g/f. Not sure if officers in Arlington, VA bring their cruisers home with them.

Anyways, parking can be a bit tough in my neighborhood. Everyone gets one assigned spot but then there is a ton a street parking. I have never not been able to find parking within a half block of my house regardless of what time it was. But I will admit that right now, during the summer, seems to be the toughest time to find parking. Maybe relatives are visiting or college kids are home for the summer, etc.

Anyways, the six or so times I have seen the police cruiser parked it has been illegally parked each time. It pisses me off both that the officer in question thinks he is above the law but also for the message it sends of a lack of professionalism. 'I am a cop and look at my easily noticed vehicle, I do not have to follow the rules.' When I was a Marine I always realized I was representing the Marine Corps. Now I always remember I am representing DoD.

I assume if asked why they chose their career most law enforcement would answer something related to providing safety to the citizens. But the limits of where you can park are based on both safety and convenience of other motorists.

Opinions?
View Quote

How the fuck can you own a house and have to walk a half block to get to it? Does this house not have a fucking driveway?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:14:14 PM EDT
[#44]
It's worse when the cops follow the law.  I hate when you are going down the interstate and you run into a jam of vehicles because some stupid cop is driving speed limit +1 at the head of the pack and no one will pass.

It's much better when they come up from behind at +25 and everyone gets out the way and slows down for about 2 minutes and then resumes cruzin speed.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:20:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So recently I noticed a police cruiser parked during off hours in my neighborhood. I am assuming a police officer has moved into the neighborhood but it could be that he is just visiting someone like a g/f. Not sure if officers in Arlington, VA bring their cruisers home with them.

Anyways, parking can be a bit tough in my neighborhood. Everyone gets one assigned spot but then there is a ton a street parking. I have never not been able to find parking within a half block of my house regardless of what time it was. But I will admit that right now, during the summer, seems to be the toughest time to find parking. Maybe relatives are visiting or college kids are home for the summer, etc.

Anyways, the six or so times I have seen the police cruiser parked it has been illegally parked each time. It pisses me off both that the officer in question thinks he is above the law but also for the message it sends of a lack of professionalism. 'I am a cop and look at my easily noticed vehicle, I do not have to follow the rules.' When I was a Marine I always realized I was representing the Marine Corps. Now I always remember I am representing DoD.

I assume if asked why they chose their career most law enforcement would answer something related to providing safety to the citizens. But the limits of where you can park are based on both safety and convenience of other motorists.

Opinions?
View Quote

Representin', bro! I bet you tucked in your t-shirts and never forgot to wear a belt, didn't ya? Be honest....you like red satin jackets, dontcha!  
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:23:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:24:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

How the fuck can you own a house and have to walk a half block to get to it? Does this house not have a fucking driveway?
View Quote
Never been to Arlingtoon i see.

OP - you were a Marine.  Got a Sharpie?  Then you know what to do! 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:25:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Semper Caw Caw!

Do you worry about everyone's parking?  Maybe you should know about parking laws and regulation that exceptions are made for emergency vehicles.  Same thing goes when they use lights and sirens.  Or do you take pictures of all emergency vehicles when the go trough a red light?  The other day.... I saw a firetruck parked in the red fire lane zone next to a Starbucks as they went into Starbucks and Subway.  0-F's on my part.  Had it been a school bus.  Still 0-F's.  A soccer mom.  Same.  A 68 Impala with little tires.  That's right... zero eph's.

Since you open this massive problem of abuse and authority to the world, my advice, MYOB even if it wasn't a cop car.  You are not the meter maid.  But go ahead and continue with being the voice of justice if you must.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:27:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Still waiting for the video of extorris dancing with his boyfriend.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:30:41 PM EDT
[#50]
I can almost guarantee he's doing it to not steal prior residents parking spaces, and because he's the only resident that can get away with parking illegally without a ticket/tow.

I think you should just get over it bro. Worry about some real life problems.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top