Page / 11
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:01:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Derp

Roe vs Wade is settled science.
View Quote
Even if it was overturned it would just go back to the states, liberal states would allow abortion still.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:03:58 PM EDT
[#2]
My mind is sadly changing towards abortion.

I use it to win arguments.
They say 19 kids killed per day by gun, but fail to add that includes suicide and teenage gangbangers.
I then remind them if they cared about kids they would not support the THREE THOUSAND baby killing abortions that take place in the US daily.

The sad part of that number is if they keep 3000 babies a day, they are going to out breed us in no time.
I have three kids because thats what I felt I could afford and still give them a good life, everytime they pop one out, they get a welfare raise.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:09:13 PM EDT
[#3]
The .gov needs to work on more important shit than abortion.  

90% of the people that get abortions are the people you people don't want living near you. So go ahead and let them flush their blood clots that are growing inside them.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:10:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Continuing in that vein:
Doesn't that apply to virtually every law?

But what basis would have to be extant for this to even come before them?
View Quote
Gay marriage is a good example.  Thousands of years of marriage law in every culture wasn't enough to stop a ~ few years long push and a 5-4 supreme court to mandate it across the land.  Regardless of one's opinion of the merits or lack thereof of gay marriage, that's a startlingly rapid change for 5 people to make.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:11:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I think abortion should be free if it is for a minority or a female baby.

That really triggers liberals.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:11:59 PM EDT
[#6]
FFS, people seriously need to get over the whole abortion thing already.  Don't like abortion?  Don't get one!  It's not hard.  The people getting abortions are probably people who would make an absolute shit mother anyway.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:13:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I hope we stack the court, but it better not touch abortion shit.

I'd like to win another election in the next 50 years, but dumbfuck Social Conservatives, who define themselves solely on such social matters because economics and voting trends are hard, love to ruin everything.
View Quote
Bingo

As we saw in the last R primary: the derpy thumpers would rather lose the election and let the libs go hog wild for 4 to 8 years than stop spewing derp long enough to win. They would rather get nothing accomplished if they don't get their way.

But luckily for "the right" they are less relevant every year.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Roe v Wade was settled in the early 70's. Kennedy was confirmed in the late 1980's..why the talk about Roe vs Wade with him?
View Quote
I think he reaffirmed R v W during his tenure.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:16:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Que another fake / false Russian election rigging story in three, two, one...

Que another mass shooting in three, two, one...
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:19:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
FFS, people seriously need to get over the whole abortion thing already.  Don't like abortion?  Don't get one!  It's not hard.  The people getting abortions are probably people who would make an absolute shit mother anyway.
View Quote
It is generally good to oppose the murder of innocent people, regardless of what you think they might become in the future.  No serious advocate for liberty can condone such a thing.  Freedom to murder even the smallest subset of the population sets a dangerous precedent.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:24:04 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it keeps them from breeding children with their world views I don't care.
Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake. It's a mistake from an accountability-to-deity perspective if people choose to believe that as well.
The statistics on abortion dont support that. Thete is no demographic to it. Religious, non-religious, rich, poor, white or black, all equally likely to have an abortion.

I would say the under reported group would be affluent white suburban women who have the most to lose professionaly and socially by admitting to having an abortion.
Bullshit.

Black and hispanic women have abortions at greater than 300% the rate of non-hispanic white women.

Why would you post such an obvious lie?
It's a stupid argument.  Either you believe abortion is murder or you don't.  You don't make economic arguments for genocide. You don't need any reason to remove/destroy something you own that's not a life. 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:28:15 PM EDT
[#12]
So, Trump is going to replace a Reagan appointed conservative/libertarian justice with another (maybe) conservative/libertarian justice and we're creaming our jeans why???

I could easily see Trump saying, "Well, I got one conservative judge on the bench so I should balance it out with a [fucking scumbag libtard] because I was, after all, elected president of ALL Americans!"
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:29:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Do they have to use another nuke, or can we quickly get another constitutionalist in right away? 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:29:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So, Trump is going to replace a Reagan appointed conservative/libertarian justice with another (maybe) conservative/libertarian justice and we're creaming our jeans why???

I could easily see Trump saying, "Well, I got one conservative judge on the bench so I should balance it out with a [fucking scumbag libtard] because I was, after all, elected president of ALL Americans!"
View Quote
Because that seat would be filled for 20 - 30 years.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:29:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
First rule of Arfcom, don't believe the rumors.
View Quote
I thought it was "You do not talk about arfclub"?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:32:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'll hold off cheering until after the new nominee is announced. I could see Kennedy demanding a wishy washy replacement like himself or he won't retire. If he is demanding a replacement like himself he puts Trump in a tough position. If Trump doesn't give in and Kennedy stays on the court it most likely will give the Democrat the chance to replace him in the future. If Trump gives into his demand he will give the never Trumpers ammo.
View Quote
When Gorsuch got nominated, rumor was that Kennedy was very much relieved.  Since Gorsuch had worked with him previously he knew that Trump had chosen a very reasonable, respectable candidate.  If I recall, the discussion at the time was that the choice of Gorsuch was very likely to give Kennedy all the reassurance he needed to move forward with retirement.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:33:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Even if it was overturned it would just go back to the states, liberal states would allow abortion still.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Derp

Roe vs Wade is settled science.
Abortion isn't a liberal / conservative issue it's a religious right issue.

I'm all for abortion until the brain has formed enough to make the fetus more sentient than a cow.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:34:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

When we have these posts and I twist my mental Rollodex to come up with a suitable person Condolelezza Rice pops into mind. I suppose without a law degree that would be unlikely . I like and respect her and wish we could get her back into public service.
View Quote
HELL no.  How about someone who, you know, is actually conservative?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:35:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Abortion isn't a liberal / conservative issue it's a religious right issue.

I'm all for abortion until the brain has formed enough to make the fetus more sentient than a cow.
View Quote
It's very much a conservative issue.  It's also an issue if you value liberty, such as the right not to be murdered.  You can't have good or limited government if such principles are rejected.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:39:59 PM EDT
[#20]
before or after the decision to hear the conceal carry case?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:41:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Do they have to use another nuke, or can we quickly get another constitutionalist in right away? 
View Quote
Nuke is still in active.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:42:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Because that seat would be filled for 20 - 30 years.
View Quote
This is true.

If he selects another Scalia or Gorsuch.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:44:23 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it keeps them from breeding children with their world views I don't care.
Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake. It's a mistake from an accountability-to-deity perspective if people choose to believe that as well.
The statistics on abortion dont support that. Thete is no demographic to it. Religious, non-religious, rich, poor, white or black, all equally likely to have an abortion.

I would say the under reported group would be affluent white suburban women who have the most to lose professionaly and socially by admitting to having an abortion.
Bullshit.

Black and hispanic women have abortions at greater than 300% the rate of non-hispanic white women.

Why would you post such an obvious lie?
I read the report, and the data I had seen some years ago made the argument that corrected for demographics abortion rates showed no correlation.  That was the CDC again some years ago.

After reading this report I have to agree with the post above.  Abortions are in fact more common among black women.  Black women lean heavily Democrat... so yes they are killing themselves off at a higher rate.

Among the 29 areas that reported cross-classified race/ethnicity data for 2013, non-Hispanic white women and non-Hispanic black women accounted for the largest percentages of abortions (37.3% and 35.6%, respectively) and Hispanic women and non-Hispanic women in the other race category accounted for smaller percentages (19.0% and 8.1%, respectively) (Table 12). Non-Hispanic white women had the lowest abortion rate (7.2 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15–44 years) and ratio (121 abortions per 1,000 live births) and non-Hispanic black women had the highest abortion rate (27.0 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15–44 years) and ratio (420 abortions per 1,000 live births). Data for 2013 are also reported separately by race and by ethnicity (Tables 13 and 14).

Among the 20 areas that reported by race/ethnicity for 2007 (the first year with available data), 2012, and 2013, abortion rates decreased substantially for all three major racial/ethnic groups: for non-Hispanic white women, the abortion rate decreased 26% (from 9.3 abortions per 1,000 women in 2007 to 6.9 in 2013), for non-Hispanic black women it decreased 25% (from 36.8 abortions per 1,000 women in 2007 to 27.5 in 2013), and for Hispanic women it decreased 33% (from 20.8 abortions per 1,000 women in 2007 to 14.0 in 2013). Abortion ratios also decreased from 2007 to 2013. For non-Hispanic white women, the abortion ratio decreased 23% (from 145 abortions per 1,000 live births in 2007 to 112 in 2013), for non-Hispanic black women it decreased 17% (from 514 abortions per 1,000 live births in 2007 to 425 in 2013), and for Hispanic women it decreased 13% (from 209 abortions per 1,000 live births in 2007 to 181 in 2013).

I stand corrected.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:47:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It is generally good to oppose the murder of innocent people, regardless of what you think they might become in the future.  No serious advocate for liberty can condone such a thing.  Freedom to murder even the smallest subset of the population sets a dangerous precedent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Most of all, I am bewildered by feminazis who trumpet "I had an abortion!" as their way of giving The Patriarchy the middle finger, or by the staggering irresponsibility of a woman who chooses to use abortion as a means of birth control.  Those women must really have a hole in their hearts.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:48:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Are you being intentionally stupid?  Kennedy is 80 years old.  No matter what any of us would want he only has a few years on the court.  Would you rather Hillary or Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders be the one nominating his replacement, or Trump?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:49:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Nuke is still in active.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:53:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It's a stupid argument.  Either you believe abortion is murder or you don't.  You don't make economic arguments for genocide. You don't need any reason to remove/destroy something you own that's not a life. 
View Quote
So when the mother's life is at risk during pregnancy what do you do? Just let the mother die or have an abortion? If there is an abortion who get's charged with murder? In your words there is no grey ground with exceptions; it's all black and white.

Fucking can't fix stupid.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:55:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Please stop! I'm tired of winning!
#MAGA
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:57:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

So when the mother's life is at risk during pregnancy what do you do? Just let the mother die or have an abortion? If there is an abortion who get's charged with murder? In your words there is no grey ground with exceptions; it's all black.

Fucking can't fix stupid.
View Quote
In that very specific context it's not murder, or is at least excusable.  But IIRC, NavyDoc1 said that such represents a fraction of 1% of abortions in the real world.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:59:44 PM EDT
[#30]
I really hope Ginsberg, Breyer and Clarence Thomas go before midterms.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:01:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Jay Sekulow  would make the leftists cry. It will be interesting to see who gets the nomination. Good times.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:03:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The term is stare decisis.  It is not that a future SCOTUS cannot overturn previous decisions, it is that they should not overturn without good reason.  And meanwhile, lower courts are bound by that decision while it stands.
View Quote
You mean like McDonald and Heller
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:05:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The .gov needs to work on more important shit than abortion.  

90% of the people that get abortions are the people you people don't want living near you. So go ahead and let them flush their blood clots that are growing inside them.
View Quote
This.
I support their right to stop having babies.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:05:43 PM EDT
[#34]
<CoC>
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:15:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Roe v Wade will not be overturned.  It has been with us since the seventies, and it a matter that is considered steeled.  It is a matter of Stare Decisis.  (Stare Decisis is the doctrine that rules or principles of law on which a court rested a previous decision are authoritative in all future cases in which the facts are substantially the same.)

We claim Stare Decisis when attempts are made to undermine  District of Columbia v. Heller, and other recent decisions.

We do not want to start a war by overturning settled matters of law.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:18:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Here are Donald Trump's potential Supreme Court nominees:

1. Keith Blackwell

2. Charles Canady

3. Steven Colloton

4. Allison Eid

5. Neil Gorsuch - Seated US Supreme Court

6. Raymond Gruender

7. Thomas Hardiman

8. Raymond Kethledge

9. Joan Larsen

10. Mike Lee

11. Thomas Lee

12. Edward Mansfield

13. Federico Moreno

14. William Pryor

15. Margaret A. Ryan

16. Amul Thapar

17. Timothy Tymkovich

18. David Stras

19. Diane Sykes

20. Don Willett

21. Robert Young

http://www.businessinsider.com/president-elect-donald-trump-supreme-court-list
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Great news, anything to continue the left's massive unhinging.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:25:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't see Trump eager to please the leftists, who are clamoring for his murder, the jailing of his staff, and the slandering of his family...

I do see him likely to put someone like Rush Limbaugh on there just for spite.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:30:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Can you imagine the great flood of liberal tears if Trump replaced him and Ginsberg with 2 young Constitutionalist judges?
View Quote
Abortion rights is on of the main cornerstones to leftist theology If they even thought there was a chance that Trump would stick another conservative justice in there I think it would result in the leftist equivalent of popping P-mags.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:33:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:34:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

We do not want to start a war by overturning settled matters of law.
View Quote
We wouldn't be the ones starting it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:39:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:44:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

To get the base all riled up over "keep your laws off my body!" and "my body, my choice!"

The liberal obsession with the right to commit infanticide is truly sick.
View Quote
While it is, do you want these sub human breeding?

Think of all the leftists voters NOT casting a ballot because they were NOT born.

Its us or them.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 5:05:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Think of all the leftists voters NOT casting a ballot because they were NOT born.

Its us or them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To get the base all riled up over "keep your laws off my body!" and "my body, my choice!"

The liberal obsession with the right to commit infanticide is truly sick.

Its us or them.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 5:07:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Roe vs. Wade is here to stay, no matter who is in SCOTUS.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 5:09:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Can't come soon enough.

Need to retire RBG and the other old liberals.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 5:12:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
But, there was no chance of Hillary losing.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>

Dems were stupid. They should have made Ginsburg retire in Obama 2nd term. She wouldn't want to do it but let it be made clear to her that the idea of floating that she was no longer fit to serve was going to be brought up with her sleeping during proceedings and other stuff.
Hoping and waiting for Hillary to replace her was a bet she lost on. Now there's a good chance she'll die on the bench and get replaced by a right leaning judge.
But, there was no chance of Hillary losing.  
She lost to a rookie politician black senator with a muslim name. There was always a chance.
They were just too stupid to admit it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 5:19:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Gorsuch's only real gun ruling was in US v. Miguel Games-Perez in which he sided with a defendant who claimed he didn't know he was a felon and prohibited from owning a firearms. Overall his judicial temperament isn't that of the strict constructionist I was hoping for.

During his nomination hearings he paid lip service to DC v. Heller as being the law of the land, and if anything he isn't one to overturn precedent. That being said, he is not the guy I would have picked to be on the bench if by some miracle a right to carry or Hughes amendment case makes it to the court.

Hopefully the next pick is a 35 year old Alito or Scalia.
View Quote
gotcha thanks
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
jesus H christ.

the people here sometimes..

well, let me put it this way. you don't cease to amaze me 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 5:35:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Please stop! I'm tired of winning!
#MAGA
View Quote
We're not because we're no ways tired
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top