Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 6/23/2017 4:41:14 PM EDT
Am I the only one who thought this movie was complete and utter s&*(?

Sorry if I missed the thread about this.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:42:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought it was meh
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:42:31 PM EDT
[#2]
@swingset will testify.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:43:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw it at the theaters. I liked it, but I don't get all the great press it received. It won 6 Oscars and was nominated for 3 more.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:44:21 PM EDT
[#4]
nope, should have stayed home to wash my hair.....
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:45:10 PM EDT
[#5]
watch it again

it grows on you

I saw it in the theater, it was a remarkable spectacle on the big screen
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:47:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Great film.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:47:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought it was meh
View Quote
Same here,
Watched it, probably won't watch it ever again
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:50:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Better than The Hateful Eight
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:50:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe it's just me but I couldn't understand a fucking word anyone said the entire movie. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:51:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Better than The Hateful Eight
View Quote
Yea well mashed dog shit is better than that movie. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:53:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Great film.
View Quote
Not sure about great, but it was a lot better than the trash that hollywood had been putting out lately.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:54:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
@swingset will testify.
View Quote
I'm not saying it was terrible, just that people who liked it are blind and retarded, and fail at life. That's all.

Maybe it's the silver spray paint I've been huffing?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:54:48 PM EDT
[#13]
It was a big let down IMO.  Doubt I'll ever watch it again.  I loved the Mel Gibson stuff.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:55:29 PM EDT
[#14]
It's probably in my top 5 favorite movies of all time.  If it's not your thing, that's fine.  But if you actually pay attention and watch it repeatedly, you'll see that it is immaculately directed and filmed.  Every scene and line is meant to be there, and serves a purpose.  Important things are introduced before they are used again.  The action scenes are staged wonderfully, and you can actually tell what is going on and what caused what to happen.  The attention to detail is amazing.  Every character, even the small ones, have their own story, attitude, and personality.  It's not for everyone, but I loved it.  It's one of those few movies that I've studied end-to-end.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:55:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mediocre!
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:56:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, just you... That movie was awesome!
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:57:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
watch it again

it grows on you

I saw it in the theater, it was a remarkable spectacle on the big screen
View Quote
Yup. It's not like it had a great plot (and I didn't expect it to). But it was a very enjoyable watch in the theater. I watched once in 3D, and once in 2D. And it was just on TV a week or two ago and I watched the whole thing (even tolerating commercials). I liked it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:59:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It's probably in my top 5 favorite movies of all time.  If it's not your thing, that's fine.  But if you actually pay attention and watch it repeatedly, you'll see that it is immaculately directed and filmed.  Every scene and line is meant to be there, and serves a purpose.  Important things are introduced before they are used again.  The action scenes are staged wonderfully, and you can actually tell what is going on and what caused what to happen.  The attention to detail is amazing.  Every character, even the small ones, have their own story, attitude, and personality.  It's not for everyone, but I loved it.  It's one of those few movies that I've studied end-to-end.
View Quote
Every thing you said is spot on .... it will also be largely ignored or derided as hippy crap.

I've discovered that there are precious few students of film on this site. Most people are content to watch people in uniform blow shit up. Anything deeper than that and I think they get headaches, or something.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:00:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Very good flick. The only other max movie that comes close is Mad Max.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:00:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:02:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I thought it was meh
View Quote
It was a great big bowl of meh but covered in awsome sauce!!

WITNESS MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:03:25 PM EDT
[#22]
All I can say was I laughed, a lot.

This .......

Immediately reminded me of this...

Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:04:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Maybe I should watch again. All I remember is post-apocalyptic survivor guy happens upon Victoria's Secret model party...
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:07:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'm not saying it was terrible, just that people who liked it are blind and retarded, and fail at life. That's all.

View Quote
The movie sucked. I would rather dry hump a piece of splintered Balsa wood than ever watch that again.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:07:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:07:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:10:46 PM EDT
[#27]
As an addition to the Max Max & The Road Warrior timeline (I didn't like Thunderdome), it was an abject failure.

As a stand-alone action movie, it was even worse.

One of the worst movies I have ever seen.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:10:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Every thing you said is spot on .... it will also be largely ignored or derided as hippy crap.

I've discovered that there are precious few students of film on this site. Most people are content to watch people in uniform blow shit up. Anything deeper than that and I think they get headaches, or something.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think it's in my top 5 of all time, but I agree with everything else in both your posts. There are some groundbreaking films I'd have to rate above it on an all time list. But it is extremely entertaining and as Tick pointed out it's immaculately crafted. Very fun and interesting viewing.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:11:29 PM EDT
[#29]
I liked it, I took it for what it was and didn't expect an Oscar winning performance.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:13:13 PM EDT
[#30]
it was a very long back story and introduction to Max. He was not, however, the star of this movie. Hopefully he will be in the next one.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:16:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Some amazing visuals, sure. But I don't think I could tell you what the movie was about...

And if gas is so scarce, why do they travel around in massive convoys of 4-story-tall battle wagons?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:16:58 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote
I went with 3 buddies and we had to suppress laughter constantly to avoid missing dialogue. The whole movie was filled with escalations of absurdity. I just about fell on the floor when the huffers started swinging on the poles and then dying off, just hanging there as the action continued. I didn't think what had happened previously could be topped.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:17:34 PM EDT
[#33]
I think 90% of modern movies are total crap.

But I thought Fury Road was fantastic. Exactly what a summer blockbuster should be.

On the big screen is how it was meant to be watched.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:18:42 PM EDT
[#34]
I thought the cinematic value was really cool. That is about it though.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:19:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Movie was shit

But it looked great and had good stunts

It wasn't a mad max movie though
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:19:24 PM EDT
[#36]
All I know is Zoe Kravitz makes me feel really funny.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:19:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I went with 3 buddies and we had to suppress laughter constantly to avoid missing dialogue. The whole movie was filled with escalations of absurdity. I just about fell on the floor when the huffers started swinging on the poles and then dying off, just hanging there as the action continued. I didn't think what had happened previously could be topped.
View Quote
I'll revisit it as I watched it hung over as sin on a trip to my buddies house out of town while trying to choke down a bloody mary or two.  Absurd is a great descriptor.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:20:06 PM EDT
[#38]
It was better the second time.  That said, I doubt I'd watch it again if I have the choice.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:20:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@swingset will testify.

It was a mad Max movie, wtf were you expecting?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:22:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Was worth the $2 I spent to see it...
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:23:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I saw it at the theaters. I liked it, but I don't get all the great press it received. It won 6 Oscars and was nominated for 3 more.
View Quote
Dang Clark, you were serious.   I didn't care for it much.

Won
Oscar

Best Achievement in Film Editing

Best Achievement in Costume Design

Best Achievement in Makeup and Hairstyling

Best Achievement in Sound Mixing

Best Achievement in Sound Editing

Best Achievement in Production Design

Nominated
Oscar

Best Motion Picture of the Year

Best Achievement in Directing

Best Achievement in Cinematography

Best Achievement in Visual Effects

Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:24:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Great film.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:25:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Fat ugly women being milked.
All the men are related.
Real fucked up food/blood donor system
New meaning to milk truck carrying Mothers Milk for trade

Where the fuck did the pretty ones come from?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:25:40 PM EDT
[#44]
It is the most action packed film I have ever seen!

How could you not at least enjoy that?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:26:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nope. It was garbage.

You'd get dogpiled if you posted this on opening weekend though, the love for it was at ridiculous levels.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:27:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Maybe it's just me but I couldn't understand a fucking word anyone said the entire movie. 
View Quote
The US release of the original Mad Max had subtitles
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:28:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Feminist power trip of a movie associated with "Mad Max." 

Decent visuals , hopefully they actually have Max in more than 5% of the next one.

That said I've watched it a few times, so that makes it better than most of the Hollywood crap these days.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:31:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Horrible continuation of a fantastic genre defining series.  

Mad Max, then the Road Warrior, then....SHIT.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:32:43 PM EDT
[#49]
It looks fucking amazing and the action is neato, that makes up for the shitty story for me
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:33:34 PM EDT
[#50]
It was entertaining and horrible at the same time.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top