Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:19:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Added my 2 cents in on The Outdoor Trader.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:33:04 PM EDT
[#2]
The no response would make me real nervous, if he doesn't respond real soon and provide some info I would begin to consider it a possible fraud.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 6:02:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Sent him a message on Facebook too. 

I realize it's more than likely futile as this point. 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:37:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I made up a burner email at outlook.com and tried to contact him about his rifle with no response yet. Also sent him a message on Facebook and screenshot some of his friends list.

I realize it's more than likely futile as this point. 
View Quote
Interesting to see if he contacts you......
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:42:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:12:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the advice bama. Not really much i can do, so I'll do what I can and have to live with it. 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:19:41 AM EDT
[#7]
OP, are you interested in real estate investment?

I've got a bridge in a prime location that I'm about to list. If you send me the money order this weekend, I'll sell it to you instead of putting it on the market.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:19:57 AM EDT
[#8]
He claims on the ODT that it shipped this past Monday, He also claims to be in the military on Ft. Benning
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:37:41 AM EDT
[#9]
He also says that he has been in contact with the OP.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:51:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks for the advice bama. Not really much i can do, so I'll do what I can and have to live with it. 
View Quote
If you paid via USPS (postal) money order, you can report the seller to the USPS which can pursue him for *Federal* mail fraud charges:
https://about.usps.com/forms/ps8165.pdf

USPIS Website

Edit: Assuming he doesn't deliver. I would think anyone who is really a soldier would be keen not to run afoul of federal law.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:15:12 AM EDT
[#11]
He claimed to me to be in contact with the OP on Facebook just a few minutes ago . He refused when I asked for a tracking number
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:53:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Well... with any luck the 'sellers' FFL is a crappy and slow as one near me that sat on an outbound shipment for 3 weeks without alerting me (sender), the receiving FFL or the buyer a few years ago.  It didn't actually ship until I'd made a phone call to the ATF to see if they could help me get the gun back to take to a different dealer to ship.  I arocked the shit out of that FFL.... haven't been in his shop since.

I'm guessing OP isn't lucky enough to just have a shitty sending FFL.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:57:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
He claimed to me to be in contact with the OP on Facebook just a few minutes ago . He refused when I asked for a tracking number
View Quote
That he was. The inventory folks at the FFL are Mon-Fri so I'll be calling again Monday morning. He said he never got my emails from earlier this week.

Many thanks to the guys that contacted him. We messaged through email and Facebook so we'll see what happens. 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:11:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That he was. The inventory folks at the FFL are Mon-Fri so I'll be calling again Monday morning. He said he never got my emails from earlier this week.

Many thanks to the guys that contacted him. We messaged through email and Facebook so we'll see what happens. 
View Quote
Good luck!

Nice work, Whiskerz
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:12:58 PM EDT
[#15]
So did you finally get his ffl shops info to contact them?  You said they were only monday to friday so that means you have their full info, right?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:30:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So did you finally get his ffl shops info to contact them?  You said they were only monday to friday so that means you have their full info, right?
View Quote
Must have a range that's 7 days. The transfer/business folks are only in 5 days a week. That's what the gun counter guy told me. 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:16:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Must have a range that's 7 days. The transfer/business folks are only in 5 days a week. That's what the gun counter guy told me. 
View Quote
Good luck man... I hope it works out for you.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:04:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Hope it gets taken care of. This was a good example of how easy someone could get screwed on armslist. Face to face is the only way to do armslist.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:06:13 PM EDT
[#19]
He responded to me and said the rifle is still available.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:24:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Good luck!

Nice work, Whiskerz
View Quote
Thanks , I am not above giving the pot a stir
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:26:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You sent money for a buy off Armslist

Yeah, you got taken. Also, that prince in Nigeria isn't really sending you that money.
View Quote
Wish you the best though OP, just remember Armslist is really a FTF service rife with fraud.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:37:08 AM EDT
[#22]
FedEx tracking says it'll be delivered today. Will update with pics for proof when I pick it up. 

Thank you you to the guys that were able to contact him on the other site. He says my emails weren't arriving, so that's where the disconnect was. 
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:46:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Here she is! I can't say I'll be attempting that again. Made me think about doing my EE sales differently as well. Thanks again to the guys that decided to help instead of remind me how big a retard I was

Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:48:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Glad it worked out
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:58:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Wait what?  Did Arfcom/whiskerz seriously find that guy and help nudge this deal in the right direction so OP didn't get taken???     Hell yeah big thanks are in order.  Nice gun OP, and now with a decent backstory.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:07:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:13:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Glad it worked out
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:18:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Surprise ending.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:35:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Surprise ending.
View Quote
Huge surprise to see this outcome! I'm glad to see the ending in this thread and that the OP received his pistol. Many folks aren't so fortunate and have been burned doing just this type of deal. Count you're lucky stars OP and Kudos to those that helped out instead of bashing the OP! Bravo!
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:38:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Woohoo!
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:39:25 AM EDT
[#31]
OP is still a retard, just a lucky retard. 
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:43:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Exact reason why I stay the fuck away from Armslist. Absolute zero accountability. I got a kick out of trolling the fuckers who were selling 2500.00 SCAR H's when they were actually 4k.

There were many yes's to my main inquiry, "this is for the SCAR heavy, the one that shoots the .30-06x5.56x45 round, right?"

Fucking idiots.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:30:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Wow, it looks mint!
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:31:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Surprise ending.
View Quote
No kidding. Glad for ya OP
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:28:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Ya'll remember this the next time before you say "OP is dumb - you're SOL".  Look at the positive impact the hive can have if we're constructive :)
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 7:54:42 PM EDT
[#36]
That is OUTSTANDING!
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 7:57:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Happy ending!
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 8:11:41 PM EDT
[#38]
So now what will you purchase next on Armslist?
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 10:53:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Sometimes, that's all that matters

Quoted:So now what will you purchase next on Armslist?
I bought 5 USGI mags for it for $25 shipped  I'm done now!
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 10:57:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL

Glad it worked out
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 4:15:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Here she is! I can't say I'll be attempting that again. Made me think about doing my EE sales differently as well. Thanks again to the guys that decided to help instead of remind me how big a retard I was

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/WIZZO_ARAKM14/IMG_0898_zpsj7vmf3gb.jpeg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/WIZZO_ARAKM14/IMG_0899-1_zpsorjypfwl.jpeg
View Quote
Did your pistol cut itself shaving or are you blurring out the serial number with toilet paper?

Glad this all worked out for you OP and hope your mags show up, even though there is a huge price/loss difference between $525 and $25
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 4:17:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Glad it worked out for ya

Quoted:
Just dealt with this on armslist as well, guy copy and pasted the description and pictures from
someone's GunBroker ad.  Took 2 weeks from the time I flagged it as scam
on armslist to get an email back from them, all my communication with
the guy was shady as could be.  I sent copies of all the emails to his
local PD and also to the ATF tips email.
View Quote
At least 50% of the time anything we put on gunbroker that costs more than 2K , the pictures and copypata description turn up on armslist for 1/2 price within a week
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 4:18:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/WIZZO_ARAKM14/IMG_0898_zpsj7vmf3gb.jpeg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/WIZZO_ARAKM14/IMG_0899-1_zpsorjypfwl.jpeg
View Quote
Damn my nigga.....good thing it worked out but I think we all learned a lesson from this.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 4:23:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Did your FFL know it was a pistol? Individuals can not ship pistols. Except for repair or warranty work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My FFL sent him their copy so he had that info. I've never dealt with Armslist, only the EE and thought I'd give it a shot. I apparently hadn't heard anything bad either. 

https://www.armslist.com/posts/6923124/atlanta-georgia-handguns-for-sale--beretta-m9a1
Did your FFL know it was a pistol? Individuals can not ship pistols. Except for repair or warranty work.
That's false.....
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 4:39:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Good news.  It is nice to see people like Whiskers stepping in on the assist.  I am tired of these assholes robbing everyone and getting away with it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 4:46:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Says who?

Edit: Glad to see OP had a fortunate ending.  The ends don't justify the means, though: what you did was stupid with a capital and not to be repeated.  It is pure luck that your course of events turned to be from an "honest" delay rather than an outright scam.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 12:20:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Says who?

Edit: Glad to see OP had a fortunate ending.  The ends don't justify the means, though: what you did was stupid with a capital and not to be repeated.  It is pure luck that your course of events turned to be from an "honest" delay rather than an outright scam.  
View Quote
You are absolutely correct. I was just treating it like another EE transaction and wasn't using the little gray matter I actually do have. It'll be EE or FTF only for me from now on. 
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 12:59:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Exact reason why I stay the fuck away from Armslist. Absolute zero accountability. I got a kick out of trolling the fuckers who were selling 2500.00 SCAR H's when they were actually 4k.

There were many yes's to my main inquiry, "this is for the SCAR heavy, the one that shoots the .30-06x5.56x45 round, right?"

Fucking idiots.
View Quote
Armslist works just fine if you deal with local sales. I have gotten many good deals on Armslist, all FTF.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top