BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:53:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In a poor, po-dunk town the po-po parked in the median of a ~3 mile speed trap where the limit drops from 75 to a 35/20 school zone. Was not uncommon to get tickets for 1 or 2 miles over the limit. <Edited -40xb>
View Quote
No you didn't. You just swore to god under your breath you'd kick that cops ass as you drive away and fantasized about dropping nails.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:53:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Saw one running radar pretending to fish off an overpass in Florida.  I thought that one was pretty funny and I'm sure someone was dumb enough to fall for it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:54:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Guarding a cocaine shipment in South Florida 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:55:20 PM EDT
[#4]
In my bed.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:58:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Saw a guy hiding behind some gas pumps on the corner of a major intersection nailing people for running the red light. Oh wait, that was me.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:58:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Hiding in the little crossovers along the interstate.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:59:12 PM EDT
[#7]
There is a graveyard next to the highway that I use to ho to work. It's rural and has lots of big tombstones and mature trees. The county and state havs cars in there often enough to keep the speeders wary.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:59:56 PM EDT
[#8]
In Spokane there's a very well traveled street called Monroe. As you get closer to downtown, just past the Garland Theater, there's a semi steep hill. At the bottom of that hill are many buildings, a few of which have narrow spaces just big enough to fit a patrol car. For years the police have backed in between those buildings and waited for people. As you are going down a hill, of course unless you are paying attention your speed will increase. And the police are sitting right at the bottom of the hill waiting to scoop you up. You cannot see the patrol car and in fact they can't even see you until you pass in front of their radar. Fuckers.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:01:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Just over the hill on the downhill side of an on-ramp.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:02:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There is a graveyard next to the highway that I use to ho to work. It's rural and has lots of big tombstones and mature trees. The county and state havs cars in there often enough to keep the speeders wary.
View Quote
How could you ho there if the cops are looking for illegal activity?  Must put a hurting on the nights income.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:03:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My driveway. Which leads to two lane blacktop.

I told him I'd rather he didn't watch traffic from there. These days I'd probably just shrug and let him be sneaky on my property.
View Quote
A metro agency here gets home owners permission and then an officer will run the LIDAR from the property.

Usually a corner house on a side street to a busier roadway.
Officer would clock approaching vehicles from over the fence, usually the backyard.

Then the next couple of streets would be loaded with units waiting to connect with the donors as they drove by.

Our city did a mobile phone enforcement a couple of months back.
Kitty corner from the PD.
Officer in full uniform and jacket, with his truck parked in a grocery store parking lot.
He walker the corner by the grocery watching drivers.
He would even walk up to their vehicles while they were waiting for the red light screwing around on their phones.
Funny as shit, most people didn't even notice him standing behind their car while he radioed the other units the license plate numbers and other info.

The other units were parked behind a service station directly across from the PD.

My 4 year old thought it was awesome.
He even came over and talked to my son and explained what he was doing.
We watched him for about ten minutes.

Lot of donors that day
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:03:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
In Spokane there's a very well traveled street called Monroe. As you get closer to downtown, just past the Garland Theater, there's a semi steep hill. At the bottom of that hill are many buildings, a few of which have narrow spaces just big enough to fit a patrol car. For years the police have backed in between those buildings and waited for people. As you are going down a hill, of course unless you are paying attention your speed will increase. And the police are sitting right at the bottom of the hill waiting to scoop you up. You cannot see the patrol car and in fact they can't even see you until you pass in front of their radar. Fuckers.
View Quote
Where do they have their radar unit located if they back all the way in and can't see the traffic?
Without observing the vehicle prior to locking them in on the radar out traffic judges would toss the ticket. The radar was only to back up our visual observation and estimation..
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:06:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How could you ho there if the cops are looking for illegal activity?  Must put a hurting on the nights income.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:07:40 PM EDT
[#14]
MC cop parked behind a big ground mounted transformer,could only see one eye and the radar gun,always waved at him on the way to work.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:08:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I've seen a cop a little north of Springfield, Illinois sitting on a farm tractor in a field along side of I-55 radar spotting cars for a wolf pack a mile past the tractor.

Saw a cop sitting with a group of guys outside the VFW hall in a small town in Wisconsin.  He would be chatting with his friends and then when a car drove by he would spot them with a radar gun before going back to talking.

Saw a cop with a radar gun sitting on a horse where a local bridle path crossed a 2 lane highway.  He was radioing in speeds to a chase car up the road.

Saw a cop in a vintage squad car parked at a local cruise night.  He was writing tickets for burn outs, open headers, etc.  Word got out about him and that cruise was deserted the rest of the summer.  Needless to say the restaurant sponsoring the cruise was not happy to see their event die because of this cop.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:10:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I-10 Westbound in Louisiana on the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge.

State Trooper on the right shoulder, trunk up and 4 ways on, like he has a flat.  BUUUUT no!!!  He's hiding behind the truck lid popping speeders.

Crafty fucker.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:13:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Where do they have their radar unit located if they back all the way in and can't see the traffic?
Without observing the vehicle prior to locking them in on the radar out traffic judges would toss the ticket. The radar just backed up our visual observation.
View Quote
Honestly I'm not sure. But since before I was driving they have been parking there, and I've seen more than a few cars pulled over there. They may not do it anymore, I just texted my dad and he says he hasn't seen one there for years. But it used to be a well known speed trap.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:14:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Years ago there was this hobo looking guy on the side of the road near a crosswalk swaying back and forth.  I slowed down but it was clear he wasn't going anywhere, looked wasted.  So I just kept on going, wasn't going to waste my time on a fucking transient.

A block past that I got pulled over and given a warning for not yielding to pedestrians, turns out the 'hobo' was a fucking cop and it was a sting operation.  Ridiculous.
View Quote
Ah someone else pissed for breaking the law and getting caught.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:19:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
You apparently don't know how radar works
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#20]
airplane times car between lines on road, radios car ahead.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:22:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Sone years ago, I observed a St. Louis City Officer sitting in his patrol car at night, parked 50yds past the STL County line. That line that was marked with a "Begin St. Louis County Maintenance" sign.  OK, he damn well knew where he was.
I was pissed that he was hanging out in the County instead of working his (high crime) 6th District.  See, in the view of many STL County residents, STL City Cops are seen as not having the same high professional standards, (not as trustworthy) as our County Police.  City employees of questionable repute are one of the many reasons County residents fight STL City re-merging with our County.  "Fuck the City!" we say.

Observing this behavior, I parked my car at the county line and slowly approached with hands visible.  Within speaking distance, I calmly informed him he was in St. Louis County.  He said little or nothing, but as I returned to my car, STL County Police showed up. You know he called backup, but dispatch sent his call to County First Precinct because. . . it was their territory!    Well, I had a brief polite conversation with a County Sergeant, who then drove his car over to the City car. 
While you may say it what I did was ill-advised, you know what? He nor any other City officer was never seen parking in that part of STL County again! 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:23:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You apparently don't know how radar works
View Quote
I willingly admit I have no idea how police radar works. That being said, most people from Spokane will know the place I'm talking about, at the bottom of the Monroe Street hill. It has long been a speed trap.

Scroll down to third item. I'm not the only one.

ETA: Looks like the buildings in question are gone now, replaced with a single building and a parking lot. So this speed trap is obsolete. It was a good one in it's heyday.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:25:09 PM EDT
[#23]
in the sky

In my defense it was the flow of traffic and there were 8-10 other cars pulled over and when the cop on the ground was done with me he left his lights on and pulled over another car.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:29:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Nope. You got caught not yielding. That's on you. And not ridiculous. Its a good way to snag dangerous driving. (to pedestrians)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Years ago there was this hobo looking guy on the side of the road near a crosswalk swaying back and forth.  I slowed down but it was clear he wasn't going anywhere, looked wasted.  So I just kept on going, wasn't going to waste my time on a fucking transient.

A block past that I got pulled over and given a warning for not yielding to pedestrians, turns out the 'hobo' was a fucking cop and it was a sting operation.  Ridiculous.
Nope. You got caught not yielding. That's on you. And not ridiculous. Its a good way to snag dangerous driving. (to pedestrians)
Did the "hobo" actually cross the street after you passed? if not, fuck that he wasn't crossing the street, no need to yield.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:30:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Kentucky HP down in the woods in the median of I-75. I barely saw his bumper by chance. He had to do work over some time to clear a space in the trees.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:33:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Saw a blacked-out OKHP Charger sitting on the end of a line of cars at a local Dodge dealership

Whatchu got?
View Quote

I would park in an unmarked, 3 year-old Plymouth in a line of cars at a used car dealership.  Sometimes traffic would be moving slowly and a passenger would be looking over the cars, as they passed.  Passenger would do a double-take after realizing I was in the car.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:36:22 PM EDT
[#27]
A buddy is a moto cop and will sit in his garage at home with the door up, so he can sit back under cover inside and watch traffic on the street.

My favorite is a move I see most often with NYSP upstate. After they get a number of cars following them, going slow as shit, scared to pass, or a guy they know was driving like a prick until he spotted them, they will get off at the next exit, and then directly back on the on ramp, so they end up behind the vehicles they were just leading. The cars usually speed up when the trooper gets off, thinking they're clear to speed. Nope. They got me once on 87 up in the adaks doing this and now I catch it happening fairly frequently. I think it was Extorris who commented last time I posted this, saying it was for sure super common with NYSP.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:37:26 PM EDT
[#28]
The stall of a men's restroom tapping his foot.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:37:41 PM EDT
[#29]
In montana DUI enforcement is apparently a hazardous game for the state trooopers: sit on the shoulder, vehicle off,lights off, in a black vehicle and wait for the drunk to hit you
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:39:00 PM EDT
[#30]
On the other side of the gloryhole
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:41:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Sitting in a 2nd story office with a few patrol cars down the road.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:41:12 PM EDT
[#32]
In a bank parking lot near the drive through tellers. Waiting for people to take off without putting their seatbelts back on.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:42:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
St Ann MO, cops shoot radar from a hotel room they book.  Around 8,000 tickets per year from the stretch of road in front of St Louis Lambert Airport, 30% of St Ann's budget.  Money hungry bastards.
View Quote
St Louis County residents apologize for the predatory attitude of some of the jerk municipal officers.  During the Michael Brown / Ferguson unrest, one of the St Ann officers famous for working the I70 airport stretch Raymond Albers acted “without legal justification” when he pointed his assault rifle at a crowd of people, and that his threat to commit a felony — specifically, murder — according to attorneys for the state of Missouri say violated Missouri law.  
Look at the County cops with the WTF expressions as they observe Albers!
Lt. Albers was an asshole on the traffic duty, and it all came to a head when he had a rifle in his hands instead of a radar gun.     Luckily, under the glaring spotlight of the post Michel Brown investigations, his kind of jack-boot, predatory policing did not survive scrutiny. He no longer serves as a police officer, at least in our county he don't!!!  

St Ann along with nearly a dozen other municipalities were targeted by state legislators as predatory revenue agents against not only travelers on hwys that traversed their fiefdoms, but even against their own citizens.  Our legislature has passed a law that no more than 20% of a muni's budget can be garnered by tickets, and the reporting requirements are strict.  

Again, we apologize for the contemptible municipal officers. We've shut down some of the more egregious municipalities, put laws in place to control fiefdom revenue efforts, and to add - - St Louis County Police and Missouri Highway Patrol did not act in this way, and St Louis County Police and Missouri Highway Patrol adhere to much higher standards of police conduct and interaction with citizens!!
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:43:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Me and my brother-in-law where fishing off the bank at our local lake.  A guy comes walking down about 20 yards away and starts fishing, he has a tackle box and everything.....after about 10 minutes he starts making small talk, asking if anythings biting...etc.  About 5 minutes later he walks over, pulls his badge out and asks to see our fishing license.....he was a conservation officer.

He fished by us for about 10 more minutes, even caught a fish....then moved down the bank 100 yards or so closer to another fisherman.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:44:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Some cops really suck.
This outta state cop shows up at my house, made me board and feed him, pay for the training class we went to, used one of my pistols, shot MY ammo and then left.
Miss ya son
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:44:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Technically you're supposed to yield to pedestrians in a crosswalk....guess it's kind of a gray area whether and how to yield to a pedestrian on the sidewalk, near a crosswalk, acting crazy and indecisive.  Hence probably why just a warning.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:44:56 PM EDT
[#37]
A city cop parked on a side road running radar in a vehicle w/ Water Dept markings on it.   I didn't think much about it since the markings were clear as I came up on it, but then I realized the driver was in uniform and had a radar gun 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:45:19 PM EDT
[#38]
FHP in a blacked out Charger build his own "dug out" with a few dozen IO traffic cones and traffic barricades. It was like he made a couch fort in the middle of I-75. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:47:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Lt. Albers was an asshole on the traffic duty, and it all came to a head when he had a rifle in his hands instead of a radar gun. Luckily, under the glaring spotlight of the post Michel Brown investigations, his kind of jack-boot, predatory policing did not survive scrutiny. He no longer serves as a police officer, at least in our county he don't!!!
View Quote
I wonder if he ever paid off that credit card with the high balance.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:50:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I wonder if he ever paid off that credit card with the high balance.
View Quote
^ Extorris knows some of the back story on Albers!  Yeah, Albers was said to be in debt , which is why he racked up so much much overtime as a St. Ann revenue agent on hwy 70.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:53:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:57:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Construction zones in unmarked trucks with an amber light on the roof but a full red and blue light package you couldn't see till they came out after you.

Also had a local cop that likes to park his unmarked Impala on a used car lot. The state troopers who hide in the median behind overpass pylons where you don't see them till you pass them are sneaky pricks as well.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:00:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
We have a speed trap here where a cop sits in a lawn chair with a radar gun in the bushes alongside the road.

Half a mile further down the road the patrol cars wait for you to cruise by after officer lawn chair calls your speed out.
View Quote
Missouri Highway Patrol caught some flack two years ago for renting hotel rooms over looking the nearby interstates and shooting radar from the rooms then radioing it in to waiting troopers ahead. I think they quit doing that after all the news stations started showing up to question them about it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:03:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
lol

That's a bogus ticket I'd dismiss in a heartbeat if I were a traffic court judge.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:03:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
^ Extorris knows some of the back story on Albers!  Yeah, Albers was said to be in debt , which is why he racked up so much much overtime as a St. Ann revenue agent on hwy 70.
View Quote
I only know because he got doxxed following that incident and I read his whole credit report online.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:03:56 PM EDT
[#46]
 In a bar.
 Specific:  "Club Bar" in Homer, Alaska.
 Summer 1974,  police chief walks in front door just as young school teacher   is passing a joint... Chief intercepts, sniffs it, pinches it out, shakes his head... drops it on floor, continues through bar, walks out back door.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:05:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I have seen the Highway Patrol put up drug checkpoint signs, then a drug dog in use sign. They are all hidden on the other side of the next exit and never stop and check vehicles. After a few years of driving by this i finally noticed a cruiser with the roof line barely visible and what appeared to be a camera mounted on top pf the bridge wall. My guess is they watch people as they are reading these signs and start throwing stuff out the window. They always report a high number of arrest after they do this sting.
View Quote
Here they put that sign up before an exit. Usually it's an exit in the middle of cow country with no nearby towns. They then stop everybody who gets off on that exit as there is no checkpoint ahead.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#48]
School bus got pulled over when I was a kid.  County motorcycle cop would sit at the end of his driveway.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:16:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Back in the day the local public school used these real large black garbage bag and would stack them to about waist high on the street.  My partner would cut a hole in the bag and pull it over himself.  He would stand next to the garbage pile  so that he could use bino to monitor the local pharmaceutical  street sales rep.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:18:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
Saint Ann PD had another black eye a few years early when they sold a surplus cruiser still marked with the lights and the new owner used it to pull over women and rape them.

I bet somebody got more than an ass chewing over that.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top