Page / 6
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:48:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Watch kid get on the bus
Watch TV, Facebook
Maybe cook a meal

That went on for the last 12 years, she finally got a part time job this year.
View Quote
^ this ..Mine is starting to look for part time work .
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:50:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Wife is a school teacher, today is her last day of class. From here on until school starts again, she gets to be a domestic goddess lol.

I don't mind - house is very clean (we both split chores otherwise), pantry is full, and I don't have to sit and watch boring netflix shows . Also, she earns her summer break after dealing with the shitstains at school all year. Hopefully this other school will pick her up, which means she's happier, and she brings home more $$.

The only drag with her being at home over summer is "my" time is reduced, because she wants to spend time with me to compensate for the fact that she's been home alone all day. Sounds selfish, but I start lashing out if whatever free time I have gets monopolized, and choice is taken away from me.

When she's working, we split chores fairly evenly. We don't have/won't have any kids, so we'll always be a dual income household barring temporary job loss.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:51:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That's a pretty ignorant statement, their greatest ambition is raising our kids right and being there to help them with homework, ensure their safety, etc.

But that brings up a big sigma item from men and women who consider a stay at home mom some sort of sell out or lazabout.  It's a job like any other, everyone has a part.

Sorry Archie Bunker, times they be a changin'
View Quote
Agreed, its one of the hardest jobs out there. The above comment is right inline with the radical feminist ideology.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:55:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Agreed, its one of the hardest jobs out there. The above comment is right inline with the radical feminist ideology.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a pretty ignorant statement, their greatest ambition is raising our kids right and being there to help them with homework, ensure their safety, etc.

But that brings up a big sigma item from men and women who consider a stay at home mom some sort of sell out or lazabout.  It's a job like any other, everyone has a part.

It is, and it's sad. Dismissing the merit of staying at home to raise children and keep house because you can pay someone else to do it is pretty screwed up.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:55:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Cleans, cooks, works out, runs errands, takes care of anything I can't due to being at work
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:56:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Step back and consider the irony in you choosing to direct your gripe, not to the man whose post demeaned stay-at-home-wives/mothers, but to the woman who said he was going to be chastised.  I do love this place so.
View Quote
Not ironic at all.

You claimed : those who are profoundly resentful

Among a bunch of posts by men who adore, respect, admire and appreciate their wives.

I followed it up with an admonition to the men who were disappointed in their choice that they likely got what they deserved.

You choose to only see the bad in men, here. When there are many more decent and good guys than bad. That says more about you than them.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:56:45 PM EDT
[#7]
If she stays at home her job is all the household chores.
Cooking, cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, taking the kids to soccer and the doctor, etc.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:57:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine cooks and cleans very little. But she makes $175,000 / year talking on the phone in her pajamas.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:57:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
they initially justified their laziness as being able to care for the children, then they realized that getting a nanny and farting around all day is much more productive.

Not to be outdone, one of my friends is an interventional cardiologist and she spent all night on a difficult case and comes home in the morning to find her stay at home husband drunk and passed out on the couch because he was playing call of duty all night and can't  drive the kids to school.
View Quote
Where can I get a gig like that?  
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:59:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

...well i mean...that's pretty much what you're telling mom to do...

give up on your career, throw away that fancy diploma, and get a sugar daddy so you can be a stay at home mom.
View Quote
You are assuming that the husband is telling the mom what to do.  I put my wife into the alpha female, grizzly mom category.  She decided she was going to raise her kids and not pass them off to a daycare center for 8 hours a day.

There are women out there that make that choice.  My wife worked in a daycare center when she was in high school and college, she knew kids are not getting the care and attention they need to develop to their full potential.  

Not to mention there is a whole lot of biological drive for women to be with their infants, and lets not get started on the whole breast feeding thing.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:03:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
You have to hang out with female med students, cull the strongest from the herd, and convince her she can't live without you.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:03:21 PM EDT
[#12]
is this now a post a pic of your hot stay at home wife who gets it done thread?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:05:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
tell your wife that you have a toxic job, are unhappy, and need to take some time off to find yourself.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:07:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You are assuming that the husband is telling the mom what to do.  I put my wife into the alpha female, grizzly mom category.  She decided she was going to raise her kids and not pass them off to a daycare center for 8 hours a day.

There are women out there that make that choice.  My wife worked in a daycare center when she was in high school and college, she knew kids are not getting the care and attention they need to develop to their full potential.  

Not to mention there is a whole lot of biological drive for women to be with their infants, and lets not get started on the whole breast feeding thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...well i mean...that's pretty much what you're telling mom to do...

give up on your career, throw away that fancy diploma, and get a sugar daddy so you can be a stay at home mom.

Hell, my wife staying home saves me money.. daycare for 3 kids below school age would be expensive as hell.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:07:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It is, and it's sad. Dismissing the merit of staying at home to raise children and keep house because you can pay someone else to do it is pretty screwed up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The duality of GD: hate feminists and stay at home mom's equally.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:19:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't win for losing!
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:29:37 PM EDT
[#17]
We have 3 kids ages 6, 3, and 7 months.  She homeschools the oldest and takes care of most of the house stuff, groceries, and cooking.  I also let her handle/monitor the majority of our finances.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:30:31 PM EDT
[#18]
I do love the hypothetical conversations I've been having with my girlfriend lately.

If we get married, will you still love me if I quit my job?

Oh baby, I love you so much I'll quit my job as a sign of solidarity.

That's not fair, I'm really tired and stressed out from my job.

And I'm not?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:30:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You are assuming that the husband is telling the mom what to do. I put my wife into the alpha female, grizzly mom category.  She decided she was going to raise her kids and not pass them off to a daycare center for 8 hours a day.

View Quote
oh so it's the mom telling the husband what to do....go work so i can stay home?????  hum....i'd rather not live with an elitist jerk wife that just sees me as a source of income.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:33:26 PM EDT
[#20]
My wife tried it a few years when our second kid was a baby.  I didn't work very well.  Not that I'm an old school Archie Bunker type, but I had the expectation that she'd at least do something productive around the house, but no.

Even now that she's working full time she's still dead weight around the household.  Most of the time it's like she's just another kid in the house and I'm the only adult.  I am trying my best to train my two girls (6 & 9).  They have their chores and responsibilities.  The wife is starting to make an effort now as the kids are getting older.  Kids are brutally honest at that age and they pick up on things around the household.  They have questioned her at times about her "never helping".
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:35:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Wow. Did you notice the part where I work a full time job?

Anyway, I would vastly prefer to stay at home full time. It's hard keeping that schedule, and my husband feels like a single dad on the nights I work. Scheduling appointments is trickier, someone's having to take off work any time one of the kids is sick, and finding childcare that you can trust is exceedingly difficult. Yes, you can keep up with it, but it adds to the mental load. You can have all the disdain in the world if it makes you happy, but there is value in staying home, raising children, and making the working spouse's life easier by shouldering the majority of the household work. If you don't see it, that's on you and no one else.
View Quote
what i see is a bunch of controlling wives taking advantage of their husbands....not saying that's you but based on a lot of comments here the anecdotal evidence is pointing in that direction
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:36:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

oh so it's the mom telling the husband what to do....go work so i can stay home?????  hum....i'd rather not live with an elitist jerk wife that just sees me as a source of income.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:38:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

is for people that don't have this shit worked out BEFORE they get married....
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:42:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Cleans, cooks, works out, runs errands, takes care of anything I can't due to being at work
View Quote
Same here.  Add handles the finances and has sex with me when she's not tired, a must see novela, or on that time of the month (dead cat is our code word),  Plus goes to the mall, Ulta, and whatever discount clothes stores and I do whatever the hell I need to do to make her happy.  It's not hard.  No issues no dramas.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:43:24 PM EDT
[#25]
My wife goes to school part time and doesn't have a job. She HANDLES everything around the house. 
She cooks all the meals, except for the occasional meal on the weekends, takes care of the laundry 99% of the time, cleans the house 3 times a week, and handles all of the finances. 

She's not lazy at all and I'm extremely grateful for all she does for me. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:45:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Grocery and household shopping, helps the kids with their homework, wakes them up and gets them ready for school, takes them to school and picks them up, makes their lunches, does laundry, general household cleaning, schedules and handles any service visits (lawn, pest, cable, appliance, etc), takes the kids to the doctor when needed - she basically runs the house. 

I cook dinner (the family eats a from-scratch meal every night), because I'm really good at it and it feels like a hobby. I also handle the finances, because I'm a nerd about it and enjoy doing it. I handle the dinner dishes nightly, because there tends to be A LOT after I get done cooking (I get pretty elaborate at times). 

We're both pretty happy with the division of labor. Her handling the household like a pro is what has allowed me to focus so much on my career, and allow us to live very comfortably on one income. I couldn't do it without her. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:46:09 PM EDT
[#27]
She's kind of been one for the past six months because of a layoff.  Her time is spent doing:

-Job searching
-Interviewing
-Laundry
-Yard work
-Bills / Financials
-Job searching
-Cooking
-Exercising 4/week
-Cleaning
-Job searching
-Interviewing
-Taking care of neighbors pets
-We have a 16 year old, whom she takes to work
-Anything else that I reasonably ask for

And her income is usually 60% of our total, so........
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:46:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Most of know of are entitled princesses with their husband's credit card and "medical reasons" why they can no longer contribute. Almost all sit on their fat asses all day and complain when their sucker husband gets home.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:50:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
You're mostly right, except cutting the grass is your job, not hers.  Assuming you're in good health and all.
View Quote
I farm it out. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:51:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I don't see how some of you do it.  I could never be married to a woman whose greatest talent/ambition in life is cleaning and dishes....what a waste.
View Quote
It was her choice to do so.  And she is an accomplished recording artist too.

And she has also raised two very happy well adjusted children as well as 3 step kids. 

Happy wife, happy home, happy life.  How is that a waste?

On your last hour on this earth let's see how talent and ambition will be there for you.  Her talent and ambition is to raise the best possible family she can.  This include cleaning and dishes amongst other things.  Sorry you are not getting it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:54:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I do love the hypothetical conversations I've been having with my girlfriend lately.

If we get married, will you still love me if I quit my job?

Oh baby, I love you so much I'll quit my job as a sign of solidarity.

That's not fair, I'm really tired and stressed out from my job.

And I'm not?
View Quote
That's what we would call a red flag. A great big one. One that only a fool ignores at their peril.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:55:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
It seems one group considers it a choice for a woman to go to college and start a career, while women who stay at home to run the household/raise children only do so out of lack of opportunity/patriarchy enforced gender-roles.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:56:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

And she has also raised two very happy well adjusted children as well as 3 step kids. 

On your last hour on this earth let's see how talent and ambition will be there for you.  Her talent and ambition is to raise the best possible family she can.  This include cleaning and dishes amongst other things.  Sorry you are not getting it.
View Quote
could it have been your choice or would she not of taken it so well?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:59:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I couldn't do it without her. 
View Quote
Don't forget to tell her that.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:01:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Another example of you not understanding a healthy marriage.

One doesn't tell the other what to do or not to do.

One marries the person who would already decide on their own to do what one would have wished them to do in the first place.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:05:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I don't see how some of you do it.  I could never be married to a woman whose greatest talent/ambition in life is cleaning and dishes....what a waste.
View Quote
The "do you let your Wife drive on road trips" thread I read the other day really opened my eyes to how many dudes on here are married to high functioning retards.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:08:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I told her whatever she wanted to do I'd support it 100%.  She dumped her reps the day we met (coincidence).  It cost a lot of money to pursue that path.  Only a very few make it to the big leagues and they are very dedicated. 

The one thing I tell my kids to be when they are an adult is to be happy.  Or will your tombstone say "Here lies Spyder1329.  Beloved AR15.com team member with XXXX post count and outstanding employee in his career field who refused to waste his talents"?

ETA:  After seeing some other replies I've concluded either you've had a bad experience or you have all the answers.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:09:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

what i see is a bunch of controlling wives taking advantage of their husbands....not saying that's you but based on a lot of comments here the anecdotal evidence is pointing in that direction
View Quote
That dynamic exists in some marriages and not in others. There are plenty of other anecdotes where the stay at home wife is extremely productive and her efforts are very appreciated. What you're seeing are stories of dysfunctional people in dysfunctional relationships acting in dysfunctional ways. The stay at home part is incidental to the dysfunction.

Willfully ignoring the good anecdotes and focusing on the bad creates confirmation bias to support your already formed opinion on the matter.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:12:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I couldn't do it without her. 
Almost every day. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:12:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I told her whatever she wanted to do I'd support it 100%.  She dumped her reps the day we met (coincidence).  It cost a lot of money to pursue that path.  Only a very few make it to the big leagues and they are very dedicated. 

The one thing I tell my kids to be when they are an adult is to be happy.  Or will your tombstone say "Here lies Spyder1329.  Beloved AR15.com team member with XXXX post count and outstanding employee in his career field who refused to waste his talents"?
View Quote
....i don't know about that
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:13:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It's a real simple agreement between my wife and I, she is responsible for everything to run the family and I am responsible for making the money to allow for that.

I do most of the lawn care, major repairs, technical stuff, etc...

There was a big learning curve for the first two years and it sparked a lot of fights but we have both learned our roles and settled into them just fine.
View Quote
Identical experience.  Now that the kids are grown, she has her own business cleaning houses.  We share just about all the chores now.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:21:12 PM EDT
[#42]
I think a $750,000 house, living off of someone else's six-figure salary, a nice car,  expensive vacations, expensive gifts, and all sorts of creature comforts can turn even the most awesome, cool, fun woman into a member of the parasite class.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:22:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Another example of you not understanding a healthy marriage.

One doesn't tell the other what to do or not to do.

One marries the person who would already decide on their own to do what one would have wished them to do in the first place.
View Quote
so you're just supposed to know, through osmosis, and you aren't supposed to question the "system"
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:32:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I think a $750,000 house, living off of someone else's six-figure salary, a nice car,  expensive vacations, expensive gifts, and all sorts of creature comforts can turn even the most awesome, cool, fun woman into a member of the parasite class.
View Quote
I have seen this many time.  I live in a very affluent area, and know a lot of people in town.  I see wives who have it all...10K sf houses, vacations, nannies, anything they want from a money standpoint.  then they sit around and get fat....what they don't realize is that if it wasn't for the predominant religion around here, many of them would have been out the door years ago.  (it still happens of course).

If it wasn't for the religion, their husbands would have traded them in for a newer model.  Their husbands don't need them....yet those women couldn't survive a month in the real world.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:36:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I have seen this many time.  I live in a very affluent area, and know a lot of people in town.  I see wives who have it all...10K sf houses, vacations, nannies, anything they want from a money standpoint.  then they sit around and get fat....what they don't realize is that if it wasn't for the predominant religion around here, many of them would have been out the door years ago.  (it still happens of course).

If it wasn't for the religion, their husbands would have traded them in for a newer model.  Their husbands don't need them....yet those women couldn't survive a month in the real world.
View Quote
religion and/or alimony
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:46:16 PM EDT
[#46]
If you wanted a productive stay-at-home spouse, you should've married a dude.

Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:47:31 PM EDT
[#47]
EJECT!

Seriously though she isn't sticking to the agreement you made.  There needs to be a serious discussion about that.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:50:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Mines great at converting O2 into CO2.....

Shes does literally NOTHING but sit and watch TV or screw around on Facebook. No cooking, no cleaning, no dishes, no laundry. I literally do whatever needs to be done 99 times out of a 100.

If I could I'd have a bed at work so I didn't have to go home.
View Quote
Me, too, then she gets pissed when I pass out at 10:00..she stays up all night. Her motto, I am serious, is fuk all night, sleep all day...
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:50:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

so you're just supposed to know, through osmosis, and you aren't supposed to question the "system"
View Quote
You can't know every single decision they're going to make.

You can date and live with someone long enough to know their character and attitude, work ethic, how they handle stress and when things go badly, their spending habits, how they treat others.

No guarantee they won't change but generally people don't change much. They may seem to change because you've ignored certain aspects of their behavior that should have been a clue.

Things like: We hadn't been living together for more than a couple months when AIM had some deals on rifles and ammo. I brought home an armload of rifles and bed full of cases of ammo. As I'm unloading it, I'm explaining how fleeting these sorts of deals on surplus are.

First words out of her mouth were "Well, should we go buy some more"?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:53:04 PM EDT
[#50]
For the first ten years my ex stayed at home with the kids. Then her lifestyle took more than my income.

I told her she had to get a job. By then the kids were all out of diapers and or in school. Her bitterness was immeasurable.

She said the following repeatedly.

"Any man whose wife has to work is a loser."

I tried for years too win her love and respect.

At one point she simply quit working and did nothing but run around with her divorced friends. You know where that ended. She didn't cook or clean.

By then we had a daughter in college and our income was cut in half.  I kept the bills paid but I am ashamed to admit that I padded my expense account to do so. I was desperate.

She did that for a couple of years. She later started working again, opened her own account and left five months later. I was heartbroken but it was a blessing she left.

During mediation the paid mediation referred to her as "the psycho bitch from Hell."

The divorce saved my life. But it left me and our surviving children horribly damaged all because she had a sense of entitlement.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top