Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:23:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mines great at converting O2 into CO2.....

Shes does literally NOTHING but sit and watch TV or screw around on Facebook. No cooking, no cleaning, no dishes, no laundry. I literally do whatever needs to be done 99 times out of a 100.

If I could I'd have a bed at work so I didn't have to go home.
View Quote
thanks for saving me the effort of typing the same thing
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:23:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I don't know how more stay-at-home wives don't evolve into self-entitled, lazy, fat, pussy mongers. Have you seen daytime TV lately? "Poor me", "I shouldn't have to...", ''he oppresses me and stifles me", "maybe I'm a lesbian", and on and on. Pure commie anti-family propaganda...and it works! 

Those of you who have wives that stay too busy to turn into fat, lazy, neurotic slugs are truly blessed. You have a one-in-a-million wife

The rest of you...well...you have to make do. Having kids severely limits your recourse.

If you don't have kids, I've found that "You're fired! Hit the fuckin bricks" works well - just do it over the phone so she can't say you 'domestic violenced' her. 
View Quote
You're right. She has an INFJ personality which literally is a one-in-a-million personality type. I'm sure her personality contributes to her meeting everyone else's needs before her own, but she was brought up right too. I don't deserve her.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:24:53 AM EDT
[#3]
My wife is not a morning person.  But she doesn't sit still all day long.  She gardens, cleans constantly, ferries the kids around, including to and from private school each day.  She's already put 30k miles on her new vehicle in little over a year. She cooks as well, except when I grill steaks or something.  And she goes to the gym and maintains her muscular little 115# figure.  Honestly, I wouldn't give a shit if she sat on her ass all day so long as she was a good mom to the kids.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:25:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine is less strict than I am at keeping the house clean or organized during the day. I usually end up picking up clutter and doing the dishes in the evening. She's not a slob by any means and I grew up in a very OCD level tidy house, we just meet somewhere in the middle.

The kids are always very well taken care of.

Cooking chores are split, we both enjoy cooking.

We have two kids, a 3 1/2 year old boy and 4 mo girl. Our son is pretty intense and is a handful so I don't blame her if he's having a bad day and not a lot gets done..there is a very noticeable difference in the state of the home when he is having a good day and is cooperating.

I usually get up with the kids and let her sleep in until 7-730 since she is usually up at night multiple times with the baby. I don't help with the baby during the night unless something is really wrong.

The number one thing that bothers me is when I've had a long day at work and as soon as I get home she basically throws the kids at me and walks away to go take a bath or shower. Her attitude is that since there are no kids at work I've just been on a giant relaxing break  (you know, that's why it's called "work") and I got all that nice alone time driving 45 minutes each way.

We have the same plan of wife going back to work when kids are at school but I'm not worried about her backing out of that. She's not the type to want to sit at home with nothing to do if the kids aren't in the house
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:27:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You're right. She has an INFJ personality which literally is a one-in-a-million personality type. I'm sure her personality contributes to her meeting everyone else's needs before her own, but she was brought up right too. I don't deserve her.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know how more stay-at-home wives don't evolve into self-entitled, lazy, fat, pussy mongers. Have you seen daytime TV lately? "Poor me", "I shouldn't have to...", ''he oppresses me and stifles me", "maybe I'm a lesbian", and on and on. Pure commie anti-family propaganda...and it works! 

Those of you who have wives that stay too busy to turn into fat, lazy, neurotic slugs are truly blessed. You have a one-in-a-million wife

The rest of you...well...you have to make do. Having kids severely limits your recourse.

If you don't have kids, I've found that "You're fired! Hit the fuckin bricks" works well - just do it over the phone so she can't say you 'domestic violenced' her. 
Sir, you are a lucky man. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:30:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Step back and look at how your comment sits among all the posts by men showing nothing but great adoration and appreciation for their wives.

I feel sorry for the few who married so poorly but I expect you get out what you put in, mostly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As you are about to learn, there are not only men here who can do it, there are those who are profoundly resentful that some women seek to rise above their proper station in life.
Step back and look at how your comment sits among all the posts by men showing nothing but great adoration and appreciation for their wives.

I feel sorry for the few who married so poorly but I expect you get out what you put in, mostly.
Step back and consider the irony in you choosing to direct your gripe, not to the man whose post demeaned stay-at-home-wives/mothers, but to the woman who said he was going to be chastised.  I do love this place so.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:35:40 AM EDT
[#7]
When mine got pregnant with our firstborn, I crafted a "Scholarship" letter for her (as a joke). 6 year, full-ride. When she got pregnant the 2nd time, I extended her scholarship. At first I was a little worried b/c she was a high earner but things run so well at the house, I wouldn't have it any other way.

She does all the shopping, bill paying, cooking, laundry, scheduling of cleaning/exterminator/yard/pool/etc. and manages my personal (non-work) schedule (events, Dr. appointments, etc.). Add in two kids and she doesn't stop moving all day. Our home is a well-oiled machine and this frees me up to be an all-star at work.

Btw, I told her (also as a joke) that as a scholarship athlete, she must maintain Div I fitness levels and that we would build out our athletic training facilities accordingly (I got her a high-end treadmill and spinning bike). She has, without a doubt, held up her end of the agreement!

When I met her

After kids
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What does your wife accomplish during the day while you are at work? What time does she get up? Who does the cooking cleaning Etc?

ETA: when we had our first kid the agreement was my wife would stay at home until all of the kids were in school full time. Now they are.

After several discussions shall we say she finally got a part-time job at a local school as a lunch mom. 2.75 hrs per day when school is in.  

We go to bed at the same time, I get up between 4 and 5, she gets up around 7 when school is in.  When school is not in session she gets up in time to make a 9 a.m. class at the gym a couple of times a week.  She also walks at the gym a couple of times a week

Maybe I expect too much but I think she has plenty of time to stay on top of the shopping cooking cleaning laundry cutting grass.  She does most of the cooking, I help with the housework, yard work and laundry.

Yet she seems to always have plenty of time to play games on her phone and tablet.  

I feel she should be up and moving by 7 a.m. at the latest every day with the house being a priority
View Quote
My wife raises both of my daughters, 3 and 8. We homeschool so they're both home all day. She usually gets up about the time I'm leaving for work, so 8:30. She cooks breakfast and lunch for her and the girls, and dinner probably five nights a week; she'd do seven but I like to order dinner in if I see she's had a rough day to take it off her plate.

Do I help with the housework when I'm home? Sure, if it needs to be done. Everyone falls behind on things sometimes and my job is to be her support system. If it were a regular thing and expected of me I'd want to sit down and discuss our arrangement, but it's not. The only thing I'm really responsible for in the home is taking out the trash and fixing shit that breaks. If we had a lawn I'd mow it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:38:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Step back and consider the irony you choosing to direct your gripe, not to the man whose post demeaned stay-at-home-wives/mothers, but to the woman who said he was going to be chastised.  I do love this place so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As you are about to learn, there are not only men here who can do it, there are those who are profoundly resentful that some women seek to rise above their proper station in life.

Step back and consider the irony you choosing to direct your gripe, not to the man whose post demeaned stay-at-home-wives/mothers, but to the woman who said he was going to be chastised.  I do love this place so.
I probaly don't need to speak for Ridge, but this is GD.  The vast majority of the dissenting posts only deserve a "" in reply.  The one you're speaking to was potentially/probably just hit-and-run trolling. Yours usually merit an actual response.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:54:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I find it very curious that Fenminism has been built on such a deeply sexist trope.

The assumption that work outside the home is automatically superior to home-making.  I acknowledge the individual income does buy some "freedom" but  Let us not forget that women abandoning home-making means men have had to learn, the "freedom" cuts both ways.  My grandfather never (no joke, never) did a load of laundry, if my wife left tomorrow the house would be maintained.

It seems they're determined to deny the opportunity cost and to boldly and fundamentally assume the traditional male role as the better? No wonder that movement is so fractious now. 

Note on bias:  my wife is awesome, and she works from home part time doing what she wants and takes care of our little one, along with about 1000 other things
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I find it very curious that Fenminism has been built on such a deeply sexist trope.

The assumption that work outside the home is automatically superior to home-making.  I acknowledge the individual income does buy some "freedom" but  Let us not forget that women abandoning home-making means men have had to learn, the "freedom" cuts both ways.  My grandfather never (no joke, never) did a load of laundry, if my wife left tomorrow the house would be maintained.

It seems they're determined to deny the opportunity cost and to boldly and fundamentally assume the traditional male role as the better? No wonder that movement is so fractious now. 

Note on bias:  my wife is awesome, and she works from home part time doing what she wants and takes care of our little one, along with about 1000 other things
I agree, which is why I typically offer no opinion on the career vs homemaker issue, other than to say it's a decision for each couple to make together.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:56:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I probaly don't need to speak for Ridge, but this is GD.  The vast majority of the dissenting posts only deserve a "" in reply.  The one you're speaking to was potentially/probably just hit-and-run trolling. Yours usually merit an actual response.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For many of us, it was also not without the context of often a decade or more of condescension and insult from "feminists" who can't stand the thought of a woman being happy as a wife and/or mother or anything that suggests not wanting a fully independent life. We tend to get a tad protective and a little defensive after a while.

Over the years, the divorces and other drama do make for a certain degree of schadenfreude-rooted entertainment, though. So, we got that going for us.

Lately, mine's been betting grief from wive's who don't even work. They do, however, stay out of the house all day, bouncing from yoga class to coffee to book club and what not. They believe keeping house is beneath them, and aren't always very subtle as they suggest my wife is inferior for not thinking the same and joining their little circle, leaving laundry to the housekeeper and going out for dinner every evening. The disdain is shared mutually, however.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:58:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I agree, which is why I typically offer no opinion on the career vs homemaker issue, other than to say it's a decision for each couple to make together.
View Quote
I seriously doubt it's always a decision couples make together.

Half of my friends from residency have wives who used to be physicians that quit immediately when their husbands' paychecks started rolling in and there are huge fights over how they don't want to go back to work.

The temptation to sit on your ass and do nothing is too great, even good people seem to want to take it.

And I know at least two stay at home husbands who are just as pathetic and shitty as their female counterparts, for all the same reasons.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:00:47 AM EDT
[#13]
She makes sure our kids grow up in a clean, safe, healthy environment, learn discipline and manners.  I could never send them to day care and let someone else get to witness their daily milestones.  Everyday is precious.     I want them to grow up as independent/caring/loving Americans, not brainwashed by Cultural Marxism as seen by millennials and SJWs we are witnessing today.  Dont let them slip away.

OP is brainwashed my the Feminazi Cultural Marxists?

When the kids get to be of elementary age, she will probably go back to work part time during their school hours.

ETA:  I help with all sorts of house work, we share ( I do 90% yard work and 100% car and house maintenance, but i ENJOY that stuff)  Why is that so hard?  Work as team, not competitors.  If you feel like competitors, then maybe you should rethink your marriage.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:05:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I don't see how some of you do it.  I could never be married to a woman whose greatest talent/ambition in life is cleaning and dishes....what a waste.
View Quote
You forget the whole part about raising the next generation that is going to bear your name and carry your family and blood lines into the future.  What is more important than that?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:05:29 AM EDT
[#15]
She raised two children, took great care of our home, and earned two bachelors degrees.  She's finishing an internship now and will be working very soon.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:07:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:12:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Mine does everything that one would expect for a stay-at-home.

All cleaning, laundry, lunch making, grocery shopping, errands , taxi service for school, sports, etc.

Most of the "inside" cooking. She also works part time as a contractor and property manager.

We both made our respective expectations quite clear prior to marriage. Simple really.

Oh - and she really likes sexy time!
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:12:41 AM EDT
[#18]
If she's got a part time job, helps around the house, and is keeping things fit/making good on play time for you... then you are prolly ahead of 95% of guys with the wife at home.

Not saying you have to be ok with being in a better situation than 95% of married guys.  Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:12:53 AM EDT
[#19]
My wife stayed home for 13 years [ 1983-1996 ] raising our daughter. In retrospect, it was the time of life I enjoyed most. Even though I was a self centered dick working 60 hours a week, my girls were always glad to see me come home. House was clean, there was always something to eat, the little things were handled.

By the time our daughter was in middle school, my wife was chomping at the bit to get out and get a job. She didn't want to stay at home anymore. Daughter grew up, went to school and into the world, life went on. Now, I come home often as not to an empty house and do things.

Have a smile on my face remembering now  I was happy with my wife being a stay at home.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:17:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, maybe, but Ridge's post was a classic GD "Ready, Fire, Aim" response.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:18:51 AM EDT
[#21]
My wife became very depressed we she was a stay at home.  The house was always clean though.   She wanted to go back to work. Married ten years she still works a full time comes home does kids school work, cleans, bathed the kiddo.  Every night lets me have my fun.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:21:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Half of my friends from residency have wives who used to be physicians that quit immediately when their husbands' paychecks started rolling in and there are huge fights over how they don't want to go back to work.

The temptation to sit on your ass and do nothing is too great, even good people seem to want to take it.

And I know at least two stay at home husbands who are just as pathetic and shitty as their female counterparts, for all the same reasons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And, let me guess, not only do they not work, but cooking and cleaning is "beneath" them, so they socialize and shop while Consuela does the housework?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:23:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

And, let me guess, not only do they not work, but cooking and cleaning is "beneath" them, so they socialize and shop while Consuela does the housework?
View Quote
they initially justified their laziness as being able to care for the children, then they realized that getting a nanny and farting around all day is much more productive.

Not to be outdone, one of my friends is an interventional cardiologist and she spent all night on a difficult case and comes home in the morning to find her stay at home husband drunk and passed out on the couch because he was playing call of duty all night and can't  drive the kids to school.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:30:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
My wife stayed home both during med school, residency, and now.  If you have been there, you know that with no other family to help financially, living off of student loans during med school, AND having a family with kids is pretty hard.  We didn't do much of anything fun.  We drove to see family, went to Macdonalds maybe 2x a month for 99cent double cheese burgers, and spent most of the rest on diapers.  I was mostly studying or doing rotations all the time.  Wifey was a trooper.  Not even many friends to speak of during that time.

Residency was much better as you are actually pulling in an income.  Finances were better when I could moonlight starting 2nd year.  Wifey never complained.  Stayed home, raised the kiddos, cooked, cleaned, ran errands that we needed.

Now she has it a bit better as residency is over and she is definitely entitled to it.  Her job is full time, and doesn't run 8-5:30 like mine.  She has the never ending cleaning of the house, cooking/feeding us, helping with my parents at times, and lots of other stuff.  

Definitely has been worth it to us, even when we were low on funds.  She has also stayed in good shape the whole time, even after 4 kids.. that is a big plus.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:31:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
When mine got pregnant with our firstborn, I crafted a "Scholarship" letter for her (as a joke). 6 year, full-ride. When she got pregnant the 2nd time, I extended her scholarship. At first I was a little worried b/c she was a high earner but things run so well at the house, I wouldn't have it any other way.

She does all the shopping, bill paying, cooking, laundry, scheduling of cleaning/exterminator/yard/pool/etc. and manages my personal (non-work) schedule (events, Dr. appointments, etc.). Add in two kids and she doesn't stop moving all day. Our home is a well-oiled machine and this frees me up to be an all-star at work.

Btw, I told her (also as a joke) that as a scholarship athlete, she must maintain Div I fitness levels and that we would build out our athletic training facilities accordingly (I got her a high-end treadmill and spinning bike). She has, without a doubt, held up her end of the agreement!

When I met her
https://goo.gl/K6g5fv

After kids
https://goo.gl/noH4UX
View Quote

We both chose wisely.  Two kids and 42. I even let her become an inky.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I could never be married to a woman who would prioritize her career ambitions over the care of our child

My better half has a graduate degree / Ivy league education...and had a thriving career when we decided to have kids.
Part of the deal was her staying home to raise our daughter.
5 years later, the kid is starting to have her own social life outside of mom and dad, and when she begins full-time school, mom is going back to her work.

Although I had a corporate / leadership type of job for the last 5 years, I think my day-to-day was much easier than my wife. She got up at the ass crack of dawn every day and had to attend to 100% of the child care. Being a stay at home mom of an infant isn't exactly "cleaning and dishes"...a little more to it than that.
View Quote
but it's ok for you to?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:36:01 AM EDT
[#27]
I work from home and take care of my 1.5 year old daughter. My wife works as an office manager of an Orthopedic office. She's up at 6:30am with the kid and I'm up about 7:30am. She leaves at 8:30 and doesn't get home till 6-6:30 depending on traffic. I make lunch and dinner, take care of the house and lawn. We hire a maid who cleans every two weeks. Wife does the laundry. This routine seems to work out pretty well.

My mom stayed home when I was growing up. She only had a job when she was younger and now holds a part time gig at the local baseball stadium as a hostess.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:38:54 AM EDT
[#28]
This thread reminds me of why I'm glad I'm divorced.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:39:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
but it's ok for you to?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I could never be married to a woman who would prioritize her career ambitions over the care of our child

My better half has a graduate degree / Ivy league education...and had a thriving career when we decided to have kids.
Part of the deal was her staying home to raise our daughter.
5 years later, the kid is starting to have her own social life outside of mom and dad, and when she begins full-time school, mom is going back to her work.

Although I had a corporate / leadership type of job for the last 5 years, I think my day-to-day was much easier than my wife. She got up at the ass crack of dawn every day and had to attend to 100% of the child care. Being a stay at home mom of an infant isn't exactly "cleaning and dishes"...a little more to it than that.
but it's ok for you to?
WAT?

Oh, so he should go get fired, collect unemployment and welfare then he can be stay at home dad?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:40:38 AM EDT
[#30]
My wife is a stay at home mom. Not what she wanted to do initially, but when or first was born, she changed her mind in a hurry.

We have 2 now, a 3 year old and a 1 year old.

Shen really struggles with house work, but that depends on how the kids are, on rough days she cant get much done. She had some postpartum depression after our second, it took her 4 months or so to get past it. Things were pretty rough for a while. She came out of it is enjoying her life again.

She rocks dinner though. Never disappoints. When we were dating she told me she "does not do kitchen sruff". She later discovered that she likes to cook, and she is very good at it. I hit the jack pot...

She gets the kids out of the house every day, she has a group of stay at home moms she is part of. They get the kids together for play groups and activites.

Bottom line, she gives our girls a great environment to grow and learn at a very critical part of thier lives. I would be completly screwed trying to raise our girls without her.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:42:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Takes care of the kids, does laundry, makes meals, sews and cleans.

It's a busy job.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:48:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

WAT?

Oh, so he should go get fired, collect unemployment and welfare then he can be stay at home dad?
View Quote
...well i mean...that's pretty much what you're telling mom to do...

give up on your career, throw away that fancy diploma, and get a sugar daddy so you can be a stay at home mom.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:48:10 AM EDT
[#33]
In December I told my wife to quit her well-paying but toxic job. It was coming home with her every night and she was having anxiety attacks on Sunday evenings thinking about Monday morning. 

So she's been at home, her new job is keeping the wheels on the bus and applying for a new job. I have told her that I want her to pick a gig she loves, something that she will look forward to on Sunday evenings rather than emotional breakdowns. So, she's still under-employed but we are making it work. 

She's not built for stay-at-home. Gotta stay busy. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:50:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

give up on your career, throw away that fancy diploma, and get a sugar daddy so you can be a stay at home mom.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WAT?

Somebody has to work, right?????
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Somebody has to work, right?????
View Quote
yep....

what if the mom does better financially, who should keep their job then?

OR....what if both parents LOVE their job and do well???? what then?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:55:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
For many of us, it was also not without the context of often a decade or more of condescension and insult from "feminists" who can't stand the thought of a woman being happy as a wife and/or mother or anything that suggests not wanting a fully independent life. We tend to get a tad protective and a little defensive after a while.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would be an error to assume even consider the possibility that anything I post here is drawn from the feminist community.  I think I have about ten years on you, which means I was raising unalloyed hell in my WS101 class while you were still in elementary school. I'll spare you the details,  save to say that my third closed-door session with the Dean of Students began with "Honey, you need to turn down the wick a little. I'm not sure how much longer I can keep covering for you."

I've caught shit from both sides of the feminist/traditionalist divide as well as from the MRA crowd.  I figure I'm precisely in the sweet spot, just where I want to be.

P.S.  Roger Whittaker sucks.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:02:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Mine gets a LOT of texting, facebook, etc taken care of, in between that, she gets her nails and hair done, and has her make up applied at the Mall on girls night out days, and  calls her Daddy to whine and beg for money.

She washes her own clothes, and during the year manages to wash the boys uniforms and make sure the kids get too and from school while I'm on shift.

If I raise enough hell, occasionally she will lightly clean the bathroom, help me sweep the Labradors daily dump truck load of dirt off the floors, and help wash the dishes.

I do 99% of the cooking, cleaning, and 100% of home & auto maintenance.

I have three teenagers at home, 13, 15, and 48.

On the bright side, she's fun and willing in the sack, and after 17 years figured out she has a pretty good gig and it's easier to spend 5 minutes giving me what I want than listening to my bitch and pester her for 2 days....
View Quote
Why are you describing my wife?

Mine does have a full time job.  Her mom apparently was the bread winner growing up, so she thinks that because she works I should do the cooking, cleaning, yard work, etc etc.  Problem with that is, I have a full time job too.  That said, we've only been married two years, and she has gotten better as time has gone by.  She's a lot younger than I am, but seems to be maturing.  After my divorce I was used to doing everything myself, so wasn't much of a change for me.

My ex wife stayed at home with the kids.  She ended up worming her way into having the kids at "mother's day out" so she could "run errands".  That was stupid bitch whore speak for "I'll be fucking my personal trainer while someone else watches the kids and you're at work paying all the bills"

She's on husband #4 now, and even though she was a stay at home mom, I got primary custody of our daughters during the divorce.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:05:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

That's a pretty ignorant statement, their greatest ambition is raising our kids right and being there to help them with homework, ensure their safety, etc.

But that brings up a big sigma item from men and women who consider a stay at home mom some sort of sell out or lazabout.  It's a job like any other, everyone has a part.

Sorry Archie Bunker, times they be a changin'
View Quote
Parenting is a two person job.  Mom's don't own it, nor should they be made to feel that it all falls on them.  If you aren't helping with homework or raising the kids as well then you aren't much of a father figure in the home.  If all they do is see you work then you won't be able to relate with them later in life nor will you be able to have a decent conversation with them, outside of "how's the weather."
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:05:59 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm a stay at home mama 4 days out of the week. I cook, clean, do laundry, take care of the children, exercise the dog, run errands, do all the shopping, etc. My summer schedule is usually something like: iron husband's work clothes, prepare breakfast for myself and kids (hubby usually fixes his own), housework and playing with the baby for a couple hours (dishes, laundry, vacuuming, dusting, bathrooms, clutter reduction) while son is reading and working on science/math/art stuff, outside time once housework is done. Then lunch, errands, supper prep, a quick touch up clean before the hubby gets home, supper, evening walk, getting kids into bed, and some quiet relaxation time before bed. Sometimes errands and chores get swapped, depending on if there are appointments to keep. And that final day before i go to my 3 scheduled days of work I spend preparing extra meals so that my husband can just reheat things when he gets home (i work 10a-10p).

On days i work, I get the kids up and off to the babysitter, work, get home at 2230, wash dishes, do laundry, take care of the dog, stage things for the next day, and clean up the day's clutter.

And every night I'm up at least once or twice to diaper and feed the baby.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
People who have figured out life and are busy living it as they really wish to are always seen as threatening by the miserable masses.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll put my wife's edcuation and talent up against anyone on this site. That she prefers to put up with me may be a fault, but it's our life. It's hilarious how people can be so demeaning and rude all the while suggesting others are.

She's actually told off and left "ladies groups" for treating her as a second class member for not having her own career.

She has a law degree she has no desire to ever use again, has lived in 7 countries, visited countless more, and is constantly offered money for the "quaint" things she makes, craft wise. But, the fact that she doesn't feel empty of she's not out constantly seeking to make an extra buck really, really bothers some people, as if the only fulfillment in life can come from a making money.
People who have figured out life and are busy living it as they really wish to are always seen as threatening by the miserable masses.
I, too, have found this to be the case, and no where more so than here in GD.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:07:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Lots of lazy people in the world. Some of them are married women with kids.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:15:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm a stay at home mama 4 days out of the week. I cook, clean, do laundry, take care of the children, exercise the dog, run errands, do all the shopping, etc. My summer schedule is usually something like: iron husband's work clothes, prepare breakfast for myself and kids (hubby usually fixes his own), housework and playing with the baby for a couple hours (dishes, laundry, vacuuming, dusting, bathrooms, clutter reduction) while son is reading and working on science/math/art stuff, outside time once housework is done. Then lunch, errands, supper prep, a quick touch up clean before the hubby gets home, supper, evening walk, getting kids into bed, and some quiet relaxation time before bed. Sometimes errands and chores get swapped, depending on if there are appointments to keep. And that final day before i go to my 3 scheduled days of work I spend preparing extra meals so that my husband can just reheat things when he gets home (i work 10a-10p).

On days i work, I get the kids up and off to the babysitter, work, get home at 2230, wash dishes, do laundry, take care of the dog, stage things for the next day, and clean up the day's clutter.

View Quote
i don't mean to sound like an ass or call you out but this really highlights a lot of my disdain for stay at home moms....sorry i'm sure you're an awesome person and a lot of fun to be around

My wife and I have 2 kids and we both work....all that shit you mentioned we do it equally on-top of work responsibilities.  How's that for being braggadocious?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:33:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
i don't mean to sound like an ass or call you out but this really highlights a lot of my disdain for stay at home moms....sorry i'm sure you're an awesome person and a lot of fun to be around

My wife and I have 2 kids and we both work....all that shit you mentioned we do it equally on-top of work responsibilities.  How's that for being braggadocious?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow. Did you notice the part where I work a full time job?

Anyway, I would vastly prefer to stay at home full time. It's hard keeping that schedule, and my husband feels like a single dad on the nights I work. Scheduling appointments is trickier, someone's having to take off work any time one of the kids is sick, and finding childcare that you can trust is exceedingly difficult. Yes, you can keep up with it, but it adds to the mental load. You can have all the disdain in the world if it makes you happy, but there is value in staying home, raising children, and making the working spouse's life easier by shouldering the majority of the household work. If you don't see it, that's on you and no one else.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:40:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Bitch better be doing ALL of the cooking cleaning and raising the kids if she stays at home.
And no, you don't get to dump the kids on me when I get off work.  
I'll do the lawn and repairs, tending flowers is on her too.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:44:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

As in has no personal sex drive but willing to give it up to keep you happy?  Or as in never having sex at all?

Sex is the relationship barometer, that to me would signal a dead marriage and I'd eject.

Sorry man.
View Quote
Its funny, our two daughters, ages 12 and 15, have finally figured our what the noise is they hear from mom and dads bedroom at nights and other times.  

Some day they will understand its a good thing they hear those noises, I agree with your barometer comment.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:44:36 PM EDT
[#46]
My wife was a SAHM for about 18 years. She raised the kids during the day while I worked. She recently want back to work two years ago as the children are now young adults.

She took care of business at home: we both cooked and cleaned but she did the majority of cleaning. she shopped, paid bills, ran errands, and took the kids to all sorts of cool places...and, was there for noon time sex as I worked close...fuckin' a man...I miss that the most.

28 years married as of last Saturday...great woman.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:46:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Do you two utilize day care or a Grandparent?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:47:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Wish I could've been a stay at home dad.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:47:11 PM EDT
[#49]
No kids. She worked for about six years until two herniated discs and a loss of knee cartilage forced her to quit.

I work nights and have done so for the 20 years we've been married. She used to keep my schedule, but now she's up every morning. She cooks, cleans, does laundry and scoops the litter boxes. I do the outside work as well as work 60 hours or so a week.

No complaints.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:48:13 PM EDT
[#50]
my wife takes care of the 5 kiddos and that is a crazy demanding job.  

she does have a ton of really good friends that she spends time with, and what ends up happening is she stays up really late catching up on house stuff.  I do help her of course.

if I had a complaint, it would be that she does too much and runs herself ragged when I don't think she needs to.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top