Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 6/23/2017 7:36:18 AM EDT
What does your wife accomplish during the day while you are at work? What time does she get up? Who does the cooking cleaning Etc?

ETA: when we had our first kid the agreement was my wife would stay at home until all of the kids were in school full time. Now they are.

After several discussions shall we say she finally got a part-time job at a local school as a lunch mom. 2.75 hrs per day when school is in.  

We go to bed at the same time, I get up between 4 and 5, she gets up around 7 when school is in.  When school is not in session she gets up in time to make a 9 a.m. class at the gym a couple of times a week.  She also walks at the gym a couple of times a week

Maybe I expect too much but I think she has plenty of time to stay on top of the shopping cooking cleaning laundry cutting grass.  She does most of the cooking, I help with the housework, yard work and laundry.

Yet she seems to always have plenty of time to play games on her phone and tablet.  

I feel she should be up and moving by 7 a.m. at the latest every day with the house being a priority
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:37:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine didn't do shit.

TC

ETA: That's not entirely true. She sucked down Vicodin and wallowed in self pity...
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:40:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine took care of all the housework, cooking, shopping, and kids for 13 years until she went back to work. It was nice.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:40:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Tread lightly OP, tread lightly.  

Serious answer:  I have no idea what my ex wife did.  I always cooked.  Did about half the laundry.  On weekends she always had "errands" to run.  She would disappear with her cunt mother to "go to Wal Mart" or Target.  She'd be gone all fucking day.  Reality is she just wanted to get away from the kids because being a mommy is such a burden.  

After my divorce a former friend of hers and current friend of mine told me that she would see my ex at the spa an awful lot during the day.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:41:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Cleans, cooks, works out, runs errands, takes care of anything I can't due to being at work
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:45:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What does your wife accomplish during the day while you are at work? What time does she get up? Who does the cooking cleaning Etc?
View Quote

Feed the kids, grocery shopping, some cleaning (she is very pregnant, so doing deep cleaning is getting hard), run errands, FaceTime the grandparents.  During parts of the year she take the kids to a Mother's day out program twice a week.
I don't really know what time she gets up...I guess whatever time the kids do.

I think I cook more than her, but I enjoy it more and she doesn't like as much variety as I do right now.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:45:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Her day usually starts when kids wake up, around 6:30.  She keeps the kids alive, cooks, cleans, puts up with my crap.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:47:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

She keeps the kids from burning the house down while I'm gone.  She also does most of the cooking.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:50:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

My wife stayed at home for 25 of our 28 years together.  As near as I can tell, she changed into her Wonder Woman costume as soon as I left the house.  I've never found where she keeps it.

Our home was immaculate, except for my gunsmithing bench which I asked her not to touch.  Our meals were hot, delicious, and varied.  Clothes magically cleaned and folded mere moments after being deposited somewhere in the same zip code of the dirty clothes bin.  Fridge always fully stocked.

Somewhere in there, she managed to squeeze in homeschooling our two children.  Our oldest just graduated college with a dual major of Organic Chemistry and Pharm. Chemistry, so she must have been a pretty good teacher.

Since retiring, I've taken over a lot of the cooking, and a little bit of the housework.  I got a good one!
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:51:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Watch kid get on the bus
Watch TV, Facebook
Maybe cook a meal

That went on for the last 12 years, she finally got a part time job this year.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:53:07 AM EDT
[#10]
When mine was home....

The house was clean, kids were clean, clothes were clean , dinner was always ready when I got home. She did stuff with the kids during the day. She was and is super mom. She is quite amazing. Because of her we have three fine young ladies.

She works now that the youngest is in Middle school and all is pretty close to same but my three daughters and I also help to make house run smooth. I honestly believe she still could do it by herself but why would we do that to her.

One thing I will say she did exactly what her mom did.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:53:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:53:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thankfully my wife has a job....but a guy I work with has a stay at home wife (no kids).  He says she sleeps until noon, sits around and eats all day, doesn't accomplish anything, but loves to spend money.  Go figured....
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:54:26 AM EDT
[#13]
When mine stayed home she did all the house keeping, cooking, grocery shopping, and any other shit that needed doing. She also worked out multiple days a week.  Somehow she got bored and wanted to start working, went to school, and got a job.  Now she runs her own business and I do the laundry.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:54:42 AM EDT
[#14]
mine
cooked, always had a nice homemade meals

cleaned, house was always clean and orderly

did laundry, all my clothes were always hanging in the closet and stowed away orderly in dresser

she took care of finances, I didn't need to worry about money for bills etc, she knew what we could afford and what we couldn't and we lived well within our means

most importantly she took care of our 3 kids, our kids never got into trouble, no drugs, no teenage pregnancies and they turned out to be self supporting responsible adults.

She worked at first when we first got married, it became obvious that it made more sense to take care of our kids rather than farm out to strangers. the extra money to buy crap that we could do with out is less important than our family.

we went without new cars, without the latest gadgets but it was well worth it.

Don't sell stay at home wives short, mine was the heart and soul of our home/family
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:56:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Laundry, keeping the house clean, taking care of our 4 little ones (and 2 dogs). Grocery shopping and running errands. We've discussed her going back to work. She's an RN so could make a decent amount of money but I don't want to go back to helping with all of that stuff. I'm lazy. It's also nice to have her take care of all the misc. errands and stuff that I can't do while at work.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:59:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

My wife does just about everything.

She tends to the kids and their schedules, gets them to school, etc.

She does nearly all of the housework, mows the grass, fixes what she can around the house, grocery shops, cooks most meals (what I don't smoke or fix myself).  I've tried to stop her from mowing and doing all the things she does, but she insists.  I do the taxes, budgets, pay the bills and handle most things financial since I am the CPA.  My wife also does some of the bookkeeping for my company.

I have a great wife.

But I made it clear when she stopped working that she wasn't retiring.  We all have jobs to do and everyone plays their part.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:03:42 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't see how some of you do it.  I could never be married to a woman whose greatest talent/ambition in life is cleaning and dishes....what a waste.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:04:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Her day usually starts when kids wake up, around 6:30.  She keeps the kids alive, cooks, cleans, puts up with my crap.
View Quote
This one gets brownie points.

My wife is considering staying at home after we have a kid, but I'm not sure she would be able to take it.  Some people need the social interaction of work to stay sane, my wife is one of those people.  She does the majority of the house work as is, except the dishes, the woman refuses to wash dishes.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:04:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Bills paid, kids fed and clothed, Dinner planned at least an hour or more of paid work done (remote paralegal) Shopping her Bible study and Litter box scooped.

I married above my paygrade.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:04:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Adding, I would never want to do her part.  I worked at home full-time and had a really boring job that kept me busy about 30% of the time.  So I could do the carpool and such, so we sent her back to work.

My very first day of making breakfast and getting them to school, I got an email from my first grade daughter's teacher (both my wife and I went to school with her) saying "if you want your daughter to go to gym, she will need tennis shoes".

My first thought was "dear lord, did I even send her to school with shoes on?".  But she wore boots I had no idea she owned!  Would have been my luck to send her to school without shoes the first day I did it!

No thanks I'll get a second job if need be.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:05:06 AM EDT
[#21]
My wife was a stay at home wife between graduating and finding a job.

The apartment was always clean, there was a cocktail waiting for me when I walked in the door, and interesting food for dinner shortly after that. It was glorious. After a few months she was looking hard for that first job.
My wife has promised a return to the same if we can get to the point where that's viable again, but she's 50% of our income now and everytime she wants to quit they give her a raise.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:06:50 AM EDT
[#22]
I dont know how anyone can stay home w/ small kids all day.  God bless those women.  
I love my kids but lord in heaven they drive me crazy sometimes.

Some of you guys are lucky, we both work full time.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:06:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I don't see how some of you do it.  I could never be married to a woman whose greatest talent/ambition in life is cleaning and dishes....what a waste.
View Quote
That's a pretty ignorant statement, their greatest ambition is raising our kids right and being there to help them with homework, ensure their safety, etc.

But that brings up a big sigma item from men and women who consider a stay at home mom some sort of sell out or lazabout.  It's a job like any other, everyone has a part.

Sorry Archie Bunker, times they be a changin'
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:07:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
All this. Some days are less cleaning than others, but generally pretty good.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:12:19 AM EDT
[#25]
We still have a few little ones of our 8 at home during the day. She gets up before 6:00 and is busy until she goes to bed. Sometimes that is after I get home from 2nd shift. She gets the kids up for school, takes them, comes home takes care of little ones, shuttled around a lot. Was on the school board and taught religious ed the last few years plus a bunch of committees. On top of all that she is working on her RN to BSN through online courses. Believe it or not we still have hired help a few days a week. Going to work is the easy part for me.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:16:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Women in the workplace is why the world is in bad shape

Nuclear family destroyed

Couples don't want to have kids

Strong independent women doesn't need to be tied down to a man. Can go ride the cock carousel.

More confused gender children now than ever in history

Wages driven down because work force doubled once women started working

Kids being raised by strangers or no one have a higher chance of being shit
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:16:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Literally everything we need done, beside make money.

Having my wife stay at home with our daughter is the best thing that we have done. She still picks up 1-2 photo shoots a week in the evenings when I'm home so she is still making some money also which is nice.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:20:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
lol. What a dumbass thing to say.

How many kids do you have?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:21:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
I could never be married to a woman who would prioritize her career ambitions over the care of our child

My better half has a graduate degree / Ivy league education...and had a thriving career when we decided to have kids.
Part of the deal was her staying home to raise our daughter.
5 years later, the kid is starting to have her own social life outside of mom and dad, and when she begins full-time school, mom is going back to her work.

Although I had a corporate / leadership type of job for the last 5 years, I think my day-to-day was much easier than my wife. She got up at the ass crack of dawn every day and had to attend to 100% of the child care. Being a stay at home mom of an infant isn't exactly "cleaning and dishes"...a little more to it than that.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:24:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Mine puts in about 1.5 hours worth of work.

1/2 the time, dinner comes as a surprise to her.

It's awesome. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:26:46 AM EDT
[#31]
It's been a disaster and I wish like hell I'd never gone along with it. My Valentine's eject is still ongoing, and I hate my fucking life.

That's the very, very short version.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:28:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
The question was what does your wife accomplish, not what her greatest talent/ambition was in life.  Many women put there own lives on hold and place their children first.

My wife has a masters degree and had a successful career before we had children.  Her priorities changed when our first son was born.  She has dedicated the past 15 years to making sure our three kids become intelligent, hard working, productive members of society.

It's not just about cooking and cleaning, it's about the satisfaction she receives from creating a loving, caring, home for our kids.  She also did a tremendous job of establishing a strong foundation in primary education before the kids even started school.  She would constantly read to them and do other educational activities.  All three of our kids could read and knew their numbers before they started kindergarten.  On top of that she kept them active, time outside walking, hiking, playing in the park took priority over screen time. When the kids started school she became active in the school system, getting to know the teachers, volunteering in the classes.

Now that the all kids are older and in school, she has started working part time again and is transitioning back into a career.  She has been getting back into working out and teaches several fitness classes now.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:31:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Mine bitches about how empty and vapid her life is...

...she's a passive-aggressive hypochondriac who hasn't felt well a day since we got married.

...she wonders why our adult son won't come home from college to see her.

...and generally makes me eagerly look forward to my own death.

...and other questions?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:32:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

This one gets brownie points.

My wife is considering staying at home after we have a kid, but I'm not sure she would be able to take it.  Some people need the social interaction of work to stay sane, my wife is one of those people.  She does the majority of the house work as is, except the dishes, the woman refuses to wash dishes.
View Quote
Staying at home doesn't mean she is going to be locked in the house all day.  She will need to make an effort to pack up your kid and take them to the park, library, gym, etc...  Social interaction is why mom's schedule play dates, it's not just for the kids.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:32:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Mines great at converting O2 into CO2.....

Shes does literally NOTHING but sit and watch TV or screw around on Facebook. No cooking, no cleaning, no dishes, no laundry. I literally do whatever needs to be done 99 times out of a 100.

If I could I'd have a bed at work so I didn't have to go home.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:32:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
 Trolling ain't easy.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:32:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Cleans, cooks, works out, runs errands, takes care of anything I can't due to being at work
View Quote
This plus home schools my three kids and my niece. She gets up same time I do, makes my lunch and coffee while I get ready to go to work then typically uses the time between when I leave and when the kids get up to get some laundry started and read or catch up some of her TV (I don't mind, it's usually the only time she watches TV). Co-op one day a week where she coordinates the other teachers and works the nursery while the kids are in class, science club at the library one day a week with the kids, field trips with other homeschool families, shuttling kids to 4H stuff. It's a full time job
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:32:46 AM EDT
[#38]
My mom was a stay at home mom for the most part. She worked part time at the pre school we went to (discounted tuition). Once I (youngest) started middle school she took a job as a para at the middle school so we had the same schedule. She didn't get a full time job until I hit high school. She would bring is on all kinds of trips, adventures, the beach, etc. It was awesome, and she loved being so involved and having the time to do so. We struggled financially sometimes, but my parents made it work. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:33:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Mine bitches about how empty and vapid her life is...

...she's a passive-aggressive hypochondriac who hasn't felt well a day since we got married.

...she wonders why our adult son won't come home from college to see her.

...and generally makes me eagerly look forward to my own death.

...and other questions?
View Quote
So your saying your married to my wife too huh.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:33:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Now that summer's in session she's doing a lot more with the kids. They went to the pool yesterday; not sure what she's got planned for today.

She does all the grocery shopping (besides incidentals I might pick up on the way home for a specific thing), virtually all of the cooking/cleaning around the house (I do my own laundry... mostly), etc.

When school's in session she's up by 7am or so to get the kids on the bus.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:34:59 AM EDT
[#41]
From birth to the time Kindergarten starts…you don't want her job.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:36:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So your saying your married to my wife too huh.
View Quote
C'mon over some time, bro...I'll buy the first round.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:37:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Perhaps raising a family is actually one of the most valuable and noble things a good woman can do with her life.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:37:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Mine gets a LOT of texting, facebook, etc taken care of, in between that, she gets her nails and hair done, and has her make up applied at the Mall on girls night out days, and  calls her Daddy to whine and beg for money.

She washes her own clothes, and during the year manages to wash the boys uniforms and make sure the kids get too and from school while I'm on shift.

If I raise enough hell, occasionally she will lightly clean the bathroom, help me sweep the Labradors daily dump truck load of dirt off the floors, and help wash the dishes.

I do 99% of the cooking, cleaning, and 100% of home & auto maintenance.

I have three teenagers at home, 13, 15, and 48.

On the bright side, she's fun and willing in the sack, and after 17 years figured out she has a pretty good gig and it's easier to spend 5 minutes giving me what I want than listening to my bitch and pester her for 2 days....
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:42:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
On the bright side, she's fun and willing in the sack, and after 17 years figured out she has a pretty good gig and it's easier to spend 5 minutes giving me what I want than listening to my bitch and pester her for 2 days....
View Quote
Wow, where do I get one of those?

Mine hasn't had any interest in sex in years. I finally got tired of begging and just gave up.

Forgot to mention: We were discussing the other night how she hasn't even worked enough in her entire life to draw social security, but she likes to look at realtor's house for sale books, circle pictures of her dream houses, and then tell me all about how we can't afford to buy anything more than a Maytag dryer shipping box.

If this thread makes into page 2, I think I'll get out the yellow pages and start looking up divorce attorneys.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:49:13 AM EDT
[#46]
My wife is going to be staying at home shortly and taking over one of our businesses.  Hopefully we can have a couple of kiddos in the mean time.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:53:08 AM EDT
[#47]
If we had kids, my wife would home school them.  She would also be responsible for doing the cooking and laundry.  We'd hire out for cleaning and yard work.  But then again, this is all theoretical.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:53:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, letting the state raise your kids is a waste. So is your spouse working just to pay someone else to raise your kids
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:53:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Mine is at home because of a disability.
She can still do the grocery shopping, laundry, and keeps up with the finances.
I do most of the cooking and cleaning.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:53:46 AM EDT
[#50]
You're mostly right, except cutting the grass is your job, not hers.  Assuming you're in good health and all.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top