Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:44:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I disagree.  I think people should be justified in using deadly force against thieves.  Don't want to get run over by a minivan?  Don't steal a dirtbike.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

anything being legal or stolen.

the guy that hit him wasn't in the right, but i feel no sadness over the death of a thief
I disagree.  I think people should be justified in using deadly force against thieves.  Don't want to get run over by a minivan?  Don't steal a dirtbike.
Mean his son's future EBT card proceeds?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:47:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Is the bike ok?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:47:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Trying to load the bike was super dumb.  They could have stuck with "oops" and been 100% fine.
View Quote
That was my point above.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:48:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
19 year old senior graduating in August?

The fuck?
View Quote
Extra year somewhere to "catch up" and an extra semester during the summer to finish off his "education".
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:52:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Pffft, mr thief wouldn't have collided with that guy if he had t stolen his shit .

Not guilty if I'm on the jury
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, you know, maybe if you did things would have turned out different.

I wonder how many of the Two wheeled things he loved to ride were legally owned.

OTOH, running him down and especially trying to remove the bike from the scene was bad Juju.

Assholes colliding and all.
Pffft, mr thief wouldn't have collided with that guy if he had t stolen his shit .

Good splat.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:57:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am willing to bet it is not the dead guys first crime
View Quote

I read elsewhere he was arrested for burglary and stealing a quad in April. Fuck both dead thieves.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:58:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:58:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Flags at half staff?  Rofl
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:00:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
I hate a thief.  I agree with this.  

If people knew that deadly force could be applied, I'm sure it would deter a couple folks from stealing shit.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:07:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:12:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the guy that hit him wasn't in the right, but i feel no sadness over the death of a thief
Agreed.  When one makes a distinct effort to impinge upon another's livelihood then deadly force should be allowed.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:14:15 AM EDT
[#12]
meh don't care , I hope it costs the county millions and results in a hung jury/not guilty verdict
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:15:40 AM EDT
[#13]
excellent
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:16:46 AM EDT
[#14]
How pathetic. This country is so fucking backwards. A couple of minority punks steal someone else's property, and when the owner gets it back, they are charged and the shitstains are memorialized with flags at half staff and stupid quotes about "yo he'd ride anything".

I hope the guy walks. He did the world a favor, I don't care how young they were.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:21:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Hahahaha

Perfect pic, IF there had been no arrest. This miscarriage of justice leaves me totally flaccid
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:23:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Back in 1990, my 1989 Super Tenere was stolen from the parking lot of my moms condo complex by a pair of yutes. The security guard of the gated community had to open the gate to let them roll it out the exit. He was also 'urban' and told the cops that 'he was paid to keep people out, it don't say nothin' bout keeping people in'.

I filed a report, the cops left, and about a week later I come upon two helmetless shitheads riding my bike down 441. I start chasing them in my S10, and they blew through a red light to get away from me. There were about six or seven cars stopped at the light and they cut between the lanes to run through the intersection. If I could have run over the fuckers I would have. I had eight payments left on the damn bike and State Farm refused to pay because it wasn't garaged. Had to pay off a bike Lamont and Quartavious were riding around South Florida.

I understand what the two guys in the original article did, but trying to grab the bike and leave is gonna send them away.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:24:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Saved us from years of crime from a piece of shit.

Good kill, you have the right to protect your property even if it means running it over. Should get an award
View Quote
It's a natural right that NY does its best to persecute.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:25:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I hate a thief.  I agree with this.  

If people knew that deadly force could be applied, I'm sure it would deter a couple folks from stealing shit.
View Quote
Or the ones that did, wouldn't have a long 20 year career doing it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:26:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

My shocked face.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

My shocked face.
I can beat that.

Christopher Bouchard, 27, of Mastic Beach
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:26:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
See above.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:27:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
"King’s girlfriend, Trinity Clendenning, 16, of Mastic, broke down in the middle of the street crying."

Lol with a 16 year old girlfriend named Trinity.
View Quote
I'm sure that anyone named Trinity has an airtight alibi.

Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:28:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Back in 1990, my 1989 Super Tenere was stolen from the parking lot of my moms condo complex by a pair of yutes. The security guard of the gated community had to open the gate to let them roll it out the exit. He was also 'urban' and told the cops that 'he was paid to keep people out, it don't say nothin' bout keeping people in'.

I filed a report, the cops left, and about a week later I come upon two helmetless shitheads riding my bike down 441. I start chasing them in my S10, and they blew through a red light to get away from me. There were about six or seven cars stopped at the light and they cut between the lanes to run through the intersection. If I could have run over the fuckers I would have. I had eight payments left on the damn bike and State Farm refused to pay because it wasn't garaged. Had to pay off a bike Lamont and Quartavious were riding around South Florida.

I understand what the two guys in the original article did, but trying to grab the bike and leave is gonna send them away.
View Quote
Quartavious?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:29:03 AM EDT
[#23]
LOL BULLSHIT!  You added that, didn't you?
The superintendent has ordered flags to half-staff throughout the district.
View Quote
Didn't you?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:29:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:30:35 AM EDT
[#25]
What legal recourse does the owner even have?  

IF they had even gotten caught, he'd have to miss work and take them to court to try to recover any money, and those animals aren't going to pay if he did.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:31:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Oh well. He was a criminal. Fuck him.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:31:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I can beat that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My shocked face.
I can beat that.
Christopher Bouchard, 27, of Mastic Beach
Six of one, half a dozen of the other.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:34:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's fucked up. Geico had no problem paying off my bike that was stolen off the street.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:36:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Ok, letter of the law and all....

Guilty, One dollar fine, time served. Next case.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:39:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
While not in the right by the law, he was in the right in my eyes.  I think it should be perfectly legal to run over too piece of shit criminals who are escaping with YOUR property.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:42:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Two more cancer researchers lost.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:48:52 AM EDT
[#32]
In Before Ben Crump and Daryl Parks get on CNN / FOX / MSNBC go on the nightly shows crying about injustice..
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:51:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:53:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Put me on the Jury.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:00:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Keenen King Kang
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:00:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Trying to load the bike was super dumb.  They could have stuck with "oops" and been 100% fine.
View Quote
This. If they had just played the strike off as an accident, they probably would have been okay.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:02:04 AM EDT
[#37]
I can't believe they didn't transport to Stony Brook immediately.  Nobody goes to BH Hospital to live.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:04:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
19 year old senior graduating in August?

The fuck?
View Quote
I was thinking the same, held back a year and still needs summer school to graduate. I'm sure he was our next theoretical physicist. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:08:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'm surprised he was even there.
View Quote
just got on parole.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:10:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Pretty much. Citizens aren't judges, or juries, or executioners.  If your life isn't in danger, how do you justify use of deadly force?  I've had shit stolen from me, so I feel for the guy, but running a kid over for stealing your shit, while satisfying, is definitely overkill.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:12:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"King’s girlfriend, Trinity Clendenning, 16, of Mastic, broke down in the middle of the street crying."

Lol with a 16 year old girlfriend named Trinity.

Airtight. Hehehehehe.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:13:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Don't approve but I can understand
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:14:12 AM EDT
[#43]
I would vote not guilty.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:14:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Don't approve but I can understand
View Quote
You don't think property should be recoverable with deadly force if the owner believes he may not be able to recover it?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:17:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Extra year somewhere to "catch up" and an extra semester during the summer to finish off his "education".
View Quote
Summer school --which he apparently wasnt attending.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:22:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
http://www.newsday.com/long-island/crime/north-bellport-dirt-bike-riders-die-driver-charged-in-crash-cops-say-1.13758150

“With heavy hearts, the William Floyd school community mourns the loss of high school senior Keenen King, who died in a motor vehicle accident this morning,” James Montalto, a school district spokesman, said in a statement Thursday.
View Quote

...the William Floyd school community mourns the loss of high school criminal Keenen King, who died in a grand theft auto incident this morning...
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Going with this.

It's possible the driver was trying to call police and let them know where the stolen bike was when he accidentally hit the dirt bike.  If I were on the jury, I might just take his word for that.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:27:43 AM EDT
[#48]
It really sounds to me like the minivan driver was following the dirtbike to see where they were going, and since the dirt bike doesn't have tail lights, the minivan driver couldn't tell the bike slammed on it's brakes. That caused the minivan driver to hit the bike.

Sounds like it was an accident.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:30:29 AM EDT
[#49]
The world is a better place when there are fewer thieves roaming.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:31:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
If I were on the jury I would vote not guilty.  You should be able to protect and take back your property. 
View Quote
This.

Tired of people stealing shit, tired of cops basically shrugging their shoulders and saying "that is what insurance is for", tired of the justice system slapping thieves on the wrist and sending them on their way, tired of the media reporting stuff like this as "tragic accidents".
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top