Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 6/23/2017 6:16:07 AM EDT
http://www.newsday.com/long-island/crime/north-bellport-dirt-bike-riders-die-driver-charged-in-crash-cops-say-1.13758150

A William Floyd High School senior and his passenger were killed Thursday when the suspected stolen dirt bike they were riding in North Bellport was struck after being pursued by a minivan driven by the brother of the bike’s owner, Suffolk County police said.

The driver of the dirt bike, Keenen King, 19, of Shirley was pronounced dead at the scene, police said. The other victim, Anthony Holmes-Garriques, 20, of North Bellport was initially taken to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center in East Patchogue and was transferred to Stony Brook University Hospital — a major trauma center — where he died Thursday.

Christopher Bouchard, 27, of Mastic Beach, was arrested after the 10:15 a.m. crash on Montauk Highway near Doane Avenue, said Suffolk County Police Commissioner Timothy Sini. His passenger and brother, Brian Bouchard, 31, was not detained. Brian Bouchard is the owner of the dirt bike, police said.

Christopher Bouchard was charged with first-degree reckless endangerment. He was being held Thursday at the Fifth Precinct and is scheduled to be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip on Friday.

Although witnesses told Newsday the Honda Odyssey minivan was speeding and appeared to intentionally strike the two young men on the dirt bike, Sini said that aspect of the incident is under investigation.

“With heavy hearts, the William Floyd school community mourns the loss of high school senior Keenen King, who died in a motor vehicle accident this morning,” James Montalto, a school district spokesman, said in a statement Thursday.

“Even though school is out, grief counselors will be available for students to speak with. The superintendent has ordered flags to half-staff throughout the district. Keenen’s family and friends are in our thoughts and prayers at this time.”

Montalto said King was scheduled to graduate in August.

A distraught man who identified himself as King’s father went to the scene of the crash Thursday, and cried out: “That’s my son. I don’t care what he did, he did not have to die.” He declined to speak to reporters at the scene.

The series of events leading to the tragedy began early Thursday. Bouchard called police about 7 a.m. to report his dirt bike stolen from his Mastic Beach home, police said.

Long Island
LI car accidents

Christopher Bouchard saw two young men on his brother’s bike around 10 a.m. Thursday and pursued them, ultimately striking the bike, Sini said.

“We believe that dirt bike was the one reported stolen earlier in the day,” Sini said. “So far, the evidence indicates the individual claiming to be the owner of that dirt bike came upon two men on that dirt bike and pursued the dirt bike, culminating in the crash . . . Some evidence indicates the driver of the minivan after the crash tried to put the bike in the back of the van.”

Witnesses described a violent scene in which the two young men were knocked off the bike and the driver of the minivan attempting to load the dirt bike into his vehicle while the two young men lay critically injured in the roadway.

Charles Parker, 69, of Middle Island, said he was driving west on Montauk Highway behind a dirt bike when he saw a speeding eastbound minivan cross the double-line and hit the bike carrying two people.

Parker said the minivan pulled away, did a U-turn and stopped near the scene and the van driver and his passenger tried to put the dirt bike in the van, but they were prevented by other witnesses.

Parker said he blocked the van with his car to prevent the suspects from fleeing. He said he called 911 and spoke to police after the crash.

The accident forced the temporary closure of Montauk Highway between Station Road and Hoffman Avenue while police investigated.

Still, mourners came to the scene throughout the day.

Freddie Parker, who said he’s a cousin of Holmes-Garriques, said he happened upon the aftermath of the crash and he and others prevented the minivan’s occupants from leaving. He said he tended to his injured cousin as he lay on the concrete.

“ ‘Yo Anthony, you OK?’ ” Freddie Parker, 43, of North Bellport, recalled telling him. “ ‘Just blink your eyes or something. Let me know you’re OK.’ . . . The other kid, he took his last breath right there. Laying on the ground.”

King’s girlfriend, Trinity Clendenning, 16, of Mastic, broke down in the middle of the street crying.

Her cousin Stephanie Landon, 20, said King loved to drive on two wheels.

“He was one of those kids who would ride anything,” she said.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:19:51 AM EDT
[#1]
View Quote

anything being legal or stolen.

the guy that hit him wasn't in the right, but i feel no sadness over the death of a thief
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:21:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The driver of the dirt bike, Keenen King, 19, of Shirley.......
View Quote

My shocked face.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:22:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I love how they call two thieves victims.
Some of the quotes fit the ages old narrative.

1 dindu nuffin
2 about to graduate and start life
3 didn't have to die no matter what he did
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:23:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

the guy that hit him wasn't in the right, but i feel no sadness over the death of a thief
View Quote
He died doing what he loved.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:25:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Aspiring rapper rear ended and killed by the owner of the dirt bike he stole.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:26:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Predict he is going to be very popular in prison.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:28:40 AM EDT
[#7]
"King’s girlfriend, Trinity Clendenning, 16, of Mastic, broke down in the middle of the street crying."

Lol with a 16 year old girlfriend named Trinity.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:30:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:32:43 AM EDT
[#9]
19 year old senior graduating in August?

The fuck?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:33:04 AM EDT
[#10]
If I had the money, I would start and donate to a legal defense fund for him.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:33:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:33:53 AM EDT
[#12]
So when they don't say, you know?

I'm assuming two "youths" were on the stolen bike.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:34:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Being killed by a Honda Odyssey has to be embarrassing
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:36:01 AM EDT
[#14]
That's going to end up being a very expensive dirt bike for a lot of people. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:37:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
 “That’s my son. I don’t care what he did, 
View Quote
Well, you know, maybe if you did things would have turned out different.

I wonder how many of the Two wheeled things he loved to ride were legally owned.

OTOH, running him down and especially trying to remove the bike from the scene was bad Juju.

Assholes colliding and all.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:41:35 AM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aspiring rapper rear ended and killed by the owner of the dirt bike he stole.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/57330/GTHKTX-235689.png
10/10
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:43:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I wonder how many of the Two wheeled things he loved to ride were legally owned.

OTOH, running him down and especially trying to remove the bike from the scene was bad Juju.

View Quote
Pffft, mr thief wouldn't have collided with that guy if he had t stolen his shit .

Not guilty if I'm on the jury
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:44:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Vehicle thieves should be treated like horse thieves of yore. Pop a few necks and people might be able to keep the things they buy.

His ''dad'' sounds like a real piece of trash. Sadly, he probably has more spawn like the dead one roaming the earth.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:47:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
His ''dad'' sounds like a real piece of trash. Sadly, he probably has more spawn like the dead one roaming the earth.
View Quote
I'm surprised he was even there.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:47:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Honda CR 250
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:50:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He probably smelled money, he doesn't really give a shit if his kid died, he just smells green. Bet he is already lawyer shopping.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:51:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
He senses a payout.

ETA: beat
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:01:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
I disagree.  I think people should be justified in using deadly force against thieves.  Don't want to get run over by a minivan?  Don't steal a dirtbike.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:03:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

He probably smelled money, he doesn't really give a shit if his kid died, he just smells green. Bet he is already lawyer shopping.
View Quote
The driver of the minivan has robbed poor ole' dad of his son's future income
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:06:34 AM EDT
[#25]
“That’s my son. I don’t care what he did, he did"

Sounds like that was the problem.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:07:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Idiots.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:07:18 AM EDT
[#27]

“That’s my son. I don’t care what he did, he did not have to die.”
View Quote
Maybe try being a father next time?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:12:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Too bad there's no video...
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:13:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Pffft, mr thief wouldn't have collided with that guy if he had t stolen his shit .

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the correct answer.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:20:18 AM EDT
[#30]
rider contributed to his own death in a SUBSTANTIAL way, fuck him and fuck NY
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:22:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I disagree.  I think people should be justified in using deadly force against thieves.  Don't want to get run over by a minivan?  Don't steal a dirtbike.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It really is that simple, isn't it?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:24:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looking for the payday. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:25:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
rider contributed to his own death in a SUBSTANTIAL way, fuck him and fuck NY
View Quote
Yep.

Ran down by a Odyssey, that's gonna go over well in Hell.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:26:51 AM EDT
[#34]
If I were on the jury I would vote not guilty.  You should be able to protect and take back your property. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:27:31 AM EDT
[#35]
I am willing to bet it is not the dead guys first crime
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:28:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

My shocked face.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The driver of the dirt bike, Keenen King, 19, of Shirley.......

My shocked face.
He can't be serious.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:28:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:28:36 AM EDT
[#38]
I would find that guy not guilty on all charges
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:31:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Really? What about dumb kids who shoplift?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:31:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Best gif evar!!
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:32:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Gotta admit I'm a little bummed.

I thought there would be at least one "stay woke" quote in the story.
View Quote
The reporter Anglicized the quote. I'm pretty sure he doesn't speak like the quoted material...

“ ‘Yo Anthony, you OK?’ ” Freddie Parker, 43, of North Bellport, recalled telling him. “ ‘Just blink your eyes or something. Let me know you’re OK.’ . . . The other kid, he took his last breath right there. Laying on the ground.”
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:32:13 AM EDT
[#42]
I know someone who was hit while driving before they had their license and declared responsible for the accident since they were not supposed to be on the road.  I imagine the same argument could be made for a non street legal dirt bike.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:32:21 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm sure the bike thieves flashed a gun and minivan was totally justified in running them down, either way I'd vote not guilty.  I hate thieves.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:34:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Trying to load the bike was super dumb.  They could have stuck with "oops" and been 100% fine.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:34:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If I were on the jury I would vote not guilty.  You should be able to protect and take back your property. 
View Quote
Saved us from years of crime from a piece of shit.

Good kill, you have the right to protect your property even if it means running it over. Should get an award
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:34:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Not guilty
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:34:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

“That’s my son. I don’t care what he did, he did not have to die.”
No he didn't have to die.  He could be like millions of other teens in the US and not steal vehicles.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:38:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Dindu did and got what he deserved. Mashed.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:40:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, yes he did.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:44:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I doubt that's necessary.  I imagine they are lined up outside his front door.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top