Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2017 3:39:53 AM EDT
Well I guess they can keep expecting to get more of them then. If you do not prosecute people will think it is ok. It's not but that is the message people will get.

GOP Representative: US Attorneys WILL NOT Prosecute the Threats Against GOP Lawmakers (VIDEO)

Jim Hoft Jun 22nd, 2017 10:36 pm 51 Comments

At least 30 Republican lawmakers have been viciously attacked or threatened with death over the past several months.

The threats culminated last week with the attempted assassination of several Republicans playing baseball on a Virginia field.

Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA) is still recovering after a bullet ripped through his gut. The attacker was a staunch Bernie Sanders supporter.

Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) played audio of two of his many death threats on FOX and Friends this week. The Utah Republican says he has received dozens of these threats.

Chaffetz says the US attorneys will not prosecute these offenders.

_______________________________________________more at link.

I always thought stuff like that generated a response from Fed Law Enforcement. Who knew the shiftlessness of the lower level DOJ staff in enforcing laws had gotten so bad.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:57:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I bet if someone threatened a Democrat there would be charges.

ETA: After seeing the FBI say that they don't know the motive of the shooter something suspicious is going on. Is this more of Obama's deep state covering for their fellow travelers?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:56:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:41:44 AM EDT
[#3]
And I thought all those special snowflakes/powerbrokers in D.C. were to be protected no matter what. Silly me.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:48:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Zero fucks given, zero sympathy - all 535 of those fuckers should be worried, scared and terrified - collectively they've pissed off basically 100% of all Americans.  Now they're whining about the mess they've created - fuck off. Not enough money in world for me to stand up and defend / protect one of their kind - not a single decent soul among them.

Maybe if 'CON'-gress did the job Americans are paying for instead of spending all day, every day fucking over Americans to enrich their useless asses, they wouldn't have to look over shoulder.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:57:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Doesn't the new administration have the option of firing all of these US attorneys?

Time to get crackin'
View Quote
I believe he fired all the political appointees and the attorneys who aren't appointees are protected by political retribution laws.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:02:45 AM EDT
[#6]
That's not a smart move on the AG's part. Soon as it happens to a D and everyone flip's out and AG want's to prosecute, they will be sharply reminded of this.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:17:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Zero fucks given, zero sympathy - all 535 of those fuckers should be worried, scared and terrified - collectively they've pissed off basically 100% of all Americans.  Now they're whining about the mess they've created - fuck off. Not enough money in world for me to stand up and defend / protect one of their kind - not a single decent soul among them.

Maybe if 'CON'-gress did the job Americans are paying for instead of spending all day, every day fucking over Americans to enrich their useless asses, they wouldn't have to look over shoulder.
View Quote
I agree with this guy. Fuck them. Do their fucking jobs and maybe some of us will give a fuck.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:27:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Agreed. They have brought this upon themselves.

Maybe if congress actually did their fucking job, people wouldn't be so pissed at them.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:35:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Maybe if congress actually did their fucking job, people wouldn't be so pissed at them..
View Quote
Personally I'd be happy to pay their full salary and bennies if they would cease doing anything and go sit on a beach somewhere.

I can't remember who it was but I once heard one of these crtitters say "I love to legislate."

Really, fucker? Because I love to not be fucking legislated.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:36:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Maybe if congress actually did their fucking job, people wouldn't be so pissed at them.
View Quote
Agreed......with a but.....if they did what I want them to do, the 40% of communists in this country would go apoplectic in their rage.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:37:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
I find it hard to disagree with this.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:02:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I find it easy to disagree.  You sound like you advocate violence against our system of government.  Despite the "wrongs" and the things we disagree with, assassination is not how we change our government.  Our constitution and system of government is the best in the world.  You want to create a vacuum?  Nature abhors a vacuum, and anything that our current culture could do to fill it would be inferior.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:03:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That's not a smart move on the AG's part. Soon as it happens to a D and everyone flip's out and AG want's to prosecute, they will be sharply reminded of this.
View Quote

By who? The republicants? The FBI???
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:12:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Not prosecuting is also a way to let those critters feel comfortable and expose themselves more out of their holes.  Then take the shot on them.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:01:47 AM EDT
[#15]
I worked for a Federal lending agency back in the 80's, during the farm crises.  Most of us got death threats and the US Attorney blew them all off.  Hell, the agency I worked for blew them off.  

So I'm going with nothing new and not really news.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:36:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I worked for a Federal lending agency back in the 80's, during the farm crises.  Most of us got death threats and the US Attorney blew them all off.  Hell, the agency I worked for blew them off.  

View Quote
Then the US Attorneys have been a bag of lazy bastards for a long time.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:44:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
I agree 100%.
The assholes in congress have abrogated their responsibilities to the nation in their pursuit of power, money, and influence.
We'd do better with a Congressional Draft, 2 years service, no exemptions, period.  Never get to serve in any public office thereafter.
Then we can start in on the Civil Service and the fucking retards in that mess.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:49:02 AM EDT
[#18]
I hoped Trump would show the rest of the Republicans how to find and use their balls.  Apparently not as they continue to be doormats and let the Democrats walk all over them.

The hate and intolerance of the left should be made nightly news by the Republicans.  Their hate and intolerance is 10 fold that the Republicans ever had.  Yet the response from Republicans *crickets*.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:51:00 AM EDT
[#19]
This happens at all levels. I knew prosecutors who received threats. Sometimes the office wouldn't even tell the prosecutor that he or she was being threatened. I got threatened in open court once. We laughed about it at the office afterwards.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:18:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mu daughter was divorcing her husband (a really nasty prick who would beat the shit out of anyone, as long as they were female and half his size).  He would call and leave threatening voicemails on her cell and house phones.  She would call the cops and play the messages, and they would say, "Unless he's here and threatening you in person, and there's an imminent risk of attack, there's nothing we can do."

Congress ain't better than my daughter.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:41:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Mu daughter was divorcing her husband (a really nasty prick who would beat the shit out of anyone, as long as they were female and half his size).  He would call and leave threatening voicemails on her cell and house phones.  She would call the cops and play the messages, and they would say, "Unless he's here and threatening you in person, and there's an imminent risk of attack, there's nothing we can do."

View Quote
Difference is it is a Federal Crime to threaten an elected official....only apparently it is not.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:47:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Did you take care of that guy?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top