Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:16:40 AM EDT
[#1]
It's funny to see how many bikers in GD think it's perfectly acceptable to kick in someone's door just because they allegedly got cut off.

I'm sure none of them, in all their years of driving/riding, have ever accidentally cut someone off, right?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:52:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's funny to see how many bikers in GD think it's perfectly acceptable to kick in someone's door just because they allegedly got cut off.

I'm sure none of them, in all their years of driving/riding, have ever accidentally cut someone off, right?
View Quote
I would say 'name one person who's said that', but there's definitely been at least one person who's said or implied that. That said, I'd be willing to bet that your perception of the percentage of motorcyclists in this thread who've said that is nowhere near reality.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:57:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I would say 'name one person who's said that', but there's definitely been at least one person who's said or implied that. That said, I'd be willing to bet that your perception of the percentage of motorcyclists in this thread who've said that is nowhere near reality.
View Quote
And to be fair that person's screen name is "bikertrash" so...

I think most here at least even those that ride have said it's a suicidal dick move to kick a car...
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:17:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I spend a lot of time on a freeway not too far from there (the 405 insead of the 14, but similar traffic patterns).

Lots of bad drivers with 2, 4, and more wheels.

Cars frequently cross 2 or 4 solid yellow lines going in and out of the carpool lane.  The yellow lines are apparently invisible to motorcycle riders (including CHP).

Many people on cell phones, sort of watching where they are going.

Traffic is frequently stop and go.  Motorcycles are allowed to lane split, so they zoom by at high speed.  If cars don't move to make room, many motorcyclists become angry and make rude gestures.  I have seen motorcyclists break off mirrors because drivers didn't see them coming up from behind and move out of the center of the lane to give them more room.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:27:29 AM EDT
[#5]
At least the dude in the Avalanche won't have to drive an Avalanche anymore.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:36:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Look at the size of that dent the biker did in that door.

Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:42:19 AM EDT
[#7]
That looks like the 14 south through Canyon Country. Figures. Probably from the AV
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:01:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Some excellent motorbike riding skills were shown there.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:02:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Time to get dashcams...
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:20:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Fuck that driver no matter what. If you try to run over someone walking, bicycling or riding a motorcycle it's attempted murder.
Kicking your shit doesn't give you the right to kill someone.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:32:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Some excellent motorbike riding skills were shown there.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:51:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Fuck that driver no matter what. If you try to run over someone walking, bicycling or riding a motorcycle it's attempted murder.
View Quote
This.

There seems to be a dichotomy here between posters who think we bikers are saying, in effect, "If you cut me off I'm going to kick your door in and you should just take it."

When in reality, it's more like "If you cut me off and I kick your door in, I am aware I am escalating the situation and actions have consequences BUT trying to run me over is still attempted murder."

Fortunately the law is on our side. Due to the increase in bikers that wear GoPros there have been quite a few stories of cagers intentionally hitting bikes going to prison for serious time. A chick in CA just went away for 6 years and a guy in TX got 15.

This forum can be as anti-bike as they want but they're still going to jail for attempted murder if they try to hit a suicicylist stunting on the freeway - whether he kicks your door or not.

I used to be a militant biker but now I've just come to realize no one is really intentionally trying to run me over and most of the time they accidentally try it could have been avoided by not being in a blind spot or making myself more visible in a lane. Cars cut off cars all the time on the road - there shouldn't be a rule that says cars are not allowed to cut off bikes or you're automatically subject to retaliation.

On the other hand, plenty of psycho car drivers will try to kill you if you cut them off too. I don't see anyone making a thread where hundreds of posters say there's something inherently wrong with drivers.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:53:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
In this thread we find out who has never ridden a bike on the streets.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Always the bikers fault in GDs eyes. Never mind the fucktard in the car probably cut the bike off.
Article says car driver accidentally cut him off.  That in no way justifies him kicking the car.
In this thread we find out who has never ridden a bike on the streets.
He's not wrong, there was no GOOD reason to kick the car, he could have followed it and once stopped gave him a piece of his mind. The middle of the road isn't the best place to pull that shit.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:43:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Guy riding the motorcycle should know never kick a cars door in revenge. The proper way is to approach on the passenger side while speeding up and break off the mirror, then quickly speed away.
View Quote
Exactly. Run like the pussies they are so often called.

Stereotypes exist for a reason.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:39:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Article says car driver accidentally cut him off. That in no way justifies him kicking the car.
View Quote
I ride and I agree.  If someone cuts me off, turns in front of me, pulls out in front of me or some other fucktardery I just let it go even if I have to take evasive action or nail the brakes.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:00:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Nah drivers in California are fucking asshole retards who take their frustrations out in traffic.
View Quote
Drivers all over the country, not just CA or FL.  I've seen it her in KY,TN,IN.  You've got to be the bigger person and just take a deep breath and not escalate things in this day an age or you may wind up explaining things to a DA when they get out of hand.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:03:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Makes you wonder how many times a biker was run off the road and it was just chalked up to rider inexperience.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:15:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm impressed that car managed to turn it's hazards on after
View Quote
Done by the car when the airbags popped.   Doors unlock and Onstar will call automatically in some cars.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:16:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
At least the dude in the Avalanche won't have to drive an Avalanche anymore.
View Quote
I love a happy ending
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:01:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Holy shit!

How the hell did that truck (avalanche) get rolled?
View Quote
The car's nose acted like a wedge, driving the rear end up and rotating the truck.  Angular momentum took over.
Driver had no chance.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:51:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Always the bikers fault in GDs eyes. Never mind the fucktard in the car probably cut the bike off.
View Quote
There is no excuse for kicking the car, none.

From what we saw (only what we saw), the biker started it.  Even if the car cut off the biker (off screen), there is no excuse for the biker kicking the car.  Not only was that stupid, it was reckless and wrong.

The biker's flight from the scene is a felony that will cost him his driving privilege, possibly forever, and could/should land him in jail.  

There was no excuse for intentionally trying to ram the biker.  That is easily an attempted murder charge but definitely an assault charge, either way a felony.  Driver should lose his license and land in jail.  Driver is liable for a major problem in the soon-to-come civil suit from the SUV people.

Both are guilty.  I would rain holy hell on them both.

This one was too easy.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:14:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Have they found the biker yet?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:20:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm sure he's back home in the panhandle of FL right now.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:44:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Cunt biker kicked door.  Idiot driver probably thought he hit someone, panicked, veered off into other lane, then saw he hit or was gong to hit someone, and veered back over.

I don't know where the idea he was automatically trying to run the biker over came from.  I'd put blame 50/50.  Biker for being a biker cunt, and driver for being a shitty panicked driver.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:26:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

There is no excuse for kicking the car, none.

From what we saw (only what we saw), the biker started it.  Even if the car cut off the biker (off screen), there is no excuse for the biker kicking the car.  Not only was that stupid, it was reckless and wrong.

The biker's flight from the scene is a felony that will cost him his driving privilege, possibly forever, and could/should land him in jail.  

There was no excuse for intentionally trying to ram the biker.  That is easily an attempted murder charge but definitely an assault charge, either way a felony.  Driver should lose his license and land in jail.  Driver is liable for a major problem in the soon-to-come civil suit from the SUV people.

Both are guilty.  I would rain holy hell on them both.

This one was too easy.
View Quote
Good luck proving the driver intentionally swerved into the m/c.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:43:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Good luck proving the driver intentionally swerved into the m/c.
View Quote
In 20 years of driving I've never seen anyone swerve all over a freeway due to hearing a *bump* on their rear car door. You could argue he got scared I guess, but I think we all know that 99% chance is he did it on purpose.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:49:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Right!!  He kicked it clear across 3 lanes of traffic. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:50:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I think most here at least even those that ride have said it's a suicidal dick move to kick a car...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Show me where I said it was OK for the biker to kick the car.

Here,. let me help:

Quoted:I never said the biker was in the right for kicking the car
Quoted:

Like others have said:

When assholes collide.

Biker was a douche for kicking the car, car driver was a bigger douche.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:58:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

5:45 am with light traffic so I somewhat doubt the car tried to merge into the HOV lane at a slow speed. I'm guessing it was a lane splitting situation and the car tried to block the speeding m/c or drifted in the lane as the m/c was trying to blast past. I'm just speculating based on experience.
View Quote

Lane splitting in light traffic?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:09:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Show me where I said it was OK for the biker to kick the car.

Here,. let me help:
View Quote
I can't do that, but I can show you an emoji I posted that implies "haha a joke!"

Now, see if you can show me where your sense of humor is. Surely you expected jokes with a name like "bikertrash".
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:10:22 PM EDT
[#31]
something had to have happened before the camera started to record otherwise the schmucks in the car wouldnt have just randomly recorded a bike and car for no reason... car was probably cut off, tried to speed up and cut back over to intimidate and got his door kicked in.

that said, i dont have a lot of respect for bikers. they are generally asshats in traffic... at least around atlanta they are. saw one douche on a crotch rocket doing about 110 on wet pavement yesterday near one of the busiest freeway changes we have.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:49:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Meh, I'm ok with it.  And I'm ok with the biker kicking the door in cuz he was cut off.  I'm ok with both of them ending up in a fiery wreck and slowly burning to death.  

It's just a shame innocent people were caught up in the vortex of two assholes colliding.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:13:03 PM EDT
[#33]
I hope some fucktard on a bike never kicks my vehicle while I'm at freeway speed.   What kind of mentality do you think he has do do such a thing?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:40:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I hope some fucktard on a bike never kicks my vehicle while I'm at freeway speed.   What kind of mentality do you think he has do do such a thing?
View Quote
Think of the New York City Range Rover event.   There you have what can be expected from bikers.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:56:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm sure he's back home in the panhandle of FL ANTELOPE VALLEY right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm sure he's back home in the panhandle of FL ANTELOPE VALLEY right now.
FIFY
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:47:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Right!!  He kicked it clear across 3 lanes of traffic. 
View All Quotes
Aaaand it's gone now...this particular link gave me this:
"Anti-hotlink protection: The hash code for the file you tried to view has expired."
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:42:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I can't do that, but I can show you an emoji I posted that implies "haha a joke!"

Now, see if you can show me where your sense of humor is. Surely you expected jokes with a name like "bikertrash".
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:44:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Why are you kissing me
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:47:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ape mentality. 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:06:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Milo made it a meme on Facebook.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:43:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Why are you kissing me
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Why are you kissing me
I love you man!  
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:52:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I spend a lot of time on a freeway not too far from there (the 405 insead of the 14, but similar traffic patterns).

Lots of bad drivers with 2, 4, and more wheels.

Cars frequently cross 2 or 4 solid yellow lines going in and out of the carpool lane.  The yellow lines are apparently invisible to motorcycle riders (including CHP).

Many people on cell phones, sort of watching where they are going.

Traffic is frequently stop and go.  Motorcycles are allowed to lane split, so they zoom by at high speed.  If cars don't move to make room, many motorcyclists become angry and make rude gestures.  I have seen motorcyclists break off mirrors because drivers didn't see them coming up from behind and move out of the center of the lane to give them more room.
View Quote
All of this.

The laws of physics and lug nut rule does not apply to the self important prick motorcycle rider or the idiot bicyclist.

And ofcourse the idiots in the state capital write laws that embolden these pricks.

I have too much to lose to play games in traffic but everytime darwin claims one of these pricks I laugh.     Traffic is moving at 70-75mph and here comes a lane splitting idiot motorcycle at +10mph over the flow of traffic?    Excuse me for keeping my eyes forward for the most likely threats/dangers as it relates to traffic.

Having to keep my eyes peeled for idiot motor cycles behind me isnt reasonable nor should be expected.    Not talking about changing lanes and trying to avoid something in a blind spot.  But rather having to modify driving behavior to worry about stupid shits coming up behind me.

Lane splitting in slow or dead stopped traffic?   Dont have a problem with that if the speed differential is safe/reasonable, meaning not doing 25+mph between stopped cars and ping ponging off of them if something unexpected happens.

I dont hate lane splitting but I have been in a car pool lane doing 75mph with the rest of traffic doing 55mph to my right.  Along comes the idiot motorcycle looking to lane split between my 75mph vehicle and the 55mph traffic next to me?   Yeah screw that guy, i am looking to move over when the opportunity arrises and his stupid shit behavior of trying to wedge his bike between vehicles is totally unneccessary.     I suppose if he wanted to he could have lane split between me and the AMPLE room of the break down lane to my left.

There are tons of lane splitting motorcyclists with absolutely no sense of self preservation.   And my cager ass only cares enough  to avoid being in a wreck that causes damage to my vehicle.   Cyclists of all varieties are welcome to go find another vehicle to splatter themselves on.

The concept of "due regard" goes both ways.    But we have everything being done by Ca legislators to dissuade people from driving cars.   Hell bicycles can pretty much run red lights with impunity now.    No way in hell that is going to end up badly with undue burden being on car drivers.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:11:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:21:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Looks like the car "merged" into the biker, I don't see a see a turn signal flashing on the car. If the bike is in the HOV lane, why is the car moving into that lane when there is no passenger in the car? no signal, didn't check his blind spot or look over his shoulder. Pretty hard not to see a bike that big if you look. It's not an enduro.

Sounds like it was a kid driving. Father claims his son said he was scared, said the biker "flashed a knife". Kid got a bigger dent from ramming the motorcyclist than he got from the kick, before he hit the barrier.

Motorcyclist kicks car in road rage incident, triggers chain reaction car crash in California HD
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:25:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:27:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted: the self important prick motorcycle rider or the idiot bicyclist.
View Quote
No self important pricks in cars though are there?  
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:28:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:31:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It's funny to see how many bikers car drivers in GD think it's perfectly acceptable to kick in brake check someone's door just because they allegedly got cut off they're tailgating.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:35:45 PM EDT
[#49]
What a fucking disaster, literally could not have gone any worse for the car.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:41:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

No self important pricks in cars though are there?  
View Quote
There are plenty...

Again there is the concept of due regard.

If a person has that, regardless of bike or car, they generally avoid these kinds of interactions.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top