Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 6:43:22 PM EDT
[#1]
We're getting closer to a King Charles, and frankly he isn't qualified and will make a terrible Monarch.  The subjects will hate him.

With all the outpouring of love for Diana, Charles will see the exact opposite.  He's been lucky and laying low - but when Charles gets crowned it will be a miserable day.  The only thing the monarchy has to keep the upper lip stiff and looking forward is William.  The difference between the coronations of Charles and William will be like night and day .
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 6:44:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You mean like this one......?

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/aep/WillandMarSess2/1/2/introduction

We had a Bill of Rights before you had a Country.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe they should draft a constitution and a bill of rights and do away with the monarchy like we did...

And the fact that it wasn't being respected is why we kicked you bums out.  The Founding Fathers were upset that their RIGHTS AS ENGLISHMEN were being violated.  So when it came time to draft the Constitution, after the Articles of Confederation failed, they put more teeth in our Bill of Rights, based on the lessons learned from the English Bill of Rights (which only really protected against actions by the Crown, it still allowed(s) Parliament to trample rights at will).
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 6:46:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Dude actually did multiple tours in Afghanistan, saw combat, and didn't have an army of security detail around him. 100% more badass than 90% of arfcom. He is ok in my book.
http://i64.tinypic.com/29ljpmt.jpg
View Quote
Was apparently forced to quit and wasn't happy about it as well.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 6:48:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's probably a pretty crappy job, all considering.  No real freedom, ever, and any mistakes follow you forever.

Probably way better to be #2 or 3.
View Quote
Yeah, and not even any power either.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 6:51:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

just another privileged white boy...

ZFG
View Quote
Multiple tour combat veteran. Forward Observer and Apache pilot. You cannot fake your way through flying an Apache. You're either extremely competent or you die.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It was probably no accident that Harry was around Ghurkas in Afghanistan.  Pretty sure I read that they were his guards.  You'd have a hard time finding better to guard a guy like him.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/48/ef/65/48ef65765a17ab4d2649508bed490a2f.jpg
View Quote
They awarded him a kukri. That is their ultimate sign of respect. They would not have given it to him if they didn't think he deserved it no matter who told them to.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 6:59:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They awarded him a kukri. That is their ultimate sign of respect. They would not have given it to him if they didn't think he deserved it no matter who told them to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It was probably no accident that Harry was around Ghurkas in Afghanistan.  Pretty sure I read that they were his guards.  You'd have a hard time finding better to guard a guy like him.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/48/ef/65/48ef65765a17ab4d2649508bed490a2f.jpg
I have a friend who is Captain in the Army.  He served with the Gurkhas in Afghan and later on in several other areas of conflict, earning a Queen's Commendation.

The Gurkhas he served with awarded him a Ceremonial Kukri which means more to him than any of his medals - it is indeed a true honour for a non-Gurkha to receive such recognition.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 7:12:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'll do it then; and I'll straighten out the entire damned country in the process.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 7:14:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
He's fifth in line so I doubt he will have to worry about it.
View Quote
Spot on post!
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Dude actually did multiple tours in Afghanistan, saw combat, and didn't have an army of security detail around him. 100% more badass than 90% of arfcom. He is ok in my book.
View Quote
Ditto that. I'd take Harry over the majority of Washington DC any day, all day.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 7:23:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

As above in red
View Quote
I think she was deeply affected by her father being thrust into the role of monarch, and she is very reluctant to follow her uncle's example, irrespective of the reason.

I also think she is concerned about Charles' potential to damage the monarchy, and I think that she and many Brits believe he will be a poor (shitty?) king.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 7:38:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No shit.
If it weren't for that HRH on the end of his name he would be working at McD's.
View Quote
I thought he honorably served in Afghanistan? Didn't know he was a shit slacker...
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:36:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
And the fact that it wasn't being respected is why we kicked you bums out.  The Founding Fathers were upset that their RIGHTS AS ENGLISHMEN were being violated.  So when it came time to draft the Constitution, after the Articles of Confederation failed, they put more teeth in our Bill of Rights, based on the lessons learned from the English Bill of Rights (which only really protected against actions by the Crown, it still allowed(s) Parliament to trample rights at will).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe they should draft a constitution and a bill of rights and do away with the monarchy like we did...

Good luck with getting a straight answer to that.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:53:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Truth, he needs to storm parliament and take back his country, screw the Magna Carta.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Truth, he needs to storm parliament and take back his country, screw the Magna Carta.
The Magna Carta?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:55:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's probably a pretty crappy job, all considering.  No real freedom, ever, and any mistakes follow you forever.

Probably way better to be #2 or 3.
View Quote

Mistakes?  All they do is make pretty speeches on occasion, no real decision making authority anyway.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:07:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You are...you're
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

your to old
You are...you're
Not to mention too. Too.

He's one for three with that post.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:15:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

He has also put his life on the line for his country.
View Quote
Yeah, he's no shrinking violet.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:15:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Mistakes?  All they do is make pretty speeches on occasion, no real decision making authority anyway.
View Quote
Who had the majority in parliament under Winston Churchill?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:16:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
He could be an Emperor Penguin
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:16:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Ok, so give up the monarchy, stop stealing people's money, get yourself a real job and leave the 1500's in the past where they belong.
ohh... you're not serious are you?
View Quote
They own properties that generate income for the treasury, a fraction of which they keep.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:17:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yeah... the only difference between him and an average officer is that I bet his application for pilot school was not even looked at past the name before the big APPROVED stamp was applied, and I imagine his instructor pilots were not "fleet average" either.

Don't take that the wrong way... by all accounts he's a good guy who really cared for his troops in the field and wanted to get out there and put lead downrange.  More than can be said for 90%+ of either the US or the UK.
View Quote
An acquaintance knows him professionally and reports that he has the gift of leadership and would have a sterling career in his own right.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:20:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Both Princes are honorable men.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:43:08 PM EDT
[#24]
I would think that being constantly gawked at and relentlessly criticised would take some getting used to.

In spite of training from birth, I would think it probably still annoys the shit out of them.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:04:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You took your time.  Homer Bucket must be full by now.
View Quote
Am I entirely wrong? I read the quote to be an understated way of saying "No one wants to see grandmother die".
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:13:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
But I don't believe that Prince Charles is, and unfortunately,  he's first in line to become king after Queen Elizabeth passes.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:17:00 PM EDT
[#27]
But they take the pomp and circumstance.  Cushy schools cushy military career.  Free living and money. But no responsibility
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:49:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
But they take the pomp and circumstance.  Cushy schools cushy military career.  Free living and money. But no responsibility
View Quote
More herping and derping.  FYI they make $$ for the England not cost them $$.

Flies Apaches, kills terrorists, dates hot women but arfcom calls him a pussy.

Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:05:40 AM EDT
[#29]
I'll volunteer to be their king.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:55:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:55:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:56:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:57:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I expect that he'll renounce in favor of William.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
But I don't believe that Prince Charles is, and unfortunately,  he's first in line to become king after Queen Elizabeth passes.
I expect that he'll renounce in favor of William.
I hope he does.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:25:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I have a friend who is Captain in the Army.  He served with the Gurkhas in Afghan and later on in several other areas of conflict, earning a Queen's Commendation.

The Gurkhas he served with awarded him a Ceremonial Kukri which means more to him than any of his medals - it is indeed a true honour for a non-Gurkha to receive such recognition.
View Quote
It would be awesome if Prince Harry used it for knighting purposes, assuming it's something he does.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:28:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
You are...you're
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

your to old
You are...you're
yer and that
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:37:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Shitbag needs a haircut and his pant legs are untucked.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:40:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:41:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Report back after you tell him that to his face. We'll wait.....
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:47:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sounds like Communism.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:51:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Let's keep the thread on track and not resume the Brit bashing.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:55:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Harry would make an awesome king as long as he keeps doing what he's doing. Keeping it real he does.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:57:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
It appears delivering an heir (and a spare) was nothing more than a duty to Charles, and once completed he felt little obligation to Diana.  Being a weirdo, he felt Camilla was more his type.  I do believe he loves his boys, it's forever a shame he didn't love their mum.

If you don't know about where Diana is buried, I suggest looking it up on YouTube.  She's on a small island in a large pond on the Spencer estate.  A simple, yet classy place where people can pay their respects but not disturb her grave.  Well done.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:58:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Report back after you tell him that to his face. We'll wait.....
View Quote
I would have no problem telling him to cut his damn hair.  Maybe that is typical in Europe but combat zone or not, you wouldn't seen an American officer looking like that.  And while you are hacking that mane off, lose the stubble and the girly bracelets too.  And get a proper holster for your pistol, you can afford it.  Sir.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:59:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Ok, so give up the monarchy, stop stealing people's money, get yourself a real job and leave the 1500's in the past where they belong.
ohh... you're not serious are you?
View Quote
someone just got royally triggered.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:01:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Elizabeth II did not necessarily want to become queen but understood it was her duty to her country. Her father felt the same after the embaresment of Edward VIIIs abdication. I think people are taking that comment the wrong way
View Quote
I watched that movie too.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
One scandal book I read said she was renown for the quality of her blow jobs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
King Edward VIII gave up the throne for pussy so it must not be much of a job.

Duke of Windsor for the win.
One scandal book I read said she was renown for the quality of her blow jobs.
Well there you go then. The branches on his family tree may have crossed several times but he was not retarded. Duke of Windsor and world class BJs. Winning.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:05:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Harry would make an awesome king as long as he keeps doing what he's doing. Keeping it real he does.
View Quote
Agreed
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:17:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Well there you go then. The branches on his family tree may have crossed several times but he was not retarded. Duke of Windsor and world class BJs. Winning.  
View Quote
That episode of The Queen had me in tears by the end of it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:23:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I watched that movie too.
View Quote
What movie? I'm just going the English history class I took on college, always thought it was interesting
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:37:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I would have no problem telling him to cut his damn hair.  Maybe that is typical in Europe but combat zone or not, you wouldn't seen an American officer looking like that.  And while you are hacking that mane off, lose the stubble and the girly bracelets too.  And get a proper holster for your pistol, you can afford it.  Sir.
View Quote
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top