Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/3/2001 6:31:40 PM EDT
Simple yes or no will suffice. I am curious to see what the majority of members of AR15.com vote.

I will cast the first vote.

Yes!

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 6:32:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes to enforcing laws

No to the existance of some of these laws

Link Posted: 5/3/2001 6:33:43 PM EDT
[#2]
When it is applied correctly YES!
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 6:34:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 6:34:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, with common sense.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 6:36:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, same views as Stormbringer.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 6:43:50 PM EDT
[#6]
"Neither 'yes' nor 'no' would be a complete answer."

This is like asking if someone is "pro-abortion".  I don't know anyone who LIKES them.  OTOH, I only know a couple of people who would tell a woman with a tubal pregnancy that she has to wait until her uterus explodes before she can have the badly-placed fetus eliminated. . . .
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 6:46:19 PM EDT
[#7]
yes, but why do we have so damned many laws?
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 6:46:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes! Cops are cool!
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 6:48:49 PM EDT
[#9]

The question is too vague to be of any value.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 6:52:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 71-Hour Achmed:
"Neither 'yes' nor 'no' would be a complete answer."

This is like asking if someone is "pro-abortion".  I don't know anyone who LIKES them.  OTOH, I only know a couple of people who would tell a woman with a tubal pregnancy that she has to wait until her uterus explodes before she can have the badly-placed fetus eliminated. . . .
View Quote

I didn't realize this was such a hard question.

Let me simplify it for you.

Do you like Cops?

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 6:56:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Do you like Cops?

View Quote

Ok, I'll be the first NO.

However, I do think there is a need for LE.

BTW: MindHunter, you have mail.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 6:58:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

BTW: MindHunter, you have mail.
View Quote

Thanks I will check it later tonight.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 6:59:06 PM EDT
[#14]
NOT ones like you
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 7:01:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Of course. YES.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 7:03:02 PM EDT
[#16]
No. I don't know why,
but for some reason even though I have never broken any laws I get nervous whenever one decides to come flying up behind me
and compromise MY safety by tailgating.

Link Posted: 5/3/2001 7:04:21 PM EDT
[#17]
I like all cops that uphold the constatution. Hows that for an answer?
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 7:07:06 PM EDT
[#18]
I like cops, I like the police, I like law enforcement types, generally.

But they scare the crap outta me, and I'm USUALLY not doing anything wrong.

It may stem from my experience as a youth much attached to certain, shall we say, muscle cars.

I drove a '68 Chevy Camaro convertable around Shreveport, for about 5 years, with headers and straight exhaust pipes.  I was always dodging the constabulary!

Or it could be from my chemically-enhanced days as a doper, druggie, head, or whatever.  Once again, I was dodging the law.

So naturally, I became a lawyer.[:D]

I still get nervous when a black & white pulls up alongside or in back of me!

Eric The(Don't Shoot!)Hun

Link Posted: 5/3/2001 7:22:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes to Law Enforcement.
Yes to Donuts.
A point of interest. In the next five years approximately 50% of America's police officers will be eligible for retirement. From the other forum "I have no use for cops" I noticed several responses by the ignorant. Maybe you guys could apply for all those openings and IF you pass the tests, and the boards, and the polygraph, and the psychological then you can go out there and change the world. Some of us could use the help.
Augie
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 7:36:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Yes, I like cops.  Most of the cops I know personally are really cool.  
You are right Augie, most of the cops in america will be coming up for retirement in the next few years.  That is why when I graduate I am going into law enforcement.  So all you cop haters might as well start on me now.

mattjedi[x]
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 7:38:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Yes.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 7:46:04 PM EDT
[#22]
[b][size=5]YES[/size=5]

[sniper]
The Sniper
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 8:08:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Grin&Barrett:
NOT ones like you
View Quote

Do I know you?

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 8:28:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 8:29:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I drove a '68 Chevy Camaro convertable around Shreveport, for about 5 years, with headers and straight exhaust pipes.  I was always dodging the constabulary!
View Quote

I would give my left one for a 68 Camaro. I would also just pay the ticket lol.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 8:32:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Pro Cop
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 8:37:09 PM EDT
[#27]
No! I do have friends in LE but I would rather have self law enforcement eye for an eye. I'm am not saying there not good people in LE but their are just to many john waynes and some real dum laws starting with guns laws.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 8:50:33 PM EDT
[#28]
YES.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 8:56:21 PM EDT
[#29]
yes, espicially since i might become one if i pass the physical for the airforce. still waiting for my form DD214 (army) to come back so i can continue to process.

laws should exist to protect people's inalienable rights.

unfortuanetly laws are passed by beauracrats for political power and control of the people. cops have to put up with both policing and enforcing BS laws to keep their jobs.

possible pig lib
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 9:06:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Sort of like asking do you like black people isn't it? The question eludes any chance of judging an individual based on his individual personality.
Do I like my friend Keith who is a county cop? Yes.
Do I like that guy Mike who is also a county cop my wife worked with for a while? No.

Do you like Postal workers Hunter? How about Salesmen?

Do you like Delivery guys or Commercial ailine pilots?

Kind of a hard question to answer without being sterotypical isn't it? Isn't this what you are always screaming at all the leo bashers for? Generalizing? Just my .02 but I say it's a loaded question.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 9:07:44 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm pro LEO. The few I know personally are really good guys. Respectable men. I'm sure there are some out there that don't deserve the respect thats due the badge, but just like every other profession no matter what it is, there are always "bad apples". No one has to LIKE police officers .... but EVERYONE should respect the law.               -- Rooster
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 9:10:36 PM EDT
[#32]
You bet your sweet Mocha Coolatta I am!
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 9:34:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Isn't this what you are always screaming at all the leo bashers for? Generalizing? Just my .02 but I say it's a loaded question.
View Quote

General is all I am after it's not a loaded question. If you are incapable of deciding generally if you like Cops or not thats fine, Don't vote.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 10:05:49 PM EDT
[#34]
As a retired LEO (car accident did me in) for the past 14 years (and i'm only 36) I've experienced both sides of the view you could say and my answer is absolutely YES!! You must be completely mindless if you don't think we need officers, It's the only profession in the world that you are hated simply for the uniform you wear !! You must respect it , not simply because it has a gun, but because it demands respect, this is the way it must be or total chaos would occur...russ
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 10:15:47 PM EDT
[#35]
NO, that's because most of them dont have any idea what they're doing.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 10:22:15 PM EDT
[#36]
I ONLY like cops like Jack McLamb and Sheriff John Mack.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 10:33:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 10:36:13 PM EDT
[#38]
LOL!!
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 10:51:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't this what you are always screaming at all the leo bashers for? Generalizing? Just my .02 but I say it's a loaded question.
View Quote

General is all I am after it's not a loaded question. If you are incapable of deciding generally if you like Cops or not thats fine, Don't vote.
View Quote

It depends on what I have to base the generalization on. Since what I have to base it on is limited i.e.: Since I can't possibly know enough l.e.o.'s to make a snap judgement of [u]all[/u] l.e.o.'s I cannot fairly answer. It's foolish to ask someone to make a general judgement of a broad base of people based on limited knowledge. It would be even more foolish to answer a question based on that limited knowledge. Do you dispute this reasoning?
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 11:04:02 PM EDT
[#40]
name fits
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 11:08:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Here's a prime example of the type of question your asking. MindHunter, do you want to buy a rifle for 500 bucks? Please limit your answer to yes or no.

Nothing personal, you seem like an ok guy, I just thought it was a question to which no answer would be a good one since no good comes from making jugements based on things for which you can't possibly know all the facts. That's the last harrasment you'll hear from me. I wouldn't want you to come arrest me or even worse take me into an alley and whoop me.[;)]
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 11:09:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Do you dispute this reasoning?
View Quote

Nope I will count you as a maybe unless you think that is too general.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 11:20:03 PM EDT
[#43]
After having been beaten on three seperate occasions by COPs that when gone to court the charges were dropped for various reasons....

No, COPs SUCK.

[rail]Railgun....
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 11:36:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
After having been beaten on three seperate occasions by COPs that when gone to court the charges were dropped for various reasons....

No, COPs SUCK.
View Quote

What did you do, squeal on them to their wives about LEGP rifles they were buying without the wives' knowledge or approval? [:)]
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 11:45:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Oh come on now.

I was an honest mistake....

I knew it would come to this.

What the hell are you buying a NON Colt weapon for anyway?

[rail]Railgun....
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 11:53:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Okay, I can see what little conscience you have has been disturbed, so I'll forgive and forget. Maybe. [:)]

I don't really know what possessed me to buy anything other than a Colt AR. Support for the site? Rarity? Potential collectability? Who knows.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 12:04:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Lack of conscience aside....

I said I was sorry on the LEGP forum but I won't run all over in reply to a dig on the error.

An empty safe is scary.

[rail]Railgun....
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 12:15:22 AM EDT
[#48]
YES I enforce all the laws  at my house
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 12:19:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you dispute this reasoning?
View Quote

Nope I will count you as a maybe unless you think that is too general.

Hunter out...
View Quote

Hey Hunter...looks like we both learned where that freakin 1 percent "undecided"
comes from on every poll in the world huh?

If I was to have to decide I would say I like most cops I have met, but don't neccesarily agree with plenty of laws. Most cops are cool if you treat them with a little respect just like anyone else. Whenever I get pulled over I try to keep my hands on my wheel throughout the stop. I have found most cops are smart enough to realize I do this as a common courtesy and as an aknowledgement that they have a potentially dangerous job. Most of the time this results in a little slack back my way.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 12:21:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Sort of like asking do you like black people isn't it? The question eludes any chance of judging an individual based on his individual personality.
Do I like my friend Keith who is a county cop? Yes.
Do I like that guy Mike who is also a county cop my wife worked with for a while? No.

Do you like Postal workers Hunter? How about Salesmen?

Do you like Delivery guys or Commercial ailine pilots?

Kind of a hard question to answer without being sterotypical isn't it? Isn't this what you are always screaming at all the leo bashers for? Generalizing? Just my .02 but I say it's a loaded question.
View Quote

Actually I don't see how this question is so hard to answer. Your either PRO Law enforcement or against.....

I'm PRO

John[heavy]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top