BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 12:27:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, They ARE my backup.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 12:34:19 AM EDT
[#2]
In my business I deal with a lot of LEO's and quite a few are friends and Buds, so most definitely yes...
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 3:11:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes. You don't want people driving down the highway at 59 mph.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 3:24:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes

My 67 GTO got me on a first name basis with a few.
[:D]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 3:56:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
After having been beaten on three seperate occasions by COPs that when gone to court the charges were dropped for various reasons....

No, COPs SUCK.

Railgun....
View Quote

3 Times???  Something tells me it was justified......
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 3:57:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes, definately.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 4:01:01 AM EDT
[#7]
They are deffinitely a necessity in our society. So, "YES."  But if we lived in some sort of utopia where everyone was armed and intelligent, then, "NO."
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 4:24:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 4:32:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 5:00:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes. An armed Jarhead is the Constitutionally-minded police officer's best friend.

Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.

---------------
"I, (state your name) do solemnly swear that I will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America from all enemies, foreign and domestic."
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 5:10:48 AM EDT
[#11]
State and local LE---YES
Federal LE(the alphabet soup agencies)---NO
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 5:16:29 AM EDT
[#12]
"I don't hate cops, I just feel better when they are not around". That about sums it up for me.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 5:17:04 AM EDT
[#13]
YES
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 5:17:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 5:24:43 AM EDT
[#15]
I support any police officer that supports my right to own a firearm.

That eliminates the top police brass of MOST big cities.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 5:41:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Heck No! I am a municipal police ofc, but I have issues. [>q].
Mike
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 5:44:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Do I like Cops?
Do I like Cars?
Do I like Fire?

Yes or No?

Well, yes and no.  Like cars and fire, they generally serve to great benefit of society.  However their existance is dangerous provides a convenient mechanism for evil men to deprive the law abiding of their freedom.  In this country, BATF is probably the best example of the abuse of law enforcement.

Pesonally do I like cops?  Yes and no.  My cousin is married to one, and I've met others.  Like any other group of people, they are mostly good people with others that are just OK and some that are complete assholes.

I must say that the police departments do seem to do a pretty good job of weeding out the assholes.  Considering the flaming assholes I've run into that "are planning on becoming cops" and the relative scarcity among actual cops.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 6:06:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Garandman is dead on. The majority of Brass-lite cops respect our birthrights, and the 2nd Amendment role in protecting it from a tyrannical government. And support concealed carry.
Mike

And for that matter, why not overt carry?
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 6:10:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Yep, when done correctly, hell yes!!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 6:27:06 AM EDT
[#20]
100% yes
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 7:26:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
As a retired LEO (car accident did me in) for the past 14 years (and i'm only 36) I've experienced both sides of the view you could say and my answer is absolutely YES!! You must be completely mindless if you don't think we need officers, It's the only profession in the world that you are hated simply for the uniform you wear !! You must respect it , not simply because it has a gun, but because it demands respect, this is the way it must be or total chaos would occur...russ
View Quote

Let me try and enlighten you.  The question was not whether or not we need cops, it is whether we support them.  Of course someone has to enforce the laws, duh.  Yes, people do hate cops for the uniform.  However that comes with the territory and anyone who joins should know that before they take the job.  If they don't then too bad for them.  As for respect, in the civilian world (which includes cops), it is earned not demanded.  Only in the military is respect demanded and then only for the persons rank.  To use Mayberry as an example, both Barney and Andy had the uniform only one got respect and he earned it.  Maybe all those Barneys out there could get a clue.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 7:38:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Yes, wether I agree with the laws or not, I belive that Police Officers are generally a good thing.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 8:01:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Paulie Walnuts:
Quoted:
After having been beaten on three seperate occasions by COPs that when gone to court the charges were dropped for various reasons....

No, COPs SUCK.

Railgun....
View Quote

3 Times???  Something tells me it was justified......
View Quote

Justifiable Brutality eh?  I was under 25 when all of this happened, I answered the questions and I asked questions. They told me to shut up but I felt it my right to ask, this upset them no end but it also caused them to FlICK up.

Once I simply went to sign the booking papers and noticed the computer printout was out dated on what job I had, I pointe the pen at this line of info and the COP went ballistic grabbing me by the hair and beat my head on the paper....the blood from the cuts on my face after that one ruined his paperwork moreso than if I had corrected the info.

Still Mr. Walnuts, the fact remains that EVERY single arrest even if the beat down did not take place, I took all the way to court and BEAT them. Why is it that COPs don't show up prepared? Or for that matter at all the court dates?

I am not the idiot you would like to think I am.

[rail]Railgun....
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 8:21:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Pro LEO.

I work very closely with various law enforement agencies. There are always going to be assholes in every profession. But, remember that cops see the worst that society has to offer. Not trying to make excuses, because there is no excuse, but the stress has got to affect some adversely.

Speaking of the coming wave of retirements in law enforcement, in the S.F. bay area it looks like it has already begun. I can't believe the number of kids I see every day with a gun and badge. But at least they seem to be, for the most part, very professional, efficient and respectful. They all look to be about half my age.

Guess I'm just getting older.

Link Posted: 5/4/2001 8:38:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Yes if carried out right.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 8:44:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Railgun, if you're not the kind of idiot we think you are...what kind of idiot are you?
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 8:47:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Actually I don't see how this question is so hard to answer. Your either PRO Law enforcement or against.....

I'm PRO

John[heavy]
View Quote

So in other words you unconditionally support cops like raphael perez and his merry band of thugs of the Rampart Division of the LAPD.

Link Posted: 5/4/2001 8:55:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Railgun, if you're not the kind of idiot we think you are...what kind of idiot are you?
View Quote

I'm still standing even after "Authoritive" thugs try to beat me down.

You should see the physical outburst of the COP who DID show up to court when thry dismissed his lame case.

I am no idiot period, neither am I afraid to confront the holier than thou attitude of the LEO. Putting you on edge is easy, the result is predictable. COPs will ALWAYS band up together to support each other even if the root cause is questionable.

And you cannot deny the unfavorable sentiment expressed by others here and in the daily interactions. COPs seem to think that it's the right thing to treat others with excessive force. Bragging about instances where they had a "Good" one who fought back and they had to do this or that.

I am a guitar player, when the COPs busted fingers that was it man.

FlICK em ALL.....

[rail]Railgun....
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 9:48:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 9:55:53 AM EDT
[#30]
No I can't stand cops of any kind. I've met good cops and bad cops but I'll be honest with you. If a dirty cop does something bad and a good cop knows about it he will do nothing about it cause they stick together. Cops who have friends that get into trouble will help them out of it even though they need the punishment they should get. Why should people who break the law not have to pay for their crimes because they have a friend who is a cop? Is that justice? Cops get away with anything because who would take a civilians word over a cops? I wouldn't cross the street to piss on a cop if he was on fire. If any of you lived in my town you would feel the same way. I tried to press charges on my sisters ex husband for beating her and they wouldn't let me because they said it was just a demestic dispute and I should forget about it. Did I mention he is friends with several cops in this town? Well thats fine, I took matters into my own hands and beat the shit out of him 2 days latter. After spending a week in the hospital he hasn't messed with her since. That was 4 years ago. If the cops would have done thier job that could have been avoided. But to be honest it felt so good to swing that bat...LOL So to sum things up, COPS SUCK
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 10:22:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Simple Yes.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 10:38:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Seeing as I am going to school to become one, I am going to go with the answer that does not bash the future me. I support LEO's.

Kyle
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 10:42:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Yes to the good cops.  No to the bad cops.  I think being a police officer is one of the most underpaid risky thankless jobs you can get.  They deserve all of the help they can get.  I'd would risk my life to help one out.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 10:57:46 AM EDT
[#34]
What kpel308 said.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 11:14:58 AM EDT
[#35]
It seems that we are seeing an awful lot of misinterpretation of the Questions before us, to wit:
 "Do you support the idea/concept of Law Enforcement?"

My Answer:
 I support the concept of law enforcement.  I also support the idea of REASONABLE laws.  I do NOT support Legislators who think that by passing more and more useless or unenforcable laws they justify their positions.  I do NOT support the creation of a Byzantine system of law which maintains that "ignorance of the Law is no Excuse."  If Ignorance is no excuse, then keep the system simple enough to understand.  

I support Law Enforcement.  I support the idea that LEO's should be very carefully selected individuals, chosen for their dedication to the welfare of the public at large, and for their devotion to public safety.  I think "bad cops" should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and should be IMMEDIATELY relieved of duty.  I think that the more we make examples of dirty cops, the more cops will be willing to be "clean."

My opinion is somewhat stilted, as I have been friends with various LEOs since I was five years old.  A 40-year cop taught me to drive.  The same cop also started me off on learning tactical handgun shooting.  I have instructed cops in firearms and high-speed driving, and I have found them to be, in the main, decent hardworking people who know they have a dirty job.  IT MUST BE DONE.

As a whole, Law Enforcement cannot survive without the assistance of the public at large.  And, the more the public is willing to assist lcal LE, the farther we stay away from the idea of America as a police state.  A free country?  A bloody noble goal, and one whose time has once again come.

Some of you will disagree.  Fine.  Ask my wife, I have broad shoulders and thick hide.  Flame away!

FFZ
[email protected]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 11:18:09 AM EDT
[#36]
yep
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 1:16:16 PM EDT
[#37]
A little long but [red][b]WORTH[/b][/red] reading!

[url]http://www.sierratimes.com/archive/starticles/2001/jan/arjj011701.htm[/url]

Relates directly to this topic.

Link Posted: 5/4/2001 1:19:13 PM EDT
[#38]
yes, but the issue is with enforcing unjust laws
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 1:20:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Overall, yes.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 12:28:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
Quoted:

Actually I don't see how this question is so hard to answer. Your either PRO Law enforcement or against.....

I'm PRO

John[heavy]
View Quote

So in other words you unconditionally support cops like raphael perez and his merry band of thugs of the Rampart Division of the LAPD.

View Quote

Your trying to read into the question to much. It's a generalized question. Of course there are good cops and bad cops just like there are good teachers and bad teachers and good priests and bad priests. You have to take the bad with the good. So in general I support Law enforcement. Nothing in my life is "unconditional" except for the love and respect for my family and the fight to keep my freedom and constitutional rights.

John

Link Posted: 5/5/2001 10:32:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:

View Quote

Imbrog|io,
You could very easily be dismissed as an uneducated misguided patriot with an internet connection.

But I am not buying it. I have been reading your posts for sometime now and I see your intelligence at times beaming through all the horse shit you post.

I admire the fact that you are not wishy washy like some folks around here.

I wish you would take the time to see the big picture even if you choose not to post so.

My email is always open.

Hunter out...

Link Posted: 5/5/2001 11:04:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Well if thats how it has to be the answer is "no", I think there are some very good cops out there, but some of the "laws" they enforce are clearly illagle. And "because its the law" just don't cut it.

Rew
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 11:10:05 PM EDT
[#43]
If you mean LEO like my uncle or cousin, one of my groomsmen or my BROTHER !

Yes.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 11:45:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 9:02:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Absolutely yes!!  A cop is your best friend when the SHTF.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 9:14:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Generally yes... LEs have a tough job and crappy pay. But corruption runs high among the urban cops in San Diego. Also, any cop who violates one's civil rights or enforces unconstitutional (and therefore unlawful) laws does not have my support.

Quite the opposite, in fact... [kill]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 9:23:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Yes, I support a honest,loyal, trust worthy and hardworking law enforcement officer,

Mrs DieselDoctor
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 10:19:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Every LEO is different. Are you talking about the general concept of law enforcement? Or the reality of it?
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 11:38:27 AM EDT
[#49]
No

Just because a person has a badge and a gun does not put them above the law. Go into a bar that is frequinted by cops and see how many get loaded and drive home.They know if another cop pulls them over they will look the other way.Ever notice while driving down the freeway a cop car cruising by you 10-15mph over the speed limit whole not chaseing anyone? All cops I have known have an EGO PROBLEM. I am amazed how often while watching COPS an officer will pull their Glock and stick it in the persons face for a traffic infraction. This is bullshit. They should change their motto; "To Harass and Intimidate". A word of advice, dont pull your gun unless you plan on using it. Some people dont take kindly to it.[pistol]

Speak softly and carry a big magnum
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 1:59:27 PM EDT
[#50]
its about 50-50 when there helpful there great but more times they are not!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top