Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 2:49:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Yellow Lab:
BTW, lordtrader, I know you moved from Kali, but do men really eat ramen noodles in Texas??
View Quote

[;D] Gee I don't know but the whole meal cost me less than .50 cents.

Top Ramen = .10
Hot Dogs(on sale @ Krogers) = .99 per pack divide by 10 equal to .099 per hd. I used 2 equals to .18 cents
Healthy Choice Ice Cream(on sale at Krogers) = $2.50 for 1/2 gallon. I guesstimate I used about .10cents worth.
Glass of water = Estimate .02cents w/ ice.

Total .40cents for dinner.

Responses I got for this topic: [b]PRICELESS[/b]

"For every gunboard, there a single broke mofo lurking"

[:D]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 3:02:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Lordtrader, The wife and I are going out to eat tonight at PF Changs on the Dallas north tollway. My favorite meal when I was single was beenie weenies  mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 3:10:23 PM EDT
[#3]
OTOH, you can buy a LEGP and I can't.  The PRK government has taken care of that for me. [:(]
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 5:41:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Dinner tonight will be:

Roast Venison
Stove Top Stuffing
Steamed Veggies w/ butter
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 8:33:12 AM EDT
[#5]
We (NOT a bachelor here) try to make dinners interesting on the weekends so that the Woodge (my son's nickname) learns to like all sorts of food.

Tonight will be:

Fresh homemade french bread garlic bread
A fresh homemade greek salad with feta, olives, and anchovies
Veal/eggplant rollatine (this is REALLY good):

-thin slices of eggplant that have been breaded and pan fried
-veal filets pounded flat
-place veal filets on eggplant
-place a reasonably thick slice of mozzarella at the back end of the veal/eggplant
-place 1 tbs chopped fresh garlic and basil in front of cheese. place slice of frozen spinach in front of  garlic/basil
-roll egplant/veal up around filling, and use uncooked spaghetti to hold it in place.

Make 4 - 8 more and put them in casserole dish.

Cover with your favorite pasta sauce (we use homemade with lots of cayenne and red pepper), then cover with a layer of parmesan and mozzarella.

Cover casserole dish and toss in preheated oven at 450 for an hour.

Back to the rest of dinner:

Sauteed spinach with garlic and mushrooms
Potato gnocchi

Dessert will be a homemade apple pie a la mode, to be consumed while we watch "The Patriot"

How is your Saturday night going to be?

Take care,

Adam
---
Adam Firestone
Editor-in-Chief
CRUFFLER.COM
http://www.cruffler.com
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 8:58:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Raw fish ahi poke and Heineken beer!  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 5:43:48 PM EDT
[#7]
 If you like hotdogs & noodles try Macaroni and cheese and hotdogs.  My mom used to make it cause it was a cheap way to feed 5 kids.  I still like it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 8:41:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Burger King [:X*]

The Captian Morgan and Coke for desert wasnt bad though.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 8:43:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Burger King [:X*]

The Captian Morgan and Coke for desert wasnt bad though.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 8:50:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
 If you like hotdogs & noodles try Macaroni and cheese and hotdogs.  My mom used to make it cause it was a cheap way to feed 5 kids.  I still like it.
View Quote

Oh yes I like em too. Better yet Spam and Mac&Cheese.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 9:00:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 6:53:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Next time your at Krogers get some chili meat and a package of Wick Fowlers chili mix. Aint bad stuff and its a good base to start experimenting with. Make up a big batch and freeze whats leftover. Yummy and goes good in the wave. A word of warning though, this may not be the best meal in the world in the months from mid May till about Oct. 1 or so. :D
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top