Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2017 12:54:54 PM EDT
There was mention of a trap called Terro or ferro or something. Does someone know what I'm talking about?
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 12:56:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Terro liquid ant bait
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:00:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Terro works. But all it is is borax and sugar. Easy to make yourself.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:03:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I own a pest control business and I recommend the liquid Terro bait all the time. The best bang for the buck in over the counter pest control.

The little domed traps suck in comparison.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:09:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Put a drop of Terro on a piece or 2 of card, and place in their travel path. They will be lined up by the dozens like cows at a pond. In a couple of days they will stop showing up.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:11:34 PM EDT
[#5]
That was my thread a few days back. People recommended the Terro ant traps and they worked well! The first two I put out had a massive amount of ants come to them and within two days, the ants were gone.

Terro Bait
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:13:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I own a pest control business and I recommend the liquid Terro bait all the time. The best bang for the buck in over the counter pest control.

View Quote
That stuff works on sugar ants. What do you use for grease ants?
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:18:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Just had to put some out this morning.  I like the liquid u drop on cardboard vs. the bait stations.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:22:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I use Terro to get rid of ants (they always come out in the spring). Once they find it they're climbing over each other to get to it and they gobble it up like rats in an Indian restaurant. Add a few more drops as needed and after a few days, no more ants.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:38:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That was my thread a few days back. People recommended the Terro ant traps and they worked well! The first two I put out had a massive amount of ants come to them and within two days, the ants were gone.

Terro Bait
View Quote
Terror is awesome stuff.  I like terro in the little plastic containers from the link above.  The bottle where you put down pools of it seems like it dries out too fast to work.   If the trap dries up you can just put a couple drops of water in it and shake it a little and its back in action.

Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:41:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I used the Terro traps which would leave some dead ants inside, but there were always more.

I had really good luck using Amdro granules around the house though. Ants inside we're gone after 2 days
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:44:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The bottle where you put down pools of it seems like it dries out too fast to work.
View Quote
I put it in their path of travel and they find it immediately. They gobble it up so fast that it's gone before it has time to dry.

I've also put it where they were but I hadn't seen them for a few days. In my experience the stuff lasts long enough that if they're still in the area, they find it before it has time to dry. If not, it usually means they're gone anyway.

The real question is, how much do you need for one of these guys?  

Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:45:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Any recommendations for something to spray on the grass that won't harm livestock? Tired of getting bit all the time by fire ants at the hunting camp.

Edit to add- something to spray on grass instead of just outside the house. 
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:47:46 PM EDT
[#13]
yep terro works.

Tried one of the other brands of liquid bait first... ants didn't touch it... was utterly worthless. 

Bought Terro and it did the trick.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 2:00:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Mix one part each of Cornmeal, Sugar and Borax. attracts sugar ants and grease ants. It's the Borax that kills them. It should be pretty harmless to other animals and people
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 2:21:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Mix one part each of Cornmeal, Sugar and Borax. attracts sugar ants and grease ants. It's the Borax that kills them. It should be pretty harmless to other animals and people
View Quote
We use one part flour, one part sugar, one part borax powder (from drug store) and enough crisco to make balls.  Kills ants, roaches, starch and sugar eating insects real dead.  The balls can be placed under stove, fridge out of sight. After a couple of weeks no more bugs, usually gets them all.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 2:42:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 2:44:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 3:07:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Any recommendations for something to spray outside that won't harm livestock? Tired of getting bit all the time by fire ants at the hunting camp.
View Quote
Demon WP

Spray it around the perimeter.  If you want to see dead bugs you can spray it around the inside.  I just sprayed the inside of my garage and there are dead bugs all out there I need to sweep out.

Think I bought it on Amazon.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 3:11:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Talstar or go home.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 3:28:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Demon WP

Spray it around the perimeter.  If you want to see dead bugs you can spray it around the inside.  I just sprayed the inside of my garage and there are dead bugs all out there I need to sweep out.

Think I bought it on Amazon.
View Quote
I love Demon WP and use it all the time where I can. Should have been more specific in my post and say on the grass around the camp. Unfortunately, Demon is not safe for areas where livestock graze. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top