Teener fucking shit up again.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 8:39:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Only NC Star products for me
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 8:51:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

if i take it apart and push the locking lever back, i can pluck out the spring with my finger

mounts should not have the ability to come apart like that
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:01:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It didn't take long as I thought  for one of you to out yourself. Sorry about your lack of foresight.

Don't post a pic of your rifle with a Geissele QD mount or any other QD mount. I will be watching.
View Quote
I like how they speak in absolutes when they should be speaking for themselves.

And there is a need for QD on my rifles.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:16:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It didn't take long as I thought  for one of you to out yourself. Sorry about your lack of foresight.

Don't post a pic of your rifle with a Geissele QD mount or any other QD mount. I will be watching.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:36:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I haven't had one fail yet (out of 7), what should I be looking for exactly?
View Quote
Look for a spring recoil lug under .210. Essentially, if they get smaller than that they will shift back and forth when you push on them - like this:

That is one of the mounts that broke on me.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:38:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol ok?
I don't fucking care.
Holy shit some ass much on the internet is watching and waiting to see if I get a Geissele QD mount.
Your life must really suck
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:39:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
QD is retarded.
Explain why an optic needs the capability to be able to be attached and removed quickly.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:43:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have zero issues with mine. Holds zero, and locks on just fine.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:47:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

QD is retarded.
Explain why an optic needs the capability to be able to be attached and removed quickly.
View Quote
I remove all of the attachments before putting my rifles back into my safe.  That way the rails can breathe.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:49:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I remove all of the attachments before putting my rifles back into my safe.  That way the rails can breathe.
View Quote
legit made me lol
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:53:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
QD is retarded.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

QD is retarded.
Convenience, and often cost the same or less than a nice pair of fixed rings yet can return to zero after being removed?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:55:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Convenience, and often cost the same or less than a nice pair of fixed rings yet can return to zero after being removed?
View Quote
>his mounts attachment points provide less than 1,400 LBS of clamping force

I honestly don't even know what I'd do with myself, tbh.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:57:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Never had issues with mine.
If it fails I'll buy a LaRue but till then, it'll stay. Holds zero just fine
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:01:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

QD is retarded.
Kinda hard to use my rear BUIS if I my variable optic takes a shit.

QD still isn't retarded.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:04:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

QD still isn't retarded.
View Quote
It'd be a shame if, you know, someone had a solution for that very specific and very unlikely scenario.

Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:07:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It'd be a shame if, you know, someone had a solution for that very specific and very unlikely scenario.

http://cdn3.bigcommerce.com/s-xock0/products/1539/images/590/30079-5__44919.1404844785.1280.1280.jpg?c=2
View Quote
Digression, but man those things saved me some serious coin after I tried them out before buying an offset RDS mount. I have them on two of my VPO rifles (though I opted for the magpul metal ones)
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:08:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Digression, but man those things saved me some serious coin after I tried them out before buying an offset RDS mount. I have them on two of my VPO rifles (though I opted for the magpul metal ones)
View Quote
I actually have a few sets of the KAC ones that I haven't ever even used. Need to try them out.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:08:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

QD is retarded.
STOP MAKING SENSE!

Casval214 has some major issues with QD mounts.  One must have touched him for him to be all up in this thread
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:13:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Can we all agree that the knobs on the LMT irons and Acog are fucking stupid?

We need some common ground ITT
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:13:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Kinda hard to use a canted BUIS designed for right handed shooters when I shoot southpaw.

It's a damn shame someone cannot think of that first before they make a post about a damn shame without thinking if the shooter shoots lefty or not.

Besides, I wouldn't want canted sights even if they made them for southpaws.

Here's an idea, you do you and stay in your lane while I do me and stay in mine.

QD still isn't retarded.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:15:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Kinda hard to use a canted BUIS designed for right handed shooters when I shoot southpaw.

It's a damn shame someone cannot think of that first before they make a post about a damn shame without thinking if the shooter shoots lefty or not.

Here's an idea, you do you and stay in your lane while I do me and stay in mine.

QD still isn't retarded.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:18:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

QD is retarded.
Return to zero? Who wants that?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:19:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Return to zero? Who wants that?
View Quote
I didn't realize non-QD mounts were incapable of returning to zero.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:19:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

QD still isn't retarded.
View Quote
So let me get this straight.
Your optic got fucked up by something but it didn't kill you, destroy your rifle, or seriously wound you.
After your rifle took such a hit and you were not seriously wounded you are some how still aware enough to throw the levers on your mount and flip up your BUIS?

If it was a convince thing like CWG was saying I can buy that, your reasoning is insane.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:21:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

QD still isn't retarded.
View Quote
I shoot left handed flip the canted ones around. I swear to you they will still work.
Way to make an assumption about if a shooter might be a lefty or not.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:22:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
STOP MAKING SENSE!

Casval214 has some major issues with QD mounts.  One must have touched him for him to be all up in this thread
View Quote
No one has yet said why they need to take the optic on and off except for GSL and his reasoning is derp.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:23:16 PM EDT
[#28]
You must be some kind of god damned wizard.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:24:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You must be some kind of god damned wizard.
View Quote
I'm just waiting for QD offset iron sights.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:25:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Yeah it's pretty bizarre.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never seen a person hate so many members and be so vexed as to why so many hate him as GSL.

It's so self inflicted and hilarious

eta: Hate might be strong but the general point stands.
Yeah it's pretty bizarre.
I think he is on the spectrum.  Honestly, I'm not joking.  Basic misunderstanding of human interaction.  Overinflated sense of self-importance/correctness.  Unwilling to admit his faults.  I've seen it in people diagnosed mildly autistic.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:26:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Right, stop liking what I don't want you to like and you better like what I like and do as I do or else I will call it derp because of hurt feels that someone else is liking what I don't.

Drink more water.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:27:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Right, stop liking what I don't want you to like and you better like what I like and do as I do or else I will call it derp because of hurt feels that someone else is liking what I don't.

Drink more water.
View Quote
Look just because your reasoning is stupid is no reason to get all pissy.
Seems like the only person who has hurt feels in here is you.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:27:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Drink more water.
View Quote
Support the claims you make. The reality is "I just want QD because." is the answer, and there is no need to be ashamed of it.

What does my consumption of water have to do with this?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:34:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Drink more water.
Story of his whole posting career
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:35:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Amen.

DD and RRA got it right with their fixed BUIS.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:38:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Amen.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amen.

DD fixed are best fixed

The tension slots are a work of genius
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:48:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

No one has yet said why they need to take the optic on and off except for GSL and his reasoning is derp.
View Quote
Ive been deer hunting with a 6.8 lately. Its a nice, short and handy rifle that still does well at a reasonable distance. I use a 4x16 for that.

After I get done unsuccessfully deer hunting, I take the 4x16 off and put on a red dot to shoot hogs. Of course i could buy an offset mount for the red dot, but QD is easier for me and I'm not crazy about the cant mounts.

All that to say, I bought a 1x8 and will be trying that this year.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:56:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Ive been deer hunting with a 6.8 lately. Its a nice, short and handy rifle that still does well at a reasonable distance. I use a 4x16 for that.

After I get done unsuccessfully deer hunting, I take the 4x16 off and put on a red dot to shoot hogs. Of course i could buy an offset mount for the red dot, but QD is easier for me and I'm not crazy about the cant mounts.

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:59:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Some real tarded shit in this thread.  

I have several LaRue mounts and I have never had one bit of trouble with them when they are installed and tightened properly.

I also use Badger and Seekins  rings with zero issues.  No lapping necessary.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:07:33 PM EDT
[#40]
I have adm recons on all of my variable optics, and adm mounts for my aimpoints, MRO's, and rmr's.

I also own a scalar works mount, and a few larue mounts. So I happen to like the adm products but have real world use of others. Buy what ever floats your boat, if there wasn't a market for it, they wouldn't be in business.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:11:11 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm a fan of Larue and I have some of Geissele's stuff, neither is to be belittled.  But neither is ADM, they are a site sponsor and make great stuff.  I literally have thousands in Larue products and about a K in Geissele, but a few years ago I ran into an issue with my Aimpoint Micro's, PVS-14, and Rhino mounts.  ADM had a solution and I swap optics on a couple of rifles depending on the need (class vs HD).  I have a 16" larue with t1, surefire LED/IR, DBAL, and move the PVS-14 between a SBR with LWRC upper & same setup.  Sometimes I want weapon mount, sometimes rhino.  Larue won't clear the left eye dominant angle - ADM will.  Their solution is great and their CS is awesome.  

Happy Memorial Day and thank a Vet.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:17:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
See your reasoning makes sense, thank you for that.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:20:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm a fan of Larue and I have some of Geissele's stuff, neither is to be belittled.  But neither is ADM, they are a site sponsor and make great stuff.  I literally have thousands in Larue products and about a K in Geissele, but a few years ago I ran into an issue with my Aimpoint Micro's, PVS-14, and Rhino mounts.  ADM had a solution and I swap optics on a couple of rifles depending on the need (class vs HD).  I have a 16" larue with t1, surefire LED/IR, DBAL, and move the PVS-14 between a SBR with LWRC upper & same setup.  Sometimes I want weapon mount, sometimes rhino.  Larue won't clear the left eye dominant angle - ADM will.  Their solution is great and their CS is awesome.  

Happy Memorial Day and thank a Vet.
View Quote
ADM isn't allowed to be a site sponsor. lol. Apparently Larue claimed they copied his designs or something. Thats why ADM, Arms, and Bobro are open for shitposting
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:39:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

ADM isn't allowed to be a site sponsor. lol. Apparently Larue claimed they copied his designs or something. Thats why ADM, Arms, and Bobro are open for shitposting
View Quote
Didn't ADM donate some products that was auctioned to support a member here with a sick child?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:43:11 PM EDT
[#45]
I'd like to know just why some people here don't want others to use a QD.

I want specifics that are pertinent such as: You will die. It will effect your livelihood. QD almost got me killed. Etc.

All I have heard is just why they think we shouldn't use a QD. I have yet to hear just why QD users is effecting those that hate QD's.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:45:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'd like to know just why some people here don't want others to use a QD.

I want specifics that are pertinent such as: You will die. It will effect your livelihood. QD almost got me killed. Etc.

All I have heard is just why they think we shouldn't use a QD. I have yet to hear just why QD users is effecting those that hate QD's.
View Quote
What if you are in the heat of battle, and with hot rounds incoming and rocks and fragments splattering all over then suddenly BAM! Your QD mounts QD's and your optic drops on on the ground. Whatchya gonna do then Mr QD is for me?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:46:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
What if you are in the heat of battle, and with hot rounds incoming and rocks and fragments splattering all over then suddenly BAM! Your QD mounts QD's and your optic drops on on the ground. Whatchya gonna do then Mr QD is for me?
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:47:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Your optic got fucked up by something but it didn't kill you, destroy your rifle, or seriously wound you.
After your rifle took such a hit and you were not seriously wounded you are some how still aware enough to throw the levers on your mount and flip up your BUIS?

If it was a convince thing like CWG was saying I can buy that, your reasoning is insane.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

QD still isn't retarded.

If only there was a video of a LPV getting destroyed by a concrete floor while the rifle it was attached to and the person who was dropping it are fine....
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:49:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

http://cdn3.bigcommerce.com/s-xock0/products/1539/images/590/30079-5__44919.1404844785.1280.1280.jpg?c=2
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

QD still isn't retarded.

Where do you mount the front offset sight on a 6920?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:51:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

QD is retarded.
View Quote
I remove the red dot from my Sub 2k and attach it to the bottom rail so I can fold it and put it in a backpack. When I unfold it, I put the red dot back on the top rail. I should not have to explain this to a true operator.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top