Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/26/2017 7:12:49 AM EDT
You were at the top of the list last year but whoah ...top 4 of 20 and 10 of top 20 overall this year?  Holy Moly! Nobody can ever say "do you even lift a brew bro?" to you guys.  Is Superior fermented on your side of the pond by chance?

Wisconsin wins again

ETA:

"GREEN BAY, Wis. — As if a city best known for football and beer needs another excuse to party.

Well, bottoms up, Green Bay. You have another trophy to put in the case. 24/7 Wall St., a Delaware-based financial news and opinion corporation, just rated Green Bay the drunkest city in America."
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:16:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for actually giving me a clue WTF youre talking about OP. Neat. Riveting.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:16:51 AM EDT
[#2]
And here I thought we were catching up to FL or Germany for wacky stuff
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:23:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I remember now...
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:24:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, this happened yesterday in Milwaukee.  The speed limit in that area is 35.  Nice distance.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:25:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Its definitely part of the culture here. I love the area, went to HS less than a mile from Lambeau, good friendly people, lots of outdoor sports to enjoy, but for someone who rarely drinks I feel like an outcast sometimes.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:27:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for actually giving me a clue WTF youre talking about OP. Neat. Riveting.
View Quote
Yeah, ok I get it, reading is for suckers. fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:45:39 AM EDT
[#7]
North Dakota. 2 in the top ten. I'm proud.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:54:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm from one of the top ten drunkest cities and I got say it's pretty great. It's a way of life really. 

The story goes that when my mom went into labor, she had to drive herself to the hospital in my dads suped up Cutlass because my father was out drinking, and totally shitfaced. She had to call a bunch bars in town to try and track him down. That was how I came into this world.....
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:59:57 AM EDT
[#9]
I kinda doubt that Green Bay is the drunkest city in America.

New Orleans has no restrictions on when you can buy alcohol.  It's 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Must be the reason they keep electing shitty Democrat mayors.

LC
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:10:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

New Orleans has no restrictions on when you can buy alcohol.  It's 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

LC
View Quote
Why do you think WI had to put those restrictions in place? We'd all be dead
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:26:13 AM EDT
[#11]
When I moved here 17 years ago, it used to freak me out how people would treat beer like it was water or a bottle of gatorade. Now, I am in the club
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:37:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

LC
View Quote
New Orleans didn't even make the list. No town south of Iowa is on the list. You have no idea how much people up north drink every single day. It's part of the lifestyle honed over generations living through long winters.

Also, many of the towns listed have a large percentage of their population made up of college students.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:46:48 AM EDT
[#13]
WHAT!!? I'll fuckin show them!
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:49:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Not news.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:52:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Ask somebody with a relative killed by a drunk driver how they feel about this.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:58:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:20:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What else is there to do during the 9 months of winter?
View Quote
Fish.  But that's really just something to occupy you while you drink.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:23:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Have you seen the women that city produces? Most would have to be drunk to get on them.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:28:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Have you seen the women that city produces? Most would have to be drunk to get on them.
View Quote
Also why ice fishing is a thing.  Who wants to be cramped up in the house with that for winter?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:51:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Damn, it's gloomy as hell outside, possibility of rain. This thread is gonna make me wanna buy some beer.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:08:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Win?  We OWNED the top 20.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:28:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Although their "binge drinking" criteria sucks.  Really, have good 2 mixed drinks in 2 hours, and that's "binge drinking".  5 beers in 2 hours?  You drink more than that putting up a shed, or building a deck.

Hell, that's not even the legal .08 limit.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:00:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Although their "binge drinking" criteria sucks.  Really, have good 2 mixed drinks in 2 hours, and that's "binge drinking".  5 beers in 2 hours?  You drink more than that putting up a shed, or building a deck.

Hell, that's not even the legal .08 limit.
View Quote
"Binge drinking" definition has really evolved over the years.  It won't be long before finishing an entire 12 oz can in one sitting is "binge drinking."  It's become meaningless like racist.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:23:09 AM EDT
[#24]
I live in the fox cities. We drink 8 days a week around here.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:25:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
When I moved here 17 years ago, it used to freak me out how people would treat beer like it was water or a bottle of gatorade. Now, I am in the club
View Quote
Welcome
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:26:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What else is there to do during the 9 months of winter?
Exactly, the only thing I catch ice fishing is a buzz
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:35:13 AM EDT
[#27]
I thought Anchorage was deserving of the title.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:52:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
I reside in the Fox cities as well. It seems to be the epicenter of the list. Green Bay, Appleton, Oshkosh, Fon du Lac are all roughly in what's considered the Fox valley. Then Milwaukee, Madison, Sheboygan and Wausau are only an hour or so drive depending on where you are at. 

I've certainly done my part to keep us on or near the top list. 
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:30:57 PM EDT
[#29]
They drink a lot because it goes so well with these:

Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:51:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
I guarantee we are at least 16 days a year.  More when the Packers make the playoffs.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:55:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Just checking in.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
They drink a lot because it goes so well with these:

http://www.thegunnysack.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Fried_Cheese_Curds_Recipe.jpg
View Quote
Those things are delicious.

Does the Tilted Kilt in GB still have the one waitress with the stars tattooed around her nipples?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:04:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:07:27 PM EDT
[#34]
I knew what this was going to be about before clicking.

Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:10:22 PM EDT
[#35]
It's because the rest of the country stopped drinking, so by default, now WI is the epicenter of drinking...
Like smoking... its falling out of favor.
I live in the valley and it's not the plague that article would have you believe.

My self, not a drinker.. good for a few Old fashions or a 7 and 7 once in a great while... If I have a choice between buying booze of ammo... I chose Ammo.

Plus I'm not about to get my first DUI after 37 years of driving.... No buzz is worth that.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:15:58 PM EDT
[#36]
We're professionals.
I've lived in many of those places.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 3:16:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Ok that was funny as hell. Never knew about that!
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 3:20:15 PM EDT
[#38]
#8 on the list...  bullshit we drink way more than Fargo...

Link Posted: 5/26/2017 3:24:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 3:25:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It's because the rest of the country stopped drinking, so by default, now WI is the epicenter of drinking...
I live in the valley and it's not the plague that article would have you believe.

My self, not a drinker.. good for a few Old fashions or a 7 and 7 once in a great while... If I have a choice between buying booze of ammo... I chose Ammo.

Plus I'm not about to get my first DUI after 37 years of driving.... No buzz is worth that.
View Quote
We can say what we want about Wisconsin (and I concur with erverything you said) but I think a lot of people in Ohio ...and Michigan...and Pennsylvania banded together and voted Hillary out along with them. Wisconsin seemed like a toss up for a while. I'll bet though Al K. Hall was involved though. And that isn't necessarily bad. Just sayin...
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 3:30:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Wausau beats out Stevens Point....what a crock.
Lived in both towns
Drinking age is 21 used to be 18 imagine if it were still WI would have taken every spot
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 3:36:50 PM EDT
[#42]
3 or 4 of those WI cities, I have contributed to those statistics.  Also Dubuque,  IA.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 3:42:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 3:59:47 PM EDT
[#44]
What's really strange is growing up in the environment then leaving. If you haven't been here, you really have no idea.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:07:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
#8 on the list...  bullshit we drink way more than Fargo...

View Quote
Not a chance. We drink more in one (of our five) championship runs than you do in a whole year.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 5:56:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
And here I thought we were catching up to FL or Germany for wacky stuff
View Quote
Nope. Just same old same old
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 6:08:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Sconnie here.  

And I like beer.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I reside in the Fox cities as well. It seems to be the epicenter of the list. Green Bay, Appleton, Oshkosh, Fon du Lac are all roughly in what's considered the Fox valley. Then Milwaukee, Madison, Sheboygan and Wausau are only an hour or so drive depending on where you are at. 

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm upset with myself I missed out on # 15 Sheboygan but got all the rest....of course anyone who's been to UW Superior knows it too should have
placed in the top 20
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:33:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
The first OWI is a slap on the wrist.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 3:24:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Ask somebody with a relative killed by a drunk driver how they feel about this.
View Quote
Nobody has to drive after drinking.  You could potentially have the "drunkest" rating in the world and have zero drunk drivers.  Yet you just had to inject your prohibitionist position into the thread.  Do you ever wonder why you have no friends?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top