Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:40:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wouldn't this professional hitman actually rob his target, if he wanted to make the murder look like a robbery?

Everything I've read says that all of Rich's valuable property was still on his person when police arrived.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wouldn't a professional hitman stage it to look like a robbery?  
Wouldn't this professional hitman actually rob his target, if he wanted to make the murder look like a robbery?

Everything I've read says that all of Rich's valuable property was still on his person when police arrived.
Yes, that IS what a professional hit man would do.

You make a strong case against it being a professional hit.

Crime of passion?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:45:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote
Except the report is its two people, and they beat him up before shooting him..why would 2 robbers beat him at supposed gunpoint and not also take his shot? Obviously they had time to beat him before shooting him.....
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:46:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Crime of passion?
View Quote
Why would a professional killer, in the employ of Russia, commit a crime of passion?

Wouldn't that be rather unprofessional?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:47:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Except the report is its two people, and they beat him up before shooting him..why would 2 robbers beat him at supposed gunpoint and not also take his shot? Obviously they had time to beat him before shooting him.....
View Quote
I agree completely.  

I'm just pointing out that Cincinnatus is arguing both sides of the story, as he frequently does.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:47:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why would a professional killer, in the employ of Russia, commit a crime of passion?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crime of passion?

You kidding?   It would be the purest form of Maskirovka.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:49:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You kidding?   It would be the purest form of Maskirovka.  
View Quote
I don't wear eye-makeup.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:50:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I agree completely.  

I'm just pointing out that Cincinnatus is arguing both sides of the story, as he frequently does.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree completely.  

I don't think he was killed by Russians.  That makes no sense.

But I have no idea who killed him or why.   Nor does anyone here know who killed him, or why.

But I tend to think that a hit man would have tried to make it look like a robbery.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:50:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Crime of passion?
View Quote
They were going for suicide but they missed the back of his head...duh
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:51:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Why did the Russians use our hacking software?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:57:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

But I have no idea who killed him or why.   Nor does anyone here know who killed him, or why.

But I tend to think that a hit man would have tried to make it look like a robbery.
View Quote
I think this hypothetical hit-man may have planned to make it look like a robbery.  

I guess it all depends on what sort of character we're supposing pulled the trigger.

Is it an experienced stone-cold assassin, or, was it some guy who would do a deed for a few Benjamins, and then, when the adrenaline hit his bloodstream, put the shooting part before the robbing part?

Whichever it was, the valuables being left on the body tell me that robbery was not the prime motive of the crime.  Had it been, they would have collected the goods before they ever pulled the trigger.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:12:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, sure.

That's exactly what they want you to think.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:16:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't particularly know if that's the case.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:18:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No really, think.   Try it.

We all agree that Hillary should be in jail.

We all agree that her having classified material on her private server was bad.

We all agree that placing that info on that unclassified network was bad, because it was vulnerable to our adversaries and their hackers.

Right?
View Quote
No shit we agree she should be in jail, now please explain how you make the jump to trusting the same people who let her off. There's something seriously up with you if your conclusion is that you can trust the people who did nothing about all the law breaking you just listed. The worst part is that the shill rinos are starting to realize they have zero credibility and they're finally saying something, but everyone knows nothing will happen.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:41:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
You're assuming that something wasn't taken simply because his phone and wallet were still on his person. The problem is that we don't know exactly what was on his person before he was shot. If it was in fact Seth Rich who was the leaker he had to get those e-mails smuggled out somehow; USB drive maybe?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:50:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They (the DNC) weren't 'hacked'

Seth Rich leaked the emails.

Then he was murdered.

Those two statements are fact.
View Quote
Concur.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:14:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Without a doubt...but please do read the article. I've just a high level understanding of InfoSec, but the article was interesting. 

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And Russia has been at the top of our list of cyber threats for more than a decade.
Without a doubt...but please do read the article. I've just a high level understanding of InfoSec, but the article was interesting. 

I scanned through it initially but couldn't wade through the derp. I may give it another look this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:24:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I scanned through it initially but couldn't wade through the derp. I may give it another look this weekend.
View Quote
I thought the attribution aspect was interesting, but I'm not in a position to verify. 
I think some of the links there take you to Wikileaks, and that can be problematic for some folks, as well. 
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:36:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Then he was murdered.

View Quote
I'll stop short of calling them facts, but it's certainly what I believe.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:38:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree completely.  

Certainly isn't possible people in DC randomly try and kill others for no reason.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/hBkX-q_dli4[/youtube]
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:42:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And Russia has been at the top of our list of cyber threats for more than a decade.

I wouldn't bother...it's derp all the way down.  The "author" is making some assumptions on file MAC date/times that would be silly to make without access to the original MFT / file system - and he conveniently overlooks the 800 lbs gorilla in his "timeline".

I did like that he called Felix Dzerzhinsky as a "early Soviet statesman".  He created the Cheka that eventually became the KGB / FSB.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:54:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Mission accomplished.
The police have said it was a robbery gone bad.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:18:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I wouldn't bother...it's derp all the way down.  The "author" is making some assumptions on file MAC date/times that would be silly to make without access to the original MFT / file system - and he conveniently overlooks the 800 lbs gorilla in his "timeline".

I did like that he called Felix Dzerzhinsky as a "early Soviet statesman".  He created the Cheka that eventually became the KGB / FSB.  
View Quote
But... If there is a delta in metadata between the Guccifer 2.0 and Wikileaks dumps (applicable to the emails in question), it should warrant further investigation. I'm not just talking about the "watermark" either. I'm talking about Original Creator (Original Author).

EDIT:

Edited for clarity.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:23:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Unless it wasn't a robbery and it was just a hit.

The only reason anybody thinks there was a robbery involved is because it was declared it was a botched one.

But wouldn't it seem to be the case that if it were, in fact, a failed robbery that the DNC would offer up a reward of some kind? After all,  Clinton did try to use it as an antigun measure.

Would It not make sense for them to push the anti gun stance like they do when any of their members gets shot and it gets lots of attention? Instead it's "The family doesn't want anybody looking in to the murder of their son."
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:35:09 AM EDT
[#24]
It's odd that in a thread with "evidence" in the title, no actual evidence has been presented, nor has any real argument for believing such evidence even exists been made.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:46:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It's odd that in a thread with "evidence" in the title, no actual evidence has been presented, nor has any real argument for believing such evidence even exists been made.
View Quote
I'm guessing you didn't read the archive linked in the OP?

The 'russian watermarks' that were added to point the finger at russia were clearly added by someone who didn't umderstand the rest of the metadata contained in the files.

They got clumsy.  The Clinton Crime Syndicate  is so large that they have started hiring too many indermediate skill level value thugs.  I mean look at their IT security.  Billion dollar scams in play but they won't spring for an IT professional who can do their job without asking reddit for help.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:32:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
The evidence is easily accessible to anyone who downloads and reviews the two data dumps. This is one of the few cases where the average arfcommer has access to the exact data that the investigators are privvy to.

The article goes on to state that this metadata anomally only occurred with the first 10 Guccifer 2.0 emails (inferring that the mistake was discovered and subsequently corrected). If I look at everything Wikileaks released vs. Guccifer 2.0's releases, the latter are more suspicious and worth a deeper dig.

Don't take the entire article at face value (along with its presumptions). Extract the nuggets deemed valuable and drill down from there.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:35:19 AM EDT
[#27]

Not proof.  I agree that Assange is alluding to it, but it's not proof or fact that Rich was the leak.  

(Keep in mind I WANT to see proof of it.  I think Rich was the leaker, but my thoughts are not proof or fact)
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:38:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Not proof.  I agree that Assange is alluding to it, but it's not proof or fact that Rich was the leak.  

(Keep in mind I WANT to see proof of it.  I think Rich was the leaker, but my thoughts are not proof or fact)
View Quote
If Assange hedged any harder he would be a shrubber.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:40:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Seth Rich and Pizzagate are in a neck and neck race to claim their rightful place as the Obama birth certificate of this election cycle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then he was murdered.

Seth Rich and Pizzagate are in a neck and neck race to claim their rightful place as the Obama birth certificate of this election cycle.
Dead guy is dead guy.

Point of intersectionality for all things coincidental in dead guy death----> Hillary, Podesta, Brock (DNC, Clinton campaign, Media Matters, CAP)

They all love the Comet Pizza. Fact.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:41:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Justifying an opinion based on no facts because someone else did the same thing about something else is what stupid people do.

What has more evidence, the Easter bunny, or leprechauns?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which has more evidence? Seth or Russia?
Justifying an opinion based on no facts because someone else did the same thing about something else is what stupid people do.

What has more evidence, the Easter bunny, or leprechauns?
Dead guy? they've got a corpse. A real one.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:43:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Zero is not greater than zero.
View Quote
except for very large values of zero.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:44:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
I always thought it was the Bulgarians....
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:47:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Crime of passion?
View Quote
Given the visible hatred of the left for all things right, it wouldn't surprise me if a Hillary or DNC faithful, found out it was him and whacked him out of feeling betrayed by him. So yes, a crime of passion, if you will.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:58:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The evidence is easily accessible to anyone who downloads and reviews the two data dumps. This is one of the few cases where the average arfcommer has access to the exact data that the investigators are privvy to.

The article goes on to state that this metadata anomally only occurred with the first 10 Guccifer 2.0 emails (inferring that the mistake was discovered and subsequently corrected). If I look at everything Wikileaks released vs. Guccifer 2.0's releases, the latter are more suspicious and worth a deeper dig.

Don't take the entire article at face value (along with its presumptions). Extract the nuggets deemed valuable and drill down from there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can the average Arfcommer make anything of the data?  Without a background in digital forensics (or similar), I'd say "no".
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:46:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Bump because bs and ts and cin need to earn David Brocks money
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:46:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Crime of passion?
View Quote
DNC thugs had a talk with him and it went too far.  That's why they're sweating bullets over this.  They didn't have time for the usual precautions.  Anyways, that's my guess.  If it truly was just a random murder, DNC would not be going scorched earth on Hannity and anyone else who even asks the question.  Instead, they'd be gleefully waiting for the comeuppance.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:07:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Given the visible hatred of the left for all things right, it wouldn't surprise me if a Hillary or DNC faithful, found out it was him and whacked him out of feeling betrayed by him. So yes, a crime of passion, if you will.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crime of passion?
Yup, a botched hit done by amateurs
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:08:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Can the average Arfcommer make anything of the data?  Without a background in digital forensics (or similar), I'd say "no".
View Quote
The average Arfcommer can easily be brought up to speed on email metadata "basics". Enough, so that they can decide whether or not this particular discovery is meaningful or not.

Keep in mind, this find does not uncover Mission Impossible super spy type activities. It points towards actions carried out by a person (or persons) with just enough IT knowledge to mess something up (which it appears they achieved).
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:58:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
isn't ten years enough time to do something about them?

just askin'

we seem to be hacked over and over, from .gov agencies to credit card companies, and action is only taken after the fact, if action is taken at all

it's like calling 911 during a crime, the police show up and take reports
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:02:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
like what's his names suicide?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:07:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
By that you mean "Russia collusion", right?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:07:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
I am no computer whiz, but it sometimes amazes me what the average arfcommer can do
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:11:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Spent 2 minutes with both docs using Office 365...

Edit:

Keep in mind that these are the "same" docs... Guccifer 2.0 just released his first.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:14:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

isn't ten years enough time to do something about them?

just askin'

we seem to be hacked over and over, from .gov agencies to credit card companies, and action is only taken after the fact, if action is taken at all

it's like calling 911 during a crime, the police show up and take reports
View Quote
What do you propose we "do about them" that would eliminate them as a cyber threat?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

By that you mean "Russia collusion", right?
View Quote
I will consider adding that to the list.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:17:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then he was murdered.

No way.  Trump/Russia already has that honor. 
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:07:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
You'd be surprised. More than a few of us have degrees in computer science.

I don't know jack about Microsoft office document innards, but I didn't see anything that stood out as derp.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:17:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

What do you propose we "do about them" that would eliminate them as a cyber threat?
View Quote
ask them nicely to stop

then create better cyber threat than they can

I know we can do it, if the norks can have an army of hackers then why can't we?

I believe in American exceptional ism
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:22:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

ask them nicely to stop Been done

then create better cyber threat than they can Arguably we do, but the gap between us and near-peers is negligible.

I know we can do it, if the norks can have an army of hackers then why can't we? We do.

I believe in American exceptional ism
View Quote
As long as the entire world operates on the same basic computing architecture there is no avenue to maintain the degree of technological advantage we enjoy in conventional military terms.

Next?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:36:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

As long as the entire world operates on the same basic computing architecture there is no avenue to maintain the degree of technological advantage we enjoy in conventional military terms.

Next?
View Quote
un-acceptable, with the massive budgets this country has for alphabet agencies, we have to be better, maybe we can hire some of their hackers and get them to work for the US
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top