Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:10:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Lyme
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:13:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why haven't you administeedr Benadryl yet? That should have been first at first sign of allergic reaction...in this case headache
View Quote
Wat
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:14:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Mosquitos aren't funny anymore.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:17:07 PM EDT
[#4]
When I had west nile (which is no joke, it's been 10 years and I'm still dealing with lingering effects, but my case was unusually severe)
the first symptoms were about 72 hours in. Seems a bit early for that.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:18:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Someone I know told me about how he and his wife got a fever similar to Dengue when in Jamaica. Said it was transmitted my Mosquito. Knocked them on their asses for 2 weeks, said that they both had joint pain for 6 months afterwards. He said it was so painful he could barely walk up a set of stairs.

Good luck OP, hopefully it isn't anything that serious.
View Quote
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chikungunya
Signs up at airports about this 1-2 years back.  

A guy from India told me about this too, said it would hit whole villages and make people sick for months.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:42:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Lyme
View Quote
+10

Flu like symptoms, aches, headache.  Classic symptoms include red blotches all over, but not everyone gets those. She could have been bitten a few days earlier.

ETA:  This is the prime time of year to get bitten, because the young ticks are VERY small, hard to notice.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:56:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Wat
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why haven't you administeedr Benadryl yet? That should have been first at first sign of allergic reaction...in this case headache
Wat
Common thing to do for people mildly allergic to insect bites....

Of course, it was said with 1 part sarcasm and 1 part truth and a dash of rhetoric.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:07:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
+10

Flu like symptoms, aches, headache.  Classic symptoms include red blotches all over, but not everyone gets those. She could have been bitten a few days earlier.

ETA:  This is the prime time of year to get bitten, because the young ticks are VERY small, hard to notice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lyme
+10

1) Lyme disease isn't endemic to CO.  Three cases in a 10 year period according to the CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/lyme/stats/tables.html

2) Mosquitoes are not vectors for Lyme disease.

3) Her symptoms can be from dozens of things at this point.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:08:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Sounds like chikungunya.
View Quote
That's what I came here to say
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:12:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
+1 on the rules.

I'm going with Malaria.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
we have rules.

you have west Nile
+1 on the rules.

I'm going with Malaria.  
And you call yourself a doctor.

It's obviously Yellow Fever.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:13:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.  Symptoms showing up that quickly = allergy not illness.

Also she needs to ditch the diet coke, that stuff's got a ton of nasty shit in it.  Frankly it makes no sense to drink that shit but refuse to take OTC pain meds.  If she still needs the caffeine switch to green tea with honey.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:17:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Allergies can give you a headache and make you feel run down.  

What's the allergy forecast for your area?  Is something pollinating right now?

Get her to take a Zyrtec and see if she feels better.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:18:06 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm sorry to hear this, it very much sounds like Yersinia pestis.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:21:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Diet coke is death might as well drink dirty puddle water.  Drink water don't scratch and drive on. I fish alot and get bit daily.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:24:10 AM EDT
[#15]
When my wife immigrated from the UK she became very familiar with S Tx mosquitoes. Any bite swelled up, extremely hot to the touch and painful. Many times they exceeded 3" in length. Once they did finally go down, they left bruising. It was bad enough that she usually had an Ace bandage wrapped over a bite in a different place every other week, and wore long sleeve shirts or pants just to hide the bruises. Her doctor was of little help. Any ointment she recommended didn't work on its own, and besides Benadryl there was nothing else to take apparently.  Finally, after over two years, they don't get any worse than when I get a mosquito bite. Never any bigger than a dime and she can ignore them for the most part.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:27:35 AM EDT
[#16]
If your wife is breast feeding she will be really thirsty. She could be dehydrated. Get her more water it will help her and the baby. I wouldn't worry about the mosquitoes right now.

Congratulations by the way.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:53:56 AM EDT
[#17]
I can't believe you drank after your wife.  Nastiest thing I've ever heard.

Do you even kiss Bro?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:14:37 AM EDT
[#18]
lol at 5
make a new thread once she has her legs and arms and neck covered in bites, even then I will tell you its no big deal
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:26:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Lol
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:38:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Psychosomatic.  In Florida we call getting bitten by mosquitoes 5 times - getting out of bed.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:40:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
+1 on the rules.

I'm going with Malaria.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
we have rules.

you have west Nile
+1 on the rules.

I'm going with Malaria.  
Malaria is much worse that West Nile. West Nile you can be sick for a few days and after recovering (which you're not), suddenly feel tired late in the morning.  This malaise will linger for two weeks after the fever breaks. With malaria you must seek treatment.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:51:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Benadryl, water.

Use some OFF next time.

Some people are very sensitive to certain insects, my youngest will swell right up around a gnat bite. Horseflys leave a welt on me for days.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:52:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Lyme
View Quote
If Lyme can ever be transferred by mosquito most of the country is fucked.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:58:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Have her disrobe and lightly scratch her itchy bits. Might lead to something!
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:14:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I can't believe you drank after your wife.  Nastiest thing I've ever heard.

Do you even kiss Bro?
View Quote
no, but he will lick her brownHole..
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:23:18 AM EDT
[#26]
She's definitely suffering from Dengue fever
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:36:41 AM EDT
[#27]
There's like 7 or 8 mosquito borne illnesses. I listened to a talk about this two weeks ago from one of the Dallas Urban biologists. I think he said most people who get West Nile only get mildly sick, don't know that they were infected and recover in a few days, but there's a certain percentage where it turns into a full blown case, requiring hospitalization and death is a real possibility.

I'd drag her to see your PCP today is possible or watch her closely over the weekend.

Are you in a mosquito risk area?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Woke up to two huge tiger-striped mosquitos biting me on the arm in an Indianapolis motel back in the 80's

Got home that night and by morning was horribly sick with chills and fever
Lasted all week with symptoms lasting many months after. Could have been years

Funny, just a day before being bit an Indianapolis native was telling me in the past that one could tell people lived in that area of Indiana because of their jaundiced skin
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:04:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:06:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:08:18 AM EDT
[#31]
I had a buddy with the same symptoms. They thought that he had meningitis but it turned out being West Nile's virus after doing a spinal tap.

Have her get checked out! !!!
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:16:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
1) Lyme disease isn't endemic to CO.  Three cases in a 10 year period according to the CDC:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lyme
+10

Let's add some logic here....

1) Lyme is spreading fast across the country. Just because it hasn't been common in CO in the past, doesn't mean it can't happen today.

2) I never suggested mosquitoes carry Lyme.

3) Her symptoms occurred one day after being bitten by the mosquitoes.  I'm not an MD, but I've never heard of a disease transferred by mosquitoes with symptoms that manifest in one day.  Hence my suggestion that she may have been bitten by a tick several days earlier makes far more sense.

Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:17:28 AM EDT
[#34]
5 mosquito bites? That may be fatal on Colorado.

If it got hot, she may be dehydrated a bit, or was already getting sick from something else. If she had issues with just mosquito bites in general, she'd probably already know, but even then they are usually a local response around the bite area.

Don't sweat it. The nasties that the news reports take several days to weeks to manifest. They are a problem, but less common than most folks are lead to believe.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:18:54 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm just here for the pics.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:20:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Side not some states have a ton of different mosquitoes.

Alaska has 30 different types of mosquitoes.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:55:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
No because it can't happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not trolling at all. Concerned about her, my kids, and upcoming trip. Anyone here get bit by one and get sick that fast from one?
No because it can't happen.
I'd appreciate it if you'd stop trying to suck all the fun out of this thread with your "facts", and "medicine", and shit.

This woman obviously has a raging case of arboherpesyphilaids.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:58:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Oh....headache now at 2 (1 being lowest) and achiness also at 2.
View Quote
Have you asked for sex in that timeline?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:58:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Captain Trips

Here comes the walking dude
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:58:17 AM EDT
[#40]
What the fuck is this shit

Don't ever go in the woods op.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:00:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
we have rules.

you have west Nile
+1 on the rules.

I'm going with Malaria.  

Have we established that the OP is Asian?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:00:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Malaria is much worse that West Nile. West Nile you can be sick for a few days and after recovering (which you're not), suddenly feel tired late in the morning.  This malaise will linger for two weeks after the fever breaks. With malaria you must seek treatment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
we have rules.

you have west Nile
+1 on the rules.

I'm going with Malaria.  
I was kidding about the malaria.  I actually diagnosed two patients as an intern but they were both recent Nigerian immigrants.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:02:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Benadryl, water.

Use some OFF next time.

Some people are very sensitive to certain insects, my youngest will swell right up around a gnat bite. Horseflys leave a welt on me for days.
View Quote
+1

Permethrin on the clothes and OFF (DEET) on the skin.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:05:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

1) Lyme is spreading fast across the country. Just because it hasn't been common in CO in the past, doesn't mean it can't happen today.

3) Her symptoms occurred one day after being bitten by the mosquitoes.  I'm not an MD, but I've never heard of a disease transferred by mosquitoes with symptoms that manifest in one day.  Hence my suggestion that she may have been bitten by a tick several days earlier makes far more sense.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lyme
+10

Possible, but there are so many viruses that cause similar symptoms transmitted person-to-person that we'd need much more specific symptoms to consider Lyme.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:15:17 PM EDT
[#45]
My wife feels like that when I ask for sex.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top