Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:51:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
grilled in the husk, nothing else need be done if it is good corn
View Quote
This for me, after letting it soak in cool water for 10 minutes before girlling.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:51:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Mexican corn.

http://www.sogoodblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/elote-mexican-corn-recipe1.jpg

Or cooked any way with melted butter and dusted with old bay.
View Quote
FPNI.  We make it at home and it's amazing.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:00:33 PM EDT
[#4]
BBQ on a charcoal grill it carmelies it, so good.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:05:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Boil it for 3 minutes. That's all it needs.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:07:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Soak in water/sugar, wrap in tin foil with butter and garlic, grill.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:09:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Cut corn off the cob and then...

Cook enough bacon to suit until crisp in skillet and remove, add corn and fry in a bit of bacon grease/butter until just browned, and add crumbled bacon back into skillet at the end and sprinkle with salt/pepper/parmesan reggiano or cojita cheese.

Second choice is grilled with just salt/pepper.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:36:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:52:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Soak in salt water in trimmed husk, throw in oven. 
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:57:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Damn I love me some local sweet corn.

Honestly as long as it's fresh I'm not overly picky with how it's prepared but there are quite a few ways to do it.

I guess my favorite is on the Weber kettle. Pull the husk back removing the silk, and pulling the husk back up with a 30 or so minute soak afterwards. Then cook it up...kind of steamed and charred both. Top with butter salt & pepper.

So how do you like it?
View Quote

I can live with that, sir...

or prepared the same BUTT!!! wrapped in foil and thrown on top of the coals of a campfire.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:58:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
First thing I thought of when I saw this thread!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
First thing I thought of when I saw this thread!
Ever wonder how the butter on the bread melted if the corn was raw?

However, that movie introduced me to corn melted butter on bread!
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:38:07 AM EDT
[#12]
steamed
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:43:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This for me, after letting it soak in cool water for 10 minutes before girlling.
View Quote
I let it soak in salted water all afternoon. I don't even know if that does anything, but that's how I've always done it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:43:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Mayo. Mix mayo and Tony's together, slather on shucked ears, wrap in foil, then grill.  Turn every 3 minutes until all sides are cooked. We use the olive oil mayo, freaking amazing.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:49:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Cut fresh fried with butter seasoned with honey and chipotle in cast iron if a Mex dish

Fried whole if a Mex dish

Boiled if seafood like crab or crawfish

Grilled in husk if with turf food
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:51:23 AM EDT
[#16]
boiled.  Then buttered.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:06:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Honestly as long as it's fresh I'm not overly picky with how it's prepared but there are quite a few ways to do it.

I guess my favorite is on the Weber kettle. Pull the husk back removing the silk, and pulling the husk back up with a 30 or so minute soak afterwards. Then cook it up...kind of steamed and charred both. Top with butter salt & pepper.

So how do you like it?
View Quote

If I have the time this is what I do.  I fill one side of the sink with water and put a little bit of pepper and a good chunk of garlic salt in the water.  Then I soak the corn cobs in the husk for at least an hour in the water.  Then I cook them on the grill until the corn is done (gets kind of soft when you squeeze it) turning them often.  Then I cut the end that the husk is attached to off, and then peel off the husk and apply lots of butter and salt and pepper.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:07:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Pull back husk.  Remove silk.

Slather with mayo mixed with sriracha sauce (add more sriracha for more heat).

Pull up shuck and grill slowly over charcoal.

You will never know you had mayo in there as it melts into the corn and tastes buttery along side the smoky flavor of the slightly charred husks.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:17:47 AM EDT
[#19]
My cousin would throw in unhusked corn with the crabs he was steaming.
Very good, but it's tough to do if you're not steaming crabs.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:20:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If I'm cooking it, microwave hands down.  Nuke it, grab it with an oven mitt, cut off the big end, cut off the small end and squeeze out the corn, leaving a perfectly clean ear without the husk on silk.

Now, if they'd just invent keto corn, I could go back to eating it.
View Quote
This.   I never would have believed it had I not tried it myself first.   Best I have ever had, and I have had it every which way possible.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:24:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Mexican corn.

http://www.sogoodblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/elote-mexican-corn-recipe1.jpg

Or cooked any way with melted butter and dusted with old bay.
View Quote
FPNI
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:25:36 AM EDT
[#22]
I live near the best corn in the world from Belle Glade. Florida..it is shipped world wide. I just buy it from farmers on the side of the road ,go home, put in micro wave or grill. Belle Glade town motto is Her Soil is Her Future..red peppers, green peppers..its all Tier 1..cuz Florida. Belle Glade also produces more NFL players than anywhere else in the country,  it took the title of Belle Aids..when it's infection rate passed that of places in Africa..and if your white, you will probly by shot if you are there after dark.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:26:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Grilled. Buttered and in aluminum foil.

But microwaved works very well.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:30:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I live near the best corn in the world from Belle Glade. Florida..it is shipped world wide. I just buy it from farmers on the side of the road ,go home, put in micro wave or grill. Belle Glade town motto is Her Soil is Her Future..red peppers, green peppers..its all Tier 1..cuz Florida. Belle Glade also produces more NFL players than anywhere else in the country,  it took the title of Belle Aids..when it's infection rate passed that of places in Africa..and if your white, you will probly by shot if you are there after dark.
View Quote
Every section of the country has a town where "the best corn in the world!  No, I'm serious, this corn is world-renowned for being the best!" is grown.  We get the same hype around here over "Evans City corn."

Hint: the trick is buy fresh and local, it's all good shit.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:35:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Silver Queen fresh off the stalk
View Quote
Been my favorite since I planted my first garden 45 years ago. Shoepeg is a great second choice esp. for canning and corn relish. So many of the new hybrids are way too sweet with poor corn flavor.

Steaming or on the grill are the best ways to cook it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:48:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I boil it- but only to the point the corn is still sweet and plump.

I dress it with good quality butter and salt.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:55:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

So how do you like it?
View Quote

grilled - soak in water, pull back husks and slather on butter, put husks back in place and grill
boil is second

microwave - never
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:57:32 AM EDT
[#28]
grilled in the husk.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:57:42 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm not sure if the microwave does anything "best".
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:59:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Grilled.

How is this even a question?
View Quote
This, as long as it's not overdone.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:23:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If I'm cooking it, microwave hands down.  Nuke it, grab it with an oven mitt, cut off the big end, cut off the small end and squeeze out the corn, leaving a perfectly clean ear without the husk on silk.

Now, if they'd just invent keto corn, I could go back to eating it.
View Quote
This is what my family does too when cooking it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:24:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Grilled with garlic butter.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:28:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is what i do also. Comes out great
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:29:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Dunk that bitch in water, throw on a grill grate over a campfire.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:31:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Smother it with butter, sprinkle some Tony's in it, wrap it in foil and toss it on the grill. 
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:40:07 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm just jealous that you boys are already eating corn.  Our corn here in IL is about 2 in tall.  We still have to wait for several months for fresh corn.  But, when it arrives it is truly the best corn.  I have been all over the country and upper midwest corn is by far the best.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:41:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Soaked in water then grilled in the husk.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 8:44:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Grilled in the husk!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top