Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:32:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sometimes there seems to be not much of a difference between arfcommers and SJWs. The idea of disinformation does not occur to some people.

"Do you have cleaners under your sink?"
"Yes, doctor."
"Well, keep them away from children and pets."
"OK"
"Do you have a swimming pool?"
"No"
"Do you own any firearms?"
"No"
"Do you have any hazardous chemicals..."

OR...

"Yes, doctor."
"OK"
"No"
"OMGWTF how DARE you ask me that! Does you wife like anal? Do you suck donkey balls? I'm outraged! I have rights! You're invading my privacy!"

Yeah, one response is definitely better than the other.
View Quote
I'm going with that. lol
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:33:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I never answer those questions
View Quote
Your silence already answered their question.
View Quote
This. Silence, MYOB, anything really, other than, "I don't own guns" answers their question.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:33:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
... And if your drivers license had a requirement that you determine other people's firearms status....

That would be unconstitutional

Neither your CCW or drivers license are telling you to gather info for the state...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF

That's a streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetch.

My DL and ccw are state issued.  And unlike a Dr. I had to take a STATE exam to get them.  It sounds you are just talking to hear yourself
... And if your drivers license had a requirement that you determine other people's firearms status....

Neither your CCW or drivers license are telling you to gather info for the state...
This info is not being gathered for the state either
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:33:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Being in NY there and having been told by our esteemed PD in charge of telling people NO to pistol permits that you get a 3 day notice before being raped, robbed, assaulted, or murdered I always like to bring up the fact that our criminals are so polite as to give prior notice.

One of the doctors was talking about guns and I brought up actual facts "Would you prescribe a medication that had a 99% chance of stopping ovarian cancer with around a 0.001% chance of misuse?" of course all the residents said yes. So I explained that was the chance of stopping rape with a firearm along with the misuse rate of firearms in total. After some hemming and hawing I basically told them that it is not their job to decide for the patients, just to suggest the best course of action along with the facts and that if they wanted to get political with their medical opinions they better understand what they are for or against along with the consequences if people follow that advice. "If none of you were willing to tell someone not to take the cure for cancer, why would you tell them to not carry the cure for rape?"
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:34:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Doctors arent qualified to discuss firearms safety and or storage methods
View Quote
Amen...they need to stay in their lane during professional visits.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:36:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So an NRA Instructor who is also a Doctor is not qualified because of his Dr status?
View Quote
Dont be sensitive

But to answer yes the answer is still no.  Doctors receive no formal training in firearms and or storage at medical school so one can suggest they arent qualified as such
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:40:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Ahem.  
View Quote
Settle down there
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think it is immoral and unethical when using the excuse "to prevent injury".   I have never had a doctor ask, but I would not be happy with this type of interrigatory intrusion.  

If it were about safety, why don't they ask if I wear my seatbelt?  Play with matches?  Skydive?   The answer is that it has nothing to do with safety, it is all about control, and any doc who says otherwise is complicit.   <---- (thats a period).
View Quote
Funny you should mention the seat belt thing.  I didn't get asked for firearms but did get asked about the seat belt.  I then asked them where the seat belt was on my motorcycle because I could not find it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:42:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Funny you should mention the seat belt thing.  I didn't get asked for firearms but did get asked about the seat belt.  I then asked them where the seat belt was on my motorcycle because I could not find it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think it is immoral and unethical when using the excuse "to prevent injury".   I have never had a doctor ask, but I would not be happy with this type of interrigatory intrusion.  

If it were about safety, why don't they ask if I wear my seatbelt?  Play with matches?  Skydive?   The answer is that it has nothing to do with safety, it is all about control, and any doc who says otherwise is complicit.   <---- (thats a period).
Did they then ask if you wore a helmet? We're you offended and told them you had a right to not wear a helmet?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:50:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The only correct answer is "no." That's what I always say. It ends the gun issue right there and we can go on with the actual medical issue.

The only people who get pissed about this issue is gun owners. So if you answer "None of your business," or "that's irrelevant," or simply refuse to answer, they know that means "yes."

That's why the only correct answer is "no."
View Quote
Came here to post this.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:50:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Sometimes there seems to be not much of a difference between arfcommers and SJWs. The idea of disinformation does not occur to some people.

"Yes, doctor."
"OK"
"No"
"No"
"Do you have any hazardous chemicals..."

OR...

"Yes, doctor."
"OK"
"No"
"OMGWTF how DARE you ask me that! Does you wife like anal? Do you suck donkey balls? I'm outraged! I have rights! You're invading my privacy!"

Yeah, one response is definitely better than the other.
View Quote
The best response is "irrelevant question."  This is how I answer all of them.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:54:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF

My DL and ccw are state issued.  And unlike a Dr. I had to take a STATE exam to get them.  It sounds you are just talking to hear yourself

Since a PhD is entirely contingent on state licensure it's not far off... any court would get that info in no time if they wanted

It's like saying:
"He is legally authorized to conduct swat raids, but he's not part of the state"

Kind of a contradiction

Im not saying it's the doctors fault, he's just unknowingly increasing the power of the state.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:58:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Did they then ask if you wore a helmet? We're you offended and told them you had a right to not wear a helmet?
View Quote
I just tell them it is irrelevant.  That's how I answer all the questions.  When I go I am paying them to fill out a physical form provided by my work.  If my work doesn't have that on the form, it is not relevant.  I don't get offended by the questions.  I just don't care.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:01:44 PM EDT
[#14]
My doc and I have an understanding. His practice has a form that asks if there are firearms in the home.
I leave that question blank.

He's a really good doc and if pressed to answer I would lie. When I did, I think he would know that, but I don't care. I am capable of researching good safety practices on my own.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:02:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
lol pediatricians are worse than GPs. i remember in med school a prof went on an anti gun tirade. i looked around, read the room, and identified the second most intense stank face. we are still friends decades later.

if they really cared about preventable senseless deaths they would outlaw swimming pools.

1) a pool is not a constitutional right
2) a pool has never prevented a crime
3) you could actually enforce a ban on pools, you can see them from the air.
View Quote
Yes, you can see pools from the air, along with lakes, rivers and oceans.
Bathtubs, however, are usually hidden from overhead view.

Dumb, stupid parents that don't properly educate and supervise
their kids are impossible to ban, even when in plain view, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:13:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
"Irrelevant to my medical care, Doc.  Next question."
View Quote
Pretty much this.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:13:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I have had several doctors ask me about my firearms since Obozocare was crammed up our arses! I tell them it is none of their business and that if they can't stick to medicine, I will find another doctor!

I had one that persisted saying it was required of her to ask and enter the answer in her computer so I walked out. The look on her face was priceless!
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:14:25 PM EDT
[#18]
See that is acceptable to me.

Our pediatrician or regular doctors have never asked.  A pamphlet they pass out says something to the affect that firearm ownership increases risk of injury or death in the home.  The typical crap the antis spew about firearm ownership in the home.  But it's just in a pamphlet and the doctors have never brought it up personally.

That same pamphlet has other helpful information about diet, exercise and other ways to be safe and healthy so I don't care if the corporate originated pamphlet is passed out.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:16:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I just tell them it is irrelevant.  That's how I answer all the questions.  When I go I am paying them to fill out a physical form provided by my work.  If my work doesn't have that on the form, it is not relevant.  I don't get offended by the questions.  I just don't care.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don't stray from my physical form when I hand it over for my mandatory physical. Thought you were talking about GP.

Surprised they had the time
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:20:55 PM EDT
[#20]
My son's pediatrician is the child of Vietnamese refugees. He warned my son to never give up his guns.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Since a PhD is entirely contingent on state licensure it's not far off... any court would get that info in no time if they wanted

It's like saying:
"He is legally authorized to conduct swat raids, but he's not part of the state"

Kind of a contradiction

Im not saying it's the doctors fault, he's just unknowingly increasing the power of the state.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF

It's like saying:

Kind of a contradiction

On checklists I've seen or used the box is not yes or no. It's a box to check after you ask. Just that you asked or advised on licking them up.

Other times at mental health exams after asking if a PT is thinking about harming themselves you ask if they have a plan and then if they have access to firearms, that is recorded.

On very basic assessments, which I think we are talking about there just isn't the information being saved like you think.

The state, whoever that is in your paranoia, cannot just walk into a hospital and grab a record. It's a lot easier for the atf to walk into a gun store and record info from a 4473 than it would to violate HIPPA. If you are already under investigation do you think your medical records would be the piece of information where the prosecutor goes AHA he's guilty. He once said "yes" he owns guns.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:26:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have had several doctors ask me about my firearms since Obozocare was crammed up our arses! I tell them it is none of their business and that if they can't stick to medicine, I will find another doctor!

I had one that persisted saying it was required of her to ask and enter the answer in her computer so I walked out. The look on her face was priceless!
View Quote
You showed her
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:43:33 PM EDT
[#23]
I always check "no" to answer the gun question on my doctor's questionaire.

Found out my wife has been checking "yes".
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:46:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I lol'd.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I lol'd.
Me too
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:50:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
They're trying to determine if you're suicidal.
View Quote

It's still a weird question.  If I were suicidal, why would I be seeing a GP to fix something or have my physical, instead of a psychiatrist if I wanted to discuss suicidal thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:51:38 PM EDT
[#26]
1) Most docs are anti-gun
2) Most docs know nothing about guns

I realize there are a lot of pro-gun docs, but they're in a minority.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:54:21 PM EDT
[#27]
You guys need to chill out.

Our pediatrician asks every year.  My wife says 'No'  everytime.

No reason to get all bent out of shape.  Is it really worth it to cause a unnecessary drama at the office?

I do NOT ask my patients any firearm questions, unless they are LEO with open or CC then I chat friendly off the record.

However there are too many stupid people in the world that could use some sort of education on storing firearms.  Not every gun owner is as responsible as the members of this forum.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:57:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I talk guns and gardening With my doctor.
View Quote
You've been tarped.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:59:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
BINGO.   If doctor's are percieved to be qualified to discuss firearms safety and storage, what about OTHER similar areas?  

Chain saw operation?  Bicycle riding?  Auto repair?

Those are all endeavors that patients may engage in, and may have potential danger in doing so.   Why not suggest doctors counsel patients on those?

The answer is obvious---there is no political agenda in those activities.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:59:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I always check "no" to answer the gun question on my doctor's questionaire.

Found out my wife has been checking "yes".
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:00:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It's still a weird question.  If I were suicidal, why would I be seeing a GP to fix something or have my physical, instead of a psychiatrist if I wanted to discuss suicidal thoughts?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They're trying to determine if you're suicidal.
A lot of people with mental illness don't have the resources and don't know how to bring it up
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:03:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

On checklists I've seen or used the box is not yes or no. It's a box to check after you ask. Just that you asked or advised on licking them up.

Other times at mental health exams after asking if a PT is thinking about harming themselves you ask if they have a plan and then if they have access to firearms, that is recorded.

On very basic assessments, which I think we are talking about there just isn't the information being saved like you think.

The state, whoever that is in your paranoia, cannot just walk into a hospital and grab a record. It's a lot easier for the atf to walk into a gun store and record info from a 4473 than it would to violate HIPPA. If you are already under investigation do you think your medical records would be the piece of information where the prosecutor goes AHA he's guilty. He once said "yes" he owns guns.
View Quote
Fair enough...

The reason its still not a good idea is that those anti's (especially in blue areas) will spin that negatively in a legal environment and/or any dems that work at that office could do something unethical

I wouldn't be at all surprised if an intern swapped a flu shot with some nitric acid...

(Plenty of communists graduating college these days...)

I've just seen leftists spin ANYTHING negative and don't want to give them more to work with.

It's not so much the Doctor I'm worried about.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:04:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
BINGO.   If doctor's are percieved to be qualified to discuss firearms safety and storage, what about OTHER similar areas?  

Those are all endeavors that patients may engage in, and may have potential danger in doing so.   Why not suggest doctors counsel patients on those?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suppose if people keep ignoring it, I'll keep posting it.

Those in health care ask about helmets, throw rugs, etc. If my pt was wearing a Stihl t shirt I'd nonchalantly mention eye and ear protection.

I know everyone will scream it's none of my business about his eye protection but I fucking hate eye things and I really don't want to have to deal with it later on.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:05:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Nothing at my last visit about guns. Did get a weird question - "do you feel safe today?"

Fucking weird as shit. Feel safe?
View Quote
No I do not feel safe in your gun free zone. That sign on the door is the same advertisement to criminals.  It is as bad as a happy hour sign at a bar is to an alcoholic.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:08:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF

BULLSHIT.

I work in the healthcare industry, writing software for this sort of data collection - although constrained to questions that are germane as immediately before and after a surgery, typically. The government absolutely has access to this information. Hell, academic researchers have access to it in an "anonymized" form, and de-anonymization is pretty trivial.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:10:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Fair enough...

The reason its still not a good idea is that those anti's (especially in blue areas) will spin that negatively in a legal environment and/or any dems that work at that office could do something unethical

I wouldn't be at all surprised if an intern swapped a flu shot with some nitric acid...

I've just seen leftists spin ANYTHING negative and don't want to give them more to work with.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fair enough...

You can't just swap a flu shot with NO. Med administration is extremely strict.

Holy shit man. Not everyone is out to get you.

You say the antis will spin it negatively. Spin what? People own guns? You think the media gets it's numbers from the medical field breaking the law by violating HIPPA instead if the FFLs who like to brag about sales? HIPPA is a pretty big deal. Sure mistakes are made but people get fired over those mistakes, let alone violating HIPPA to advance the lefts cause.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:12:11 PM EDT
[#37]
I would tell the doctor I am scared of firearms.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:15:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF

It's like saying:

Kind of a contradiction

First of all, what is HIPPA? Do you mean HIPAA?

Secondly, you're full of shit. Read 45 CFR 164.512(b)(1)(i):

(1)Permitted uses and disclosures. A covered entity may use or disclose protected health information for the public health activities and purposes described in this paragraph to:

(i) A public health authority that is authorized by law to collect or receive such information for the purpose of preventing or controlling disease, injury, or disability, including, but not limited to, the reporting of disease, injury, vital events such as birth or death, and the conduct of public health surveillance, public health investigations, and public health interventions; or, at the direction of a public health authority, to an official of a foreign government agency that is acting in collaboration with a public health authority;
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:16:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
BULLSHIT.

I work in the healthcare industry, writing software for this sort of data collection - although constrained to questions that are germane as immediately before and after a surgery, typically. The government absolutely has access to this information. Hell, academic researchers have access to it in an "anonymized" form, and de-anonymization is pretty trivial.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF

BULLSHIT.

What good is data collection that is so obviously flawed that people lie all the time on it? I'm not sure what software you're talking about though. I've never put yes my pt owns guns in any computer, nor saved it on any identifing records. Maybe just a reminder to grab a pamphlet out of my truck during a break.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:17:04 PM EDT
[#40]
I know many docs that own many NFA weapons. Including a trauma doc
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:18:32 PM EDT
[#41]
I have not been asked. But the answer is Nope don't have any or something similar to nope. 
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:18:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Not their business. And I would met want anything on record that can come back to bite me
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:21:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
What good is data collection that is so obviously flawed that people lie all the time on it? I'm not sure what software you're talking about though. I've never put yes my pt owns guns in any computer, nor saved it on any identifing records. Maybe just a reminder to grab a pamphlet out of my truck during a break.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF

BULLSHIT.

The software I'm working on is mostly used to manage post-surgical care of transplants patients and for post-discharge management of babies with a very specific heart defect. I bring it up only to say that while I'm far from a medical expert I am quite familiar with the data storage practices in healthcare.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:21:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You say the antis will spin it negatively. Spin what? People own guns? You think the media gets it's numbers from the medical field breaking the law by violating HIPPA instead if the FFLs who like to brag about sales? HIPPA is a pretty big deal. Sure mistakes are made but people get fired over those mistakes, let alone violating HIPPA to advance the lefts cause.
View Quote
You've obviously never lived in the San Francisco Bay Area

It's totally common for 'random' crimes to happen to a person once word gets out they are a conservative

I'm sure you were especially alarmed when leftists openly said they would bring HIV infected needles to stick into conservatives at rallys

... To your point, I don't mean statistics I mean in local legal cases.

The benefits(?) of that on the form are far outweighed by the negatives in this environment. It just doesn't make sense
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:21:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF

It's like saying:

Kind of a contradiction

(1)Permitted uses and disclosures. A covered entity may use or disclose protected health information for the public health activities and purposes described in this paragraph to:

(i) A public health authority that is authorized by law to collect or receive such information for the purpose of preventing or controlling disease, injury, or disability, including, but not limited to, the reporting of disease, injury, vital events such as birth or death, and the conduct of public health surveillance, public health investigations, and public health interventions; or, at the direction of a public health authority, to an official of a foreign government agency that is acting in collaboration with a public health authority;
Sorry, thats my phone's correction.

And sorry, none of that has anything to do with  telling pts to lock up guns.

Yes, health records can be used for certain anonymous studies.

Go onto a floor and ask to see all the health records because your doing a study in the name of public safety. You'll be laughed at or ignored. It's not that simple.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:23:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The software I'm working on is mostly used to manage post-surgical care of transplants patients and for post-discharge management of babies with a very specific heart defect. I bring it up only to say that while I'm far from a medical expert I am quite familiar with the data storage practices in healthcare.
View Quote
That's all fine and good. Does your software have a box to check if they own a gun? Can you plot all the names next to their address and their gun ownership status?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:24:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
My wife (an ER doc) wrote this small article about Doctors asking questions about gun ownership and wanted to get feed back. What do you guys think?

Docs versus Glocks Movement?

Gun-safety counseling is seen by some as a legal obligation on the part of most primary care physicians, however, most gun owners do not feel that this is an appropriate routine medical question. In 2011 the state of Florida passed the Florida Firearm Owners’ Privacy Act, which prohibited physicians from asking patients about whether they owned a gun, under routine circumstances. If the question became clinically relevant, such as in a suicidal or homicidal patient, then it was acceptable.

Many physicians argue that they bring up the subject of firearms during a routine visit for the sake of discussing safe storage and other ownership practices. However, others see the gun control movement as the motivating reason for the questioning.  The Florida law states "a healthcare practitioner “...shall respect a patient's right to privacy and should refrain from making a written inquiry or asking questions concerning the ownership of a firearm”

Earlier this year the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals overturned some of the provisions of the Florida’s Firearm Owners’ Privacy Act, and it is now no longer illegal for the health care provider to ask and educate patients and further document about firearm discussions. Do most patients find this acceptable? Are these measures beyond the scope of medical practice? The answer depends on who you ask of course. While the right to have the firearm discussion is protected by the first amendment, we must learn a way to do it that is not judgmental and in a way that respects others point of view. It is also important to keep in mind that physicians are not trying to confiscate the patient’s firearms and not every physician is against owning a firearm. As a matter of fact there are a few of us that while we believe in prevention of gun related injuries still love our weapons.
View Quote

i don't go to "those kind of docs"  all mine are gun guys or don't care.
i have asthma and the tech was a 160th soar guy from Bragg.  stunned.  became an r.n. not retired just quit.

1texan

my return would be:     doc.  does  is ur wife  any good at oral sex ?????
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:26:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It's totally common for 'random' crimes to happen to a person once word gets out they are a conservative

I'm sure you were especially alarmed when leftists openly said they would bring HIV infected needles to stick into conservatives at rallys

The benefits(?) of that on the form are far outweighed by the negatives in this environment. It just doesn't make sense
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even with the hiv thing. The medical misinformation out there is mind numbing.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:26:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF

BULLSHIT.

Except you've never seen data collection related to firearm ownership, and are just assuming it's recorded in a similar manner to all other patient-related data, even as a few healthcare professionals who actually ask those questions tell you that they've never recorded, nor seen recorded, that kind of info?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:31:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Except you've never seen data collection related to firearm ownership, and are just assuming it's recorded in a similar manner to all other patient-related data, even as a few healthcare professionals who actually ask those questions tell you that they've never recorded, nor seen recorded, that kind of info?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF

BULLSHIT.

I have seen patient survey information, including a firearms question, stored in an electronic medical records system.

Do you really think a hospital is going to have tens of millions of dollars invested in a custom Epic installation and just decide not to store that one particular piece of information?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top