Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 4:59:19 AM EDT
[#1]
By this thread, it looks like the retard never trumpers are coordinating.

They throw up a liberal article, then make sure they get as many page one posts as possible.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 5:13:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's not what the statement intimates, nowhere does it say every commits the same crime everyday.

"Show me the man and I'll show you the crime", who knows what you've done until some motivated investigator goes digging looking for an excuse to fuck you. Even worse is that they can take even the cleanest most innocent person and ruin them just by running them through the system and making them defend themselves against the limitless resources of the state.
View Quote
Name one of those felonies that we're all constantly committing everyday.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:44:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good luck with that.  The avg American commits 3 felonies a day without even realizing it
View Quote
View Quote
I'm interested as well, I've seen that posted here constantly since that book came out but no one can ever name them.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:50:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm interested as well, I've seen that posted here constantly since that book came out but no one can ever name them.
View Quote
Needed some ideas for your daily to do list? You already bored by retirement that much?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:56:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I stopped at "Washington Post".
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:56:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

They throw up a liberal article, then make sure they get as many page one posts as possible.
View Quote
Yep.

Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:58:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Needed some ideas for your daily to do list? You already bored by retirement that much?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know I commit 1 or 2 felonies a day but not 3.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:01:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Working up to your full potential. I'm sure that GD will offer you guidance on how to excel
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:25:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Have I read the bill? No. Do I think it's hilarious that OP is triggered and now linking The WaPodesta? Absolutely.

MAGA
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:26:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Working up to your full potential. I'm sure that GD will offer you guidance on how to excel
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stop picking on Extorris!!!

Or is he picking on you!!??

Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:32:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Even I'm at that one.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:35:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Our nation will not expire with a great roar it will die with a whimper.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:40:12 AM EDT
[#13]
if we just give up a little more freedom, we can keep this winning going
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:46:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Make America Great Again!!!

From OP's article:

Because nearly all police agencies receive some sort of federal funding, including most local sheriff’s departments and town police, the bill basically makes it a federal crime to kill, attempt to kill or conspire to kill any police officer (as well as any judge or first responder). The bill would also allow for the federal death penalty in such cases

From June 2016:

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump on Thursday vowed to issue an executive order to mandate the death penalty for anyone who kills a police officer.
“One of the first things I’d do in terms of executive order, if I win, will be to sign a strong, strong statement that would go out to the country, out to the world, anybody killing a police man, a police woman, a police officer, anybody killing a police officer, the death penalty is going to happen,” he said.

Anyone who kills police officers deserves the death penalty in my opinion!
View Quote
Yeah.... That's not going to yield the desired effect.

Because after the first one, the rest are free.  Criminals know this.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:50:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Same here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I read through the text and I did not find anything related to the OP's thread title.  If I missed something please point it out.  If not this is a BS thread and BS wapo article.
Same here.
This.  The WaPo article seems to have virtually no relation to the text of the bill.

Text of the bill
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:38:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The department can't separate themselves from the officer unless there was an obvious violation of policy or deviation from training. Often, the department is on the hook for failure to train.

If people could only sue the officer, there would be a whole lot less law suits. They want the deep pockets and cops don't make that kind of cash.
View Quote
If people cannot sue the department and city for the actions of their agent, then that agent should not receive special privileges and protections associated with the job. Seems reasonable to me anyway.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:45:41 AM EDT
[#17]
This feels like tort reform, but for police.

I'll allow it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:04:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'll read through the text but so far I'm leaning towards click-bait thread title and BS article.
View Quote
Indeed but that won't stop 87% of mouth breathers from bloviating about it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:04:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
It sure does sell those books though...  
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:10:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Ole_slabside holding back from posting HuffPo articles, nice.

Fuck trolls.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:11:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

good luck with that.  the avg American commits 3 felonies a day without even realizing it
Shitposting in the 1st degree?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:11:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Dismembering the Constitution, piece by piece.... no surprises at this attempt
View Quote
Funny how you are in this thread. Trump is your president, FYI.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:12:15 AM EDT
[#23]
#olederpsidenews
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:14:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Link to the actual bill

Reading it now, appears to be quite different from OP's summary. Will edit with opinion once I'm done.

Edit: i am not a lawyer so my reading of this might be inaccurate but...

Don't see any language giving the federal government authority over state/local police. I see language allowing the feds to prosecute for attacks against any form of law enforcement officer.

The added liability protection appears to be limited to only  cases where a felony or violent crime is being committed. (If you are committing a serious offense, the officers can be more forceful in stopping you without fear of getting sued)
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:17:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Funny how you are in this thread. Trump is your president, FYI.
View Quote
I believe FDJT prefers you to call him by his proper term, GOFGOP (The Grand Old Fuckwit of the GOP).

Enjoy your ownage you fussy boy.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:18:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

From OP's article:

Because nearly all police agencies receive some sort of federal funding, including most local sheriff’s departments and town police, the bill basically makes it a federal crime to kill, attempt to kill or conspire to kill any police officer (as well as any judge or first responder). The bill would also allow for the federal death penalty in such cases

From June 2016:

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump on Thursday vowed to issue an executive order to mandate the death penalty for anyone who kills a police officer.
“One of the first things I’d do in terms of executive order, if I win, will be to sign a strong, strong statement that would go out to the country, out to the world, anybody killing a police man, a police woman, a police officer, anybody killing a police officer, the death penalty is going to happen,” he said.

View Quote
Heck yeah. The 18,000 or so dirtbag cops in this country appreciate the top cover bro!
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:19:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Seems to happen at least once a week.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:19:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It's identical to this bill?

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/5809?q=%7B%22search%22%3A%5B%22back+the+blue%22%5D%7D&r=5

Summary:

This bill amends the federal criminal code by establishing mandatory minimum sentences of 10 years in prison for offenders who kill, or attempt or conspire to kill, current or former U.S. judges and federal law enforcement officers. Offenders are subject to 30 years in prison or the death penalty if death results.

Additionally, the bill makes it illegal to kill, or attempt or conspire to kill, current or former public safety officers or judicial officers who work for state or local governments that are federally funded if the officers were engaged in official duties or targeted on account of their duties. The penalties for crimes against federal officials are also applied for crimes against federally funded public safety officers.

The bill: (1) makes it a crime to assault an individual involved in crime and juvenile delinquency control or reduction, or enforcement of the laws of states; and (2) increases penalties based on the degree of bodily injury caused by the assault and the type of weapon used.

A new federal crime is established for fleeing authorities to avoid prosecution, custody, or confinement after conviction for a killing, attempting to kill, or conspiring to kill, a federal judge or law enforcement officer, or a federally funded public safety officer.

The bill expands the authority of federal law enforcement officers to carry firearms in federal facilities.

The Department of Justice must award grants to state, local, or tribal enforcement agencies for improving their relationships with the communities they serve.
View Quote
Lol, "Former Peace officers"

Thanks unions.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:20:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

good luck with that.  the avg American commits 3 felonies a day without even realizing it
PLEAD THE FIFTH BRO ITS A TRAP
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:21:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Were any of those people committing felonies?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. Don't commit felonies and it won't effect you.

This article is basically whining that lawyers aren't going to be able to cash out at the expense of the taxpayer  
as often anymore. Boo hoo.
What about no knocks to the wrong house?
What about that non english speaking old man visiting his kids house that got a cop beat down for nothing more then not understanding english?
What about that upper class white couple that found a cop in the back yard and got shot or beat I can't remember exactly for stepping foot out his back door?

You need to go to bed, your drunk.
Who decides that a cop on the side of the road or a judge / jury?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:22:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Of course, the bill and the OP's snyopsis have no points in common at all, but GD will GD anyway because checking facts is HARD.
View Quote
About what I expected. OP needs to put the WaPo pipe down.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:23:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:26:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Order out of chaos
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:28:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Some animals are more equal than others
View Quote
Well, I'm certain Hillary would have vetoed this bill.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:32:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Surely this must be some kind of sick joke right?  Please tell me this is trolling or taken out of context.  If not, it looks like we're about an inch away from become a total police state.
It basically gives the police all but free reign to do whatever they want so long as there is an actual crime being committed.  That's my understanding of it at least.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Surely this must be some kind of sick joke right?  Please tell me this is trolling or taken out of context.  If not, it looks like we're about an inch away from become a total police state.
Quoted:
So michael browns family cant sue? How about that guy in cincinnati, his shitbag family cant sue officer Tensing? Very slippery slope honestly, but if you rnot in the commission of a felony etc you dont have much to worry about. This sounds like a protection for the actual good shoots.
It basically gives the police all but free reign to do whatever they want so long as there is an actual crime being committed.  That's my understanding of it at least.
No, as long as they THINK an actual crime is being committed.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:38:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. Don't commit felonies and it won't effect you.

This article is basically whining that lawyers aren't going to be able to cash out at the expense of the taxpayer  
as often anymore. Boo hoo.
What about no knocks to the wrong house?
What about that non english speaking old man visiting his kids house that got a cop beat down for nothing more then not understanding english?
What about that upper class white couple that found a cop in the back yard and got shot or beat I can't remember exactly for stepping foot out his back door?

You need to go to bed, your drunk.
Yes. Resisting arrest is a felony in many states. People get arresting occasionally for resisting arrest. Only charge. Think about that real hard for a second.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:39:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Harvesting wheat apparently.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:54:14 AM EDT
[#38]
How is limiting the liability of police officers of the several States any of the Federal government's business?   Wouldn't this be a question properly left for the individual States?

That would be my first question.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:03:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

From OP's article:
*snip*

View Quote
No more so that anyone who murders anyone else.
Sentencing should be the same no matter what career the victim had.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:05:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So michael browns family cant sue? How about that guy in cincinnati, his shitbag family cant sue officer Tensing? Very slippery slope honestly, but if you rnot in the commission of a felony etc you dont have much to worry about. This sounds like a protection for the actual good shoots.
No, it removes redress if they violate a suspect's constitutional rights if the crime they are investigating the suspect for "more likely than not" is a crime of violence or threatened violence.  That seems like it could include such things as the investigation of a domestic abuse - as if Launtenberg isn't already a problem in such a case.  The court already has discretion to award or deny attorneys fees in such a case, this removes the court's discretion to give attorney's fees without the plaintiff even having to be convicted of a crime (and thus makes suing over a potential constitutional rights violation almost impossible for most).

My biggest problem here is with that part.  If the government can show the plaintiff was actually involved in a crime - and get a conviction - not merely being investigated - I'd have no problem limiting their ability to sue.  This goes much further.  

My other problem is that this creates another special class of victims for whom the justice system is free to mead out an extra penalty penalty based upon their status; its akin to hate crimes, but for police.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:30:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:33:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:38:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Sounds like they are pissed off about not being able to do their jobs. It's a backlash against the anti-cop media. Can't say that I blame them. 
View Quote
 The anti-cop media? This is as stupid as the idea that Christians in the US are under persecution.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:41:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Oh great, more federal tyranny.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:42:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
 The anti-cop media? This is as stupid as the idea that Christians in the US are under persecution.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like they are pissed off about not being able to do their jobs. It's a backlash against the anti-cop media. Can't say that I blame them. 
That's a pretty opaque bubble you must spend all your time in.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:02:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Link to the actual bill

Reading it now, appears to be quite different from OP's summary. Will edit with opinion once I'm done.

Edit: i am not a lawyer so my reading of this might be inaccurate but...

Don't see any language giving the federal government authority over state/local police. I see language allowing the feds to prosecute for attacks against any form of law enforcement officer.

The added liability protection appears to be limited to only  cases where a felony or violent crime is being committed. (If you are committing a serious offense, the officers can be more forceful in stopping you without fear of getting sued)
View Quote
Yeah, that's the concerning part.  So if somebody is committing some kind of felony the police can violate their rights without fear of being sued
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:08:41 PM EDT
[#47]
FAKE news! 
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
How is limiting the liability of police officers of the several States any of the Federal government's business?   Wouldn't this be a question properly left for the individual States?

That would be my first question.
View Quote
Lots of people don't care about that, so long as they perceive their team controls the government.

Federal overreach that benefits them or tickles their feels is good. It bothers them not one bit that they have no integrity and that their opposition of similar overreach by the opposing party is hypocritical.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:22:50 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm not okay with shielding the police as if they can do no wrong, I'm also not okay with throwing them under the bus.

But I guess coming up with a reasonable solution in the middle requires to much time and effort? How hard would it be to word things in such a way that if an officer fucks up he can be held personally responsible in reasonable situations? Like false arrest, or failing to protect a detainee? While protecting him from unreasonable persecution in others?

I'm fine with the death penalty part... except I recall a case where lethal force was used to resist false arrest and the guy found not guilty of the murder charge. I'd say that should be an exception.

Also, why the fuck is the federal government involved in state affairs?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:35:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm not okay with shielding the police as if they can do no wrong, I'm also not okay with throwing them under the bus.

But I guess coming up with a reasonable solution in the middle requires to much time and effort? How hard would it be to word things in such a way that if an officer fucks up he can be held personally responsible in reasonable situations? Like false arrest, or failing to protect a detainee? While protecting him from unreasonable persecution in others?

I'm fine with the death penalty part... except I recall a case where lethal force was used to resist false arrest and the guy found not guilty of the murder charge. I'd say that should be an exception.

Also, why the fuck is the federal government involved in state affairs?
View Quote
This would be my concern.

Imagine a no knock raid on the house of the average ArfCommer.  Since we all sleep with one eye open and a firm grip on our night stand AR, as soon as the door gets knocked in at 3:30 am, rounds are flying towards the intruders but, alas!, they are law enforcement busting in the wrong house and they are dropping like flies in a hail of gunfire.

So, by reacting the proper way - repelling intruders - we are suddenly subject to extra death penalty charges?  

If that's the case then this bill is horseshit.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top