Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 4:09:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They do have the best fast food fries, but their burgers suck ass (especially that shitty bun).  And then they charge a premium price for a McDonalds-quality burger.
View Quote

Their shit is overpriced, sure....but to equate it to McD's is just downright fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 4:11:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Our local Applebees is pretty good.

Then again there are million dollar houses across the street and the owners new Bently can be found in the parking lot most nightThere is usually a 20 to 40 min wait on weekends unless you want to sit at the bar.

Out local borough also told McDisgusting to go pound sand as they felt they would go bankrupt in short order.

Places that are still going but should die.....

Wendys
Pizza hut
Carls jr
Olive fartin
Fridays
Outback in the dumpster
Macaroni grill
Taco hell
Crapper barrel
Friendly's 

And everything at the mall and the mall too.
View Quote
how do you put Wendy's in there?

they have the best not hugely expensive fast food burgers anywhere

Link Posted: 5/25/2017 4:13:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Burger King. Every one I've been to in the last decade has been run down and grimey. And empty of customers
View Quote
That would be a plus considering their customer base.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:27:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I kept my mouth shut when the other guy mentioned White Castle, but this is going too far. Texas Roadhouse is a national treasure.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Outback Steakhouse
Chilli's
Appleby's
Friday's

....I think those places are all the same.  Slightly differing menus, but all seem to follow the exact same script and themes.

Texas Roadhouse could be on that list as well but the peanut thing kind of makes them different.
I kept my mouth shut when the other guy mentioned White Castle, but this is going too far. Texas Roadhouse is a national treasure.
All the Texas Roadhouses I've been too were good.  I agree.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:03:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
had their 3-meat giant stuffed manicotti the other day......wasn't half bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Olive Garden is good shit.

Come at me bros.
had their 3-meat giant stuffed manicotti the other day......wasn't half bad.
I was on the road a year ago, and got their stuffed chicken marsala. It was delicious. Don't know where all the hating is coming from, but Olive Garden is probably the best of all the crappy restaurants mentioned.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:08:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why the hate for Applebee's..our local one is good. It is always packed.
View Quote
Applebees is shit.

Their menu is unoriginal and overtly bland.  The food is overpriced for the quality and service.  And beyond that, their portion sizes are tiny.  Applebees is the only restaurant I can remember in my entire life sitting down, eating my entire meal (bland, dry rack of ribs made from very low quality meat), and still being hungry when I was done.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:15:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Their gyros are pretty delicious.  I stop every so often and get them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Arby's

I don't know a single person that has ever gone to an Arby's in recent history. Nobody has ever said to me "let's go to Arby's" or "oh there's an Arby's stop there." It just does not happen.

Yet there they are.
Their gyros are pretty delicious.  I stop every so often and get them.
Yes.

I'm not a picky eater by any stretch of the imagination.  I can probably count on one hand the foods that I will not eat (assuming properly prepared), and Arby's curly fries are on that list.

That being said, there aren't a lot of places to eat lunch in my town, and I will go there and get a gyro, one of their cold sandwiches, or even reuben once in a while.  No fucking fries please.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:19:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

lol

The few times I've been in one in my life, I felt sticky just walking in the place.  The place had the smell of vaporized high fructose corn syrup.
View Quote
And they don't serve breakfast tacos. What breakfast place doesn't serve egg and bacon tacos?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:22:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Has anyone said Popeyes's? The one on Martin Luther King blvd. 
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:26:44 PM EDT
[#10]
For me, it has to be CiCi's Petri dish pizza .  Fuuuukkkk.

Speaking of old long gone Fast Food joints, there are 7 of these fuckers still open.... I thought they all went under back in the early 80's.

Ours was replaced by a Chi-Chi's... which also went under not long after they killed a bunch of people in the late 90's or so.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:28:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Fridays, that place sucks hard. Don't know why anyone goes there
View Quote
They used to have great happy hour. And chips and salsa are ok
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:29:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

And Waffle House. If I wanted to eat cardboard based waffles, I'd grind up an egg carton. Gross.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:32:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I saw a Shakey's the other day.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:36:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ponderosa

Back in the 70's, it was a good place to eat but it turned to shit sometime in the late 80's.

There are very few places I flatly refuse to go but Ponderosa tops the list.
View Quote
This will have to be my answer as I didn't know they were still around.  I worked at one the late 90's.  Gross as hell.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:55:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Outback Steakhouse
Chilli's
Appleby's
Friday's

....I think those places are all the same.  Slightly differing menus, but all seem to follow the exact same script and themes.

Texas Roadhouse could be on that list as well but the peanut thing kind of makes them different.
TR got slammed in a LBAR thread a year or so back.  I was kinda surprised, because I've never had any complaints.  Then again, I'll eat my own cooking, so my opinions may not carry a lot of weight.

To further outrage GD's gastronomic sensibilities, it pleases me to report that I throughly enjoyed my Taco Bell 3 Crunchy Tacos Supreme Combo for lunch today and my internal workings remain in fine fettle.  Shocking, I know.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 5:01:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Speaking of old long gone Fast Food joints, there are 7 of these fuckers still open.... I thought they all went under back in the early 80's.

Ours was replaced by a Chi-Chi's... which also went under not long after they killed a bunch of people in the late 90's or so.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/79948/Chipasdfadsfs-216479.JPG
View Quote
Three of them are on Long Island, one pretty close to me.

As a kid I used to eat at the one near where I grew up quite frequently. It's a Taco Bel now.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:36:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Arby's

I don't know a single person that has ever gone to an Arby's in recent history. Nobody has ever said to me "let's go to Arby's" or "oh there's an Arby's stop there." It just does not happen.

Yet there they are.
View Quote
There's one in the food court at the mall that i order from occasionally. The stand alone Arbys in town, never. Too many criminals work there
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:51:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
you lost all credibility with the last sentence
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Applebee's is terrible. I hadn't gone to one in years because they were so terrible, then a friend wanted to go because he remembered they used to be good. It was garbage. Overcooked, cold steak, waitresses more interested in playing with their phones than doing any serving, crappy food overall. I'll never go back if I have a choice. 

Wendy's needs to die a quick death. 

Golden Corral too (although I suppose it keeps the riff raff put of the good places). 

Places like Applebee's, TGIFriday's, Chili's, Red Robin, Boston Market, BWW and those type don't even remotely register on my radar when I'm looking for food. I'd 100X rather find a mom & pop hole in the wall or a Burger King
you lost all credibility with the last sentence
The one I go to is in one of the richest cities in the state. I don't have a ghetto nearby 
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:53:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then again there are million dollar houses across the street and the owners new Bently can be found in the parking lot most nightThere is usually a 20 to 40 min wait on weekends unless you want to sit at the bar.

Out local borough also told McDisgusting to go pound sand as they felt they would go bankrupt in short order.

Wendys
Pizza hut
Carls jr
Olive fartin
Fridays
Outback in the dumpster
Macaroni grill
Taco hell
Crapper barrel
Friendly's 

Their buns taste weird to me and the patties are WAY underseasoned. Plus the fries get soggy very quickly and they have sweaty plastic cups. 
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:24:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:34:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I think the ones that are left are in Ohio and maybe PA.  They used to be decent (but expensive) back in the 70's. The Cod was good. Then they switched to Pollock and it was downhill from there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the ones that are left are in Ohio and maybe PA.  They used to be decent (but expensive) back in the 70's. The Cod was good. Then they switched to Pollock and it was downhill from there.
I know that there at least used to be one (a Nathan's Famous/Arthur Treachers) off of 26 outside of Columbia, SC, but I can't find it searching online.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:35:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Denny's
View Quote
You must not be an alcoholic. There are two in my town and they are completely jam-packed from 8 p.m. until sunrise.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:46:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wendys
Pizza hut
Carls jr
Olive fartin
Fridays
Outback in the dumpster
Macaroni grill
Taco hell
Crapper barrel
Friendly's 

Both of the remaining ones here suck, nothing like they used to be.

The wife and I used to go there when they had the unlimited salad bar back in our post HS days. $7 for the salad bar,(it was a lot then) but we came out stuffed.

The one in town (Very upscale town) only remains due to there being a school right up the street.

I got a triple and a fish sandwich and both sucked.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:51:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don't know what fish the local ones use for the regular meals, but they also offer cod by name.  It's pretty good and little, if any, more than expensive than a premium sandwich and sides at any other fast food place.  

The restaurants themselves are kinda old, run down, dumpy.  Of course, one of the same operations as standalone mom-and-pop would be thought picturesque and a unique, local treasure, but because it's part of a chain, it's dogshit.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:03:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The one here just got renovated.  It wasn't bad at all before, but now it looks like a high-end coffee shop inside.  Even has tables with power and USB ports.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Burger King. Every one I've been to in the last decade has been run down and grimey. And empty of customers. 
The one here just got renovated.  It wasn't bad at all before, but now it looks like a high-end coffee shop inside.  Even has tables with power and USB ports.
i honestly do not know how they stay in business. i went into a new one the other day and it was also "fancy coffee house inspired". i ordered 2 orders of pancakes for $1.90 (total, for 6 small pancakes) with this order they gave me enough syrup to fill a bottle, a stick of butter worth of butter packets, 6 forks, a knife, and 3 handfuls of napkins. if we consider the fact that most places charge $.25 for "extra sauce" bk just gave me $3 worth of free shit with my $1.90 order.

i sat on a fancy chair type thing with a coffee table and watched the world go by for an hour. i was the only customer in the building at 8 am until about 9 am when i left.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:38:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Applebees
My wife was a director for an insurance company that employed more than 30,000 people
The company used to give out gift certificates as encentives  to employees foir outstanding work.

My wife receved complaints about their treatment a6t Applebees when they presented the gift certificates before the meal as they were instructed to do.

So

She spoke to HR and got a $25 gift certificate and we went to Applebees.
My wife had a top o9f the line Olympus Pearlcorder switched on
(For those of you who dont know back in the early 80s the Pearlcorder was the cats ass. Small and 3excelent recording quality for the time.)

We go in and immediately there is a dispute loud enough for the Pearlcorder to pick up.
"I'm not serving them they have a fuckin kid" - our 3 year old was with us.

When one finally comes my wife shows the gift certificate.
This brings on another dispute about gift certificates and no one wants to serve us

All this was picked up by the Pearlcorder

That ended the Applebees gift certificate program..
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:53:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Buffalo Wild Wings, crap food, shit staff, and actively working against the second amendment. You are Chuck Shumers butt buddy if you eat there.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:01:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You must not be an alcoholic. There are two in my town and they are completely jam-packed from 8 p.m. until sunrise.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Denny's
It's the same everywhere.  But here in San Diego we have Rudford's, open 24 hours and going for over 70 years.  It puts Denny's to shame.

If you need a meal in San Diego at 3:00 AM, this is the place.

Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:14:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:23:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Proletariat food 
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:38:56 AM EDT
[#31]
ALL OF THEM
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:46:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Applebee's for sure.

Years ago they opened a new one by me. A buddy of mine's wife got a job there waiting tables and she invited us to come in prior to their grand opening. Basically we (employees friends and family) got free food so they could test run the place prior to opening. I had never eaten at one before but I went in anticipating generic casual restaurant fare.

The food was utterly awful. I mean so bad that even for free I wanted my damn money back. Never ate there again.

Biggest surprise: Sizzler.

After an experience decades ago getting sick as a dog after eating there as well as the place being hood as fuck, I swore it off. They shut the one by me down and I thought that was the end of it. Nope, they gutted the place and rebuilt it. My girlfriend talked me into taking her there for a date night last month. I think it was more so she could say "we goin sizzler" rather then excitement about actually eating there.

Place was clean, no hoodrats, food was good, service was great. And hey, all you can eat shrimp. We have been back another time since then.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:16:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Golden Chick (FF chicken), I've never seen more than 3 cars at one, ever
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:35:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
"Alaskan/Pacific Cod" = Pollack as it's marketed to consumers, I think.  I could be mistaken though, it happens.

I looked it up on Wiki.
View Quote
People play fast and loose with names, but I was pretty sure pollack and cod were different.  LJS's refers to some menu items as simply "Fish" and others as "Cod".  The cod is thicker, resulting in a higher ratio of fish to fried batter.

In any case, I'm not suggesting LGS's is all that great, but it is fish, and I love seafood.  I mean, I'll eat leftover, room temperature, Great Value fish sticks.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:56:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 6:36:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
According to their financials they still have 1,132 locations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is a Long John Silvers right down the road.

It has to be the last one.
According to their financials they still have 1,132 locations.
There are still several around here though I'm not sure how they keep the lights on.

There's never enough of a crowd there to start a decent fight.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 6:38:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The wife and I used to go there when they had the unlimited salad bar back in our post HS days. $7 for the salad bar,(it was a lot then) but we came out stuffed.

The one in town (Very upscale town) only remains due to there being a school right up the street.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wendys
Pizza hut
Carls jr
Olive fartin
Fridays
Outback in the dumpster
Macaroni grill
Taco hell
Crapper barrel
Friendly's 

Wendy's hasn't been fit to eat in 15 years.

Hot and juicy my ass.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:00:49 PM EDT
[#38]
fridays applebees and ruby tuesday

the best is 99.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:08:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Jack in the Box. 
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:17:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Arthur Treacher's was my Dad's first job as a teenager. 

There was still one in Garfield Heights Ohio, before I moved. Surprised the hell out of me. 

Ever since listening to Swingset regale me with tales of working at a Burger Chef as a teenager, I always wondered what the food was like. I guess the last one finally closed in 1996. 
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:18:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Attachment Attached File

We had one of these in my southeast Louisiana parish back in the... '70s, '80's I guess?
Had no idea they were still a thing.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:18:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

TR got slammed in a LBAR thread a year or so back.  I was kinda surprised, because I've never had any complaints.  Then again, I'll eat my own cooking, so my opinions may not carry a lot of weight.

To further outrage GD's gastronomic sensibilities, it pleases me to report that I throughly enjoyed my Taco Bell 3 Crunchy Tacos Supreme Combo for lunch today and my internal workings remain in fine fettle.  Shocking, I know.
View Quote
Added to the rotation. Thank you!
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:21:14 PM EDT
[#43]
GTFO... those are still around?
I remember the commercials... nobody else I know does. I was starting to think I imagined it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:22:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Golden Chick (FF chicken), I've never seen more than 3 cars at one, ever
View Quote
Golden Chick is awesome. I used to hit it up once every couple of weeks, before I cleaned my diet up. 

Chicken Express is better, though. 
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:51:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
shakeys pizza
View Quote
I love our local Shakey's....I hope they never gooooo....Their thin and krispy hand tossed is the GREATEST...!
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:32:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
No shit.

I think I may change my answer to this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Burger King. Every one I've been to in the last decade has been run down and grimey. And empty of customers. 
No shit.

I think I may change my answer to this.
I concur.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:38:01 PM EDT
[#47]
All of the restaurants mentioned pretty much are boil in bag food or Shitsco truck food.  All the Grade D - But Edible food you can stomach.  The economy has forced the restaurants to source food centrally and cheaper.  Chains are dying because of it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:35:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
My daughter ate at a new one, just opened this month. She didn't like it. 
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:37:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
How has no one posted Captain D's yet?
View Quote
this...
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:44:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Did anybody say Flaming Anise?
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top