Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 2:53:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stuckey's.  Even the name sounds gross.
View Quote
They used to be about the only stop on southern interstates. Originated about 20 miles from here. Even the home office closed. Think there may be a couple left in Florida.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 2:53:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
fuddruckers
View Quote
You are wrong and a bad person!
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 2:55:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I can't understand the hate for LJS and BK here. They're both pretty good to me. Admittedly, I get the chicken rather than the fish.

ETA: On topic, I wonder how Arby's is still open. The food is pretty good, but it's expensive for what it is and I don't know anyone who eats there.
View Quote
Curly Fries!
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 2:55:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 2:58:43 PM EDT
[#5]
So after scanning this thread it seems posters have listed almost every fast food chain in the US. Congrats on another fine arfcom thread.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 2:59:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So after scanning this thread it seems posters have listed almost every fast food chain in the US. Congrats on another fine arfcom thread.
View Quote
To be fair, a few are mentioned more than once......
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 3:01:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Fridays, that place sucks hard. Don't know why anyone goes there
View Quote
Friday's and Applebees, while certainly not anytning above hum-drum food, do have a place for business lunch meetings.

They are both "safe" places to take people since the menu is diverse enough that everyone (unless you have exquisite caviar tastes) will be able to find something they can stomach.

Now if Fridays could only turn the background music DOWN a bit.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 3:04:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

To be fair, a few are mentioned more than once......
View Quote
I might not be the best judge. I can find something to eat at any restaurant and not complain. I can pretty much eat anything (jokes aside. )

If I had to choose one it would be Subway's. Every sub tastes the same to me and you have to add a ton of everything to get flavor. But I guess different tastes and all...
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 3:05:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Typical of these threads we have learned today that every chain restaurant past, present and probably the future is in question as to why they are still open.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 3:15:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There are a few exceptions that i've found, one being Chick-fil-a.  I have never been to a bad one.  Ever.  I've heard stories, so they obviously exist, but there's a reason why they haven't come up in 4+ pages of this thread.  Their business model obviously lends itself to only finding the right owners in the right locations.
View Quote
I don't care for Chik-Fil-A.  I find the sandwiches to be bland.  The service is good though, but not enough for me to spend my money there.

However, they are crazy popular, so I'm not surprised they are growing by leaps and bounds.  

And since the left hates CFA, I hope CFA takes over the world.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 3:19:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Shoneys
View Quote
WOW!!!! I haven't seen one of these in years!!
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 3:20:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There is a Long John Silvers right down the road.

It has to be the last one.
View Quote
Nope, we have several here in Tulsa.  Go there for lunch every so often.

I do hold a special place in my heart for Boston Chicken when it was still Chicken.  Got TERRIBLY sick there.

Then I went to an Arby's and got a Chicken Cordon Bleu (probably 13 years ago) with a chicken patty that, if the instruction were to fry for five minutes, only got about one minute.  Yeah.  I nearly vomited right there in the store.  It looked fine on the outside, still icy and raw in the center.

McD's got me with a breakfast burrito on a regatta day.  They had the bouys spread out expecting wind.  No wind.  We were puking off the Hobie while spitting in the water to see if we were even moving.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 3:21:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
shakeys pizza
View Quote
Whoa! I haven't heard of this one in years either!
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 3:26:00 PM EDT
[#14]
In reading these posts some of the restaurants you people dislike are quite surprising, but I see some factors emerging. Number one seems to be location, those of you who cite the crappyness of certain chains in or very near to large cities I will have to agree, that's why I generally avoid places like BK, McDonalds, Arby's, etc. located in these areas. But here the real problem is the available work force, and the quality of managers available to them. The area I live in (SWMich/ Northern Indiana has all these chains, and with very few exceptions, all seem to be doing well. I St. Joe Michigan they tore a BK down but are completely rebuilding it. "Micky-D's is just as popular as it ever was. (Believe me, I'm constantly looking for signs of a slow-down in patronage, but I don't see it.) Places like Red Lobster, and Olive Garden all started with "gimmick's" which sadly have just about run their course. Drive by the Olive Garden in South Bend on a Friday or Saturday night and you'll see them all standing outside waiting for a table.

Red Lobster started out offering a reasonably priced lobster dinner (Lobster Fest only) now all that's gone but unless you know of a good local place that serves up good seafood, where ya gonna go? South Bend really likes their steak houses, even have a Ruth's Chris, though how it can compete with other places charging far less remains a mystery. (I can drive a mile down the road from my house and get a consistently good steak dinner for far less)
I don't know, maybe it's going to require all the fast food chains to completely eliminate the human element involved in food preparation to make that Whopper you eat in East St. Louis to taste exactly like the one you get in Granger Indiana. Don't forget, that's the whole reason Howard Johnson's became so popular, people didn't like the stuff they were getting out of local places.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 3:28:34 PM EDT
[#15]
There's still one left in St. Joe Michigan, I-94 exit 23, if you're interested.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 3:34:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Arbys - Overpriced and deserted
BK - Overpriced, crappy and deserted
Denny's - Overpriced, crap food, bad/slow service, lousy coffee and somehow always crowded.
Olive Garden - Because everything is crap other than the salad and breadsticks
Wendys - Gone to hell since Dave died, even the chili sucks now.
Subway - Utter crap compared to their competitors, only their low prices keeps them barely alive
McDonalds - Do they do ANYTHING right other than having a dollar menu?
Applebees - Worse than Denny's
Dunkin Donuts - Donuts are ok, but their coffee is undrinkable...at least to me and they never have decaf ready.
View Quote
The second to last word in your Dunkin Donut critique cancels your opinion on quality coffee.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 3:38:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I don't understand why White Castle is still around.  

Drunk college guys?
View Quote
You shut yer whore mouth!  

Buncha Godless damn Commies up in here.

Link Posted: 5/24/2017 3:42:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Steak & Ale....oh wait
View Quote
I loved the prime rib.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 3:42:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Applebys because they do not have baked potatoes here, and damn expensive for what you get.
Fatz, the worst meal I have ever been served was there, beef tips in gravy. How can any one mess that up? They did, it was nasty. I could not eat it.
All the pizza place could close and it wouldn't bother me. Im not a pizza fan.
I do like Red lobster, there is no other place to get sea food here. It is over priced, but I only go one or 2 times a year.
Outback, I like it a lot.Only one bad meal in 12 years says something. 
Olive Garden, I have never been to it, I will not stand in line for Italian food.
Golden Coral, I like a lot. The one here is clean, the service is great. The food is good. The only thing I don't like is tipping the waitress that only brings you a drink.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 3:42:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think they are closing.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 4:04:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Little Caesers pizza. Terrible pizza and marketing. How the hell do they stay in business?
View Quote
I loved them when I was young. Back when they came 2 pizzas in the long paper bag deal.

They closed down, I thought they went totally out of business. Several years ago they built a new one near me and that place is alway busy but the pizza sucks. It tastes nothing like it used to.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 4:04:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Outback Steakhouse
Chilli's
Appleby's
Friday's

....I think those places are all the same.  Slightly differing menus, but all seem to follow the exact same script and themes.

Texas Roadhouse could be on that list as well but the peanut thing kind of makes them different.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 4:10:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Roy Rogers
View Quote
I haven't seen one of those in 30 years, they used to be good.
Another one I miss is Arthur Treacher's
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 4:12:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Church's chicken is the worst shit ever
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I loved them when I was young. Back when they came 2 pizzas in the long paper bag deal.

They closed down, I thought they went totally out of business. Several years ago they built a new one near me and that place is alway busy but the pizza sucks. It tastes nothing like it used to.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Little Caesers pizza. Terrible pizza and marketing. How the hell do they stay in business?

Anything that gets my kids to sit down and be quiet for 20 minutes is worth 5 of my American dollars.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 4:22:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I absolutely do not understand the Applebee's hate on arf.
View Quote
Isn't that the place you can't even get a baked potato with your steak? Really? What a joke. That would be my reason for never going back.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 4:29:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Chuck E. Cheese
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 4:32:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Red Robin. Worst food ever.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 4:41:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 4:47:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Furr's Cafeteria.  Women in hairnets carefully measuring out portions of creamed spinach.......yuck.

Cafeterias in general.  Luby's, Piccadilly's, etc
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 4:50:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
There is a Long John Silvers right down the road.

It has to be the last one.
View Quote
It's not. There are a few around here, Captain D's too.

I'm not sure how KFC stays in business. The one downtown is a block away from a CFA and a Cook-Out and it never has anyone inside or in the drive through.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 4:54:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 5:03:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Golden Corral 
View Quote
Around here, Golden Corral is fine dining and is usually packed with very large people.  Personally, I hate the fucking place.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 5:06:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Burger King is the one fast food restaurant that I will not go to. Every single one is dirty and slow. They make McDonald's look like fine dining.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Burger King. Every one I've been to in the last decade has been run down and grimey. And empty of customers. 
Burger King is the one fast food restaurant that I will not go to. Every single one is dirty and slow. They make McDonald's look like fine dining.
Booger King hires the worst of the worst!
If they would hire someone that gave a shit it actually wouldn't be bad.
Those wanna make $15 an hour to flip a burger people can kiss my ass.

Won't be long before machines replace them.
Now go get a real job!
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 5:28:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Outback Steakhouse
Chilli's
Appleby's
Friday's

....I think those places are all the same.  Slightly differing menus, but all seem to follow the exact same script and themes.

Texas Roadhouse could be on that list as well but the peanut thing kind of makes them different.
View Quote
I kept my mouth shut when the other guy mentioned White Castle, but this is going too far. Texas Roadhouse is a national treasure.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Denny's
View Quote
HEY!! Where the hell else am I going to go at 3 a.m. to get a grand slam, hot coffee ....and a free show as the whores and their pimps fight?
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 7:01:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
They used to be about the only stop on southern interstates. Originated about 20 miles from here. Even the home office closed. Think there may be a couple left in Florida.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One on the VA eastern shore
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:42:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have never even been to one. I just remember being on road trips in the back of the station wagon with vinyl seats and seeing the Stuckey's sign and thinking that it sounded like "I am stuckied to my seat." My grandparents used to like to stop at Howard Johnson's.

I went to their website, and there are still a fair number around. I am guessing they are mostly around interstates.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:45:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Booger King hires the worst of the worst!
If they would hire someone that gave a shit it actually wouldn't be bad.
Those wanna make $15 an hour to flip a burger people can kiss my ass.

Won't be long before machines replace them.
Now go get a real job!
View Quote
I guess we got lucky because the Burger King around here is really good. The place is kept immaculate I get my order every time in less than two or three minutes.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:21:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Del Taco.  Although most of the ones they built around here, in the last few years, have already closed.

Burger King.  I haven't been to one in at least three years and I never see any cars in their drive-thru, even when the McDonald's across the street is hopping.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:23:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Huddle House
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:34:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Arby's. Mediocre ''meat,'' bland ''cheese goo,'' made by McDonalds rejects.

They had a buy one, get one free sale on one of their specialty sammiches recently, tossed the second one it was so bad, they had so much nasty dressing on it that you could taste nothing else and the dressing itself was terrible, it was like thousand island mixed with mayo. The sandwich was some Italian type, it should have NEVER had that kind of dressing in the first place. Some Italian dressing would have been appropriate.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:35:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

There's still one left in St. Joe Michigan, I-94 exit 23, if you're interested.
View Quote
One in Brooklyn Michigan also, they stay pretty damn busy.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:40:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
We still have Grandy's in Texas.
View Quote
There was a Grandy's in Gainesville FL up until about two years ago. Armpit
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:48:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Curly Fries!
View Quote
Arby's curly fries are fucking disgusting.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:49:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Panda Express. Awful Chinese food.
View Quote
This why would anyone eat their shitty food.  I tried it once and it was terrible.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:58:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I don't get how ANY of them are still open. Shitty food for 2 people at $40.
View Quote
A&W in Phillips?
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 11:05:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
The food ain't high end but that Jack Daniels sauce is the bomb.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 11:17:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
For me it's gotta be Sizzler and Applebees.
View Quote

When I was a kid the Sizzler was a frequent stop when I was out and about with my grandparents.
Miss the thick toast and all you can eat shrimp as well as my grandparents.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 11:22:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Skippers fish and chips.

Hooters -- bad food, expensive, amentitties not that great

Hard Rock Café -- I guess back in the day for when you were out of town and needed to score some weed.  T shirt sales company.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top