Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:15:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Panda Express. Awful Chinese food.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Applebee's, that stuff is the saltiest shit on the planet, second only to 99
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:17:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Red Lobster (or any Dardin restaurant) Not enough food for the money. I can cook seafood better.
Arby's: Why so expensive? $7 for a basic Arby melt. I used to get 5 for $5 now its $7.
Applebee's: Turned ghetto in my area.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:18:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Subway.

Especially when you have better options like Jimmy John's, Firehouse, et al.
View Quote
You can add Quiznos to that list.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:18:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:19:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Golden Corral 
View Quote
As long as there are trailer parks and fat people to live in them Golden Corral will have customers
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:19:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Chili's, Fridays, Applebees, Ruby Tuesday, all of those boil-in-a-bag chains. It's like paying $15 for a heated up MRE.
View Quote
If I'm forced to eat at one of those I just get a burger and fries.  At least you know it has to be somewhat fresh.  Also for some reason I can't figure out women absolutely love Chili's around here.  Place is packed most evenings.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:20:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Long John Silvers.

Occasionally, they'll get it right. About a month ago, I got the beer-battered cod. It came out fast and was pretty good.

I went a week later and got a somewhat warm, slightly soggy rendition.

It's as if the employees wanted me to know how good it could be, just to make the disappointment that much bigger.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:20:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Arbys - Overpriced and deserted
BK - Overpriced, crappy and deserted
Denny's - Overpriced, crap food, bad/slow service, lousy coffee and somehow always crowded.
Olive Garden - Because everything is crap other than the salad and breadsticks
Wendys - Gone to hell since Dave died, even the chili sucks now.
Subway - Utter crap compared to their competitors, only their low prices keeps them barely alive
McDonalds - Do they do ANYTHING right other than having a dollar menu?
Applebees - Worse than Denny's
Dunkin Donuts - Donuts are ok, but their coffee is undrinkable...at least to me and they never have decaf ready.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:23:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You can add Quiznos to that list.
View Quote

Now THAT is a place I'm surprised is still open.

Last time I went there we went because my aunt had a coupon.  $3 flatbread thing that literally was two bites. Still hungry afterwards. Their regular subs were $8.  Screw that noise.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Popeye's Chicken.
Terrible food, and small portions.
Never going back.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:26:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Popeye's Chicken.
Terrible food, and small portions.
Never going back.
View Quote
+the hood
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:28:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yep! And Applebee's.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chilis
Yep! And Applebee's.
Why the hate for Applebee's..our local one is good. It is always packed.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:29:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Did I get in before some Arfcommer posts that they can't even drive by a chain restaurant without shitting in their pants?
View Quote
Tier one badasses... except for the IBS.

edit: ITT we post many of the most common and popular restaurant chains in the US
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:33:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Attachment Attached File

Ohhhh wait....
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:35:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Ponderosa

Back in the 70's, it was a good place to eat but it turned to shit sometime in the late 80's.

There are very few places I flatly refuse to go but Ponderosa tops the list.
View Quote
I hadn't seen a Ponderosa in years but yesterday I drove from Cincinnati down to Charleston and I passed one.  I thought they were long gone.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:36:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
For me it's gotta be Sizzler and Applebees.
View Quote

shoney's
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:36:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone mentioned Golden Corral yet?
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:37:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I don't see how many of the places stay in business really.

Can anybody name 1 old fast food joint that's actually better than it was back in the 70's ?

I sure can't.
View Quote
A new Hardee's just opened not far from me. Back in the 80's/90's, I used to consider Hardee's a low rent fast food joint. The new one is clean, has table service, and the burgers have bee vastly improved. Still fast food, but overall, I think it's far better than it used to be.

YMMV

m
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:39:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Red Lobster.
Steak 'n Surf.
TGIF
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:41:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

There is one near my work. I have never eaten there.
View Quote

They BUILT a LJS/A&W joint by my old workplace in 2013.  The place was packed all the time.

I'd say Friday's and maybe Ponderosa along with Burger King for fast food places that I can't believe are still around.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:42:22 PM EDT
[#22]
I absolutely do not understand the Applebee's hate on arf.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:44:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Chain restaurants suck anyway. I eat at Mom & Pop's when I can. The very best steak I ever ate was at a back street Mom & Pop.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:49:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
A new Hardee's just opened not far from me. Back in the 80's/90's, I used to consider Hardee's a low rent fast food joint. The new one is clean, has table service, and the burgers have bee vastly improved. Still fast food, but overall, I think it's far better than it used to be.

YMMV

m
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't see how many of the places stay in business really.

Can anybody name 1 old fast food joint that's actually better than it was back in the 70's ?

I sure can't.

YMMV

m
Hardee's has kick ass biscuits. They are always crowded for breakfast and the drive thru looks like a race track.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:53:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I absolutely do not understand the Applebee's hate on arf.
View Quote

I don't hate them, but their food is "meh." And it's pretty expensive for what it is.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:53:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Long john silvers.  I guess people still like giant, overpriced fish sticks.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:56:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

LOVE THAT FRIGGIN PLACE.   miss it sooo much.  

Chicken fried steaks!!!!   damn!!
View Quote
Only been to Grandy's once and it was at the Ft. Myers, FL location before it closed and everything I had was damn delicious.

Shoney's is one I'm surprised is still opened. I haven't been to one in years and every time I've went it was incredibly subpar.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:57:36 PM EDT
[#28]
The O. G.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:59:35 PM EDT
[#29]
I don't see how subway can stay in business in our area. We have sub shops all over the place that have much better food for the same price.

We got a Buffalo wild wings a few years ago. Their food is absolutely terrible. I'm forced to go there sometimes to watch UFC pay per views. Its ok if you don't buy anything.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 1:01:45 PM EDT
[#30]
TJIFriday's just plain sucks and it's pricey.  I will never willingly go there again.  My wife got chicken fajitas there years ago and the peppers and onions were the wettest, greasiest, limpest crap I've ever seen.  I told her I wouldn't eat it.  It was weird, they weren't cooked to death, the peppers were still vibrant green, but they were limp and greasy.
Applebee's isn't much better.  I end up eating there about once per year for one reason or another.  For me it's Fiesta "Tequila" Lime Chicken or nothing else.
Long John Silver's.  I actually hate all things fish, but love shellfish.  However, I grew up getting chicken planks from there and loved them.  Last year on a trip, I got some and I won't be doing that again.  Nasty, cartilagey (is that a word) chicken.
Buffalo Wild Wings.  Me, my wife, and 1.5 year old daughter went there a few months ago.  We got the snack size boneless wings, then next size up boneless wings, a basket of onion rings, two sodas and a kids meal.  $50 after tip?  Screw that noise.

I don't get the hate for Chili's.  We have everything but that here.  I've enjoyed the food there when I've been traveling.  Maybe that's the key.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 1:02:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Fridays, that place sucks hard. Don't know why anyone goes there
View Quote
They have gone up and down for me, used to be pretty good went to shit, stopped going, went back and it's pretty good again.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 1:03:06 PM EDT
[#32]
fuddruckers
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 1:04:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Burger King. Every one I've been to in the last decade has been run down and grimey. And empty of customers. 
View Quote
I don't know how the one by me stays in business.  The last three times I've been I've got cold food, the wrong order and stuck in the drive through for 30 minutes.  It's always empty except at lunch.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 1:09:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Funny, my wife and I enjoy Applebee's.

Grew up eating Long John Silvers. The one here in San Diego is still quite busy.

I am surprised Domino's Pizza has survived. Like Subway, there are soooo many better options for pizza whether it be some hipster pizza place or just Papa Johns.

Not sure who is still eating here.
View Quote
Some people actually live in places where Dominos and Pizza Hut are their best options.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 1:12:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Jack in the box
View Quote
You can just shut your whore mouth.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 1:12:24 PM EDT
[#36]
McDonald's...have you see the staff? Around here it's mostly crack heads and a constant rotation of young poorly groomed hood rats.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 1:13:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Sambo's has somehow survived all the false accusations of racism.

The original, in Santa Barbara, CA
View Quote
I know a guy who used to be a stock analyst for the restaurant and entertainment industries.  He says that Sizzler's original business model was that they would buy meat scraps from Sambo's packed in cardboard drums, and press those scraps into "steaks".  This was probably the late 70's, early 80's, before Sizzler became famous for a having a really complicated salad bar (which was cutting edge in the 80's).  So Sizzler was still mostly a steak house . .  that served Sambo's garbage as their featured dish.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 1:13:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Applebees. Black anus. Skippers.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Actually I'm surprised any of them manage to hang on .   In every area of operation the chain eateries have gotten worse.  The quality of the food , the service , the cleanliness of the stores have all slid backwards.  When the accountants got their hands on the daily operations it spelled the end .  Cutting corners is the name of the game .

This really is the cause of the demise of the retail as well.

gd
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 1:16:28 PM EDT
[#40]
OP got it right- Applebees. It's mediocre food, mediocre service and all at a price of a much better meal.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Burger King is the one fast food restaurant that I will not go to. Every single one is dirty and slow. They make McDonald's look like fine dining.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 1:16:59 PM EDT
[#42]
I will only get take out at Steak'n shake and City BBQ. Most restaurants have horrible food quality, or are grossly overpriced.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 1:17:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Long john silvers.  I guess people still like giant, overpriced fish sticks.
View Quote
They had good food back in the early to mid 80's Some time in the 90's they went into free fall.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 1:18:13 PM EDT
[#44]
applebees and dennys
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 1:19:30 PM EDT
[#45]
McDonald's, outback, Red lobster.

Applebees is always busy around here.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 1:21:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Burger King is a puzzler. I do like a plain old no-cheese whopper once in a while, but the rest of their offerings are just shit. Their fries are shit. Their breakfasts are stodge.

odd.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 1:22:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Long John silver's. I  never see one with more than 2 cars in the parking lot.
View Quote
exactly
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 1:27:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Arthur Treacher's
Captain D's
Long John Silver's

Chipotle is blah.

Church's Fried Chicken
Checkers

I do like Arby's.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 1:31:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Dominos pizza is better than most of the other chain pizza places now.
View Quote
It used to be terrible, now it's actually pretty good. Better than Papa Johns by a long shot, especially given as the local one has a long-running two-medium-pizzas-for-$12 deal.

I would have voted Denny's, but there are a few decent menu items and the prices aren't too ludicrous. I vote for all of the sit-down chains that serve shitty reheated frozen food for $10-15 per plate.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 1:31:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Fridays, that place sucks hard. Don't know why anyone goes there
View Quote
I used to go there and get something called a pizzadia. Basically a quesadilla. Soft shell with cheese and pepperoni. Sauce on the side for dipping.

Went there to eat one night before the movies. This was back around the year 2000. They had changed the menu and no longer sold the pizzadia. We got up and walked out. I've never been back.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top