Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:13:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Hand jobs on the hour.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:14:57 PM EDT
[#5]
LOL.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:15:09 PM EDT
[#6]
You can't help him, but it sounds like the new doctor is irresponsible and possibly committing malpractice.  If your friend has a seizure and lives, he could become very wealthy.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:17:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Go to a third MD.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:17:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
GTFO
View Quote
+1

but... incase this isn't a troll.  

Klonpin is a Benzo.  People DIE from Benzo and Alcohol withdrawals.
Take him to a medical facility with a detox unit.  
After he will need substance abuse counsuling and AA or even NA to get his head right and prevent a relapse or other fucked up behavior.

I'm serious.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:18:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You can't help him, but it sounds like the new doctor is irresponsible and possibly committing malpractice.  If your friend has a seizure and lives, he could become very wealthy.
View Quote
That's not how it works.

It's a highly abused benzo.

The new doctor could have any number of reasons for not issuing a new prescription.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I also call BS.  Abrupt benzo withdrawal will cause seizures/coma/death in that order.  No MD would ever cut someone's benzos cold turkey.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:20:31 PM EDT
[#11]
tie him to a chair until his withdrawal is over
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:20:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Unlikely.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:22:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
tie him to a chair until his withdrawal is over
View Quote
Can he also whip him with a belt and destroy his speakers?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:23:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That's not how it works.

The new doctor could have any number of reasons for not issuing a new prescription.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's not how it works.

Likely there are chart entries about needing to come in for an eval before additional prescriptions are written.  

Abusers hate when new doctors do that.  

For the uninitiated, you can't MAKE a new doctor write questionable prescriptions simply because you used up all your drugs.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:24:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

+1

After he will need substance abuse counsuling and AA or even NA to get his head right and prevent a relapse or other fucked up behavior.

I'm serious.
View Quote
This is true. I worked as a paramedic at a detox facility. People who are in full withdrawal from benzos could die. If your buddy starts to have seizures it is a very bad and he could die.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I also call BS.  Abrupt benzo withdrawal will cause seizures/coma/death in that order.  No MD would ever cut someone's benzos cold turkey.
View Quote
+1

He was most likely given a tapering schedule, didn't follow it, and now wants more Benzos.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:26:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Winner winner chicken dinner. This guy gets it.

Your "friend" is trying to get more benzos. Also, pick better friends.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:29:45 PM EDT
[#18]
What dose was he taking.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:30:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Buddy is/was not a drug abuser. Got a script on urging from MD. I don't like watching this.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:30:29 PM EDT
[#20]
What dosage was he on before getting cut off?

Edit: beat by wingnutz
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:31:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

+1

I'm serious.
View Quote
every part of this

eta: get him professional help op
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:32:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Are you and your friend grown men?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:34:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Even at therapeutic doses?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:35:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
+1

He was most likely given a tapering schedule, didn't follow it, and now wants more Benzos.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1

Yep. Recently saw an elderly lady go into benzo withdrawal because she blew through her taper. Her original dose was 2mg Klonopin 4 times a day.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:38:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:38:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes because people build up a tolerance to benzodiazepines fairly quickly. So his "therapeutic dose" could be very high.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:38:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Buddy is/was not a drug abuser. Got a script on urging from MD. I don't like watching this.
View Quote
His MD urged him to be on scheduled benzos to the point he is having withdrawals? I think there is more to this story.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:39:29 PM EDT
[#28]
First, tell him not to panic...

Unless he was taking it for a panic disorder.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:40:24 PM EDT
[#29]
buddy did not seek out the scrip. took it on good faith and it suffering like hell now. should I bring him food or beer? I'm not comfortable watching someone suffer like this?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:40:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
+1

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1

A benzo addict lying, manipulating, and being non-compliant?  

Inconceivable dot jpg
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:40:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yes because people build up a tolerance to benzodiazepines fairly quickly. So his "therapeutic dose" could be very high.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought they were as needed and not a routine thing. To build up a tolerance wouldnt you have to eat them on a regular basis?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
What dose was he taking.
View Quote
I'm asking because I'm very familiar with this drug. He might be ready for this:
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:42:39 PM EDT
[#33]
It'll sort itself out on its own, given time.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:43:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I thought they were as needed and not a routine thing. To build up a tolerance wouldnt you have to eat them on a regular basis?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
See my first post in this thread. Just saw a lady who was on a massive scheduled dose for the past 30 years.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:43:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Pat him on the back while saying "there,there. There,there".
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Buddy is/was not a drug abuser.
View Quote
That you knew about.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:44:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
buddy did not seek out the scrip. took it on good faith and it suffering like hell now. should I bring him food or beer? I'm not comfortable watching someone suffer like this?
View Quote
You're not sure?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:45:34 PM EDT
[#38]
What level of dosage are we talking about when the withdrawals can cause death?

How long was O.P.'s friend on klonopin for him to have such bad withdrawal symptoms?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:45:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Have you ever known a drug abuser?  They are some of the most cunning and sophisticated manipulators you will ever meet. It's not like one would tell you he's an abuser unless it was part of a way to manipulate you.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:45:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
As long as they are taken with some regularity, then yes, you will build a tolerance. Since no one of us were witnesses to how many he would take compared to what his script was for, we can only make an educated guess as to what is going on based on the info given to us here.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:47:06 PM EDT
[#41]
LOL, doc was an idiot if he took a benzo popper on as a new patient.

Locally, if you want to get an appointment as a new patient with a primary care physician, they want you to fax over your pharmacy records and medical records. Pill poppers need not apply.

Tell your friend to find some idiot nurse practitioner. They don't think, they just take down instructions, ha ha. He can get what he wants.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Suffering how? What was he taking it for?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:48:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
See my first post in this thread. Just saw a lady who was on a massive scheduled dose for the past 30 years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh ok. I had no idea those types of meds were prescribed like that.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

+1

View Quote
I take 2 different kinds of benzos for insomnia. I don't understand why someone would take so much as to be dependent?.

You (most people) already know you build up tolerance for drugs, then they don't work anymore.

Then you have super insomnia. That's why I don't take them if I don't have an obligation the next day. Sometimes I actually go through periods I can somewhat sleep. 

You should never take them for long periods of time. 
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:49:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Wean him onto heroin.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Nope not buying his story.
Sounds like a drug seeker and the MD called him on it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:51:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Have you ever known a drug abuser?  They are some of the most cunning and sophisticated manipulators you will ever meet. It's not like one would tell you he's an abuser unless it was part of a way to manipulate you.
View Quote
Yes. When you finish an interaction with someone and you have less energy/money you have experienced an addict. I account my relationships in this fashion because of past exposure with addict assholes.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:52:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
I can't imagine taking them several times a day. I take them at night, at most 3 times in a row.

Don't buy the friends story though. Pillheads are manipulative liars 
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Um, take him to a hospital? 
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:53:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Nope not buying his story.
Sounds like a drug seeker and the MD called him on it.
View Quote
Yep. After dealing lying sneaky drug addicts for 16 years, you are spot on.

OP, you are getting played. Plain and simple. You can sit here and try to justify it to us all you want but some of us deal with this all the time and can see what's going on.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top