Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 61
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 4:29:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I am not at all concerned about the rights and feelings of the Muslim community.

I am VERY concerned about the rights of U.S. citizens that could be undermined by giving the government the power to arrest/punish citizens simply by the classification of words.  Imagine a leftist future government declaring the NRA a "terrorist" organization, and then saying that anyone who ever sent money to them or was a member has "materially supported" a terrorist organization.  Ludicrous?  Sure - but you also KNOW that someone like Pelosi would have no problems with that, if she had the power.  

My concern is about the unintended consequences of new government powers against US citizens that could be abused by future administrations.  
View Quote
Should we fail to contain and reverse the islamization of the Western World, rest assured those rights will no longer exist to be abused.

constitutional rights should not be extended to those who wish to destroy them.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 4:35:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The citizens that live there continue to talk out of both sides of their mouths in a best case scenario.

Worse case is they only talk out of one. 

Even worse is that we aren't far behind them.
View Quote
This goes back to my comment on the weakness of Western society in terms of identity. If you've looked the other side in the face, even the good dudes, you know that they're set up for success against us, and why, when living in contemporary Western and US culture. This thread, quite unfortunately, gives hint to the underpinnings of the issue.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 5:39:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This goes back to my comment on the weakness of Western society in terms of identity. If you've looked the other side in the face, even the good dudes, you know that they're set up for success against us, and why, when living in contemporary Western and US culture. This thread, quite unfortunately, gives hint to the underpinnings of the issue.
View Quote
Egalitarianism only works when everyone in the playground understands and agrees to it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 5:42:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 5:43:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Fears over 'second bomb' after police find huge chemical explosive cache in Salman Abedi raid
link
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 5:55:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Fears over 'second bomb' after police find huge chemical explosive cache in Salman Abedi raid
link
View Quote
So they were filming his movements and still he pulled this off?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 5:59:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Egalitarianism only works when everyone in the playground understands and agrees to it.
View Quote
I'd like to say that it's an obvious concept, but....

As they say, when it comes to going to war, the enemy has a vote. We fail to recognize said vote.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:05:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've tried to explain that here before, even the vets I know that have positive things to say of the "moderates" like their 'terps, are highly cautious or skeptical of any attempt to bring refugees here, or elsewhere, wholesale. They've seen too many "midnight letters" to believe the hype.

Doesn't matter to Leftists though, no amount of facts or statistics will change their minds, it's all rainbows and unicorns.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:07:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'd like to say that it's an obvious concept, but....

As they say, when it comes to going to war, the enemy has a vote. We fail to recognize said vote.
View Quote
Western culture is also sometimes fatally gullible.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:13:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:17:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjPN8wnNP0g
View Quote
Indeed, it is. Fatally.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:27:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Savage.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:31:37 PM EDT
[#13]
WOW!

That imam, Tawhidi, is based lol!

The other dude is part of the problem. "These attacks have nothing to do with islam, we condemn them. We have these scriptures for hundreds of years, they've just now started inciting violence because of daesh (ISIS)",  Tawhidi stops him, chastises him for lying and gives him a history lesson, explains how islam has always been at war and has been spread by the sword.

Well worth the watch guys. Can't find it on YouTube but it's worth visiting that site to watch.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:32:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm not saying we should NOT take drastic steps, I am just saying that we need to be VERY thoughtful and deliberate about how we do, so that we don't end up creating a whole different problem down the line.

And we should be honest with ourselves about the constitutional and civil liberty prices we are willing to pay up front.
View Quote
First two steps are easy and involve zero "price "

1: Stop all immigration of Muslims from every nation on the planet

2:Deport every non citizen Muslim currently here
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:34:03 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote
When globalist control the media, the banks, and have bought off every important judge and politician, it's easy to say the public is gullible,, but very few can resist cradle to grave social indoctrination.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:42:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
When globalist control the media, the banks, and have bought off every important judge and politician, it's easy to say the public is gullible,, but very few can resist cradle to grave social indoctrination.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Which is exactly why I used the term "culture" instead of "people."
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:44:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So much BS here & in the article...
1. Holding extreme views is not against the law. The authorities can't just go round arresting anybody with questionable views (because we are not a police state)
2. Do you know how many people are being reported with similar views? People need to prioritise investigations, and there are likely to have been others with more concrete evidence against them.
3. How do we know that nothing was done? He might have been investigated, but there wasn't enough evidence to take it further (see previous points).
4. Hindsight is a beautiful thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Security services missed five opportunities to stop the Manchester bomber
link
Holy shit what a cluster.

Some of his "friends" turned him in, then even someone in his mosque turned him in after a row with the imam. It only gets worse from there.

ETA: I'm not laying blame, just saying it's terribly sad
So much BS here & in the article...
1. Holding extreme views is not against the law. The authorities can't just go round arresting anybody with questionable views (because we are not a police state)
2. Do you know how many people are being reported with similar views? People need to prioritise investigations, and there are likely to have been others with more concrete evidence against them.
3. How do we know that nothing was done? He might have been investigated, but there wasn't enough evidence to take it further (see previous points).
4. Hindsight is a beautiful thing.
Way to conflate my points, and you missed a lot of what has already been posted about your exact questions, you're welcome to go back a few pages and read, but I'll play anyway.

No, I don't know how many people are being reported for similar views, but I do know a lot of people are being investigated for benign social media posts.

U.K. Police,  "Hate speech will not be tolerated"......by "westerners" if they post anything even resembling a negative view of islam, but they/you will tolerate actual hate speech that breeds extremist who blow people up, children included.

BS indeed...
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:50:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That's an interesting issue, and a very legitimate concern. Those not constrained by Constitutional concepts seem to do an even worse (despite what I've seen posted here over time) job of dealing with the issue at hand. It's why I don't apologise for the concept of American exceptionalism, beyond the bizarre libertarianist concept of denying such a thing in the name of some kind of victim status in the light of all things official, which oddly correlates to the general Western trend of self-effacing, despite the fundamental differences.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Snip...

My concern is about the unintended consequences of new government powers against US citizens that could be abused by future administrations.  
That's an interesting issue, and a very legitimate concern. Those not constrained by Constitutional concepts seem to do an even worse (despite what I've seen posted here over time) job of dealing with the issue at hand. It's why I don't apologise for the concept of American exceptionalism, beyond the bizarre libertarianist concept of denying such a thing in the name of some kind of victim status in the light of all things official, which oddly correlates to the general Western trend of self-effacing, despite the fundamental differences.
Which is why I say what works for us doesn't work for the Middle East. Some need to be ruled by an iron fist.

We don't.

But the prevent the usurpation of power and destruction of the Constitution we need to prevent these cultural enclaves from forming in the first place. 
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Which is why I say what works for us doesn't work for the Middle East. Some need to be ruled by an iron fist.

We don't.

But the prevent the usurpation of power and destruction of the Constitution we need to prevent these cultural enclaves from forming in the first place. 
View Quote
I've said the same.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:55:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'm not saying we should NOT take drastic steps, I am just saying that we need to be VERY thoughtful and deliberate about how we do, so that we don't end up creating a whole different problem down the line.

And we should be honest with ourselves about the constitutional and civil liberty prices we are willing to pay up front.
View Quote
I learned during the clinton administration that the only constitutional rights I possess are those democrats think they can't take away at the moment.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:59:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/23/manchesters-top-police-say-we-wont-tolerate-hate-after-ariana-grande-terror-attack-6656860/

This is precisely what I'm on about.

"We must not tolerate hate!"

But you did. And you have. It's just tolerance of islamic hate. And after yet another one of their number has slaughtered yet more of your citizens their activists elbow their way in front of cameras and microphones and lament about the "hate" and "reprisals" they are supposedly getting in the form of tweets or comments.

And then you make a big show of backing their fucking murderously duplicitous play by treating people who might tweet something mean like they're on the same playing field as the guys who are slaughtering teenagers at a fucking concert.

There is no victory over this bullshit until you stop playing their fucking game.

This whole spirit of cooperation and unity bullshit has been attempted for the last 16 years. The end result of that is more bombings, more death, and more militancy from islamic circles.

Time to try a different approach.
View Quote
Excellent point.  They've not only tolerated (Islamic) hate, they've imported it.

They are actually four square in favor of hate, they just prefer a particular variety.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:31:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I've said the same.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We don't.

I've said the same.
Hence why the West is doomed.... 
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:31:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I learned during the clinton administration that the only constitutional rights I possess are those democrats think they can't take away at the moment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.... we're long past the idea that this is a Constitutional Republic. 
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:37:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not at all concerned about the rights and feelings of the Muslim community.

I am VERY concerned about the rights of U.S. citizens that could be undermined by giving the government the power to arrest/punish citizens simply by the classification of words.  Imagine a leftist future government declaring the NRA a "terrorist" organization, and then saying that anyone who ever sent money to them or was a member has "materially supported" a terrorist organization.  Ludicrous?  Sure - but you also KNOW that someone like Pelosi would have no problems with that, if she had the power.  

Should we fail to contain and reverse the islamization of the Western World, rest assured those rights will no longer exist to be abused.

It's pretty simple to me.

The drastic steps apply only to followers of Islam. Case closed. Don't try to make any sort of universal standard out of it, apply it very strictly and narrowly.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:40:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
lol

happens every day in Chicago
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree, I don't believe Americans would protect mass murderers.
lol

happens every day in Chicago
When it's those Arabs, it's image is a Police State, I said image so I am not...you know
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:41:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:43:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The drastic steps apply only to followers of Islam. Case closed. Don't try to make any sort of universal standard out of it, apply it very strictly and narrowly.
View Quote
sounds like you are still free to practice christianity, judiasm, hinduism, buddhism, confuscision, taoism, zorastrianism, sikh (ism?) so hard to say you are establishing a religion.

you can't couch your murderous seditious political system as merely a religion when the religion seeks to eviscerate the free practice of other religions.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:46:47 PM EDT
[#28]
I think GD hates Ariana Grande worse than the jihadi

Mostly parents look like got killed
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:49:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:02:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here is a thought for those here who are concerned about the rights and feelings of the Muslim community:  A law that would criminalize and make subject to deportation anyone participating in or materially supporting terrorism anywhere in the world.  Go to fight with ISIS...get arrested and deported when you get back.  The "known bomb maker" living down the street from Abedi could then be arrested and deported.

What I am quite obviously referring to is fighting overseas on behalf of a real terrorist organization.  It is absurd that a "known bomb maker" can live in the UK or anywhere else in the west for that matter.  It's absurd that people can take a fighting holiday to Libya or Iraq and then just pop on home for a nice cup of tea.  Indulging in self-imposed paralysis by making nonsensical comparisons with the NRA is absurd.  Concerns about Pelosi twisting the meaning of the law are equally absurd.  If that's going to be the mindset we might as well just give up now.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:03:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nine, apparently. Care to do the math?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:14:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One too many, it looks like maybe she had more fans than just teeny boppers
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:16:33 PM EDT
[#33]
I counted 11 possible parents, maybe fans
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:32:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I counted 11 possible parents, maybe fans
View Quote
If it's to be believed, the provided information indicates that the adults were there to pick up kids. They don't seem to be the specific target. I'd wager that adults tend to show up at Ariana concerts because kids, as opposed to being fans themselves.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:33:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the past we declared we are at war and certain exceptions will be made to our liberties. I guess that would be too difficult to do in our "current social climate".
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:35:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

In the past we declared we are at war and certain exceptions will be made to our liberties. I guess that would be too difficult to do in our "current social climate".
View Quote
How do they say it? For 16 years America has been at the mall? So, what war at this point? Besides...Top Men and such.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:37:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

So they were filming his movements and still he pulled this off?
View Quote
To be fair, the terrorists that hit Garland were being watched as well.  There's plenty of well-deserved anger on both sides of the pond.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:53:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
How do they say it? For 16 years America has been at the mall? So, what war at this point? Besides...Top Men and such.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At some point I expect a war will be declared. It will take the use of WMD or multiple beslan type attacks here in the US to do it but eventually it will happen. It took a lot to get us into WW2, I expect this time will be no different. Given the nature and determination of the enemy it is inevitable. Until then the drip, drip, drip will continue.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:16:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
By in large is it not our constitutional and civil liberties that are preventing us from pushing back on militant Islamism, it is an unquestioning conformity to political correctness and an obsession with "diversity" for it's own sake (or rather, for the sake of diminishing Western Civilization).
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:18:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
At some point I expect a war will be declared. It will take the use of WMD or multiple beslan type attacks here in the US to do it but eventually it will happen. It took a lot to get us into WW2, I expect this time will be no different. Given the nature and determination of the enemy it is inevitable. Until then the drip, drip, drip will continue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You may be right, but I suspect we will suffer the death of a thousand cuts a while longer. There just isnt the interest needed to remove them from this earth.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:52:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
It took Pearl Harbor to get us involved in WW2. 2403 killed.  We lost over 3000 in 9/11, and I'm not going to look up casualties from domestic terrorist attacks since then.  The entire ME should be a glass factory by now, but the American public doesn't have that sort of resolve any more.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:59:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
No, just about 50% were kids
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:01:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

By in large is it not our constitutional and civil liberties that are preventing us from pushing back on militant Islamism, it is an unquestioning conformity to political correctness and an obsession with "diversity" for it's own sake (or rather, for the sake of diminishing Western Civilization).
View Quote
Try this:

With a group of friends, tell them America and the sons of the British Empire are the best in the world and the only true heirs of liberty and freedom. All others are just second rate and don't deserve our degree of self-determination.

Let us know how big of a racist asshole they think you are.

And remember these are your friends.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:11:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
sounds like you are still free to practice christianity, judiasm, hinduism, buddhism, confuscision, taoism, zorastrianism, sikh (ism?) so hard to say you are establishing a religion.

you can't couch your murderous seditious political system as merely a religion when the religion seeks to eviscerate the free practice of other religions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The most intriguing description I've heard of the 1st Amendment is that it was effectively a truce between rival Christian sects, extendable to others that agree with the terms. I'm pretty sure Mohammedanism isn't currently in compliance.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:23:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Try this:

With a group of friends, tell them America and the sons of the British Empire are the best in the world and the only true heirs of liberty and freedom. All others are just second rate and don't deserve our degree of self-determination.

View Quote
Not trying to one up you but try it with your family too.
Makes Christmas shopping a cinch!
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:29:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Try this:

My brother and father are bloody-minded assholes like me.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:30:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Try this:

View Quote
I have a couple of friends from Asia, mostly India, that have had their hometowns shot up and blown up by Muslims. I think the average Indian would nuke Pakistan with a smile if they could get away clean with it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:25:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:26:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 3:27:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Total of 10 arrested. Raids still ongoing

2 released without charge.   8 remain in custody.  

Intel sharing resumed with US after Trump and May meeting.
Page / 61
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top