Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:53:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Guy is probably an asshole.

However, my time is money. Don't fucking waste it.

If you want an hour lesson/consultation on this or that, be man enough to pay for it unless you're a close friend.

If you want to come in my shop and watch while your stuff is being done, interrupt me, distract me so I have to check the same shit 3 times instead of once...fine, but you're going to pay extra.

You can have your old parts back.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:54:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The man is tired of the tire kickers
View Quote
Then he should have never started a business.

He's too fucking stupid to realize how much business he's losing by being a holier-than-thou dickhead.  Hey asshole, you polish metal a bit and you think that makes you a god-level gunsmith?  Get the fuck out of here.

His services page makes it obvious he's no fucking gunsmith.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:57:00 AM EDT
[#3]
99% of the time "gunsmith"=mouth breathing retard. That appears to hold true with this clown. 
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:59:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:00:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
99% of the time "gunsmith"=mouth breathing retard. That appears to hold true with this clown. 
View Quote
He's a metal polisher, a drop-in parts replacer, and knows how to turn on a mill.

The man is no gunsmith.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:04:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This. Reviewing his "work" I wouldn't send him shite. 

"A standard pistol of any make has a "Defensive" range of 12 feet to 20 yards. In contrast, A Combat NCO® is an "Offensive" pistol and is effective from 2 feet to 400 yards." 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Geocities-quality website is just the icing on the cake.

"A standard pistol of any make has a "Defensive" range of 12 feet to 20 yards. In contrast, A Combat NCO® is an "Offensive" pistol and is effective from 2 feet to 400 yards." 
You think that's odd? Just wait until you read about how he's developing cold fusion. He's straight up looney.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:05:56 AM EDT
[#7]
He's the soup Nazi of gunsmiths 
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:06:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I bet you can guess who will NOT be receiving any gunsmith business from me...
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:09:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was kinda like right on right until this. That's fucked up

Q: Will you return my old parts after you replace them with new parts?

A: NO, not unless you request it IN ADVANCE, and usually pay a small core charge.
Yes, just like almost all auto parts stores, they charge a core fee until you return the old parts.
I do sell off the old take off parts as scrap to the "garage gunsmiths" to tinker with.
I have no problem returning your old parts to you, just a small extra fee that's all.
View Quote
Yea, he's selling you parts you already own and paid for. That's straight up con man territory.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:17:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Navigating his website hurts.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:19:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yea, he's selling you parts you already own and paid for. That's straight up con man territory.
View Quote
Not only that but I work in parts.

A core charge is generally when you buy something that is remanufactured. So you buy some refurbished electrical component, engine, pump, whatever. The core charge is only a incentive for you to bring back your old part so I can send it back to the reman facility.

Selling new parts, unless its some EPA thing with engines, you can keep your old parts no issue. Then again this is only my experience in a specific industry
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:20:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:22:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You think that's odd? Just wait until you read about how he's developing cold fusion. He's straight up looney.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Geocities-quality website is just the icing on the cake.

Karl-inc.com (This guy is nuttier than squirrel shit!)
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:23:01 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't even like paying to get into Disney World.  I'm not paying some guy to walk in his door.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:24:18 AM EDT
[#15]
View Quote
Blending on the slide isn't even consistent....

Ribbed for your pleasure?
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:24:50 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote
Ribbed for nobody's pleasure?
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:27:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've heard of this clown over the years and across many gun forums.

Consensus is he's an ass, his prices are nuts, and his work is average.
View Quote
He seems to think he's oh so very special. When in fact he's not.
I've known fucking artists, knife artisans and engravers who's work you could stare for hours, that would be glad to talk with you all afternoon and dont have these kind of diva delusions. Charging clients for dropping by your shop? GTFO!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:28:09 AM EDT
[#18]

He calls this one the "Spikegun", and when you right click the link it helpfully elaborates, calling it "THE GUN FROM HELL ! "

Emphasis, exclamation point, and surplus spacing is his, not mine.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:28:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This 

And a core charge for gun parts?  I've never had a smith try to pull that on me. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holly shit.  That guy must be insufferable to talk to in real life.
This 

And a core charge for gun parts?  I've never had a smith try to pull that on me. 
2 words

Murry Urbach
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:32:26 AM EDT
[#20]
For $100 I'd let him talk to me about building a website from this century.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:34:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Ummm.... a 600 YARD 45ACP??????
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:36:36 AM EDT
[#22]
I should start charging for my posts.  My time ain't free.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:37:01 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote
Fuck that asshole.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:37:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:41:13 AM EDT
[#25]
In my experience, the BEST Gunsmiths have a little "Soup NAZI" in their personality. However, this clown just sounds like an asshole. From the examples he posts of his work, I wouldn't let him touch a NERF gun! $110 to drop off a gun PLUS another $100 to pick-up that same gun? You have to buy back your old parts? FUCK THAT

I kinda get the charges for telephone consulting. Every minute a good gunsmith spends explaining to some slack-jawed idiot WHY he can't convert his AR into a machinegun is a minute he is not working on paying customers projects. I also kinda get the $35 for submitting a filthy gun before being able to work on it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:41:30 AM EDT
[#26]
[color=BLUE][color=BLUE][color=BLUE][color=BLACK]YOU have decided to contract custom work performed on your weapon.
Therefore YOU are solely liable and responsible for any and all
accidental discharge, malfunction, or any other problem(s) that may
arise from your weapon or any modifications to it.  
No warranties of any kind are expressed or implied at any time.
( THIS DOES NOT MEAN I WOULD BE UNWILLING TO HELP AND/OR FIX A PROBLEM, ONLY THAT I AM NOT OBLIGATED )[/color][/color][/color][/color]
View Quote
I can fuck your gun up and don't have to fix it!

I would love to know what he charge for a core charge...
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:44:10 AM EDT
[#27]

ONLY $19.95 + S/H    
( S/H = $6 Uninsured or $9 Insured )
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:55:27 AM EDT
[#28]
In an age where a customer will go to the next guy over $5 you have to reach a compromise.

I was a general manager of an avionics shop before I got out of aviation.

A quote, was far more than just finding the price tags of the equipment. Every job was custom, and by the time you have the legality of the installation down enough to put it on paper. It wasn't rare to have 20 hours into it.

I fought an "admin fee" with the owner until the day I quit.

He was so dead set in charging a customer $200 for phone time that he'd let a $100k job leave the hanger.

Stepping over dollars to pick up Penny's.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:56:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Cleaning fee seems reasonable. Everything else
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:57:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Reminds me of the guy who was doing the 1911 .22LR conversions...Ceiner??
View Quote
Ya Ceiner use to charge hist customers a $5 or $10 fee to stop to look up their order if they called in for a status report.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:02:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Wow, the guy strikes me as a complete tool. I won't ever be doing any business with him.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:05:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

LOL!!!
No.

Just jaded.

Gun plumb with a minimal staff, and you spend more time away from the bench.

"Minimal staff" is more than most Gun plumbers ever get.

Time is money.
You ever notice that there are no 'Smiths listed as the top 500 richest Americans?

Odd coincidence, but true.
View Quote
There aren't any mechanics on the list either, but mine always has a smile when he sees me and says thanks for your business.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:10:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
People like that are why I strive to know all my guns inside and out so I can do it myself.
View Quote
You d realize that a lot of gunsmiths are like that because I believe more than any other profession out there with maybe the exception of attorneys/lawyers/LEO in which people think they know their job better than the professional.

Add the fact that most people learn what they know about guns from TV/movies/video games and it doesn't help...

What makes it worse is then you get gunsmiths like this guy that are "mediocre" and these strange weird lashing out out the populace and it does nothing but cost him business and make us laugh.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
This 

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This 

If you buy new parts, and the old parts were on your gun, I thought you owned both? I always thought you were given your old parts back, unless you tell them to keep them? WTF??
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:13:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Some of his work.
Tiger stripe pistol

View Quote
i like his fucking tiger striped menu

Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:14:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
2 words

Murry Urbach
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This 

2 words

Murry Urbach

WOW. What a POS.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:14:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
If you buy new parts, and the old parts were on your gun, I thought you owned both? I always thought you were given your old parts back, unless you tell them to keep them? WTF??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This 

I always return old parts as they are usually too worn or damaged to be used safely. SO useless ..and it helps keep the clutter down.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:15:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

He says police officer and not agencies.  So he's cool with cops stripping parts off guns and bringing them to him so he can use them?  If they are to be destroyed, they should be and not parted out by scrappers.  If the agency wants to sell parts, that's up to them but it sure looks like he profits off of confiscated guns.
View Quote
Like it or not, this is rather common.
I am angered more by a policy to destroy them to begin with.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:19:08 AM EDT
[#39]
He bills the very same way a lawyer does.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:22:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
$5 fee
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
$5 fee
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:25:31 AM EDT
[#41]
We had a smith just like that here about twenty years ago.

I think he's selling timeshares in Colorado today.

Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:27:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Sounds like one of those guys who mumble and are pissed off at everything.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:31:50 AM EDT
[#43]
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:33:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Dealing with the sorts of muppets he is apparently catering to, I suppose you would need some sort of schmuck filter.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:35:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Dude needs to get laid.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:35:50 AM EDT
[#46]
I was kinda nodding along reading until the "core charge" bullshit.  Then I looked at his work.

Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:37:17 AM EDT
[#47]
His Web site design is terrible also.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:38:52 AM EDT
[#48]
"I have boycotted certain companies for 20 years + because of a severe lack of warrantee honor.  I don't want to name anyone in particular, but I'll say their name starts with a Trij ! "
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:41:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Q:  Do you have any recommendations for a Holster?

A:   Well, to preserve the finish on the slide, the best is any soft nylon holster

Starting Jan 1, 2012 I am charging a minimum fee of $35 for any gun sent in that is filthy or gummy with grease.
If your gun is just dusty, or you ran a couple mags though it then it is no problem, no charge.
BUT if you have not cleaned you gun in 100's or 1000's of rounds, you can expect to pay a cleaning fee ($35 - $95)
Also if you gun is clean, but you have filled it with any grease, Froglube, or anything similar, it is MINIMUM of $35 cleaning fee (Froglube = $95 cleaning).
If you send me your gun without the cleaning fee and I find it filthy or greased up, I will contact you for the extra $, so don't be shocked.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:43:51 AM EDT
[#50]
I knew it was TJ before I opened the link.
I hear him though.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top