Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 5/18/2017 8:35:00 AM EDT
Jarhead... Sir, I got lost on the way to college, sir!

Even though I joined the Army Jarhead, really has the feel of my experiences when I went through Infantry OSUT, Airborne School and was assigned to 3/504th PIR 82nd Airborne.

Love this movie!
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 8:36:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Dis gon' be good!
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 8:39:39 AM EDT
[#2]
You were a highly trained scout sniper that went on top secret missions by yourself to only be foiled by a douche bag officer who wanted to blow up a building in Iraq while you sat there and cried like a baby back bitch?

That was your experience?
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 8:41:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You were a highly trained scout sniper that went on top secret missions by yourself to only be foiled by a douche bag officer who wanted to blow up a building in Iraq while you sat there and cried like a baby back bitch?

That was your experience?
View Quote

Hell no, the hazing and the attitudes all around. Whoever the military advisor was on this movie, nailed the combat arms experience.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 8:42:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Jarhead... Sir, I got lost on the way to college, sir!
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 8:58:16 AM EDT
[#5]
It wasn't a bad movie, but it was far from good.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 8:59:54 AM EDT
[#6]
That movie tried so hard to be Full Metal Jacket

didn't succeed
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:36:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That movie tried so hard to be Full Metal Jacket

didn't succeed
View Quote
I disagree, Full Metal Jacket was for the Vietnam Vets. This movie was for the Desert Storm Vets and their experiences.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:37:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I rost at that scene.

It was hilarious.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:41:15 AM EDT
[#9]
We've all been taught thou shalt not kill but hear this........FUCK THAT SHIT!
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:46:42 AM EDT
[#10]
<--- USMC 1/2 Wpns Co '91-'95

We had a guy that went to Ringling Bros. Clown College.  Straight up, serious as shit, clown college.  This guy was an awesome juggler.  He would entertain the kids in Somalia by juggling bayonets, loaded mags, water bottles, etc...

One day, our Lt found out about clown college, so he called him over.

"What were you going to do with a degree from clown college?"
"Well sir, it IS an accredited college, so I figured I could become a Marine Corps officer."
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Somehow I don't buy that the plt leader, plt sgt and all the Marines were shooting into the air with celebratory gunfire at the end of the gulf war.

The author/protagonist is a whiny little bitch. Who gets that tore up about Jody?

It's like the author took every sea story he ever heard and made it into a movie.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:12:47 AM EDT
[#12]
About three weeks after I had arrived at USMC basic, one of the regular screw ups in my company again screwed up.  Our Sgt instructor asked him "what is wrong with you, Don't you want to be a Marine?"  Now admittedly I had only been in for about three weeks, and there was a lot I did not know, but I instantly knew that "Not any more, Sir" was not the correct answer.

I had a hard time not laughing then, and even decades later, I still think it was funny as hell.  The instructor's reaction was what you would have expected.  But it sure took a lot of heat off the rest of us for a few days...until they could get rid of him.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:54:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
About three weeks after I had arrived at USMC basic, one of the regular screw ups in my company again screwed up.  Our Sgt instructor asked him "what is wrong with you, Don't you want to be a Marine?"  Now admittedly I had only been in for about three weeks, and there was a lot I did not know, but I instantly knew that "Not any more, Sir" was not the correct answer.

I had a hard time not laughing then, and even decades later, I still think it was funny as hell.  The instructor's reaction was what you would have expected.  But it sure took a lot of heat off the rest of us for a few days...until they could get rid of him.
View Quote
I think this post is going to attract attention.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:55:52 AM EDT
[#14]
That was a boring ass movie.  All the build up for nothing.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:56:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That was a boring ass movie.  All the build up for nothing.
View Quote
that's kind of the point, guy
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:57:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Jarhead, the book, was the dumbest goddamn thing ever written about the US Marines.  There is better content written on blue-plastic shitter walls in Sharpie than you'll find in that POS book.

The goddamn movie by the same name is an unmatched festival of retardery.  OP, I hope you were really drunk when you watched it...  'cause its fucking stupid and you should feel bad.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:57:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
i honestly dont know why people make up stories like this

wish i knew though
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:02:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

wish i knew though
View Quote
It reads more authentic than Jarhead .
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:03:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

We had a guy that went to Ringling Bros. Clown College.  Straight up, serious as shit, clown college.  This guy was an awesome juggler.  He would entertain the kids in Somalia by juggling bayonets, loaded mags, water bottles, etc...

"Well sir, it IS an accredited college, so I figured I could become a Marine Corps officer."
View Quote
You win! I rost hard!  
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:15:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Basic? Not Boot Camp?

Company? Not Platoon?

Sgt Instructor? Not Drill Instructor or DI?

Instructor? Not Drill Instructor or DI?

Hmmmmmm.......
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:19:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:21:16 AM EDT
[#22]
I was a Sgt in the same task force as the guy that wrote jarhead. His BN C.O. was my company C.O. in a previous unit.

I've never read the book or watched the movie.

Guess I should get around to it one of these days.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:24:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Basic? Not Boot Camp?

Company? Not Platoon?

Hmmmmmm.......
View Quote

Genin, Please give us an example of how you addressed your most senior instructor in order to ask to go take a shit.  Bonus: What color was his belt?
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:26:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lmao!  I can see that getting some panties in a bunch.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:36:16 AM EDT
[#25]
You sizzle dick motherfucker...
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:44:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Genin, Please give us an example of how you addressed your most senior instructor in order to ask to go take a shit.  Bonus: What color was his belt?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Basic? Not Boot Camp?

Company? Not Platoon?

Hmmmmmm.......
@genin
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:45:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Jarhead, the book, was the dumbest goddamn thing ever written about the US Marines.  There is better content written on blue-plastic shitter walls in Sharpie than you'll find in that POS book.

The goddamn movie by the same name is an unmatched festival of retardery.  OP, I hope you were really drunk when you watched it...  'cause its fucking stupid and you should feel bad.
View Quote
This, Hellfish has nailed it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:45:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:50:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Basic? Not Boot Camp?

Company? Not Platoon?

Hmmmmmm.......
IN!
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:51:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
IN!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Basic? Not Boot Camp?

Company? Not Platoon?

Hmmmmmm.......
IN!
This gonna be good.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:53:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's a trick question:  Anybody who has been to Marine Basic at Fort Dix knows that the senior sergeant instructor in each company wears a different colored belt.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:56:26 AM EDT
[#32]
This just turned interesting
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:06:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:13:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Basic? Not Boot Camp?

Company? Not Platoon?

Hmmmmmm.......
You got to ask?  I think one guy tried to ask, heavy just pushed his shit back in.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:16:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hmmm.....
<----- USMC 1/2 Weapons Co 82-85& 1/2

Time line doesn't match but I had a clown for a platoon commander. 
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:43:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Hmmm.....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmmm.....

They're ALL clowns.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:44:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
That's a trick question:  Anybody who has been to Marine Basic at Fort Dix knows that the senior sergeant instructor in each company wears a different colored belt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This arfcommer doesn't think arfcommer Genin is coming back.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:49:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
He's UA from GD!
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:56:51 PM EDT
[#39]
I'M IN FOR THIS!

Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:12:02 PM EDT
[#40]
ah what the fuck.  IN!

I just watched the second and third jarhead installments for shits and giggles.  don't waste your time.  fuck, Navy Seals: Battle for New Orleans is better

gonna have to watch Generation Kill again just to cleanse my mind
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:13:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah... I don't think so...

Where'd you go to 'basic'? Ft Pendleton or Camp Geiger?
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:15:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
ah what the fuck.  IN!

I just watched the second and third jarhead installments for shits and giggles.  don't waste your time.  fuck, Navy Seals: Battle for New Orleans is better

gonna have to watch Generation Kill again just to cleanse my mind
View Quote
Was Chris Kyle in it sniping looters?
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:16:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
He's UA from GD!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's UA from GD!
He got lost on his way to MCRD.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:16:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Was Chris Kyle in it sniping looters?
View Quote
nah, it's a zombie type movie set in Baton Rouge, which made me wonder why "battle for New Orlean"
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:18:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

nah, it's a zombie type movie set in Baton Rouge, which made me wonder why "battle for New Orlean"
View Quote
Meh. Geaux Tigers. See what I mean? Zombies. Its all zombies.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:19:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Should've picked up this gem instead dude

Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:27:21 PM EDT
[#47]
I made it 15 seconds into that. my 8yo son loves war movies, so he wants to watch them all.  I couldn't allow it, and Segal is now banned from my Netflix
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:44:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I made it 15 seconds into that. my 8yo son loves war movies, so he wants to watch them all.  I couldn't allow it, and Segal is now banned from my Netflix
View Quote

He's so corny his movies are absolutely unbearable. Good for a laugh I suppose.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:51:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

wish i knew though
View Quote
It isn't made up...it was at our first bivouac, and he had laid his rifle down without having anyone watch it, and it got scooped up.  The interchange followed him being chewed out for not taking care of his rifle.  The DI told him to walk ten paces behind the rest of the company until they could get rid of him.  It only took a couple of days for the paperwork to get rid of him processed.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:57:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It isn't made up...it was at our first bivouac, and he had laid his rifle down without having anyone watch it, and it got scooped up.  The interchange followed him being chewed out for not taking care of his rifle.  The DI told him to walk ten paces behind the rest of the company until they could get rid of him.  It only took a couple of days for the paperwork to get rid of him processed.
View Quote
You bivuoaced three weeks into Boot?  What battalion were you in? The Fourth?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top