Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2001 10:34:07 AM EDT
Go to this address:
[url]http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=65518[/url]

They have refused processing for a gun related business and are saying they don't do business with the gun industry.

BOYCOTT TIME!!!!
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 10:50:40 AM EDT
[#1]
one more item out of my purse.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 11:26:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I blatantly plagiarized Dean Fuller's response on the Firing Line, modified it slightly, and sent it to BofA's Merchant Services customer service. Go to [url]www.bankofamerica.com[/url] and select Merchant Services from the Business Services drop-down list. Here it is:

Dear Sirs,

There is a rumor floating around on the Internet that Bank of America has a policy of “not providing merchant services to the gun industry.” This according to corporate spokesman Daniel Schulm of the San Francisco headquarters office. Apparently Bank of America has refused to provide credit card processing services to a gunsmithing company called Arizona Response Systems. ARS is a stand-up company run by a true American patriot.

I have been a Bank of America customer for years. When BofA purchased Security Pacific Bank I was wary of the merger, but I kept my accounts at BofA because I thought your bank deserved a chance. I want to confirm if this anti-gun policy is in fact true before my wife and I take steps to close all our Bank of America accounts and move our financial business elsewhere.

I would like to bring to your attention something that happened to Citibank last year: Citibank announced a policy of refusing to do business with the gun industry. There was a national boycott, people closed their accounts, the story made the national news, and Citibank eventually reversed their anti-gun policy.

The Internet is a powerful thing. This story about Bank of America has already made the Internet. A national boycott of Bank of America has already been set in motion – not by any particular organization, but by the grass-roots power of the Internet.

May I suggest that if the rumor of your anti-gun policy is true, that you reverse the policy immediately in order to prevent further damage to your company.

If we find the rumor about this policy to be true, my wife and I will be taking our banking business elsewhere.

We look forward to your reply.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/3/2001 11:34:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 2:03:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been boycotting them for a couple of years now. They don't care if they lose the business. They don't even want small accounts. There is a law that they can not have more than (I think 15%) of all accounts on deposit. They want to run off the small accounts so their 15% will be the big money accounts.
There is another thread running on this if you haven't seen it:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=19905

Link Posted: 5/3/2001 8:35:17 PM EDT
[#5]
4 whole responses.  I guess this is not as important as arguing about creationism vs evolution.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 8:40:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Those rat bastards are the ones who provide ALL of the credit cards we in the military use for travel. Instead of the Gvmt getting our plane tickets ahead of time for us now, we were made to get these travel cards which are actually Visa cards we pay back. That really sucks. Wish I could cut it up.

Aviator
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 8:47:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I new they were anti gun when those two guys in LA shot up their parking lot and not one teller came out and fought.  [:D]
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 8:56:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I use to have a credit card account with them until a few days ago... Transferred the balance to a new company (and closed the account) when I heard about this... Have been urging others to do the same.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 9:06:48 PM EDT
[#9]
They have backed down. We won, this round...

Aviator
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 10:42:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Larry G - It just takes us a while some times. Check my response on the other (should gun industry boycott?) thread.

I can't check ar15.com from work.  Anyway, by the time my answer was up, they had backpedaled.  However, I don't thing we should take the pressure off Bank of America, because they were fairly unresponsive, only doing enough to get the immediate heat off.

Did they produce a copy of the old policy? Apparently not yet.

Did they send a copy of the new policy? Apparently not yet.

Did they do an investigation?
I don't see any evidence of it.

Do they have a press release?
Not on their web site as of 11:30 pm Pacific time.

BTW  Ken Lewis is now the Chairman.

My post on the other thread has the phone number and address for Bank of America headquarters, and a list of the officers and directors from the year 2000 annual report.

[red][size=4] P.R.K.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 6:16:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Who cares if the b@stards back down? Boycott them anyway! Too late, they showed their colors. Don't let those anti's have another of your dollars, EVER!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top