Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:58:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Thanks I was looking for that
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:58:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
We are good here. I'll have to get out tomorrow and check the fences and out buildings of but as of now we're alive and well.
View Quote
Glad to hear that!
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:02:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Just flood warnings left up now.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:02:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:09:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Ya gotta love the whore media outlets that when a life threatening happening is occurring, they make you watch a 30 second commercial for some stupid shit....before their feed starts. 

You'd think they would have a button that would suspend the commercial shit until the danger passes. 
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:13:04 PM EDT
[#6]
51 patients transported throughout the region. Yesterday, the region had a disaster drill. 
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:15:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ya gotta love the whore media outlets that when a life threatening happening is occurring, they make you watch a 30 second commercial for some stupid shit....before their feed starts. 

You'd think they would have a button that would suspend the commercial shit until the danger passes. 
View Quote
Yeah I've been scratching my head about that.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:17:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a friend that was working trade days, he also has a warehouse near Canton.  Can't reach the cunt (he's a brit).  Hope he's ok.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:22:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have a friend that was working trade days, he also has a warehouse near Canton.  Can't reach the cunt (he's a brit).  Hope he's ok.
View Quote
You text him?
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:23:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Just heard from him.  He's good.  Said he was asleep when I called.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:24:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just heard from him.  He's good.
View Quote
Good. 
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:30:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I will be out at my dads place in Emory in the morning. If anyone in the area needs any help let me know.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:32:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:36:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hey guys - sorry as someone mentioned we've been busy. I didn't read all 5 pages, as I wanted to post asap.TL;DR we are ok.

Just got home a little while ago trying to stay away from the storms and then trying to find a way home since the roads are all flooded. I had the family in the car so I had to be extra careful.

So this afternoon the storm warnings were coming through. Once they said tornado threat was serious in canton, rather than be a sitting duck at the store  I grabbed the wife and we drive off to watch from a safe distance. In the metal building, everyone else was gathering at the center, awaiting whatever was to come.

We parked next to I20, across from a car dealership, where we had a good view of the sky to the south for miles. When it looked really ugly, and the storm seemed centered to our east, we drove west a bit, and found another viewing spot. We repeated that for a few hours. At several points, it was raining debris, mostly leaves and other light items, but they were coming from great altitude, way above the tree lines, and in open spaces with no trees.

E lightning show was impressive, and the hail and winds went from total quiet to blowing sideways several times. There were storms in every direction, so we were trying to thread the needle and avoid them most of the evening. I'd much rather be at a vantage point where I can see what's going on and react accordingly than to sit and wait and hope it doesn't go over me.

Anyway, major flooding, and high winds, so many roads were closed, including thre3 of the four to our house. We finally crossed about 2' of water pouring over the fourth street to make it home after dark. All is intact here, but power has been out all evening and may be out a few days I'm told.

In the morning we'll assess damages, and then go see who needs help. I know TRG got hit so we'll stop by his house tomorrow though he insists his road is not passable with downed power lines and large trees blocking access.

I also know some of our local LEOs got hit so we'll see who needs what in the morning. Everyone was safe and had a roof over their heads tonight.
View Quote
Glad all is well for now Sir. If you need anything let us know. Lots of DFW guys around can lend a hand.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:37:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hey guys - sorry as someone mentioned we've been busy. I didn't read all 5 pages, as I wanted to post asap.TL;DR we are ok.

Just got home a little while ago trying to stay away from the storms and then trying to find a way home since the roads are all flooded. I had the family in the car so I had to be extra careful.

So this afternoon the storm warnings were coming through. Once they said tornado threat was serious in canton, rather than be a sitting duck at the store  I grabbed the wife and we drive off to watch from a safe distance. In the metal building, everyone else was gathering at the center, awaiting whatever was to come.

We parked next to I20, across from a car dealership, where we had a good view of the sky to the south for miles. When it looked really ugly, and the storm seemed centered to our east, we drove west a bit, and found another viewing spot. We repeated that for a few hours. At several points, it was raining debris, mostly leaves and other light items, but they were coming from great altitude, way above the tree lines, and in open spaces with no trees.

E lightning show was impressive, and the hail and winds went from total quiet to blowing sideways several times. There were storms in every direction, so we were trying to thread the needle and avoid them most of the evening. I'd much rather be at a vantage point where I can see what's going on and react accordingly than to sit and wait and hope it doesn't go over me.

Anyway, major flooding, and high winds, so many roads were closed, including thre3 of the four to our house. We finally crossed about 2' of water pouring over the fourth street to make it home after dark. All is intact here, but power has been out all evening and may be out a few days I'm told.

In the morning we'll assess damages, and then go see who needs help. I know TRG got hit so we'll stop by his house tomorrow though he insists his road is not passable with downed power lines and large trees blocking access.

I also know some of our local LEOs got hit so we'll see who needs what in the morning. Everyone was safe and had a roof over their heads tonight.
View Quote
Glad to hear you and everyone else there is okay. Lets us know if things are needed. Is the Alvis up and running because this looks like something it was built for.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:41:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
We parked next to I-20, across from a car dealership, where we had a good view of the sky to the south for miles. When it looked really ugly, and the storm seemed centered to our east, we drove west a bit, and found another viewing spot.
View Quote
glad all of you are alright, and it sounds as if you moved away from that car dealership in a timely manner!
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:43:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Like others have said, if you need any help just let us know.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:44:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Anyway, major flooding, and high winds, so many roads were closed, including three of the four to our house. We finally crossed about 2' of water pouring over the fourth street to make it home after dark. All is intact here, but power has been out all evening and may be out a few days I'm told.

Also, apologies, posting on a cell phone so please forgive grammar, spelling, and whatever else loooks wrong.
View Quote
Welcome to Texas! Glad y'all are OK. 
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:45:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Anyway, major flooding, and high winds, so many roads were closed, including three of the four to our house. We finally crossed about 2' of water pouring over the fourth street to make it home after dark. All is intact here, but power has been out all evening and may be out a few days I'm told.

Also, apologies, posting on a cell phone so please forgive grammar, spelling, and whatever else loooks wrong.
View Quote
Glad to hear you guys are alright! I will be out in Emory tomorrow. If you guys should need anything please let me know.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:45:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:47:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Appreciate all the concern and offers for help. Tomorrow we'll see who needs what.

TRG had sent me this pic:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2/IMG-6847-198427.jpg
View Quote
That there's a tornader. 
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:49:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Im in North Dallas, if anyone needs anything, let me know.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:50:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Glad you guys and TRG are ok, scary stuff.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:51:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Appreciate all the concern and offers for help. Tomorrow we'll see who needs what.

View Quote
Is everyone at the store alright?
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:53:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:54:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
http://texasstormchasers.com/2017/04/29/confirmed-tornado-moving-toward-tundra-canton/

Does anyone have any more information. I know the ARFCOM store is out there.
View Quote

The flee market?
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:00:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The flee market?
View Quote
Yes,its in the building just north of the grounds but still part of Trade Days.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:01:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The damage is going to be massive.
View Quote
Yeah, they were hauling stuff out for months after the tornado down here. That one looks much larger. 
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:06:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Why does the pic have a 2011 watermark?
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:07:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Why does the pic have a 2011 watermark?
View Quote
Damn it does.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:13:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:17:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

LOL no idea. Maybe he used a stock image? I'm on my phone so I hadn't paid that close attention. Damn fake news.
Sent me pics of the damage to his place, so those better not be fake...
View Quote
Maybe a artistic representation of what he saw
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:20:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Maybe a artistic representation of what he saw
View Quote
"Professional tornado on a closed course please do not attempt at home."
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:23:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Same barn and curve in road from Canton OK 2011.

http://zenastormchaser.it/chasing/wedge-tornado-canton-ok-24-may-2011/

BIL lives on family land in far west VZ County (hope wife and I will move out in a few years).  She could not make contact and the last thing she heard was they were going to dinner (which of course means Canton).  She freaked out when she could get in touch with him, turns out he went to the fine town of Terrell
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:25:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
"Professional tornado on a closed course please do not attempt at home."
View Quote
HA!
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:31:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:36:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If they are, I say we meet over there and recreate them.
View Quote
Oh shit.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:36:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
That there's a tornader. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That there's a tornader. 
A whopper, speaking in the vernacular of the peasantry
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:38:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
A whopper, speaking in the vernacular of the peasantry
View Quote
A whopper is a tall tale. That there's a bigun. 
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:39:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Italian storm chaser site?

Wedge tornado Canton OK, 24 May 2011

For May 24, a Hig Risk on Oklahoma for violent and intense supercreates torn by the American meteorological center. According to forecasts, thunderstorms would have to be triggered very soon, so we decided to target us from early afternoon, awaiting the launch of the convoy from the town of Watonga (OK)

The sky appears almost serene, few low-spread clouds traveling westward, pushed by a dense, damp, oriental wind. On Western Oklahoma, a dry line front violently presses against moist air, accentuating convergence.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:41:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Italian storm chaser site?

View Quote
Yeah thats what I thought too
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:43:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Yeah thats what I thought too
View Quote
Italians drive bad enough already. We don't need them trying to chase storms here.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:59:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Here with the Task Force contingent
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:02:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:02:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Here with the Task Force contingent
View Quote
How bad does it look from the ground. I know its dark right now.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:04:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This is a Facebook profile that has a bunch of pics of the damage.

https://www.facebook.com/prom.ise.39
View Quote
Link won't work for me but I don't have facebook so that may be the problem.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:07:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Can't really tell. A lot of busted up trees so far.  We are moving to our search area right now
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:12:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Can't really tell. A lot of busted up trees so far.  We are moving to our search area right now
View Quote
I imagine its a mess there right now.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:14:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:15:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top