BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:18:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You must live in California and this is your protest against people who have no pity, right................
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why didn't the gun owners stop the bill from passing?

Why do they hire gun grabbing politicians in the first place?

Is there going to be any recall elections?

Are they storming the capital building?

If the gun owners in that state will not help themselves then I don't see how killing off a manufacturer and sponsor is going to help.

Try removing the gun grabbing politicians from office instead of boycotting a firearms manufacturer.
You must live in California and this is your protest against people who have no pity, right................
You guess poorly.

When you get to the end of the boycott and say, Springfield closes because it is so effective, then all that effort is expended and the real problem still exists - they still have gun grabbing politicians in their state and gun owners have lost a manufacturer.

Basically the folks in that state need to get off their asses and quit blaming a manufacturer for their laziness.

The manufacturer cannot fire any of the politicians and does not vote them in.

The people who vote and didn't vote in that state did this to themselves either by poor choice or no choice.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:20:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Great.

Thread starts off with SA hate, ends up DW hate.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:20:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You guess poorly.

When you get to the end of the boycott and say, Springfield closes because it is so effective, then all that effort is expended and the real problem still exists - they still have gun grabbing politicians in their state and gun owners have lost a manufacturer.

Basically the folks in that state need to get off their asses and quit blaming a manufacturer for their laziness.

the people who vote and didn't vote in that state did this to themselves either by poor choice of no choice.
View Quote

The manufacturer contributed to their own demise by not opposing anti 2A legislation.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:21:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yes because DW competes with Wilson in the same price range.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd still get a Wilson Combat over a DW.
Yes because DW competes with Wilson in the same price range.

I've seen Dan Wessons for $1200 less that I still consider better guns.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:21:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Sigs own style of 1911 is pretty damn awesome.

I love my Spartan.

View Quote
Not trying to sound like an idiot, but what's the difference?   Don't own any 1911s.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:26:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Remington R1.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:27:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The manufacturer contributed to their own demise by not opposing anti 2A legislation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guess poorly.

the people who vote and didn't vote in that state did this to themselves either by poor choice of no choice.

Two manufacturers.

How many people own guns in that state? 

Those are the votes and that's what counts.

If you are a gun owner and get lazy on election day you get gun control. 

Especially in that state.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:29:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Two manufacturers.

View Quote
It is far more than laziness. Sad that you cannot see the wrongdoing. Follow the money.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:39:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Two manufacturers.

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:44:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You guess poorly.

The people who vote and didn't vote in that state did this to themselves either by poor choice or no choice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the gun owners in that state will not help themselves then I don't see how killing off a manufacturer and sponsor is going to help.

Try removing the gun grabbing politicians from office instead of boycotting a firearms manufacturer.
You guess poorly.

Okay, what state DO you live in?

Also, you are either an SAI/RRA fan or own stock in one or the other because you sure are eager to overlook this.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:50:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Not trying to sound like an idiot, but what's the difference?   Don't own any 1911s.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sigs own style of 1911 is pretty damn awesome.

I love my Spartan.

Biggest thing is the external extractor.  Drives some folks crazy.

The slide is shaped ever so slightly different.  Also Series 80 triggers but still very awesome triggers.

Some models have a different shaped grip.  Not crazy about that part but it's only some models so one can choose.

They did, or still do, make some models with the traditionally shaped slide and internal extractor just not sure if they still do.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:51:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Two manufacturers.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guess poorly.

Two manufacturers.

Could it be that gun owners are simply outnumbered just like in California and NY?
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:52:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That is the way I live my life. Buy what you want. Fuck this political crap.
I could go on my soap box but what good would it do. People want to think the way they do and I am not going to change their minds and they aren't going to change mine!
Enjoy a good deal on any 1911 you like!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't keep up with all the firearms drama.

I love my springfields.
I could go on my soap box but what good would it do. People want to think the way they do and I am not going to change their minds and they aren't going to change mine!
You're okay with SA jumping in with gun grabbers to shit all over the gun owners of Illinois while carving out an exemption for themselves from the restrictions?
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:53:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Two manufacturers.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guess poorly.

Two manufacturers.

Quislings from inside the firearms manufacturing  community help provide effective templates in order that the gun grabbers can expand their influence and institute similar anti second amendment laws in other states.

Gun owners aren't lazy; they're outnumbered and out voted in some states and firearms industry Quislings such as Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms  working with the gun grabbers, provide the nail in the coffin for gun rights.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:56:57 AM EDT
[#15]
At this point if you'll still support Springfield Armory here's another organization that will be of interest to you Everytown for Gun Safety
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 9:00:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
At this point if you'll still support Springfield Armory here's another organization that will be of interest to you [url=https://everytown.org/]Everytown for Gun Safety[rl]
View Quote
Do you really want to hot link ever town for gun safety to this site ?

The new trolling here will likely be enormous.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 9:09:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't keep up with all the firearms drama.

I love my springfields.
Politics is no more than putting action to your morals and values.

So you have no morals and values? That is a telling statement on your part
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 9:11:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Almost as edgy as leaving a bad yelp review.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edgy.
Almost as edgy as leaving a bad yelp review.
Just give up. That will probably help us all in the long run. Log out also.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 9:20:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Ruger SR1911.  
Good gun
View Quote
Love mine. Has been flawless since I've owned it and I've put  about 1000 rounds through it,  plus whatever the previous owner shot.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 9:28:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Can anyone create a guide on what MFG's we are supposed to buy from that doesn't hurt "muh feels"?

Muchly appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 9:29:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Both Illinois and California gun owners have a history of blaming everyone but themselves for the actions of their elected politicians.

I'm surprised the NRA escaped blame on this one, they are usually the whipping boy for angry gun owners who don't understand politics.

If we are going to blame SA for anything it should be for staying in Illinois.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 9:32:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Maybe get a used one super cheap since everyone (liars) says they will be dumping theirs.
View Quote
I don't see the validity of selling something AFTER you gave them your $$$.

The key here is to have their profits drop off.  Selling yours or buying used does nothing in that department.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 9:38:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It is far more than laziness. Sad that you cannot see the wrongdoing. Follow the money.
View Quote
How much are you going to be able to donate to pro 2A organizations to make up the shortfalls coming from the demise of Springfield and RRA? Springfield is one of the top 5 companies donating to pro gun causes so if I follow the money, boycotting actually give the antis a double win.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 9:44:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I think I paid around $850 or so for my Colt XSE, it's been flawless so far, about 2000 rounds.
View Quote
This, I was going to buy a Springfield RO but scraped up a little more $$ and got a new Colt XSE
and I'm very very happy with it. Never failed to run and so far it eats every 230 gr JHP I have tried.

If I was going to buy another new 1911 it would be another Colt.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 9:48:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Both Illinois and California gun owners have a history of blaming everyone but themselves for the actions of their elected politicians.

I'm surprised the NRA escaped blame on this one, they are usually the whipping boy for angry gun owners who don't understand politics.

View Quote
I ran from my state and it got worse, you can only run so far because it will encroach there too and sometimes you have to pick your battles and hope you survive to fight the next one. Illinois has been a shithole for gunowners for a long time, since I was a kid because of Shitcago and it's also the Reese's home state.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 9:54:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
I agree with this.

I can see them using the agreement to remain in business until they put together a plan to exit that state.

SA and RRA need to leave that state otherwise we, by purchasing their products, will be sending $$ to a gun ban state.

I give them some time to make arrangements.

If they are planning on staying there, then let the boycott begin. 
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 9:58:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Step up to the Dan Wesson Heritage, or one of the other higher priced models if you can swing it.

...or maybe  a used Baer.
View Quote
Dan Wesson Heritage has zero mim.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 10:08:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Dan Wesson will be my next 1911
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 10:25:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I don't see the validity of selling something AFTER you gave them your $$.

The key here is to have their profits drop off.  Selling yours or buying used does nothing in that department.  
View Quote

If people still want a SA product and buy used it prevents new sales, thus, profits drop off.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 10:28:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Can anyone create a guide on what MFG's we are supposed to buy from that doesn't hurt "muh feels"?

Muchly appreciated.
View Quote

More than about yer "feels", bro.

Link Posted: 4/30/2017 10:30:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Muchly appreciated.

ATF Agents aren't very bright.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 10:34:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I agree with this.

I can see them using the agreement to remain in business until they put together a plan to exit that state.

SA and RRA need to leave that state otherwise we, by purchasing their products, will be sending $ to a gun ban state.

View Quote
So you just cede another state to the antis? Eventually if you give up enough states their representatives start to stack up against you on the national level and you end up with Federal bans and restrictions again. You can run but you can't hide.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:45:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Could it be that gun owners are simply outnumbered just like in California and NY?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guess poorly.

Two manufacturers.

Unpossible
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 3:47:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So you just cede another state to the antis? Eventually if you give up enough states their representatives start to stack up against you on the national level and you end up with Federal bans and restrictions again. You can run but you can't hide.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with this.

SA and RRA need to leave that state otherwise we, by purchasing their products, will be sending $ to a gun ban state.

The manufacturers moving does not cede the state - the voters do/did that through poor choices.

The manufactures moving denies the anti-gun people any income from gun buyers.

Why provide them with income from what they are willing to go out of their way to oppose?
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 3:55:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The manufacturers moving does not cede the state - the voters do/did that through poor choices.

Why provide them with income from what they are willing to go out of their way to oppose?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with this.

Lol...
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 3:57:25 PM EDT
[#36]
...and then you work up from that fucking nightmare, came to your senses and bought a reliable, functioning, modern handgun that you could trust your life to.
/end thread.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 3:59:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Believe I'm going to go with a DW Specialist.  Had been wanting a TRP, but fuck that.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 4:00:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 4:06:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I agree with this.

View Quote
I think this is the plan. We will have to wait and see what they do and act appropriately.

In the mean time the opportunist in me is just waiting for someone to lose their mind  go all anti SA and sell their Springfield Socom 16 dirt cheap.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 4:10:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Fucking traitors. That being said I love mine, won't sell them, but won't buy more of the modern ones.

Attachment Attached File
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top