Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:43:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I love being surrounded by lazy and incompetent people to some degree, they are an asset, makes my stock go up. If you are competent and have your shit hallway together you look like a superstar compared to the competition then. Some people complain about some screwup or whatever at work, the guy who fouls up this or that, shows up late, calls in sick a few times a month. I love that guy, he draws all the attention and makes me look better.

View Quote
Unfortunately, "that guy" was terminated Friday.

I see my 50 hour week going to 56/60 hours a week.  At an age where it really hurts.

At least I won't have to listen to his constant requests for money any more.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:52:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Not everyone is an entrepreneur or a CEO.  There are a lot of "regular" people out there.  Blue collar workers.  White collar.  Middle class.  Lower middle class.  People who work in call centers.  These people are not lazy or stupid.  Most of them work their asses off.

Technology, corporate greed, immigration, and outsourcing have changed the job market and these folks are getting assed out.  They work harder than they used to in a more competitive environment for the same (or less) money and the cost of the things they need has skyrocketed.

Many of their employers treat them with utter contempt.  Micromanaging every move they make and every shit they take.  Stress levels are increasing exponentially and it's getting much harder to make any kind of meaningful change in your life.

I'm praying for Trump to work some miracles because life in the United States is has gotten pretty grim for a lot of people.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:53:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yep.  

ARF is all "Fuck the poor" even though a majority of them are working poor / lower middle class themselves.
View Quote
Some people stick to their principals consistently, not just when it benefits them.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:02:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Not everyone is an entrepreneur or a CEO.  There are a lot of "regular" people out there.  Blue collar workers.  White collar.  Middle class.  Lower middle class.  People who work in call centers.  These people are not lazy or stupid.  Most of them work their asses off.

Technology, corporate greed, immigration, and outsourcing have changed the job market and these folks are getting assed out.  They work harder than they used to in a more competitive environment for the same (or less) money and the cost of the things they need has skyrocketed.

Many of their employers treat them with utter contempt.  Micromanaging every move they make and every shit they take.  Stress levels are increasing exponentially and it's getting much harder to make any kind of meaningful change in your life.

I'm praying for Trump to work some miracles because life in the United States is has gotten pretty grim for a lot of people.
View Quote
/This too.
Not everybody is smart enough to major in a STEM field, some kind genius with a brilliant entrepreneurial idea, or cut out for intense high-pressure jobs.  Some people just wanna go and put in an honest 40 hours a week for a decent wage.  Is that so wrong?
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:04:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Middle class if fine and growing around here.  It's the 'working class' that took a beating when all the mills closed and such.  People with no higher education or skills, those people use to be able to earn a living and raise a family, but it's a bit harder nowadays unless they up their game.  Manufacturing is still strong here don't get me wrong, but those little mill towns turned from once nice working class family oriented places into one big methamphetamine pandemic.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:06:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
/This too.
Not everybody is smart enough to major in a STEM field, some kind genius with a brilliant entrepreneurial idea, or cut out for intense high-pressure jobs.  Some people just wanna go and put in an honest 40 hours a week for a decent wage.  Is that so wrong?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/This too.
That genius with the brilliant idea is the guy who creates the jobs for those people to work.

The world is becoming more advanced, and people need to advance with it. You don't have a right to a job where you never have to learn or adapt or improve yourself.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:07:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
More idiots looking at people's outcomes without considering what went into (or didn't) achieving them.

So... you can MAKE people equal, or you can TREAT them equally... but not both at the same time.

The left wants to MAKE people equal. That's gonna require some pretty appalling shit.
View Quote
Because you can't make people equal, if equality is not earned then they are not equal.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:12:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Unlike the DU all topics are up for dialogue on ARF.

Inequality is a real issue with real consiquences, and will only get more serious with increased automation.

The difference is our answer vs theirs.
View Quote
So if further automation will cause more inequality, reducing automation must correspondingly decrease it.

Guess the path to prosperity is everyone going back to carving buggy parts out of hand-sawn trees.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:20:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So if further automation will cause more inequality, reducing automation must correspondingly decrease it.

Guess the path to prosperity is everyone going back to carving buggy parts out of hand-sawn trees.
View Quote
The problem isn't right now.  The problem will be in 20-50 years when automation starts seriously cutting away at jobs.  You see all those fast food restaurants?  90% of those jobs can go bye bye.  Realistically it should only take one employee in the restaurant to watch over the automated food making and packing systems.  90% of warehouse shipping/picking/packing/receiving jobs?  Bye bye.  All of that can be done by robots.  See where I'm going with this?  We'll be looking at a world where the bottom 50% of the workforce literally have nothing to do.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:26:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
If they want the same lifestyle as that first bunch, yeah.  

Folks with 3rd-world skill sets wanting a 1st-world standard of living just because they came out of a vagina poised over the proper piece of territory.  Fuck that shit.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:39:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The system is designed in this manner. It's why our two party system is so carefully constructed.

The left defends the welfare class. The right defends the super rich. All by design.

We're getting bled dry by both, yet in order to maintain our partisan politics, we'll defend our chosen abusers to our grave.
View Quote
This guy gets it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Throw cucumbers in support of equality.

There is a longer version, but this has the funny.

I laugh every time.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:50:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Author is semi-confused.

Banks didnt cause the financial crisis, congress & the past 4 presidents did.

The majority of the middle class's strife can be attributed to automation.  The pain of outsourcing has just started to hit & will burn for a very long time to come.  These two combined have and will continue to cause far more tears than good-hearted no-brained federal stimulus ideas.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:51:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The problem isn't right now.  The problem will be in 20-50 years when automation starts seriously cutting away at jobs.  You see all those fast food restaurants?  90% of those jobs can go bye bye.  Realistically it should only take one employee in the restaurant to watch over the automated food making and packing systems.  90% of warehouse shipping/picking/packing/receiving jobs?  Bye bye.  All of that can be done by robots.  See where I'm going with this?  We'll be looking at a world where the bottom 50% of the workforce literally have nothing to do.
View Quote
Citizens will vote in leaders that promise them a minimum standard income. So a corporation replaces 50% of it's employees with some form of automation or AI, they either pay a higher tax rate or a corporation gets tax credits based on how many humans they employ. Either way, I think we will have to see corporations and other entities taxed at higher rates, almost punitive in nature, in order to either fund the minimum standard income payouts and/or encourage human employment. That's where I see it going. 

That or the elites will live in secured and isolated locations while the bottom 90% live in squaller, corralled by some form of automated security or police force. I guess like that movie Elysium? 
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:52:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Banks didnt cause the financial crisis, congress & the past 4 presidents did.
View Quote
Do you REALLY believe our government wasn't acting on behalf the people who fund their lavish life styles? You think they said "Fuck the people who load my wallet, I'll vote how I want!"?

Because I don't.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:23:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
aint no goddamn blue collar jobs no more that pay fuck all.

mexcans took the ones that were here and now they don't pay shit...

rest of em shipped off to fuckin china...

trump's sposed to be doing sumthing bout it....

MEH
View Quote
Bull shit.  I know guys in the trades who do just fine.  Electrician, plumber and a carpenter.  All doing well amd plenty of work.  All blue collar middle class.   Most tell me they are in need of employess and are always looking for people who are legal no drugs with a good head on their shoulders.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:37:18 PM EDT
[#17]
No mention of Obamacare?

Seriously?

Health insurance is taking about 10k/year more out of my pocket than it did 6 years ago. It's sucked up all of my former discretionary spending. It's done that to a great many of us that are just above the line where we get that wonderful .gov subsidy.

To think that has no effect on the middle class is absurd.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:48:02 PM EDT
[#18]
This can all be solved if the rich would just give all the wealth to the people that need it, right?

In the US of A you can either be the poor slob that sits on his couch waiting on a check or you can be the poor slob that sits at work and waits on a check. Both will get you by in this world thanks to generous rich folk.

Now on the other hand, you can be an exceptional employee, a go getter or a business owner and one day become one of those rich generous folks.

Income inequality may be real but it is not the fault of the evil corporations built by greed that steal from the middle class. It is the fault of the entitlement class that believes something is owed to them more than what they are already getting.

I'm going to make a bet. If the rich evil corporations were to ever give these entitled brats what they wanted, it still wouldn't be enough.

Moral of the story: Work hard, harder than you ever imagined you could, save whatever you possibly can into whatever tax free or interest guaranteed account you can find and above all else, give to a charity so you can see what its like to pay someone you don't know and may never know.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:49:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Inequality is a real issue with real consiquences, and will only get more serious with increased automation.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This isn't du

Spot on.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:50:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This evidence is hardly a shock to those of us studying inequality in America
View Quote

There is a difference between "inequality" and "the economy being shit, and real incomes dropping".

What you're inferring is that the former is the cause of the latter.   But the policies that promote both have been deliberate; the political classes are trying to pull up the drawbridge behind them.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:01:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Trump is not going to save those people. The world is not going to wait hand and foot for those that are still living in the 80s and 90s. Learn new skills and adapt, no one gets ahead by waiting for a handout or a savior.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:33:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Bull shit.  I know guys in the trades who do just fine.  Electrician, plumber and a carpenter.  All doing well amd plenty of work.  All blue collar middle class.   Most tell me they are in need of employess and are always looking for people who are legal no drugs with a good head on their shoulders.
View Quote
With a valid drivers license and no DUI in the last few years so they can drive a company vehicle. I didn't realize how many people had messed up driving records until I got involved in hiring.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:38:07 PM EDT
[#23]
What constitutes the middle class?
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:51:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
When the liberals started allowing banks to sell loans to anybody, proof of income or not, personal responsibility went to shit and banks passed those weak loans to the liberal government who bought them. Eventually the vast overwhelming majority of people who shouldn't have been given loans failed to pay them the taxpayers were forced to pay. The homes around me doubled and tripled in price in 3-5 years and I couldn't figure out how people were paying twice and three times what I was paying my home. Of course they weren't and the only winners were Obama's friends in the banking industry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:So people must be held accountable while faceless corporations can do whatever they want?
When the liberals started allowing banks to sell loans to anybody, proof of income or not, personal responsibility went to shit and banks passed those weak loans to the liberal government who bought them. Eventually the vast overwhelming majority of people who shouldn't have been given loans failed to pay them the taxpayers were forced to pay. The homes around me doubled and tripled in price in 3-5 years and I couldn't figure out how people were paying twice and three times what I was paying my home. Of course they weren't and the only winners were Obama's friends in the banking industry.
That was Clinton shit, before obama.

And it wasn't so much "allowing" as it was legislators essentially "forcing" banks to make these crap loans that they knew would default.  Not to excuse the banks, or anyone involved in that mess, but they just took advantage of a crap situation.  Granted they probably realized they could get rich and greatly expanded it.

This was all in the name of diversity and helping po' black folk.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:56:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yep.  

ARF is all "Fuck the poor" even though a majority of them are working poor / lower middle class themselves.
View Quote
Yup!

Most ARF'ers are what my wife likes to call "thousandairs"
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:09:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Citizens will vote in leaders that promise them a minimum standard income. So a corporation replaces 50% of it's employees with some form of automation or AI, they either pay a higher tax rate or a corporation gets tax credits based on how many humans they employ. Either way, I think we will have to see corporations and other entities taxed at higher rates, almost punitive in nature, in order to either fund the minimum standard income payouts and/or encourage human employment. That's where I see it going. 

That or the elites will live in secured and isolated locations while the bottom 90% live in squaller, corralled by some form of automated security or police force. I guess like that movie Elysium? 
View Quote
Which do you think is more likely?

Corporations paying higher taxes to support hundreds of billions for living wages or the super rich pushing the rest of us into an Elysium type distopian world?
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:10:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes it's a lefty article.

However:

Today the average salary is the same as it was in 1996.   [color=#ff0000]I make about 3 times more than I did in 1996 per hour. And what does someone without 20 years of experience make in the exact same position you had in 1996? 3x as much? I doubt it. [/color]

What is the cost of healthcare today vs then?   I'm healthy and have a small monthly payment through my employer (like $20)

More importantly how much do employers contribute to healthcare and retirement now vs. then.  I'm healthy and have a small monthly payment through my employer (like $20)

Price of groceries have over doubled.  Yes food is definitely more expensive today if you buy processed foods or eat out at restaurants.  My grocery bill is usually $40 per week.

Price of gas has more than doubled.  [color=#ff0000]It's always been around $3 here In 2000 I was paying less than $1 per gallon. Sucks to be you.[/color]

Price of cars has almost doubled. [color=#ff0000] They are better quality though Barely helps the person that just needs a car to get to work. It will last longer, they will be less likely to be killed, but it is harder to pay for.[/color]

Price of housing and cost of rents has almost doubled for the average American.[color=#ff0000]  Yes.  That's what happens when you open the doors to illegals and refugees.  Don't vote for open borders politicians then whine about housing costs and traffic on the roads. Except for all the people who never did that, and still have to face these problems.[/color]

The middle class is being shrunk due to wage stagnation by corporations. [color=#ff0000] Not in my experience.  But I don't sit around expecting them to give me raises just because.  I bust my ass and look for opportunities, and develop skills on my own time.  I am looking at another job with another company and if they offer me six figures, I'll leave where I am now. Perhaps you should learn on your own time that anecdotes are not data. [/color]

Call me every name under the sun you want, it's a fact.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:11:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Gotta hand it to em tho.   The Commie fucks have catchy tunes.

The Internationale "?????????????" - Russian Version
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:15:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Don't forget about getting rid of all the tractors, combine harvesters, planters, etc...
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:15:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Which do you think is more likely?

Corporations paying higher taxes to support hundreds of billions for living wages or the super rich pushing the rest of us into an Elysium type distopian world?
View Quote
I think it happens in that order actually, throw a giant global economic collapse and a war in between the two though. 
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:24:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

With a valid drivers license and no DUI in the last few years so they can drive a company vehicle. I didn't realize how many people had messed up driving records until I got involved in hiring.
View Quote
It honestly won't be long before the trucks drive themselves. The plumbers and electricians will grab their food from a McDonalds that makes good profit and doesn't employ hardly anybody do turn that profit, and the plumbers and electricians will eat their food and do paperwork on the way in the truck that drives itself after entering the address into the computer. The trucking companies will get the job done well and get paid  well without having to employ any truck drivers. The self driving trucks and automated McDonalds will be built by robots on assembly lines. And everybody will be happy.

Oh, and the hispanics will pour the concrete.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:40:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
In fairness, you should be making more with 20 years of experience under your belt.  That doesn't mean the average salary has tripled, too.

I see that your state is AK.  That the price of gas has always been that high there isn't a surprise.  Here in Michigan, I was paying about $0.76/gal for diesel in my pickup (that was actually around 1999, though).

Cars may be of a better quality (I don't know that I necessarily agree...), but their cost is more a function of government regulations that forced expenses on manufacturers that are passed on to consumers.

ETA: also, your comment on wage stagnation misses the point - you're avoiding the stagnation by switching jobs.  20 years ago, people were more likely to work at the same company for x years, while regularly receiving raises, then retire.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes it's a lefty article.

However:

Today the average salary is the same as it was in 1996.   I make about 3 times more than I did in 1996 per hour.

What is the cost of healthcare today vs then?   I'm healthy and have a small monthly payment through my employer (like $20)

More importantly how much do employers contribute to healthcare and retirement now vs. then.  I'm healthy and have a small monthly payment through my employer (like $20)

Price of groceries have over doubled.  Yes food is definitely more expensive today if you buy processed foods or eat out at restaurants.  My grocery bill is usually $40 per week.

Price of gas has more than doubled.  It's always been around $3 here

Price of cars has almost doubled.  They are better quality though

Price of housing and cost of rents has almost doubled for the average American.  Yes.  That's what happens when you open the doors to illegals and refugees.  Don't vote for open borders politicians then whine about housing costs and traffic on the roads.

The middle class is being shrunk due to wage stagnation by corporations.  Not in my experience.  But I don't sit around expecting them to give me raises just because.  I bust my ass and look for opportunities, and develop skills on my own time.  I am looking at another job with another company and if they offer me six figures, I'll leave where I am now.

Call me every name under the sun you want, it's a fact.
In fairness, you should be making more with 20 years of experience under your belt.  That doesn't mean the average salary has tripled, too.

I see that your state is AK.  That the price of gas has always been that high there isn't a surprise.  Here in Michigan, I was paying about $0.76/gal for diesel in my pickup (that was actually around 1999, though).

Cars may be of a better quality (I don't know that I necessarily agree...), but their cost is more a function of government regulations that forced expenses on manufacturers that are passed on to consumers.

ETA: also, your comment on wage stagnation misses the point - you're avoiding the stagnation by switching jobs.  20 years ago, people were more likely to work at the same company for x years, while regularly receiving raises, then retire.
He also completed missed the increase in health care costs. If his amount didn't go up, his employers share did and that means a lower raise for him. Plus rising deductibles, copays, and out of pocket maximums should be considered as well.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:54:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Don't forget about getting rid of all the tractors, combine harvesters, planters, etc...
View Quote
Which of course uses less and less workers to produce more and more food for our ever increasing workforce to purchase with money.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:04:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Absolutely. The context of my post was more about the op,s posting history and that extremely slanted article.

The left has all but declared war on "Middle America", and yet there is no end to these stupid fuckin articles about why the "middle class" is failing.

The topic of why the left is obsessed with classification of citizenship and economic status is for another thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely. The context of my post was more about the op,s posting history and that extremely slanted article.

The left has all but declared war on "Middle America", and yet there is no end to these stupid fuckin articles about why the "middle class" is failing.

The topic of why the left is obsessed with classification of citizenship and economic status is for another thread.
I'm sorry if it looked like I was attacking you. I recognized the OP's name, so I know his "slant" but the topic seems to be toxic here and it shouldn't be.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:07:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not a luddite, and I don't agree with the liberal prescription to dealing with income inequality, but you'd have to be blind not to realize that at some point automation of manual labor jobs is going to create a huge cluster fuck down the line.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:26:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
So people must be held accountable while faceless corporations can do whatever they want?
View Quote
We got a live one!
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:28:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
More idiots looking at people's outcomes without considering what went into (or didn't) achieving them.

So... you can MAKE people equal, or you can TREAT them equally... but not both at the same time.

The left wants to MAKE people equal. That's gonna require some pretty appalling shit.
View Quote
To put it more concise

Free people are not equal.
Equal people are not free.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:34:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What I see getting people in trouble is poor financial planning, spending too much, saving too little, buying things with no value, living for the moment and not taking advantage of tax deferred/advantaged savings plans.  
View Quote
I agree with you for the most part. But the savings. The Fed has lowered interest rates so low, that saving money is actually losing money. .025% when inflation is only 1%, is still losing money. Not everyone has enough to put in a CD or something that gets more than the inflation rate.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:35:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The basic premise that America gets lazier while the super rich are deserving of their ever increasing share of wealth is a masterstroke of disinformation. Most people work hard for less.

We are already a functional Oligarchy, which was never the intent. Even now, paid operatives, ie., legislators, are working to force employees to allow employers to keep their overtime funds for a later disbursement as discretionary comp time, to be doled out at the employers leisure, if at all.  This is right in front of our noses.
View Quote
So we are living a South American socialist life style.....
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:06:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I agree with you for the most part. But the savings. The Fed has lowered interest rates so low, that saving money is actually losing money. .025% when inflation is only 1%, is still losing money. Not everyone has enough to put in a CD or something that gets more than the inflation rate.
View Quote
This. It's by design. 

The bulk of the economy runs off of people spending everything they earn and then some on credit. If America as a whole decided to start saving and paying off debt it would crash the economy in no time. 
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:14:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

/This too.
View Quote
Punching 40 hours a week at a job for someone that is not smart enough for a STEM degree, not driven enough to make it out on their own, nor can handle high pressure just doesn't get you a decent wage. So, yes, its incorrect to expect it. You want better, you make yourself better. You cannot expect to be handed a decent wage just coasting through life. It takes actual work. I once worked shit jobs that paid shit. I decided I wanted more, busted my ass, and got it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:32:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
aint no goddamn blue collar jobs no more that pay fuck all.

mexcans took the ones that were here and now they don't pay shit...

rest of em shipped off to fuckin china...

trump's sposed to be doing sumthing bout it....

MEH
View Quote
Yeah, we're all waiting on that...
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:45:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Wow op you have a big brassy pair posting a topic like that here. You wanna know the best part though? Some of these people are so dumb they will defend the very system that is keeping them poor. Throw all the facts in the world at them. Still don't care.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:57:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Wow op you have a big brassy pair posting a topic like that here. You wanna know the best part though? Some of these people are so dumb they will defend the very system that is keeping them poor. Throw all the facts in the world at them. Still don't care.
View Quote
lol you seem. . . . familiar
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 2:06:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Generally only the poor, and those who wish to exploit them for votes, give a damn about 'inequality'. 
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 2:08:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Income inequality is the libtard excuse for the poor being lazy.  

This is America.  You can have whatever the hell you want if you go out and work for it.   
View Quote
Poor being lazy, huh? Lol. Sure. You seem wise.

But yeah it's nonsense. What matters is standard of living and even a poor American lives better than 90% of all humans in history.

You could fix so called income inequality by killing the top 1% of the wealthiest people but nobody would be better off. It's a fake concept.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 2:16:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
How much are they willing to pay per hour?

Any benefits?

About 15 years ago, there was an internet forum for Fine Homebuilding.

It was prophesiezed (sp?) Back then that instead of people asking "Do you know a good doctor/dentist/lawyer?" That in the future to come, they would be askind "do you know a good carpenter/plumber/electrician?"

It is hard work and it does grind a body down.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 2:24:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Bull fuckin' shit written by a bleeding heart liberal.

Usurious interest rates are half of what they were 30 years ago and it sucks when someone puts a gun to your head and maintains you take a payday loan but it's apparently an all too common event. Bankruptcy should be hard as it's us that are responsible that pay for that, the money doesn't come from harvesting unicorn farts. So many poor people fail to work hard and sacrifice delaying gratification. Unemployment insurance ... not familiar with how it works as I've had a job all but 11-days of my life since age 16.
View Quote
Wanna see more people pay attention to their funds, use cash, and crush the debt problem forever?

Make bankruptcy a 15 minute process that clears all debts and can't be appealed by any lender.

It'll put banks out of business, yes, but your debt problem is solved overnight. And the banks that didn't disappear would be a shit load more careful about who they lend money to.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 2:26:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hmm i remember that picture from somewhere. Did we argue about something before? lol
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 2:39:54 AM EDT
[#50]
"Muh middle class tho!"

It's disgusting. Putting yourselves and others into "classes" is just another form of identity politics. It's fucking cancer.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top