BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:14:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It did not work out for S&W. The owners financially collapsed and sold the entire business to escape the mess. The S&W of today shares nothing more than the name.
View Quote
And that abortion of a keyhole.

I imagine it'll be pretty hard to pick up a SA or RRA product in Illinois in the future.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:17:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:18:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Leave them a one star google review.
View Quote

don't see those either now.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:21:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I get an error when I try to click the link to their review page. 
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:28:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Watch, their excuse will be that they supported the IFMA because it was a good organization but that they had no idea that IFMA was doing this. That the carve-outs were IFMA trying to protect IL businesses but that they weren't consulted. Blah blah we didn't intend to lie down with lions and all that shit.

Fuck 'em, boycott on. No TRP for me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:36:53 PM EDT
[#6]
The prime funders of IFMA are Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms. In response to a request for comment on the deal, Springfield Armory CEO Dennis Reese gave TTAG the following statement:

“The legislative process is a fluid process. The bill has only moved through one chamber, and it is still in the process. We fully support the Second Amendment and stand by it. The Illinois Manufacturers Association will continue to fight and protect not only manufacturers, but dealers and the gun owner as well.”
View Quote
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/04/daniel-zimmerman/statement-from-springfield-armory-ceo-denny-reese-on-ifma-deal-illinois-anti-gun-legislation/
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:37:56 PM EDT
[#7]
If they sold us out then it looks like they need to learn a lesson the hard (i.e. S&W) way.

Plus if you have a hankering for an M14-style rifle Fulton Armory is much better anyways
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:40:19 PM EDT
[#8]
That's a bullshit response if there ever was one.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If they sold us out then it looks like they need to learn a lesson the hard (i.e. S&W) way.

Plus if you have a hankering for an M14-style rifle Fulton Armory is much better anyways
View Quote
Or get a LRB that is a forged receiver.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:46:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That's a bullshit response if there ever was one.
View Quote
Vague response is vague. What he actually said was This deal is lining my pockets. I don't care about you, the 2nd Amendment or small business rights.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:54:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Or get a LRB that is a forged receiver.
View Quote
A year from now we will probably have a tacked thread dedicated to all the M1A rifles that were built somewhere else...
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:56:12 PM EDT
[#12]
They still have Twitter open...

@Springfield_Inc
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:01:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The British  Tomkins PLC owned Smith and Wesson company that sold us out no longer exists, its trademarks and assets, but not the company itself, were sold to an American company known as Smith and Wesson Holding Company whose first act was to abrogate the agreement that the old Tompkins PLC owned company entered into with the Clinton Administration and the other gun grabbers.

I'll forgive Rock River and Springfield Armory as well, after their assets and trademarks are sold to new owners.

Until then they can both drink from the toilet.

Too bad, my wife wanted one of the new Springfield  XDe s for Mothers Day.
View Quote
that's funny iirc Tomkins made toilets
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:02:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't do facebook page but I'm going to vote with my wallet as I was about a week away from picking up a TRP.  Dan Wesson it is.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:04:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Glock 19 or 26
View Quote
or LEO trade in 23/22/17 that are under $400 if money is an issue. If not I vote 19 too
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:05:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Facebook rating scale is now not showing. Or visitor posts to the page.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:08:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I don't do facebook page but I'm going to vote with my wallet as I was about a week away from picking up a TRP.  Dan Wesson it is.
View Quote
I'd go with Wilson Combat.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:09:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I own nothing made by Springfield. And now I never will.
View Quote
Had a RRA lower and gave it to my buddy today.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:11:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Dan Wesson is a better pistol in every way.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:15:04 PM EDT
[#20]
For all of the people saying they were going to buy, but now they aren't.  Send a redacted copy of your receipts to the companies so they can see the actual money they missed out on.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:17:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good enough!
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:40:25 PM EDT
[#22]
FFS

Idiots
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:42:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Gun range
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:07:10 PM EDT
[#24]
And so ends the XD vs Glock debate.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:27:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
And so ends the XD vs Glock debate.
View Quote
QFT
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Can someone explain what SA and RRA gained by supporting this? Also, did they not think gun owners would care or keep buying their products by doing this??
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:56:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Can someone explain what SA and RRA gained by supporting this? Also, did they not think gun owners would care or keep buying their products by doing this??
View Quote
An exemption for themselves from the proposed licensing/transfer requirements in exchange for removing their opposition to the bill. It's my understanding that it is specifically not grandfathered for all manufacturers, and therefore has every appearance of influence peddling.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:56:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
They gained an exemption from all of the state dealer restrictions and requirements in the bill.

Technically, they did not support, but switched from opposing to neutral.   As a result of their change, the bill sponsor gained additional yes vote(s) whlch allowed it to pass by the minimum required.

There has been some insinuation they may not have known what their lobbying group was doing, but I find that hard to believe.  Guess we will need to see what they say when/if  they release a statement.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:30:56 PM EDT
[#29]
I get why people are up in arms about this, but are you guys REALLY going to sell off all you SA/RAA guns? Really? In the trash with the AKs?

While I may never give either anymore business, I'm certainly not going to dump my favorite 1911 and four ARs built on RRA lowers (all of a which I got when we "liked" RRA).

Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:42:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I get why people are up in arms about this, but are you guys REALLY going to sell off all you SA/RAA guns? Really? In the trash with the AKs?

While I may never give either anymore business, I'm certainly not going to dump my favorite 1911 and four ARs built on RRA lowers (all of a which I got when we "liked" RRA).

View Quote
I think I've got one gun from Springfield (1911) and a lower from Rock River.   I'm not going to cut them up, but I'm not buying anything new after this.   They're as dead to me as S&W or Ruger was when they stabbed us in the back.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:45:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
For all of the people saying they were going to buy, but now they aren't.  Send a redacted copy of your receipts to the companies so they can see the actual money they missed out on.
View Quote
That's a fantastic idea
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:06:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I guess they think they are too big to fail. We shall see.

BTW, I just saw some ads here for SA. Not sure what the Arfcom owner can do to have them removed.
View Quote
No, no, no. Click every SA and RRA add you see. It costs them money.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:11:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess they think they are too big to fail. We shall see.

BTW, I just saw some ads here for SA. Not sure what the Arfcom owner can do to have them removed.
So you're saying we should come up w/ an ad click bot and send it after them? 
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:47:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You know what's funny? All these people angry about SA being in cahoots with anti-2a politicians for political favors.... rushing out to a well known anti-2a website (facebook) to show just how angry they are about a company supporting anti-2a policies.

Give me a break people.
View Quote
Very good point and well taken. Facebook is the devil, and should not be supported by the 2nd community.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:57:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Very good point and well taken. Facebook is the devil, and should not be supported by the 2nd community.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You know what's funny? All these people angry about SA being in cahoots with anti-2a politicians for political favors.... rushing out to a well known anti-2a website (facebook) to show just how angry they are about a company supporting anti-2a policies.

Give me a break people.
We're cutting of our nose to spite our face if we ignore the social media that works.   I've got a Facebook account I only use for contacting people or companies when it's the most effective method.   Like it or not if we don't use social media effectively we will be marginalized in today's society.   
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:05:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
I've been trying to sell my xd40 and xd40SC for about a year on and off but no one wants them lol.

I'll be selling my xds45 if I can.

Maybe this will encourage me to take less.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:31:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sorry dude, the value of all those guns just took a major shit. Get out while you can.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:45:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
While brilliant, that kind of suggestion can tank your account here almost as fast as Springfield tanked its reviews.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:48:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Could it be that people aren't a fun of Croatian rebrands and Brazilian garbage for made in the USA prices?
View Quote
^ This right here. The only springfields I see myself owning are old Surplus weapons. They can keep their XDs and other crap.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:51:37 PM EDT
[#40]
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/04/john-boch/springfield-armory-rock-river-arms-trade-opposition-to-illinois-ffl-licensing-scheme-for-carve-out/

This is a link to an article in The Truth about Guns which explains the way SA and RRA sold out the people. I found this to be a fairly easy and simple read and I now see why everyone is so pissed.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:18:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
While brilliant, that kind of suggestion can tank your account here almost as fast as Springfield tanked its reviews.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can see doing it causing problems, but a smart ass comment w/ a smilie next to it as a joke.   Probably not.   I could be wrong.  Now if you did it you'd be an idiot and deserve what you got.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:33:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Sorry dude, the value of all those guns just took a major shit. Get out while you can.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the political BS that has polluted the market.

They are worth no less because of the stance of the manufacturer.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:36:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

That's the political BS that has polluted the market.

They are worth no less because of the stance of the manufacturer.
View Quote
They are worth what someone will give you for them...
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:39:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Do they shoot just as well as they did yesterday? Well the answer is yes, yes they do.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:53:49 AM EDT
[#45]
I guess the SBRd lowers are going in the trash.

Link Posted: 4/30/2017 3:48:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Do they shoot just as well as they did yesterday? Well the answer is yes, yes they do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This, I dont have any from either manufacturer, but if I did I would not trash them, or sell them.  I just wont buy anymore.  Destroying your own property makes no sense, they already made the money off of it.  Just deny them your financial essense from now on.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 5:32:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Cheaper than moving to Iowa or Indiana...

Nope.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 9:01:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Short of an M1A there is nothing SA makes that even turns my head. Same for RRA. A loss of either company wouldn't really affect me.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 9:10:47 AM EDT
[#49]
They blocked the review page on FB-f'em
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 9:19:54 AM EDT
[#50]
I don't see why Springfield would do something this stupid.
They could move to a free state very easily.
For fucks sake all they need is a warehouse to receive shipping containers from Croatia.
It's not like they have a huge manufacturing facility and hundreds of skilled machinist working for them.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top