Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 4/29/2017 9:58:32 AM EDT
Is there ANY living person in the USA who is admired by almost all the citizenry? Be they a sports figure. actor, intellectual, politician, religious leader, musician, military hero, etc.?

Granted, such a person has always been somewhat rare, but it seems like in the past you could find someone to admire among the astronauts, or a great sports player; people who were worthy of being a role model.

The closest I can come to thinking of someone is Stephen Hawking, but his personal life was somewhat troubled, and he's a Brit.

I can't think of ONE person in the USA, but there must be SOMEONE, right? Help me out here.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:59:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Me, unquestionably.

Remember the Shield thread, remember the shield thread!
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:02:28 AM EDT
[#2]
According to the interwebs it's obviously the kardashians.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:03:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:05:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Good question actually.  The US is so polarized it's incredible, Balkanized actually.  Betty White.  Maybe Buzz Aldrin & Billy Graham.  Seems like you have to look to the older generation for someone so well liked.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:08:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Me, unquestionably.

Remember the Shield thread, remember the shield thread!
View Quote
credit card companies love you
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:08:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Betty White?
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:08:58 AM EDT
[#7]
bill cosby.... oh wait.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:09:34 AM EDT
[#8]
I would not admire any human being who is "universally" admired.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:09:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Tom Hanks, maybe?
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:11:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Mike Rowe
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:12:11 AM EDT
[#11]
eminem
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:12:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Mike Rowe

Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:12:32 AM EDT
[#13]
James Earl Jones
Morgan Freeman
Harrison Ford
Michael Jordan
Emmitt Smith

Those are the most upstanding people I can think of at the moment that are generally regarded well.  Now I await the one ArfCommer that got beat up for his lunch money by JEJ and dunked on by a punk-kid 15yr old Jordan 30yrs later.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:13:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The closest I can come to thinking of someone is Stephen Hawking, but his personal life was somewhat troubled, and he's a Brit.
View Quote

Oh there are plenty of hardcore religious tards who hate Hawking because he doesn't preach the "God did it" model of physics.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:13:19 AM EDT
[#15]
John Stamos
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:13:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Tom Hanks, maybe?
View Quote
I HATE that dude . . .

Just kidding. He's actually the first name that came to mind. It's a damn shame that the most admired man in America is a pretender (actor).
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:13:43 AM EDT
[#17]
I've never heard about someone disliking Keanu Reeves.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:14:40 AM EDT
[#18]
WHat about that pilot who landed on the Hudson? Skully?
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:14:59 AM EDT
[#19]
The Rock
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:15:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Chuck Norris...or else.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:16:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Nope.  Just check out some of the replies on his Facebook from moonbat libtards because he advocates fairly conservative principles.

He made a positive statement about guns and got a lot of "oh no, I can't believe you would say something so ignorant" type horseshit from the self-righteous pearl-clutching crowd.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:17:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Oh there are plenty of hardcore religious tards who hate Hawking because he doesn't preach the "God did it" model of physics.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus, a lot that accord him the same respect due "Black Science Guy" and "Bill Nye (science guy)".  

What has he done?    Has he solved the Theory of Everything?    How long has he been working on it?
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:20:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Somebody always hates everybody . . .

Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:21:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Leading up to the confirmation of Secretary Mattis I recall some very over the top articles on websites like slate praising him.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:22:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
James Earl Jones
Morgan Freeman
Harrison Ford
Michael Jordan
Emmitt Smith

Those are the most upstanding people I can think of at the moment that are generally regarded well.  Now I await the one ArfCommer that got beat up for his lunch money by JEJ and dunked on by a punk-kid 15yr old Jordan 30yrs later.
View Quote
JEJ, maybe.

Morgan Freeman was good to go until the car wreck/adultery scandal a few years ago earned him some haters.

Harrison Ford, maybe.

Jordan is probably at the top of the list.  You'd be hard pressed to find someone who dislikes him outside of the "bunch of thugs who get paid way too much to play a kids game" segment of sad non-athletic pussies who are still holding a grudge because the jocks got all the girls in high school.

Hating the Cowboys seems to be the cool thing to do nowadays so Emmitt gets hated by default.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:22:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Betty White?
View Quote
This would be a safe bet. 
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:24:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Plus, a lot that accord him the same respect due "Black Science Guy" and "Bill Nye (science guy)".  

What has he done?    Has he solved the Theory of Everything?    How long has he been working on it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bats are blind!

Have any of those guys done anything earth shattering in their respective fields other than making themselves media celebrities?
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:25:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:26:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh he hasn't done much... 

Stephen Hawking developed a mathematical proof for black holes. He proved Einstein's theory of general relativity. Through math and science, Stephen redefined the Big Bang theory. Also Stephen Hawking proved the universe has no boundaries.

Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:28:21 AM EDT
[#30]
No there isn't.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:29:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Taylor Swift and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:30:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Bill Cosby.

OJ Simpson.

Bill O'Reilly.

Phil Spector.

Jared from Subway.

GODDAMMIT. No, there is nobody who is universally admired.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:31:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Bats are blind!

Have any of those guys done anything earth shattering in their respective fields other than making themselves media celebrities?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bats are blind!

NDT has a talent for making insanely complex ideas understandable and interesting to the general non-sciency public.  He does a phenomenal job at getting people interested in science/space and that is pretty damn impressive. 
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:31:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:34:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:36:37 AM EDT
[#36]
The founder of Olive Garden 'cuz everyone loves Olive Garden.

And Sara Lee.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:36:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Taylor Swift and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
View Quote
Fuck that musloid.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:36:52 AM EDT
[#38]
In this society?

Lol.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:37:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Kind of key to keep everyone outraged.

Where have you gone Joe Dimaggio?

No war heroes like Audie Murphy.  

Colin Powell and Condi Rice called Uncle Toms by other black "leaders".

Morgan Freeman seems about the best in moving around.  Not too many taking shots at him.  Not a hero but an "everyman" type.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:38:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The closest I can come to thinking of someone is Stephen Hawking.
View Quote

No.   I can't stand that fucking clown.    I strongly suspect he is a fraud and just a front for upcoming students.

Nevertheless, many tards fantasize about licking his asshole merely for his anti faith based support of nothingness.

Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:38:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
NDT has a talent for making insanely complex ideas understandable and interesting to the general non-sciency public.  He does a phenomenal job at getting people interested in science/space and that is pretty damn impressive. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bats are blind!

That is of great value.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:43:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
eminem
View Quote
He's a master at avoiding politics. Most rap artists can't seem to stfu but somehow he manages to avoid it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:43:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Firefighters?
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:44:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
He is far from universally respected.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:47:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Nrvermind
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:48:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Mike Rowe
View Quote
Good one.

For a dead people, I never heard anyone say a bad thing about Dean Martin or Cary Grant.  Modern living people are harder to do because we learn more about their politics and aspirations.  Religion is right out.  Politicians is impossible.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:49:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Gary Sinise, who doesn't like Gary Sinise?
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:50:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I've never heard about someone disliking Keanu Reeves.
View Quote
I like him and think he has gotten a lot better in action acting roles.   There are some criticism of him for the same reason that most of his roles are not serious or challenging of him in any way.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:50:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Amazingly, Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr. was worshipped by many.   He died recently, less than a year ago, June 3, 2016 at age 74.    Services for that clown shut down Louisville Kentucky.   I have never seen anything like it.    It was depressing to see so many worship a hateful, racist, anti-American, self-aggrandizing, egomaniacal, muslim domination supporting, over blown mouth well.

Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:51:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I would not admire any human being who is "universally" admired.
View Quote
Probably the most interesting, unintentially self-revealing post in this thread.

You need to ask yourself why.

In an age where everyone's dirty laundry is for sale, being "universally admired" would require a ridiculously high level of character. Being contrarian for the sake of being "different" is strong evidence of serious ego issues.

You ok?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top